Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nunes: Trump transition members were under surveillance during Obama administration

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Think for a second what if you happen to be on the wrong end of the worldwide outrage for not opposing the terror.
    I don't understand. Can you rephrase that?
    +
    'These things I command you, that you love one another.' - Jesus Christ

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Think for a second what if you happen to be on the wrong end of the worldwide outrage for not opposing the terror.
    LOL Yeah, that's where trump is. Ending the war on terror, 50 babies at a time.

[QUOTE]Reports: US Airstrikes Killed 230 Civilians in Mosul Overnight
    Over 130 Civilians Killed in Attack on a Single Building in Western Mosul
    by Jason Ditz, March 23, 2017
    Print This | Share This
    As the US airstrikes in the Iraqi city of Mosul are increasingly concentrated around densely populated neighborhoods in the city’s west, the death toll from those airstrikes in spiraling rapidly out of control, with the most recent figures out of the area suggesting around 230 civilians were killed overnight in US and coalition strikes in just a single neighborhood.

That’s an enormous toll, of course, but is reported from several sources telling largely the same story, including that a single US airstrike against a large building full of civilians in Mosul killed over 130 people, while the other 100 or so were killed in the surrounding area.

Central Command said that they were “aware of the loss of life” and were carrying out “further investigation,” while insisting that all of their strikes against Mosul overnight “comply with the Law of Armed Conflict.” Centcom’s official report for the overnight strikes claimed they’d hit “11 fighting positions” and didn’t mention killing hundreds of civilians.

Britain’s Daily Telegraph reported that the civilian death toll was mostly women and children, saying that the bulk of the bodies were pulled from just three adjoining residences in the Jadida neighborhood. They speculated the civilians were “human shields” for ISIS snipers in the area.

That would be an awful lot of human shields, of course, and there wouldn’t be much point of stashing them inside buildings where the US forces clearly either didn’t know where they were or didn’t feel it amounted to a deterrent to bombing those buildings anyhow.

If the toll is ultimately confirmed by Centcom, which is a huge “if” given how often well documented incidents never end up on their official reports, it would roughly double the number of civilians the US has admitted to killing in Iraq and Syria over the ISIS war. NGOs have suggested the US strikes have killed well over 2,000 civilians already, and that’s not including last night’s massive toll.[QUOTE]
    Partisan politics, misleading or emotional bill titles, and 4D chess theories are manifestations of the same lie—that the text of the Constitution, the text of legislation, and plain facts do not matter; what matters is what you want to believe. From this comes hypocrisy. And where hypocrisy thrives, virtue recedes. Without virtue, liberty dies. - Justin Amash, March 2018

Quote Originally Posted by undergroundrr View Post
    This site is so weird. Russia is a big, militaristic, oppressive nation-state just like the USA. Why are people here Russia fans?
    Being against the neoconservative, leftist and MIC war on Russia is not the same as being "Russia fans". It's a big part of what Ron Paul talks about on a daily basis, so there is nothing weird about it being on this forum.

Now it should be obvious that an outlet like RT is going to be favorable to Russia, and not so favorable to US interests that are always trying to push Russia into a corner. They have an agenda, and it is helpful to them to have Ron Paul on to give his opinions on non-aggression. It doesn't mean that Ron is a "Russia fan".

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    Where have I ever called Russia the boogeyman?
    Can you list forum members who are pro-Russia activists, as opposed to Ron Paul style peace, prosperity and anti-aggression people?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

This site is so weird. Russia is a big, militaristic, oppressive nation-state just like the USA. Why are people here Russia fans?
    They agree with the things that Russian state media says, and as a result they consume an enormous amount of propaganda.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    ты ничего не знаешь

В России проблемы есть... дороги и дураки....

Russia is a homicide machine, subject to rule by whatever nefarious regime happens to come up victorious at any given time. Congrats on Putin for hanging on for so long. He's really butch.

Russia is a massive boogeyman. So is France, Germany, USA, Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, China, Iran, Israel. They all suck and need to be dismantled just like the USA. They all spy on other people, they all spy on their own people, they all murder like psychopaths. I think Russia sucks. You're a state-licker if you don't think so.

Signed - paid shill, MSM sheeple and Hillary plant undergroundrr

Quote Originally Posted by Mordan View Post
    ты ничего не знаешь

In America we speak American.

