Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: If RyanCare fails the vote, it may cost him his job

I am saying that no President is going to curtail the welfare state, not Reagan, not Bush, not Trump. Especially a candidate that campaigned on no welfare austerity whatsoever. A candidate that said "Everyone is going to get covered." That is the delusion part. Sen. Paul is completely irrelevant here.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Jan2017

If you lapse for 63 days of insurance coverage, Ryan's plan is more like "SuperObamacare" or "ObamacarePlus" -
    the mandate (penalty) is bigger, but not paid to the US but rather to an insurance monopoly.

Any vote tomorrow Friday should be for removal of the Speaker of the House.

Paul Ryan Replaces Obamacare’s Insurance Penalties with Even Larger Penalties
    Avalere Health reports that the Ryan plan’s insurance penalty eclipses Obamacare’s penalty.

Paul Ryan’s Obamacare-lite plan will replace the individual mandate penalty with a premium surcharge for failing to maintain health insurance coverage over 63 days. Individuals without insurance face a 30 percent surcharge of their monthly premium. The penalty will fill the coffers of the insurance companies instead of the government.
    http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...ger-penalties/
    Last edited by Jan2017; 03-23-2017 at 05:28 PM.

The biggest limiting factor is Senate "moderates" (Collins, Heller, Murkowksi, Capito, Portman, Flake, Cotton). Their biggest hang up is a Medicaid expansion that hits a time limit in 2020 (and Medicaid funding becomes a block grant system), like with the current time limit in AHCA. The House bill is becoming increasing "right-wing" to appeal to the Freedom Caucus, but those moderates are offended more and more in the process.
    Last edited by sumitz1207; 03-23-2017 at 05:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sumitz1207 View Post
    I am saying that no President is going to curtail the welfare state, not Reagan, not Bush, not Trump. Especially a candidate that campaigned on no welfare austerity whatsoever. A candidate that said "Everyone is going to get covered." That is the delusion part. Sen. Paul is completely irrelevant here.
    Sen. Paul is not irrelevant, you obviously haven't been following along and you clearly didn't watch the interview I posted.

Under Rand Paul's plan, everybody is going to be able to get covered too. Anybody can join an association or group that offers insurance, and they won't be turned down for pre-existing conditions.

But the main point is, in the interview I posted the interviewer kept telling Rand that he was against Trump - and Rand kept re-iterating that they were both on the same side. Rand talks to Trump three times a week, one on one. Who do you believe, the media or Rand Paul? That's really what it comes down to. If you believe Rand, and you don't believe the media, then Trump is on our side. That's where I currently stand. If you believe the media, then, well, I feel really sorry for you. Maybe you can have a sleepover with CPUd and zippy. TheCount may spring by for a surprise visit as well.
    Last edited by dannno; 03-23-2017 at 05:34 PM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.

just watchin' and waitin'...

danno, you perfectly described what I was already going to post about.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    If you understand how chess is played, you make your opponent think you are doing one thing so they make a move to counter that plan and then you set a trap by taking a different approach with a whole 'nother plan.
    I don’t see why anyone thinks it’s outlandish to say that Trump may be playing some kind of weird chess game here. This is the same guy who - right after the “grab ‘em by the pussy” video - baited reporters with a press conference, then had a couple of Clinton-rape victims show up to answer questions. Seriously, WHO - anywhere on this planet or any other - was anticipating anything even remotely like that move?! Remember the look on Bill Clinton’s face that night at the debate?

If Ryan doesn’t get his way, it’ll be pretty difficult to think of him as the Republican “leader”.
    Gee, what a shame.

Sen. Paul is not irrelevant, you obviously haven't been following along and you clearly didn't watch the interview I posted.

Under Rand Paul's plan, everybody is going to be able to get covered too. Anybody can join an association or group that offers insurance, and they won't be turned down for pre-existing conditions.

But the main point is, in the interview I posted the interviewer kept telling Rand that he was against Trump - and Rand kept re-iterating that they were both on the same side. Rand talks to Trump three times a week, one on one. Who do you believe, the media or Rand Paul? That's really what it comes down to. If you believe Rand, and you don't believe the media, then Trump is on our side. That's where I currently stand.
    I still believe that Paul is isolated from moderates/centrists like Collins, Hellers, and Capito in the Senate (the true Obamacare swing votes are in the middle, not on the extreme).These people prioritize Medicaid funding first and foremost whereas Paul couldn't care less.

rand is playing politics.. you on the other hand my friend have been cucked by the liberals.

Jan2017

fwiw, CSPAN link is now showing this "GOP stakeout" and maybe the upcoming 8pm procedural vote etc.
    so far with NO need for registering/service provider.

Nothing is happening right now though.
    https://www.c-span.org/video/?425914...lth-care-talks

Quote Originally Posted by Jan2017 View Post

Any vote tomorrow Friday should be for removal of the Speaker of the House.
    Now we are talking!

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Sounds like, whatever happens, we lose a bunch of Republican seats.

I think the only winning move here, is to accept whatever bill is on the table, and spend the next 4 years talking about how great it is.
    Obviously this is satire
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

I wonder why they think they have to replace it with ANYTHING??!!!

Why aren't they talking about repealing Obamacare, and let the market take care of it?
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesiv1 View Post

Why aren't they talking about repealing Obamacare, and let the market take care of it?
    Wha...?

You want FREEDOM?

