Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Nunes: Trump transition members were under surveillance during Obama administration

Nunes: Trump transition members were under surveillance during Obama administration

Nunes: Trump transition members were under surveillance during Obama administration
    By Austin Wright - 03/22/17

Members of the Donald Trump transition team, possibly including Trump himself, were under U.S. government surveillance following November’s presidential election, House Intelligence Chairman Devin Nunes (R-Calif.) told reporters Wednesday.

Nunes said the monitoring appeared to be done legally as a result of what's called "incidental collection," but said he was concerned because it was not related to the FBI’s investigation into Russia’s meddling in the election and was widely disseminated across the intelligence community.

“I have seen intelligence reports that clearly show that the president-elect and his team were, I guess, at least monitored,” Nunes told reporters. “It looks to me like it was all legally collected, but it was essentially a lot of information on the president-elect and his transition team and what they were doing.”
    More: https://secure.politico.com/story/20...e-obama-236366
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Oh ho ho. Life comes at you fast [Mod Edit].
    Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 03-22-2017 at 03:00 PM. Reason: Let's avoid name calling.

I wonder if all Republican nominees were under such "incidental" surveillance so they could be damaged through leaks?

Quote Originally Posted by randomname View Post
    I wonder if all Republican nominees were under such "incidental" surveillance so they could be damaged through leaks?
    incidental surveillance knows no party bounds.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Revealed: Intelligence Community Collected and Shared Information about Trump Transition People
    Written by Adam Dick - Wednesday March 22, 2017

Early information arising from a US House of Representatives Intelligence Committee investigation into possible United States government spying on Donald Trump and people associated with him appears to show that information about individuals associated with Trump and his presidential transition was collected through surveillance by, and was widely distributed in, the US intelligence community.

Rep. Devin Nunes (R-CA), chairman of the House Intelligence Committee, told reporters Wednesday that “on numerous occasions the intelligence community incidentally collected information about US citizens involved in the Trump transition” and that “details about US persons associated with the incoming administration — details with little or no apparent foreign intelligence value — were widely disseminated in intelligence community reporting.”

Nunez also stated in a press release Wednesday that he has “asked the Directors of the FBI, NSA, and CIA to expeditiously comply with my March 15 letter, and to provide a full account of” related surveillance activities.

Nunes’ discussion of the information being “incidentally collected” and then being widely distributed despite having little or no apparent foreign intelligence value highlights a reason to reject the common claim that people who have done nothing wrong have no reason to worry about mass surveillance. When you allow surveillance to run wild, then information that has nothing to do with the supposed purposes of the surveillance, such as protecting Americans from terrorist attacks, can be easily and frequently swept up and shared.

It is naďve to believe that none of the people who obtain the surveillance-derived information will then use it to their advantage, even if that results in harm to the people “incidentally” surveilled. It is also naďve to assume that surveillance efforts will not be adjusted here and there to make sure that more of the desired, but definable as “incidentally collected,” information is obtained and shared.
    http://ronpaulinstitute.org/archives...sition-people/
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

"Legally" "collected".
    Nothing to see here, folks.
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

Lindsey's on CNN right now saying if he was being spied on, it'd be bad.

Love it. So if they listen to us, no problem; but Lindsey??? Oh noooo!
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Um. Everybody is under surveillance. All the time. Are we still figuring that out? All. The. Time. Everyone.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Its like slow motion watching people get egg on their face.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Lindsey's on CNN right now saying if he was being spied on, it'd be bad.
    "Hello? Yes...I'd like to order one Filipino lady-boy..."

-Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by otherone View Post
    "Hello? Yes...I'd like to order one Filipino lady-boy..."

I regret I have no rep to give for a full throttle belly laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    I regret I have no rep to give for a full throttle belly laugh.
    "Hey Lindsey. No, it's not good news. You should probably get tested, too..."
    -Albert Camus

Yes, the nefarious plan to acquire damaging information and then not use it until after the person is elected.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Incidental collection? Widely disseminated throughout the intelligence community? Not even related to the Russian investigation? And yet this is new info after months of spreading the Russian narrative throughout the news? Wow. Mile high vat of bull$#@! there.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Yes, the nefarious plan to acquire damaging information and then not use it until after the person is elected.
    Yeah, it is called blackmail, and THEY do it to all sides and eachother.

To me, the real shocker is that after no doubt surveilling a billionaire like Trump is that couldn't even find anything worthy of embarrassing him, at the very least, with. Hell, they could have found numerous things to, at the very least, embarrass me with and I'm a 50+ yr old honest grandmother.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by PatriotOne View Post
    To me, the real shocker is that after no doubt surveilling a billionaire like Trump is that couldn't even find anything worthy of embarrassing him, at the very least, with. Hell, they could have found numerous things to, at the very least, embarrass me with and I'm a 50+ yr old honest grandmother.
    +1

Seriously, I would be screwed. "Grab 'em by the pu$$y" was the best they had and, to tell you the truth, I don't think it hurt him. Some of my "urban" buddies were all about it.
    "If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." - Thomas Jefferson

"It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds" - Sam Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Gumba of Liberty View Post
    +1

Seriously, I would be screwed. "Grab 'em by the pu$$y" was the best they had and, to tell you the truth, I don't think it hurt him. Some of my "urban" buddies were all about it.

Only a female liberal and the pussified men care about locker room talk.

Schiff: There is now 'more than circumstantial evidence' of Trump-Russia collusion
    By MADELINE CONWAY 03/22/17 06:15 PM EDT

Rep. Adam Schiff, the top Democrat on the House Intelligence Committee, said Wednesday that there is “more than circumstantial evidence now” to suggest that President Donald Trump’s campaign may have colluded with Russia’s attempts to disrupt the election, but he would not offer details.

“I can tell you that the case is more than that,” Schiff told Chuck Todd on MSNBC. “And I can’t go into the particulars, but there is more than circumstantial evidence now.”

When Todd followed up, asking if he had “seen direct evidence of collusion,” Schiff would not say so directly, but insisted that he has seen some “evidence that is not circumstantial” and is worth investigating.

“I don’t want to go into specifics, but I will say that there is evidence that is not circumstantial and is very much worthy of investigation, so that is what we ought to do,” Schiff said.

The FBI is currently investigating any links between the Trump campaign and Russia and whether the two parties coordinated with Russia’s suspected cyberattacks on Democratic Party officials before the election.

Trump and his aides have repeatedly denied any such wrongdoing. While Democrats have been raising questions about the president’s relationship with Russia for months, no public evidence has emerged to tie him or his associates directly to the cyberattacks.
    http://www.politico.com/story/2017/0...llusion-236386
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Schiff says there is evidence worthy of investigation? Another one? Also how did the Russians affect the election?

Meanwhile idiotic liberals on twitter are still going with the Russian Hysteria.

Ah Yes Schiff that jack ass.

You should problary remove that you stand with Rand but with Schiff.

This is the same Schiff jack ass whom got owned on FOX News. Maybe you should stop worshiping his behind.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    This is the same Schiff jack ass whom got owned on FOX News. Maybe you should stop worshiping his behind.
    You realize they are on the same committee?

Eamon Javers is a Washington Reporter for CNBC + wrote a book on corporate espionage. Economy, politics, spies, etc.

They probably have got Manafort, too. He was in deeper than Flynn, and Manafort has already hired damage control.

Were any other Republican nominees or their close supporters talking to the Russian Ambassador to get caught in the dragnet?
    “…let us teach them that all who draw breath are of equal worth, and that those who seek to press heel upon the throat of liberty, will fall to the cry of FREEDOM!!!” – Spartacus, War of the Damned

BTC: 1AFbCLYU3G1dkbsSJnk3spWeEwpqYVC2Pq

Banned

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Problem was, there was no damaging information. The whole Russia thing was a ruse and misdirection.

White House distances Trump from Manafort
    BY JORDAN FABIAN - 03/22/17 08:47 PM EDT 91

The White House on Wednesday rushed to distance itself from President Trump’s former campaign chairman, Paul Manafort, saying Trump did not know of his secret work for a Russian oligarch.

“The president was not aware of Paul’s clients from the last decade,” White House press secretary Sean Spicer told reporters.

Spicer was responding to a bombshell Associated Press report revealing that Manafort signed a multimillion-dollar contract beginning in 2006 with Oleg Deripaska, a close associate of Vladimir Putin, to help advance the Russian leader’s interests around the world.