Quote Originally Posted by Mordan View Post
    ты ничего не знаешь

LOL Google translate

you know nothing

In Russia there are problems ... roads and fools ....
    Muh roads!
    Partisan politics, misleading or emotional bill titles, and 4D chess theories are manifestations of the same lie—that the text of the Constitution, the text of legislation, and plain facts do not matter; what matters is what you want to believe. From this comes hypocrisy. And where hypocrisy thrives, virtue recedes. Without virtue, liberty dies. - Justin Amash, March 2018

My personal view is that everybody is under surveillance by somebody. Everybody. I happen to think every president has been taped/spied on since 1926 or so. Sure presidents were spied on before then, but I think Hoover became, well, a vacuum. Obama may have thought that it was HE that was spying on Trump, but he were being spied on to. Pointing figures at trees in the middle of an Appalacian National Park is kind of rediculous

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    My personal view is that everybody is under surveillance by somebody. Everybody. I happen to think every president has been taped/spied on since 1926 or so. Sure presidents were spied on before then, but I think Hoover became, well, a vacuum. Obama may have thought that it was HE that was spying on Trump, but he were being spied on to. Pointing figures at trees in the middle of an Appalacian National Park is kind of rediculous
    Exactly. They're doing this crap to practically all of us, which should be a huge scandal in and of itself.

Russia is a homicide machine, subject to rule by whatever nefarious regime happens to come up victorious at any given time. Congrats on Putin for hanging on for so long. He's really butch.

Russia is a massive boogeyman. So is France, Germany, USA, Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, China, Iran, Israel. They all suck and need to be dismantled just like the USA. They all spy on other people, they all spy on their own people, they all murder like psychopaths. I think Russia sucks. You're a state-licker if you don't think so.

Signed - paid shill, MSM sheeple and Hillary plant undergroundrr

LOL Yeah, that's where trump is. Ending the war on terror, 50 babies at a time.

Reports: US Airstrikes Killed 230 Civilians in Mosul Overnight
    Print This | Share This
    As the US airstrikes in the Iraqi city of Mosul are increasingly concentrated around densely populated neighborhoods in the city’s west, the death toll from those airstrikes in spiraling rapidly out of control, with the most recent figures out of the area suggesting around 230 civilians were killed overnight in US and coalition strikes in just a single neighborhood.

That’s an enormous toll, of course, but is reported from several sources telling largely the same story, including that a single US airstrike against a large building full of civilians in Mosul killed over 130 people, while the other 100 or so were killed in the surrounding area.

Central Command said that they were “aware of the loss of life” and were carrying out “further investigation,” while insisting that all of their strikes against Mosul overnight “comply with the Law of Armed Conflict.” Centcom’s official report for the overnight strikes claimed they’d hit “11 fighting positions” and didn’t mention killing hundreds of civilians.

Britain’s Daily Telegraph reported that the civilian death toll was mostly women and children, saying that the bulk of the bodies were pulled from just three adjoining residences in the Jadida neighborhood. They speculated the civilians were “human shields” for ISIS snipers in the area.

That would be an awful lot of human shields, of course, and there wouldn’t be much point of stashing them inside buildings where the US forces clearly either didn’t know where they were or didn’t feel it amounted to a deterrent to bombing those buildings anyhow.

If the toll is ultimately confirmed by Centcom, which is a huge “if” given how often well documented incidents never end up on their official reports, it would roughly double the number of civilians the US has admitted to killing in Iraq and Syria over the ISIS war. NGOs have suggested the US strikes have killed well over 2,000 civilians already, and that’s not including last night’s massive toll.
    The 2nd post is a pretty good response to the 1st post. The US is Jekyll Island while Russia is Jesse James.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    They agree with the things that Russian state media says, and as a result they consume an enormous amount of propaganda.
    What are those things exactly that 'they' (who I am guessing are the posters here who prefer good relations with Russia instead of bad relations) agree with in regards to what the Russian State media propaganda says? That the US government is supplying arms to terorists? That the US government is manufacturing coups, overthrowing elected leaders, and creating instability in the Middle East and elsewhere around the world?

Who is being deceived and what are the lies that 'they' have fallen for?

Please, since I imagine you think of me as being part of the they, tell me what Russian propaganda lies I have fallen for.
    Last edited by TER; 03-23-2017 at 11:34 PM.
    +

Zero (0)

What is, the number of $#@!s I give about pro-PATRIOT Act politician being spied on?

The same reason that so many people became Trump fans simply because they hated Hillary, or Obama fans simply because they hated Bush, etc.

...enemy of my enemy fallacy.
    Last edited by r3volution 3.0; 03-23-2017 at 11:26 PM.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    The same reason that so many people became Trump fans simply because they hated Hillary, or Obama fans simply because they hated Bush, etc.

...enemy of my enemy fallacy.
    Who is it 'they' hate then, that they want the US and Russia to have good relations?
    +

Quote Originally Posted by TER View Post
    Who is it 'they' hate then, that they want the US and Russia to have good relations?
    It's one thing to oppose to the US' aggressive policy toward Russia (as virtually everyone at RPF has always done).

It's something else entirely to view the Russian state as some kid of champion of liberty (as some here do).

...let alone to think Trump and the Russian government are cooperating to "fight the establishment."

That is delusion.

It's one thing to oppose to the US' aggressive policy toward Russia (as virtually everyone at RPF has always done).

It's something else entirely to view the Russian state as some kind of champion of liberty (as some here do).

...let alone to think Trump and the Russian government are cooperating to "fight the establishment."

That is delusion.
    Please give an example of a post that "views the Russian state as some kind of champion of liberty".

Please give an example of a post that even remotely suggests that "Trump and the Russian government are cooperating to 'fight the establishment.' "
    Last edited by Jamesiv1; 03-24-2017 at 02:56 AM.
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

It's something else entirely to view the Russian state as some kid of champion of liberty (as some here do).
    That is delusion.
    And it is something else entirely between viewing them as a champion of liberty and seeing them as allies in a fight against globalist and social agendas that some of us disagree with.

I wonder who are the ones being indoctrinated by state propoganda...

The ones who want to see better US-Russian relations, or the ones who see Russia as the greatest threat to the world and our worst enemy.
    Last edited by TER; 03-24-2017 at 05:16 AM.
    +

[QUOTE][QUOTE=undergroundrr;6438994]LOL Yeah, that's where trump is. Ending the war on terror, 50 babies at a time.

Reports: US Airstrikes Killed 230 Civilians in Mosul Overnight
    Print This | Share This

If the toll is ultimately confirmed by Centcom, which is a huge “if” given how often well documented incidents never end up on their official reports, it would roughly double the number of civilians the US has admitted to killing in Iraq and Syria over the ISIS war. NGOs have suggested the US strikes have killed well over 2,000 civilians already, and that’s not including last night’s massive toll.
    You missed a few important words, so I found them for you. Does any sane person think that these countries would ever admit "Yes the US bombed an ISIS stronghold and killed 50 members of ISIS."? Of course they are going to say it was women and children, just like when we talk about cutting domestic spending its always the police and firefighters that are getting cut.

"Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    In America we speak American.
    Not everybody, some people still speak English

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by TER View Post
    What are those things exactly that 'they' (who I am guessing are the posters here who prefer good relations with Russia instead of bad relations) agree with in regards to what the Russian State media propaganda says?
    Not necessarily everything, but some believe obvious propaganda such as Russian objectives in Syria or that Russian forces were not involved in combat in the Ukraine.
    Pinochet is the model
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

In anticipation of a "bluh America supports terrorists in Syria" and "bluh American coup in Ukraine" response, let me pre-emptively say that there are more choices available than just wholeheartedly swallowing either one set of propaganda or the other. Many people who claim to be critical thinkers are in fact just contrarians and seek out news which opposes mainstream sources, regardless of the accuracy or bias. Contrarians don't like grey areas. They're more interested in hearing things that they agree with than being told the truth.
    Pinochet is the model

Not everybody, some people still speak English
    Only Tories.

"Classified intelligence showing incidental collection of Trump team communications ... came from multiple sources, ...

The intelligence is said to leave no doubt the Obama administration, in its closing days, was using the cover of legitimate surveillance on foreign targets to spy on President-elect Trump, according to sources.

The key to that conclusion is the unmasking of selected U.S. persons whose names appeared in the intelligence, the sources said, adding that the paper trail leaves no other plausible purpose for the unmasking other than to damage the incoming Trump administration."
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...urce-says.html
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

Not necessarily everything, but some believe obvious propaganda such as Russian objectives in Syria or that Russian forces were not involved in combat in the Ukraine.
    Who here said that Russian forces were not involved in combat in Ukraine?

What propaganda is there regarding the Russian objectives in Syria that you feel 'they' have been indoctrinated with?
    +

In anticipation of a "bluh America supports terrorists in Syria" and "bluh American coup in Ukraine" response, let me pre-emptively say that there are more choices available than just wholeheartedly swallowing either one set of propaganda or the other. Many people who claim to be critical thinkers are in fact just contrarians and seek out news which opposes mainstream sources, regardless of the accuracy or bias. Contrarians don't like grey areas. They're more interested in hearing things that they agree with than being told the truth.
    I think your last sentence describes you exactly in this current debate.

You claim 'they' are being indoctrinated with false Russian propaganda. A friend of yours says that 'they' want better relations with Russia because they share a common enemy.

Who is the common enemy which is being referenced, and what are the propaganda lies which 'they' are being deceived in by Russian state media?
    +

I think that it is totally reasonable for a president that is campaigning for one candidate to have access and spy on the opposing candidate.

Banned

Blog Entries
    what is the Russian objective in Syria?

They're more interested in hearing things that they agree with than being told the truth.
    Please, enlighten us with "the truth".
    Last edited by UWDude; 03-24-2017 at 08:56 AM.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.

https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/statu...82931144900608
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    I think that it is totally reasonable for a president that is campaigning for one candidate to have access and spy on the opposing candidate.
    I wouldn't go that far. It uses public funding, resources and force monopoly. But he's certainly welcome to hire private firms using his own money.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast