Thread: Thomas Massie on CNN: Trump a one term president if GOP healthcare bill passes

Thomas Massie on CNN: Trump a one term president if GOP healthcare bill passes

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    hold!
    The bigger government gets, the smaller I wish it was.
    My new motto: More Love, Less Laws

I doubt he cares. It was probably just something to check off his bucket list.

We are trying to save [Trump]
    Massie just said he wants Trump to go two terms.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Thomas did a great job, especially while having to deal with that lecturing, browbeating, humorless bitch.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

"GWARGH gimme a soundbite Thomas!"
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

"They're sounding really pa...optimistic"

lol.

Perhaps Trump is seeing this racket for what it is, is saying "screw this", and will work to ensure he is not re-electable.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Massie just said he wants Trump to go two terms.
    Wait a minute. This is your proof that Massie wants Trump to have two terms? Seriously? Let me translate this for you. Massie basically threatened Trump to stop supporting this horrid bill and at the same time gave himself political cover with his rabidly pro Trump constituents as to why he (Massie) was going against a bill that their hero Trump supported.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Wait a minute. This is your proof that Massie wants Trump to have two terms? Seriously? Let me translate this for you. Massie basically threatened Trump to stop supporting this horrid bill and at the same time gave himself political cover with his rabidly pro Trump constituents as to why he (Massie) was going against a bill that their hero Trump supported.
    So you think he was lying
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

I have no doubt Massie would love for Trump to be a two term president who stands for Liberty and repeals Obamacare. That does not mean he believes Trump will do those things, that doesn't make him a liar. If Trump pushes for Single Payer again I expect Massie will come out against him on that too, just like this last bill.
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

No. I think you don't understand what he was actually saying.

Edit: Go to 2:45 and listen to the entire exchange again!

CNN Reporter: He [Trump] warned all of you that voting against you means that some of you could lose your seats and also that the Republicans could lose the majority. Do you believe him?

Massie: We're afraid he's a one term president if this passes. We're trying to save him. The phone calls to my office are running 275 against to 4. Only 4 phone calls from my constituents are in favor of this. So voting for this is going to be bad today. It's going to be really bad in 2 or 3 years when the changes start kicking in and health insurance prices start going through the roof.

CNN Reporter: But congressman you also know that politically this president is a man who is known to take names and is known to have a long memory for those who go against him. Do you fear he'll campaign against you when you vote know on this?

Massie: Well he's been to Kentucky and I'm from Kentucky and Pence was here the week before. But in Kentucky the vote against this bill is still the right vote. Whether democrats are for no or republicans are for no, there's just no constituency for this bill in Kentucky.

CNN Reporter: When this bill fails, you will not blame yourself of course. Who will you say is to blame? Yourself or president Trump?

Massie: You know when president Trump took the advice of the Heritage Foundation and the Federalist Society and came up with a good nominee, he was a hero. But then when he started taking the advice of Paul Ryan and lobbyists in DC, he ratings went down 10 points.
    And I hope that's what he sees, that we are trying to save him from bad advice. And maybe he'll start taking advice from those conservatives again.

CNN Reporter: So who's to blame if this fails.

Massie: This shouldn't fail. After the bill goes down tomorrow we can go back and bring conservatives to the table instead of trying to break their kneecaps after the bill is written and craft a good bill.

CNN Reporter: So after the bill fails you can come back and tell me who to blame.

Massie: (just laughs)
    Last edited by jmdrake; 03-28-2017 at 07:10 AM.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.