Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump wants AHCA vote on Friday, if it fails, "he is done with healthcare"

Trump wants AHCA vote on Friday, if it fails, "he is done with healthcare"

Add this to the threat of primarying any no voting representatives, and Trump apparently is trying to play hardball to preserve TRUMPCARE.

Well, I got a power play for the chump. Right now, Trump only has a pretty thin margin for error if articles of impeachment are brought. I assume the democrats would vote yes reflexively, after all.

If he wants to start threatening the political future of sizable parts of the GOP congress, he better be smart enough to realize that he needs those congressmen to continue to pretend they like him. He is, truthfully, of the weakest position in the national government.

After all, secretly, and maybe not so secretly for some, Pence would be a whole lot more popular. Under Pence, I have no doubt we could get a bill that at least repeals the ACA, and he wouldn't be a constantly embarrassing the GOP, leaking political capital everywhere.
    Last edited by WTLaw; 03-23-2017 at 07:36 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Always been a progressive. He doesn't give a crap about the GOP.
    Partisan politics, misleading or emotional bill titles, and 4D chess theories are manifestations of the same lie—that the text of the Constitution, the text of legislation, and plain facts do not matter; what matters is what you want to believe. From this comes hypocrisy. And where hypocrisy thrives, virtue recedes. Without virtue, liberty dies. - Justin Amash, March 2018

Lol explain this @dannno
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by WTLaw View Post

After all, secretly, and maybe not so secretly for some, Pence would be a whole lot more popular. Under Pence, I have no doubt we could get a bill that at least repeals the ACA, and he wouldn't be a constantly embarrassing the GOP, leaking political capital everywhere.
    Sleep it off.

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    Lol explain this @dannno
    : D is could be goood.

So the options are TrumpCare and Obamacare, Trump doesn't seem to care which. He'll blame it on Rand if Obamacare stays around.
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

I assume you are referring to this: http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare...amacare-repeal

"President Trump warned House Republicans on Thursday that he will leave ObamaCare in place unless they approve legislation to repeal and replace it.

Trump officials meeting with the House GOP conference said Trump is done negotiating over the legislation, which was set to come up for a vote Thursday but was delayed.

Budget Director Mick Mulvaney, a former member of the House Freedom Caucus that has been negotiating with Trump, told the GOP conference that Trump wants a vote on Friday during a dramatic closed-door meeting, according to a GOP source in the room.

If the vote fails, Trump will move on to other priorities and ObamaCare will stay as the law of the land, Mulvaney said."

To which I reply: This is just plain stupid. Congress can send any bill they want to Dump and then he will have to sign or veto it.

If he wants to start threatening the political future of sizable parts of the GOP congress, he better be smart enough to realize that he needs those congressmen to continue to pretend they like him. He is, truthfully, of the weakest position in the national government.
    Trump's ego, meet reality.

Should be fun to watch.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So the options are TrumpCare and Obamacare, Trump doesn't seem to care which. He'll blame it on Rand if Obamacare stays around.
    Rand talks to him three times a day. At least one of those calls would be taken during a golf match. Business deals are made on the fairway. "Fair away from prying eyes." Like Obama's spies. Therefore, Rand and Trump have secretly colluded to destroy Paul Ryan. I don't see how you don't understand this. dannno could explain it better than I could.

Lol explain this @dannno
    seems pretty reasonable of a statement to me. If they don't vote on it, he is done pushing, campaigning and talking about it. That doesn't mean that he wont sign something the house and senate get around to passing later. On the surface this should be a good thing, giving them time to work up something better. I mean in theory that is....

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    seems pretty reasonable of a statement to me. If they don't vote on it, he is done pushing, campaigning and talking about it. That doesn't mean that he wont sign something the house and senate get around to passing later. On the surface this should be a good thing, giving them time to work up something better. I mean in theory that is....
    Except on the surface Trump is saying "pass my damn plan, $#@!s or America keeps Obamacare"
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Except on the surface Trump is saying "pass my damn plan, $#@!s or America keeps Obamacare"
    which we all know will fail at some point anyways. as I see it, he can't really lose with his position. That's probably what he has wanted all along anyways... then he'll be the one to sign into law the single payer $#@!job.

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    If and when the Congress passes a new bill, Trump will sign whatever they put in front of him. Right now he needs to either help Rand or shut the $#@! up.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    which we all know will fail at some point anyways. as I see it, he can't really lose with his position. That's probably what he has wanted all along anyways... then he'll be the one to sign into law the single payer $#@!job.
    He already has lost. To be threatening your own members like he has, this early...hell, at all, is the mark of a disgraced leader. He is inches away from being a lame duck, already. He cant fight both sides, simply cant, and this is where he finds that business maneuvering is far different than legislative politics.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Let it die and use the leverage when the times comes. May be the smart move.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleaner44 View Post
    If and when the Congress passes a new bill, Trump will sign whatever they put in front of him. Right now he needs to either help Rand or shut the $#@! up.
    The only problem with that is, that passing a healthcare bill requires leadership. It shouldn't, but it does. It never ceases to amaze how few real conservatives there really are in congress.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Hey Mr. President, you don't call the shots here.

This is the Legislative process.

The bill will get to your desk in due time.

Go back to your oval office and get to work shrinking the executive branch.
    The bigger government gets, the smaller I wish it was.
    My new motto: More Love, Less Laws

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    Not the way Trump operates. He is incapable of preserving political capital. In 6 months, he will be in the 20 percent approval zone at best. Even Dannno will abandon him. And the GOP will only have 2 years before the trump backlash levels congress, so, it has to be done soon.

Shelve it, and its over. The trump presidency, and the dream of repealing obamacare under trump.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Not the way Trump operates. He is incapable of preserving political capital. In 6 months, he will be in the 20 percent approval zone at best. Even Dannno will abandon him. And the GOP will only have 2 years before the trump backlash levels congress, so, it has to be done soon.

Shelve it, and its over. The trump presidency, and the dream of repealing obamacare under trump.
    He's already discussed it.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer...alth-care.html

A White House official said Trump made it clear that “this is the chance to repeal and replace,” but Politico and CNN reported that he also brought up his fallback plan: Let Obamacare fail on its own, blame the Democrats, and push another Republican health-care plan two years from now.

Good chance he isn't president in 2 years.

Besides, there is no reason to threaten Republicans the way he is doing if his con were to blame democrats in 2 years. Why not just let the bill fail sorta quietly, then wander off to some other subject? He gains nothing with the ultimatum. He is showing his cards, and they arent good.

He really is incompetent.

if articles of impeachment are brought.

It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

“I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Good chance he isn't president in 2 years.

Besides, there is no reason to threaten Republicans the way he is doing if his con were to blame democrats in 2 years. Why not just let the bill fail sorta quietly, then wander off to some other subject? He gains nothing with the ultimatum. He is showing his cards, and they arent good.

He really is incompetent.
    You might want to do some research before you embarrass yourself again.
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

All earthly leaders fall sometime. Trump, an especially vane and incautious man, will fall quicker and farther than most.

And I bet, at the end, it will be Republicans who make it happen. Mercifully.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Sexy. A true American male does not feel fulfilled without a challenge. She and I would strike up a conversation. I would force it if I had to. American women respect that. I'd also talk up her non-american ugly friend. Find out what kind of a ride they came in on the low down. My America wit would put hottie a bit off. She, being an American woman, would bite. alpha begins with "A" just like American. She'd then want to check out my rhythm. Ask me to the dance floor. That's her way of seeing if I'm a spy for Russia. American men don't dance and she'd expect me to bow out with "I gotta piss, you go ahead." I'd tell her to go ahead with her ugly "friend," who I'm beginning to think is a commie agitator. And possibly a bitter lesbian commie agitator that considers my man meat a threat. Warranted, but come on. I'd excuse myself to the bathroom, then make a zig-zag to the parking lot. Once there I'd find the car. I'd tell the lot security guy "Hey, Dwayne, here's $15, go around the side." Then I'd pull the hose to the fuel filter off and crimp it. I'd go back in and keep the intensity going. TLDR: America woman's car won't start and I only got a two seater. Because the back of the quad cab is full of construction tools. Booom!

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Sexy. A true American male does not feel fulfilled without a challenge. She and I would strike up a conversation. I would force it if I had to. American women respect that. I'd also talk up her non-american ugly friend. Find out what kind of a ride they came in on the low down. My America wit would put hottie a bit off. She, being an American woman, would bite. alpha begins with "A" just like American. She'd then want to check out my rhythm. Ask me to the dance floor. That's her way of seeing if I'm a spy for Russia. American men don't dance and she'd expect me to bow out with "I gotta piss, you go ahead." I'd tell her to go ahead with her ugly "friend," who I'm beginning to think is a commie agitator. And possibly a bitter lesbian commie agitator that considers my man meat a threat. Warranted, but come on. I'd excuse myself to the bathroom, then make a zig-zag to the parking lot. Once there I'd find the car. I'd tell the lot security guy "Hey, Dwayne, here's $15, go around the side." Then I'd pull the hose to the fuel filter off and crimp it. I'd go back in and keep the intensity going. TLDR: America woman's car won't start and I only got a two seater. Because the back of the quad cab is full of construction tools. Booom!
    I've seen her naked
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Banned

Blog Entries
    Which is good, because if that happens, Trump loses, and trump is a tyrant.

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    Since the idiotic liberals and Obama still claims that Obamacare helped people, i say let Trump save it and let the idiotic leftists see how wrong they were about Obama, only reality and facts are going to wake up those idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by UWDude View Post
    Which is good, because if that happens, Trump loses, and trump is a tyrant.
    So you preferred Hillary tyrant?

There is no penalty for refusing to fill out line 61 according to the Executive Order. It's voluntary.

https://www.fool.com/retirement/2017...-to-a-big.aspx

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast