Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Judge Nap: Did Obama Spy on Trump?

Y'all saw this gem, right?
    http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-0...urveillance-du

"Incidental surveillance" of trump and transition team, November through January

It appears Trump may have been right, again.

Two days after FBI director Comey shot down Trump's allegation that Trump was being wiretapped by president Obama before the election, it appears that president Trump may have been on to something because moments ago, the House Intelligence Chairman, Devin Nunes, told reporters that the U.S. intelligence community incidentally collected information on members of President Trump's transition team, possibly including Trump himself, and the information was "widely disseminated" in intelligence reports.

As AP adds, Nunes said that President Donald Trump's communications may have been "monitored" during the transition period as part of an "incidental collection."

Nunes told a news conference Wednesday that the communications appear to be picked up through "incidental collection" and do not appear to be related to the ongoing FBI investigation into Trump associates' contacts with Russia. He says he believes the intelligence collections were done legally, although in light of the dramatic change in the plotline it may be prudent to reserve judgment on how "incidental" it was.

"I recently confirmed that on numerous occasions, the intelligence community collected information on U.S. individuals involved in the Trump transition," Nunes told reporters.

"Details about U.S. persons involved in the incoming administration with little or no apparent foreign intelligence value were widely disseminated in intelligence community reports."

The information was "legally brought to him by sources who thought we should know it," Nunes said, though he provided little detail on the source.

BREAKING!!! Rep Devin Nunes (Intel Cmte Chmn):
    There was "Incidental collection" of @realDonaldTrump thru IC surveillance <- BOMBSHELL
    — Eric Bolling (@ericbolling) March 22, 2017
    Nunes also said that "additional names" of Trump transition officials had been unmasked in the intelligence reports. He indicated that Trump's communications may have been swept up.

The House Intel Chair said he had viewed dozens of documents showing that the information had been incidentally collected. He said that he believes the information was legally collected. Nunes said that the intelligence has nothing to do with Russia and that the collection occurred after the presidential election.

Nunes said he briefed House Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) on the revelation and will inform the White House later today. Nunes' statement comes after he and other congressional leaders pushed back on Trump's claims that former President Obama had his "wires tapped" in Trump Tower ahead of the election.

Nunes said Wednesday that it was unclear whether the information incidentally collected originated in Trump Tower.

The revelation comes in the wake of the committee's explosive hearing on Monday, at which FBI Director James Comey confirmed that the bureau has been investigating Russia’s election hacking since July, which includes probing possible coordination between members of Trump’s presidential campaign and Moscow.

The meeting represented the panel’s first open hearing on its investigation into Russia’s election meddling and also featured testimony from NSA Director Adm. Mike Rogers.

Nunes says the communications of Trump associates were also picked up, but he did not name those associates. He says the monitoring mostly occurred in November, December and January. He added that he learned of the collection through "sources" but did not specify those source

Politico adds that Nunes is going to the White House later Wednesday to brief the Trump administration on what he has learned, which he said came from "sources."

Nunes says he is "bothered" by this. Won't say whether or not intel community spied on Trump et. al. But says he is "concerned."
    — David Corn (@DavidCornDC) March 22, 2017
    While there are no further details, we look forward to how the media narrative will change as a result of today's latest dramatic development.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by ghengis86 View Post
    "Incidental surveillance" of trump and transition team, November through January

It appears Trump may have been right, again.
    This says the opposite of what Trump claimed. If it's true, then it proves him wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Ya, you should go right up on the front lines with the deep state and fight Trump. That's a great idea...
    The deep state isn't fighting trump anymore than it did Obama.
    Partisan politics, misleading or emotional bill titles, and 4D chess theories are manifestations of the same lie—that the text of the Constitution, the text of legislation, and plain facts do not matter; what matters is what you want to believe. From this comes hypocrisy. And where hypocrisy thrives, virtue recedes. Without virtue, liberty dies. - Justin Amash, March 2018

Quote Originally Posted by undergroundrr View Post
    The deep state isn't fighting trump anymore than it did Obama.
    LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
    +
    'These things I command you, that you love one another.' - Jesus Christ

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    I don't take anything from the mainstream media seriously. They can spin yarn, create narratives and make up crap all day long. People like you and CPUd just assume they are telling the truth.
    My skepticism of the MSM is my top indicator that trump is no threat to the status quo.
    Partisan politics, misleading or emotional bill titles, and 4D chess theories are manifestations of the same lie—that the text of the Constitution, the text of legislation, and plain facts do not matter; what matters is what you want to believe. From this comes hypocrisy. And where hypocrisy thrives, virtue recedes. Without virtue, liberty dies. - Justin Amash, March 2018

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

https://twitter.com/CHueyBurns/statu...56068416491520
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    As long as trump continues to empower the state (the "deep state" obsession is taking everybody's eye off the ball) he gets a pass on NOTHING from where I sit.
    He has moved against the state numerous times, from backing out of TPP, to cutting UN funding, to signing EOs that direct the state to default to a position of the citizen being right first, to repealing regulations ranging from environmental to the educating of teachers.

One the whole, I'm pretty impressed, actually, in what he has done and claims to want to do moving forward, and who he has appointed to run/reign in the out of control regulatory state, especially EPA.

His hairstyle, his communication conduits and his grammar are the only things that have bothered anybody. There's been no system shake-up, just a run-of-the-mill, typically contentious, transfer from a D POTUS to an R POTUS. The MSM is selling everybody a line that it's topsy-turvy chaos in our government and Anti Federalist of all people is buying it. Wake up!
    See, here is where I get confused:

To listen to the hysterical, autistic screeching from the left, and from some on "our" side, Trump is the worst authoritarian fascist to ever come down the pike, a direct philosophical descendent of Adolf himself, and any day now, at his direction, squads of brownshirts will be fanning out and rounding people up for the ovens.

Keeping in mind that the real brownshirts will be wearing blue, and the system by which to do all that has already been set up, and not by Trump. This is my most problematic issue with him, his devotion to "law and order"...hopefully this has been shaken by the realization that Ed Snowden has been right all long, and the whole nation IS under surveillance.

Then you come along and say it's all smoke and mirrors, nothing is changing, it's "all meet the new boss same as the old boss", which very well may be the case, but the fact of the matter is it cannot be both.

I frankly, would have expected the exact same reaction from the establishment and the government press had Ron Paul actually won.

And I would have expected some of the same initiatives from him as well.

Your mileage may vary of course, but as for me, I already shot my mouth about this prior to the election, I cast my vote for Ron Paul and was shown to be as wrong as possibly could be in prognosticating what was happening in the larger arena.

So, as I've said a million times already, because of being so spectacularly wrong at the outset of all this, I am committed to looking as objectively as I possibly can at what he is doing rather than all the $#@! flinging coming from all directions.

And so far I'd say it's a solid B.

If that's being asleep or selling out, well, so be it I guess.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 03-22-2017 at 09:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    He has moved against the state numerous times, from backing out of TPP, to cutting UN funding, to signing EOs that direct the state to default to a position of the citizen being right first, to repealing regulations ranging from environmental to the educating of teachers.

One the whole, I'm pretty impressed, actually, in what he has done and claims to want to do moving forward, and who he has appointed to run/reign in the out of control regulatory state, especially EPA.

To listen to the hysterical, autistic screeching from the left, and from some on "our" side, Trump is the worst authoritarian fascist to ever come down the pike, a direct philosophical descendent of Adolf himself, and any day now, at his direction, squads of brownshirts will be fanning out and rounding people up for the ovens.

Keeping in mind that the real brownshirts will be wearing blue, and the system by which to do all that has already been set up, and not by Trump. This is my most problematic issue with him, his devotion to "law and order"...hopefully this has been shaken by the realization that Ed Snowden has been right all long, and the whole nation IS under surveillance.

Then you come along and say it's all smoke and mirrors, nothing is changing, it's "all meet the new boss same as the old boss", which very well may be the case, but the fact of the matter is it cannot be both.

I frankly, would have expected the exact same reaction from the establishment and the government press had Ron Paul actually won.

Your mileage may vary of course, but as for me, I already shot my mouth about this prior to the election, I cast my vote for Ron Paul and was shown to be as wrong as possibly could be in prognosticating what was happening in the larger arena.

So, as I've said a million times already, because of being so spectacularly wrong at the outset of all this, I am committed to looking as objectively as I possibly can at what he is doing rather than all the $#@! flinging coming from all directions.

Best post I have read in a long time. Thank you.

You do not sound to be asleep or to be selling out. You actually sound quite awake and making perfect common sense.
    +

Where you think that money is going, that he is wanting to cut from other departments?

“I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    Where you think that money is going, that he is wanting to cut from other departments?
    Yes, I am well aware of that, and this is my other major issue with him: foreign intervention and military buildup.

He's utterly wrong in that course of action, and in pandering to the "law and order" crowd.

So, I oppose those things, which is the only thing my otherwise utterly worthless federal representation is good for.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

Banned

Blog Entries
    MSM is starting to admit, there is a slight, eency meency, tiny little possibility Truump is right, and Obama did order intelligence on him.
    To listen to them shamble and admit it, means they aren't quite sure yet if Nunes has actual documents.

The media still buys into the whole Russia facade, because they aren't journalists, they are script reading actors. But the deep state knows it is a ruse and smear campaign, because they are the ones running it, knowing now full well they were mis-led by someone, who promised to mislead them. They thought their surveillance would turn up thousands and thousands of points of irrefutable proof Putin planted Trump. That is how delusional they were. When the evidence came up less a fart in the wind and piss on the hookers, they realized they had been had, and outed themselves.
    That is also why they know many leaks, such as vault7, were leaked by insiders.
    Which means they know someone, somewhere could have indeed handed Nunes actual, physical FISA papers, as well as a host of other hard copy documents.

Friday, Nunes says he will provide proof. Trump may very well choose Monday to do the same.
    BTW, The President is the only office that may reveal any classified document to the public, at his leisure.

Note I said president, not former president working to tear down trump on behalf of the Deep State. Former Presidents are civilians, and have no right to reveal classified documents.
    Last edited by UWDude; 03-22-2017 at 10:34 PM.

Banned

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Ron Paul brings all those into question if you ever happen to watch his forum- most the complainers here don't. He never accuses but does bring forth possibilities.

@Zippyjuan always posts different POVs; @CPUd just posts news; @TheCount is just plain sarcasm. No likee? Put 'em on ignore, but the name-calling because someone doesn't love Trump, has got to stop.
    You gonna stop calling people Trumpeteers and Trumpslurpers?

Quote Originally Posted by UWDude View Post
    You gonna stop calling people Trumpeteers and Trumpslurpers?
    Have never used the word Trumpslurper in my life- and as a musician, Trumpeteers is actually a good word.
    There is no spoon.

Banned

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Not quite, you see the problem here is that everybody knows that the NSA spies on everybody.
    Apparently the media doesn't know. They are writing it is impossible.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Banned

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Trumpeteers is actually a good word.
    u huh. sure.

u huh. sure.
    There is no spoon.

Banned

Blog Entries
    Ender, please. You call for civility, and in the same breath claim it is Trump supporters causing the uncivility.

You are not a fair and impartial judge, nor are you "the mature one" here. You are just playing games to try and advance your own personal agenda and belief system.

Your schtick is old and tired. It is 2017. The internet has been around for 20 years now. Most people see through your schtick.

If you were calling for civility, without blaming Trump for making the environment toxic, I might entertain your sincerity. But I've seen your schlock here long enough to know your sincerity is somewhat uncredible. I'll refer again to when you were trying to claim that you had the inside info on trumps sexual assault accuser (where are those brave justice seekers, anyway?), and telling us the reason we didn't believe them is because sexual assault did not affect us personally in our pesonal lives, but it had yours, so you were the authority on the matter, and you were sure they were telling the truth.

It was just more troll dung. You aren't special. You aren't impartial. You aren't logical. You are just another person on the internet, trying to get his views across, usiong whatever means you can.

Ender, please. You call for civility, and in the same breath claim it is Trump supporters causing the uncivility.

You are not a fair and impartial judge, nor are you "the mature one" here. You are just playing games to try and advance your own personal agenda and belief system.

Your schtick is old and tired. It is 2017. The internet has been around for 20 years now. Most people see through your schtick.

If you were calling for civility, without blaming Trump for making the environment toxic, I might entertain your sincerity. But I've seen your schlock here long enough to know your sincerity is somewhat uncredible. I'll refer again to when you were trying to claim that you had the inside info on trumps sexual assault accuser (where are those brave justice seekers, anyway?), and telling us the reason we didn't believe them is because sexual assault did not affect us personally in our pesonal lives, but it had yours, so you were the authority on the matter, and you were sure they were telling the truth.

It was just more troll dung. You aren't special. You aren't impartial. You aren't logical. You are just another person on the internet, trying to get his views across, usiong whatever means you can.
    Whatever.

You call me names & accuse me of $#@! & then do it again when I am just trying to make things light.

My only agenda is freedom.

And I never said I had any "inside" info on Trump's sexual foolery- just the experience of an abused loved one.
    There is no spoon.

LOL. Biggest pushover of a school teacher ever. Here's your student's latest assignment to grade -

Reports: US Airstrikes Killed 230 Civilians in Mosul Overnight
    Over 130 Civilians Killed in Attack on a Single Building in Western Mosul
    by Jason Ditz, March 23, 2017
    Print This | Share This
    As the US airstrikes in the Iraqi city of Mosul are increasingly concentrated around densely populated neighborhoods in the city’s west, the death toll from those airstrikes in spiraling rapidly out of control, with the most recent figures out of the area suggesting around 230 civilians were killed overnight in US and coalition strikes in just a single neighborhood.

That’s an enormous toll, of course, but is reported from several sources telling largely the same story, including that a single US airstrike against a large building full of civilians in Mosul killed over 130 people, while the other 100 or so were killed in the surrounding area.

Central Command said that they were “aware of the loss of life” and were carrying out “further investigation,” while insisting that all of their strikes against Mosul overnight “comply with the Law of Armed Conflict.” Centcom’s official report for the overnight strikes claimed they’d hit “11 fighting positions” and didn’t mention killing hundreds of civilians.

Britain’s Daily Telegraph reported that the civilian death toll was mostly women and children, saying that the bulk of the bodies were pulled from just three adjoining residences in the Jadida neighborhood. They speculated the civilians were “human shields” for ISIS snipers in the area.

That would be an awful lot of human shields, of course, and there wouldn’t be much point of stashing them inside buildings where the US forces clearly either didn’t know where they were or didn’t feel it amounted to a deterrent to bombing those buildings anyhow.

If the toll is ultimately confirmed by Centcom, which is a huge “if” given how often well documented incidents never end up on their official reports, it would roughly double the number of civilians the US has admitted to killing in Iraq and Syria over the ISIS war. NGOs have suggested the US strikes have killed well over 2,000 civilians already, and that’s not including last night’s massive toll.
    How do you grade that?

Here's mine: F

No, F-

No, kick him out of the school.

trump sucks. He is an F student in everything about government. He's also a lying murderer, like Bush, like Kissinger, like Obama.

There's no changing the mind of trumpies, but if you're "on the fence" WAKE UP!!!!!

LOL. Biggest pushover of a school teacher ever. Here's your student's latest assignment to grade -

How do you grade that?

No, F-

trump sucks. He is an F student in everything about government. He's also a lying murderer, like Bush, like Kissinger, like Obama.

There's no changing the mind of trumpies, but if you're "on the fence" WAKE UP!!!!!
    Would you rather have Hillary?
    +

Quote Originally Posted by TER View Post
    Trump gets an F on one assignment and gets kicked out of Undergeroundrr's pathetic school of elite hacks like Hillary, Obama, McCain, Bush and Romney, when he is going to totally school them in 5 other areas.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

I.
    don't.
    have.
    a.
    preference.

It's quite possible though that under Hillary we wouldn't have such a massive immediate increase in droning, an initiative to increase military spending to record levels and boots on the ground in Syria quite so lickity-split.

But.. but... but... If Hillary was POTUS, SJW's would be HAPPY!

The Hillary Is Worse argument is old, tired, and no longer convincing given trump's actual actions. trump is a demonstrated remorseless warmonger. RPF is obsessed with White House soap operas and turning a blind eye as he murders, murders, murders hundreds, soon to be thousands of God's innocent children.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I.
    don't.
    have.
    a.
    preference.

It's quite possible though that under Hillary we wouldn't have such a massive immediate increase in droning, an initiative to increase military spending to record levels and boots on the ground in Syria quite so lickity-split.

But.. but... but... If Hillary was POTUS, SJW's would be HAPPY!

The Hillary Is Worse argument is old, tired, and no longer convincing given trump's actual actions. trump is a demonstrated remorseless warmonger. RPF is obsessed with White House soap operas and turning a blind eye as he murders, murders, murders hundreds, soon to be thousands of God's innocent children.
    Oh please, no one here supports the droning or killing of innocent life, so spare me the drama.

People here are critical of Trump for his errors.

You don't like the "Hillary is worse argument"? Well that's too bad. The reality (as far as I can see it), is that things would be MUCH worse if she was in control (unless, of course, if you a transgender illegal immigrant). There would be more innocent killings, more corruption, more taxes, more eroding of our liberties and our security, and more progression into an immoral degenerate society.

You don't like the "Hillary is worse" argument because you know it to be right. And if you don't think it is right, and you think Hillary would be preferable than Trump, than I don't know what to say.
    Last edited by TER; 03-23-2017 at 12:57 PM.
    +

My preference is President Paul.

How do you grade that?

No, F-

Yeah, I agree, F- on that issue.

I already said that, and I've already passed my "purity" test, I voted for Ron Paul, and posted pics of my 2016 ballot.

So, here we are.

Objectively, this course of action is wrong, more of the same that has been ongoing since the end of WW2.

Objectively, there has been progress on many other fronts that have, or will if fully realized, vastly increase individual freedom in the US.

So, for me, the best option is to continue to take each issue one by one, work with what I have and see what happens next.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    My preference is President Paul.
    Of course. That is everyone's preference. And if it was Paul versus Trump, we know how this community here would be.

But the facts are that Paul is not President, Trump is, and we should be thanking God that he won and not Hillary.

Are things great now? No, there are still major problems everywhere. But we can and should appreciate and enjoy the little wins, even if they are not the great wins we hope for in our dreams.
    +

Yeah, I agree, F- on that issue.

I already said that, and I've already passed my "purity" test, I voted for Ron Paul, and posted pics of my 2016 ballot.

So, here we are.

Objectively, this course of action is wrong, more of the same that has been ongoing since the end of WW2.

Objectively, there has been progress on many other fronts that have, or will if fully realized, vastly increase individual freedom in the US.

So, for me, the best option is to continue to take each issue one by one, work with what I have and see what happens next.
    A sensible approach.

Oh please, no one here supports the droning or killing of innocent life
    They ought to start proving it.

People here are critical of Trump for his errors.
    Yes, they go by CPUd, Zippyjuan and TheCount. They're ferociously opposed for it.

unless, of course, if you a transgender illegal immigrant
    Once again demonstrating murder and the suffering of children aren't particularly strong in your political priorities. As long as the illegals and gays get theirs, drone away. Sick.

If you're not too busy later, try to summon up the face of one of those Mosul children in your head. 230 civilians were killed. Who knows how many are in searing pain, in extremis from injuries that would scar your psyche to see. You might even consider including and their families in prayers.

If you want to be spared the drama, put me on ignore.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast