Thread: Republicans modify Obamacare repeal bill to win more GOP votes

Republicans modify Obamacare repeal bill to win more GOP votes

So how much closer is this to Rand Paul's bill?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/p...ives/99427432/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Ryan is getting desperate.

True and I'm happy with Rand's influence and it hasn't even got to the senate yet.

https://twitter.com/Phil_Mattingly/s...01142726287361
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by TruthBTold View Post
    So how much closer is this to Rand Paul's bill?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/p...ives/99427432/
    Not close enough. A few tweaks are not enough. This was released Monday, and it didn't change anyone's mind.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Not close enough. A few tweaks are not enough. This was released Monday, and it didn't change anyone's mind.
    Haha, so it looks like this won't be moving thru tomorrow, Paul Ryan is a chump!

Rand already tweeted that Ryan will pull the bill rather than let the house vote it down. This bill is dead.
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

https://twitter.com/TimAlberta/statu...02386748461057
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    Rand already tweeted that Ryan will pull the bill rather than let the house vote it down. This bill is dead.
    I hope so. It makes Paul Ryan look the fool that he is. They need to go back to the drawing board, repeal it then debate after on a replacement and what should be in it. People are going to be pissed off no matter what they do, might as well do the right thing for the long term future rather than a quick fix.
    USE THIS SITE TO LINK ARTICLES FROM OLIGARCH MEDIA:http://archive.is/ STARVE THE BEAST.
    More Government = Less Freedom
    Communism never disappeared it only changed its name to Social Democrat
    Emotion and Logic mix like oil and water

https://twitter.com/daveweigel/statu...02678965665792

Massie is changing his vote:

Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

Quote Originally Posted by EBounding View Post

Lol. Ron once said something to the affect about having fun while fighting for liberty. Massie seems to embody this philosophy.

yesterday it was a "heck no", maybe tomorrow it will be a "$#@! no"

Yaaaaaaas

2K retweets 5k likes on twitter and climbing 55 minutes in.
    Last edited by William Tell; 03-22-2017 at 03:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Ron Paul = Dr. No
    Thomas Massie.... Dr. HELL NO

There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    SPICER: There is no 'plan B' for healthcare if the GOP replacement bill fails

White House press secretary Sean Spicer on Wednesday projected confidence that the Republican bill to repeal and replace Obamacare would pass a critical House vote.

Spicer told reporters during a daily press briefing that there is no back-up plan for the American Health Care Act, which has also been colloquially referred to as "Trumpcare" and "Ryancare," because the bill would pass.

"No, there is no plan B," said Spicer. "There is a plan A, and plan A. We're going to get this done. We're going to get it done, that's it, plain and simple."

During a recent meeting, Trump told conservative groups that are against the bill that his plan B was to allow Obamacare, officially named the Affordable Care Act, to "collapse" and then blame Democrats for any negative outcomes.

Spicer also said that Trump is working to corral as many votes for the AHCA as possible, using Paul Ryan's nickname "The Closer" to describe Trump.

"Members continue to come over with us," Spicer said. "The number [voting for the AHCA] is going higher and high, not lower and lower, so the trajectory is great. As I mentioned, everybody is out there, going full court press and this is the opportunity for anyone who wants to see this done."
    http://www.businessinsider.com/sean-...umpcare-2017-3

Sure there's a plan b. Just ask Rand.

Jan2017

Of course there is no back up plan B yet . . .
    That was Ryan's strategy - keep it secret then try to ram this unconstitutional insurance cartel mandate down our throats
    with his and Mitch McConnell's "This way or the highway."

https://twitter.com/jwpetersNYT/stat...02309301063681