Don't be silly.
    There is no spoon.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Jan2017

After an "intense" meeting, up or down vote tomorrow it looks like . . . Ryan about to come to podium

Live CSPAN
    https://www.c-span.org/video/?425914...lth-care-talks

Ryan : "Tomorrow we are proceeding"

Live US House on CSPAN
    https://www.c-span.org/video/?425605...are-bill&live=
    Last edited by Jan2017; 03-23-2017 at 06:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesiv1 View Post

Because the rest of federal law as it would exist after Obamacare gets repealed would not allow the market to take care of it.

But the right path isn't repeal and replace, but rather, repeal and then repeal some more.

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    Rand has enough sense to know if he calls it Trumpcare, they won't let him post articles on Breitbart.
    Indeed, it's Trumpcare. It's his plan, funny how Trumpsters want to put it on Ryan now. Here's your "repeal and replace" courtesy of The Orange One. Enjoy Obamacare light! 4D chess indeed.

Last edited by rpfocus; 03-23-2017 at 06:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    When did Rand say that?
    Rand's been repeating his conversations with Trump for the better part of about a month now. He's constantly being asked this in interviews. At first Trump called Rand about twice in the span of about 1-2 weeks and then according to Rand, it turned into 2-3 times a week.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare...amacare-repeal

President Trump warned House Republicans on Thursday that he will leave ObamaCare in place unless they approve legislation to repeal and replace it.

Trump officials meeting with the House GOP conference said Trump is done negotiating over the legislation, which was set to come up for a vote Thursday but was delayed.

Budget Director Mick Mulvaney, a former member of the House Freedom Caucus that has been negotiating with Trump, told the GOP conference that Trump wants a vote on Friday during a dramatic closed-door meeting, according to a GOP source in the room.

If the vote fails, Trump will move on to other priorities and ObamaCare will stay as the law of the land, Mulvaney said.
    So it's trumpCare or nothing. Never was RyanCare. This is the one trump wants. Mulvaney has to be asking himself why he was stupid enough to take this job.
    Partisan politics, misleading or emotional bill titles, and 4D chess theories are manifestations of the same lie—that the text of the Constitution, the text of legislation, and plain facts do not matter; what matters is what you want to believe. From this comes hypocrisy. And where hypocrisy thrives, virtue recedes. Without virtue, liberty dies. - Justin Amash, March 2018

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    And BOOM, Ryan is out. I might have to change my thoughts on Trump since he engineered this. Wow. Did. Not. See this coming.
    Would be even more interesting (but not likely) if Rand and Trump tag teamed on this one. Good cop bad cop....
    THE SQUAD of RPF

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    Because the rest of federal law as it would exist after Obamacare gets repealed would not allow the market to take care of it.

But the right path isn't repeal and replace, but rather, repeal and then repeal some more.
    I agree. I'd be real happy with just a repeal. Then all the Republicans can talk and form a plan like the one they should have had ready after the ACA was passed.

Quote Originally Posted by undergroundrr View Post
    http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare...amacare-repeal

So it's trumpCare or nothing. Never was RyanCare. This is the one trump wants. Mulvaney has to be asking himself why he was stupid enough to take this job.
    I believe it would be an underestimation of Trump/Bannon to assume they didn't know Ryan's plan will ultimately be another failure.
    THE SQUAD of RPF

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/325568-trump-tells-gop-to-take-it-or-leave-it-on-obamacare-repeal

President Trump warned House Republicans on Thursday that he will leave ObamaCare in place unless they approve legislation to repeal and replace it.

Trump officials meeting with the House GOP conference said Trump is done negotiating over the legislation, which was set to come up for a vote Thursday but was delayed.

Budget Director Mick Mulvaney, a former member of the House Freedom Caucus that has been negotiating with Trump, told the GOP conference that Trump wants a vote on Friday during a dramatic closed-door meeting, according to a GOP source in the room.

If the vote fails, Trump will move on to other priorities and ObamaCare will stay as the law of the land, Mulvaney said.

This is just plain stupid. Congress can send any bill they want to Dump and then he will have to sign or veto it.

Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post
    Would be even more interesting (but not likely) if Rand and Trump tag teamed on this one. Good cop bad cop....
    My post was sarcasm. Mea Culpa for not /s'ing

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    This is just plain stupid. Congress can send any bill they want to Dump and then he will have to sign or veto it.
    Absolutely. Mulvaney knows that too. I have to assume it's what trump told him to say, but we may never know. Mulvaney was once a serious fiscal conservative. This is sad to see.
    Partisan politics, misleading or emotional bill titles, and 4D chess theories are manifestations of the same lie—that the text of the Constitution, the text of legislation, and plain facts do not matter; what matters is what you want to believe. From this comes hypocrisy. And where hypocrisy thrives, virtue recedes. Without virtue, liberty dies. - Justin Amash, March 2018

Jan2017

Not how I read/watched it . . . Trump wants the vote now for Ryan's plan - he is done negotiating for Ryan.
    It seems they know it's going down, and Ryan is reluctant to have the vote at all.
    Within the first 100 days Trump/Rand will have Ryan gone as Speaker.

Not how I read/watched it . . . Trump wants the vote now for Ryan's plan - he is done negotiating for Ryan.
    It seems they know it's going down, and Ryan is reluctant to have the vote at all.
    From your mouth to GOD's ear.

Sig worthy.

@TheCount, you may want to add this to the list.

Rand is Art of the Dealing the conservatives into having the strongest leverage they've had in my life. Stick together, freedom caucus!
    The bigger government gets, the smaller I wish it was.
    My new motto: More Love, Less Laws

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    $#@! $#@! $#@! $#@! NO!!!!

It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    $#@! $#@! $#@! $#@! NO!!!!

I bet you the unnamed representative is a yes vote, and is trying to bluff out a stampede of last second yes votes. People want cover, either for or against.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast