Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: If RyanCare fails the vote, it may cost him his job

Listening to this on c-span, I'm reminded how much I hate these criminal, lying, greasy $#@!s on both the left and right.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Meeting canceled = done deal?

Or is the victory lap postponed?
    Last edited by milgram; 03-23-2017 at 08:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by EBounding View Post
    10D CHESS

Someone will come along shortly to tell us what "our plan" actually means.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Someone will come along shortly to tell us what "our plan" actually means.
    We have to pass it first, then you can read what is in it.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

If they can get rid of the 10 stipulations that the ACA mandates, I will be pleasantly surprised.
    Last edited by AuH20; 03-23-2017 at 08:58 AM.

Jan2017

And there are other GOP Congressman not a part of House Freedom Caucus - well at least two - that seem "no" votes . . .

Today, Jaime Herrera Beutler released the following statement regarding The American Health Care Act:
    Washington, DC, March 23, 2017
    “I remain steadfast in my commitment to repeal and replace Obamacare with health care solutions that better serve all residents of Southwest Washington. But we can do better than the current House replacement plan, and I cannot support it in its current form.
    And late Wednesday night, Representative Charlie Dent, Republican of Pennsylvania and a leader of a moderate bloc
    of lawmakers known as the Tuesday Group, said that he would oppose the bill.

“I believe this bill, in its current form, will lead to the loss of coverage and make insurance unaffordable for too many Americans,
    particularly for low- to moderate-income and older individuals,” Mr. Dent said.
    He added that he hoped that the House could “step back from this vote and arbitrary deadline to focus on getting health care reform done right.”

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    They will be calling Rand and Justin Amash Democrat shills by tonight
    I'm surprised they haven't already. I'm guessing that Rand being in communication with Trump has helped to prevent some of it. But the rubber meets the road today.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post

I mean, we need to defeat Trump, so if it means throwing the entire liberty movement under the bus, is that what you want?

Of course not. That's what the deep state wants. Stop doing what the deep state wants you to do.

Hey Dannno, turns out RyanCare is a great plan. Oppose the Deep State and call your congressman asking him to support this GREAT plan today and MAGA!

Or you could do what Massie, Rand, and the Deep State want by opposing this GREAT plan.
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    Hey Dannno, turns out RyanCare is a great plan. Oppose the Deep State and call your congressman asking him to support this GREAT plan today and MAGA!

Or you could do what Massie, Rand, and the Deep State want by opposing this GREAT plan.
    LMAO.

Why does it matter what Trump says if it is going to fail anyway?

I already explained why he is giving his tacit support, it's to get Paul Ryan out.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Why does it matter what Trump says if it is going to fail anyway?
    Because he's POTUS and it might not fail due to him throwing his full weight behind it.

I already explained why he is giving his tacit support, it's to get Paul Ryan out.
    And if it passes today what will be your next fairy tale?
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Because he's POTUS and it might not fail due to him throwing his full weight behind it.
    Read. My. Lips.

The bill is going to fail.

Just as sure as Trump won the Presidency.

And if it passes today what will be your next fairy tale?
    I am predicting this bill will either fail today, or some how not be signed into law.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I think it will pass. I think that Ryan will cross party lines and get Pelosi's blessing to allow some moderate Democrats to vote yes.

If it fails and it's viewed as a loss significant enough to eject Ryan from the chair, I will give Trump mad props on his 4D chess skills. (That's me, desperate to believe this will fail.)

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    I think it will pass. I think that Ryan will cross party lines and get Pelosi's blessing to allow some moderate Democrats to vote yes.

If it fails and it's viewed as a loss significant enough to eject Ryan from the chair, I will give Trump mad props on his 4D chess skills. (That's me, desperate to believe this will fail.)
    Yeah, if it fails and Ryan is ejected all credit towards defeating it should definitely go to Trump. /s

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Yeah, if it fails and Ryan is ejected all credit towards defeating it should definitely go to Trump. /s
    No, no, you still don't understand the premise here. Let me explain again so we can have a better understanding of Trump's roll in this.

If Trump didn't support the bill, then the failure would be blamed on Trump and Ryan would not be ejected. Trump would take all the heat. So Trump has to support the bill in order for the failure to fall on Ryan's hands, so that he can be ejected.

Does that make sense?

No, no, you still don't understand the premise here. Let me explain again so we can have a better understanding of Trump's roll in this.

If Trump didn't support the bill, then the failure would be blamed on Trump and Ryan would not be ejected. Trump would take all the heat. So Trump has to support the bill in order for the failure to fall on Ryan's hands, so that he can be ejected.

Does that make sense?
    Wouldn't it have just been easier for him to endorse someone else for speaker?
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Ryan was a perfect candidate for the job of being taken down.

Do you even chess?

Do you even chess?
    Only 2D version
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

https://twitter.com/CSims45/status/844939957416407041

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    + rep to absolutely anyone who has called Congress opposing RyanCare
    Last edited by William Tell; 03-23-2017 at 11:01 AM.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

+ REP to anyone who can find and post a livestream to the house of Reps so I can watch this go down!
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Does that make sense?
    That's exactly what I was thinking. Trump did a yeoman's job of supporting this bill. Both Trump and Pence even went on the road to promote it. If he did all that knowing it would fail and take Ryan down when it did....that's some devious stuff.

Because health care bill aside, I do not think Ryan likes Trump and vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    That's exactly what I was thinking. Trump did a yeoman's job of supporting this bill. Both Trump and Pence even went on the road to promote it. If he did all that knowing it would fail and take Ryan down when it did....that's some devious stuff.

Because health care bill aside, I do not think Ryan likes Trump and vice versa.
    Just Dannno's crazy wishful thinking at play here to reconcile it in his head. It's a typical response to cognitive dissonance.

No, they went to Kentucky to try to apply pressure to Rand through his constituents. It was a play to demonstrate to those reps in vulnerable districts what they could expect.

But don't worry... However this ends up going down, these Trump supporters will find a way to say it is what Trump wanted all along and what a genius he must be.

(I'm still not sure how it'll turn out - I suppose we'll see soon - but I DO know that Trump must be a genius either way!!!)
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Just Dannno's crazy wishful thinking at play here to reconcile it in his head.

I try to avoid the Trump threads because there's just no point. But this particular scenario occurred in my head, not Dannno's.

(I'm still not sure how it'll turn out - I suppose we'll see soon - but I DO know that Trump must be a genius either way!!!)
    The thing about cognitive dissonance is that anyone can experience it. Trump has succeeded in just about every field he's entered. He mastered business, entertainment, and now politics. But some people insist he's a buffoon?
    Last edited by angelatc; 03-23-2017 at 11:32 AM.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

https://twitter.com/RandPaul/status/844960597057966081

So are there people on here who actually think Trump will veto this bill if it passes the House and the Senate?
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast