Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: The retail apocalypse has officially descended on America

Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    I have been hatching an idea for Apocalypse Vacations.
    As long as I don't have to drink tang or $#@! my pants, launch me in a rocket into the stars.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Kid Komrade at 1 mo.
    Quote Originally Posted by fedupinmo View Post
    Kid Komrade at 1 yr.

Quote Originally Posted by Raginfridus View Post
    As long as I don't have to drink tang or $#@! my pants, launch me in a rocket into the stars.
    Whatchu gotta gainst Tang?

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Ryan
    In Washington you can see them everywhere: the Parasites and baby Stalins sucking the life out of a once-great nation.

Back to the OP. I'm watching a report on "retail-tainment," or experience retail, where stores are creating experiences like golf simulators, exercise try-outs, whatever, to "delight" the customer so they will come into b&m stores.

Dear Retailers: I would be delighted to walk into a store, find the product I want, and then be able to pay for it and go home without waiting in super long queues. I would also like to have cashiers who actually know how to count change because I don't use your store's credit card, so please don't make them try to upsell me one. All I want is service.
    "There are two freedoms - the false, where a man is free to do what he likes; the true, where he is free to do what he ought."~~Charles Kingsley

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    Back to the OP. I'm watching a report on "retail-tainment," or experience retail, where stores are creating experiences like golf simulators, exercise try-outs, whatever, to "delight" the customer so they will come into b&m stores.

Dear Retailers: I would be delighted to walk into a store, find the product I want, and then be able to pay for it and go home without waiting in super long queues. I would also like to have cashiers who actually know how to count change because I don't use your store's credit card, so please don't make them try to upsell me one. All I want is service.
    Dear Retailers: Dont send me to your website when I am physically standing in your store.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintian an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

You are Ron Paul's Media!

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Somebody is filling up the retail space. Vacancies have been declining.
    That is vacancy rates. What is happening to the total available retail space? Is it growing, remaining flat, or declining?
    And why did you not post this to begin with? Almost if your presented a statistic to only persuade, not inform.

Quote Originally Posted by LibForestPaul View Post
    That is vacancy rates. What is happening to the total available retail space? Is it growing, remaining flat, or declining?
    And why did you not post this to begin with? Almost if your presented a statistic to only persuade, not inform.
    Good point about rates. In my mid-size Agenda 21 city, a lot of the retail space that was once strip malls and stand-alone units has been demolished and replaced with mixed use Agenda 21 condo developments. More is demolished daily. The total square footage of retail space has definitely been reduced. Then there's the low-profile gray-area-of-legality gambling parlors taking over from spaces previously occupied by retailers like carpet sales and other services no longer needed because of the condo developments. This is also why delivery services are being pushed onto everyone.

It's a combination of less money to spend and less options to spend at, not some giant demand for online commerce. All very intentional, of course, as part of Agenda 21 and the loss of dollar global reserve status.
    Last edited by devil21; 12-09-2017 at 02:12 PM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

The entire internet is the domain of paid shills and bots. If you don't know this by now....

Israel, under control of the Crown and, ultimately, the Vatican, own the USA. If you don't know this by now....

Talk to people about liberty. You won't find it on websites, you won't find it in politicians.

Visiting the Outer Banks of NC?
    Outer Banks NC Fishing Boat Rentals

Sears announced it will be closing an additional 64 Kmart and 29 Sears stores
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

Default Barnes & Noble layoff in the works

https://www.retailcustomerexperience...-in-the-works/

Feb. 15, 2018

The holiday season didn't prove to be a boon for beleaguered bookseller Barnes & Noble, and the retailer is laying off workers.

In a statement, company officials stated it was "adjusting staffing" to meet needs of existing business and customers and that as “the business improves we'll adjust accordingly."

The news comes following reports of healthy retail sales increases at the end of 2017 compared to 2016, and as companies are doling out bonuses and pay raises primarily due to the federal tax reform. The National Retail Federation expects the robust retail sales trend to continue this year, as Retail Customer Experience previously reported.

Barnes & Noble did not provide the number of workers being laid off, according to a USA Today report, or which roles and markets may be impacted.
    Truth is a social construct. 👁👁

The book business has been struggling for a long time- between the growth of the internet and Amazon. Retail in general has been doing fairly well.

The news comes following reports of healthy retail sales increases at the end of 2017 compared to 2016, and as companies are doling out bonuses and pay raises primarily due to the federal tax reform. The National Retail Federation expects the robust retail sales trend to continue this year, as Retail Customer Experience previously reported.
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post

Half the crap I write here is just to entertain myself.
    I am Zippy and I approve of this post. But you don't have to.

Default Toys ‘R’ Us Is Prepping to Liquidate Its U.S. Operations

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...u-s-operations

March 8, 2018

Toys “R” Us Inc. is making preparations for a liquidation of its bankrupt U.S. operations after so far failing to find a buyer or reach a debt restructuring deal with lenders, according to people familiar with the matter.

While the situation is still fluid, a shutdown of the U.S. division has become increasingly likely in recent days, said the people, who asked not to be identified because the information is private. Hopes are fading that a buyer will emerge to keep some of the business operating, or that lenders will agree on terms of a debt restructuring, the people said.

The toy chain’s U.S. division entered bankruptcy in September, planning to emerge with a leaner business model and more manageable debt. A new $3.1 billion loan was obtained to keep the stores open during the turnaround effort, but results worsened more than expected during the holidays, casting doubt on the chain’s viability.

“While a Chapter 11 bankruptcy provides a company with breathing space, it is incumbent on the debtors’ management to show how it intends to reorganize as a going concern,” said Gregory Plotko, a partner in the bankruptcy practice at Richards Kibbe & Orbe LLP. “My sense is that the major creditor group has not yet heard a compelling enough story, nor has a ‘white knight’ appeared.”

... https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...u-s-operations
    Truth is a social construct. 👁👁

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678