The story fueled the growing controversy over the Trump team’s ties to Russia, which was rekindled Monday when FBI Director James Comey publicly confirmed the bureau is investigating whether Trump associates coordinated with Moscow during the 2016 presidential election.

Trump officials initially declined to comment on the Manafort story, saying they wouldn’t speak about a non-White House employee. But facing a barrage of questions during his daily briefing, Spicer sought to minimize the nature of Manafort’s work as well as his standing in Trump’s orbit.

Spicer said the AP report did not reference any action by the president, the White House or any administration official, while adding there is no indication Manafort did “anything improper” by signing an agreement with Deripaska.

Spicer at times became flustered at the line of questioning, saying it was “insane” for Trump to be aware of Manafort’s business arrangements.

“What else don’t we know? I mean, where he went to school, what grades he got, who he played with in the sandbox?”

He also stressed that Manafort was “hired to oversee the campaign’s delegate operation” and spent “just under five months” on the Trump campaign.

But the White House’s efforts to cast Manafort as a bit player have often strained credulity.

Spicer on Monday described the former campaign chairman as someone “who played a very limited role for a very limited amount of time.” He also said Manafort was hired in June, even though he was brought on board in March.

That comment generated pushback even from allies of the president.

“I’ve know Paul a long time. I have a lot of respect for him. I worked very closely with him. I don’t think we can describe Paul’s role as limited,” financier Anthony Scaramucci, who worked on Trump’s transition team, said on CNN.

Spicer backtracked on Wednesday. “Clearly, I should have been more precise with respect to Paul’s role,” he said.

Manafort took over as de facto campaign manager after Trump fired Corey Lewandowski from the job in June. “Paul’s in charge,” Spicer, who was then communications director of the Republican National Committee, told Reuters at the time.

The longtime GOP operative was eventually dismissed from the campaign in August amid a swirling controversy around his work for a pro-Russia political party in Ukraine. Manafort is facing allegations that he was paid millions of dollars as part of the arrangement.

But even after his dismissal, Manafort was not entirely banished from Trump’s orbit.

Manafort has said privately that he still speaks to the president by phone, according to the AP. His former deputy, Rick Gates, now leads a pro-Trump outside group called America First Policies.

The new revelation about Manafort’s work for Russia has revived questions about whether Trump properly vetted individuals who worked for his campaign, transition and now his administration.

Many of those individuals have found themselves the center of the controversy over Russia.

Former national security adviser Michael Flynn resigned last month after it was revealed that he misled senior officials about his conversations with Russia’s ambassador to the U.S.

Flynn was hired for the top security job even though he informed lawyers on the Trump transition that he intended to register as a foreign agent for work he did on behalf of a businessman aligned with the Turkish government.

Asked Wednesday if he could say whether there is anyone in the White House working in the interest of a foreign government, Spicer declined to definitively rule it out.

“I can tell you that every form has been filled out,” Spicer said, referring to clearance paperwork needed for national security roles.

“To sit here and ask me whether I can vouch for, whatever it is, a few hundred people, that have filled out everything, you know, that would be ridiculous,” he said.

With headlines mounting over Trump’s links to Russia, the White House has also worked furiously to change the subject.

Spicer portrayed the Manafort story as proof of media bias, floating ties between Trump’s 2016 Democratic opponent, Hillary Clinton, and Russian interests.

He noted lobbying work done by Tony Podesta, the brother of Clinton campaign chairman John Podesta, against Russian sanctions, as well as a deal to sell American uranium deposits to a Russian company, which occurred while Clinton served as secretary of State during the Obama administration.

The spokesman also recited the new assertion from House Intelligence Committee Chairman Devin Nunes (R-Calif.) that members of Trump’s transition team had their communications inadvertently swept up in legal U.S. surveillance.

In an unusual move, Nunes rushed to the White House Wednesday afternoon to brief Trump. The president later told reporters he felt “somewhat” vindicated by Nunes’s findings, even though they did not corroborate his claim that former President Obama wiretapped Trump Tower during the campaign.

Trump did not address the Manafort story.
    http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...-from-manafort

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast