Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 38

Thread: Limbaugh's Valid Question

  1. #1

    Default Limbaugh's Valid Question

    Today Limbaugh brought up a very sound point relating to the various shriekings by the "left" regarding the allegations of election hacking by Russia: if the hacking happened, then where is the evidence? By now, the lefties would have had it in hand, screaming so the Martians would hear their cacophanous haranguing. But there is nothing.

    He related that when asked for evidence, Limbaugh reported that Comey refused, citing "ongoing investigations". Limbaugh then asked the very astute question about the nature of the hack. If the election was hacked, what was the general nature of the attack? Vote flipping? Something else? It is not only a key and valid question, it is one that could be answered without compromising any possible investigation.

    A body is found and the death is reported as a murder. On what basis is murder asserted? The evidence could be reported in general terms without giving away anything essential about it. Were there gunshot wounds? Evidence of blunt force? Knife wounds? That much could usually be stated, and most often is, without compromising ongoing investigations. The same could be said about the allegations of Russian interference in the most recent presidential election. Doing so would boost the nearly non-existent credibility of both Comey and his FBI. And yet, the hold their otherwise copious noisemaking. This suggests to me not that they are the intrepid, honorable, and capable investigators seeking the truth for the benefit of "the people", but a raft of transparently biased hacks who are using the prerogatives concomitant with their positions for the purposes of advancing an agenda the agency from which the agency is supposed to be wholly separated. To my eyes, the only thing Comey is succeeding at is to make himself look like a rank criminal, not even rising to the standard and status of a lowly and vile street criminal.

    The question in my mind is, why? Why is he seeming so transparently corrupt? Someone must have him by the spheres. Or perhaps he is just another cheap and artlessly corrupt political hack, so confident of his ability to waggle his thing in the face of America with impunity that he simply stooges on no matter what "we" think, say, or want.

    One can but wonder about the truth behind all this.
    "And thus I clothe my naked villany with old odd ends, stolen out of holy writ; and seem a saint when most I play a devil." -Shakespeare

    “We know that concessions of privileges are but titles of servitude.”

    "Giving alms to common beggars is naturally praised; because it seems
    to carry relief to the distressed and indigent: but when we observe the encouragement thence arising to idleness and debauchery, we regard that species of charity rather as a weakness than a virtue." -Hume



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #2

    Default

    Comey is closely tied to the Clinton machine.

    And when you cross them, you're liable to wind up dead.

  4. #3

    Default

    Rand has talked about it a few times- when these intel guys come to committee, you have to ask them very specific questions that are not always directed to what you are wanting to find out.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

  5. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    Today Limbaugh brought up a very sound point relating to the various shriekings by the "left" regarding the allegations of election hacking by Russia: if the hacking happened, then where is the evidence? By now, the lefties would have had it in hand, screaming so the Martians would hear their cacophanous haranguing. But there is nothing.

    He related that when asked for evidence, Limbaugh reported that Comey refused, citing "ongoing investigations". Limbaugh then asked the very astute question about the nature of the hack. If the election was hacked, what was the general nature of the attack? Vote flipping? Something else? It is not only a key and valid question, it is one that could be answered without compromising any possible investigation.

    A body is found and the death is reported as a murder. On what basis is murder asserted? The evidence could be reported in general terms without giving away anything essential about it. Were there gunshot wounds? Evidence of blunt force? Knife wounds? That much could usually be stated, and most often is, without compromising ongoing investigations. The same could be said about the allegations of Russian interference in the most recent presidential election. Doing so would boost the nearly non-existent credibility of both Comey and his FBI. And yet, the hold their otherwise copious noisemaking. This suggests to me not that they are the intrepid, honorable, and capable investigators seeking the truth for the benefit of "the people", but a raft of transparently biased hacks who are using the prerogatives concomitant with their positions for the purposes of advancing an agenda the agency from which the agency is supposed to be wholly separated. To my eyes, the only thing Comey is succeeding at is to make himself look like a rank criminal, not even rising to the standard and status of a lowly and vile street criminal.

    The question in my mind is, why? Why is he seeming so transparently corrupt? Someone must have him by the spheres. Or perhaps he is just another cheap and artlessly corrupt political hack, so confident of his ability to waggle his thing in the face of America with impunity that he simply stooges on no matter what "we" think, say, or want.

    One can but wonder about the truth behind all this.
    My red flag went up the moment you said Limbaugh "brought up a good point". I immediately checked the skies to see if there was a blue moon and when I didn't see one, I decided to dissect what he said.

    The problem with his line of thinking is that he doesn't actually know what the argument is or he is just trying to build a strawman which he can then easily burn down to make himself look smart. You see, when the democrats say the Russians hacked the elections, they are primarily talking about the hack of the DNC emails, nobody is saying that they hacked the voting machines. For the website, the CIA/FBI said that it was hacked using a well known Russian govt hacking program. Why the Russians would use a well known Russian hacking program to hack into the DNC. or how they came to the idea that hacking the DNC would somehow help Trump is a much better question to ask.

    For the evidence, we just kinda have to take their word for it cos its not like anyone here can tell the difference between the so called evidence and the 1 and 0 code from the matrix.

    This is Limbaugh at his best, pretending to be smart by asking questions that can be answered with google search engine. In conclusion, the hack in question is the hack of the DNC, the evidence is probably a bunch of codes non programmer people like Limbaugh cannot understand and the man is not astute.
    Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling…makes no difference. The degree is arbitrary. The definition’s blurred. If I’m to choose between one evil and another, I’d rather not choose at all. Geralt of Rivia

    You can maintain power over people, as long as you give them something. Rob a man of everything, and that man will no longer be in your power. Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Trust principles; not people.

  6. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    My red flag went up the moment you said Limbaugh "brought up a good point". I immediately checked the skies to see if there was a blue moon and when I didn't see one, I decided to dissect what he said.

    The problem with his line of thinking is that he doesn't actually know what the argument is or he is just trying to build a strawman which he can then easily burn down to make himself look smart. You see, when the democrats say the Russians hacked the elections, they are primarily talking about the hack of the DNC emails, nobody is saying that they hacked the voting machines. For the website, the CIA/FBI said that it was hacked using a well known Russian govt hacking program. Why the Russians would use a well known Russian hacking program to hack into the DNC. or how they came to the idea that hacking the DNC would somehow help Trump is a much better question to ask.

    For the evidence, we just kinda have to take their word for it cos its not like anyone here can tell the difference between the so called evidence and the 1 and 0 code from the matrix.

    This is Limbaugh at his best, pretending to be smart by asking questions that can be answered with google search engine. In conclusion, the hack in question is the hack of the DNC, the evidence is probably a bunch of codes non programmer people like Limbaugh cannot understand and the man is not astute.
    Right. But there's a question behind the question. Is a hack that shows the democrats cheated Bernie Sanders out of the primary really a hack of the general election? Why should a hack that exposes illegal activities itself be illegal? Is this the rare case where two wrongs actually do make a right? Every time I hear honest democrats get incensed about the so called Russian hack of the election and I bring up "But was what Hillary and her allies did to Bernie Sanders okay" they typically lower their voices and say "Well you have a point there."
    9/11 Thermate experiments

    Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

    "I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

    "We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

    "It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

  7. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    My red flag went up the moment you said Limbaugh "brought up a good point". I immediately checked the skies to see if there was a blue moon and when I didn't see one, I decided to dissect what he said.

    The problem with his line of thinking is that he doesn't actually know what the argument is or he is just trying to build a strawman which he can then easily burn down to make himself look smart. You see, when the democrats say the Russians hacked the elections, they are primarily talking about the hack of the DNC emails, nobody is saying that they hacked the voting machines. For the website, the CIA/FBI said that it was hacked using a well known Russian govt hacking program. Why the Russians would use a well known Russian hacking program to hack into the DNC. or how they came to the idea that hacking the DNC would somehow help Trump is a much better question to ask.

    For the evidence, we just kinda have to take their word for it cos its not like anyone here can tell the difference between the so called evidence and the 1 and 0 code from the matrix.

    This is Limbaugh at his best, pretending to be smart by asking questions that can be answered with google search engine. In conclusion, the hack in question is the hack of the DNC, the evidence is probably a bunch of codes non programmer people like Limbaugh cannot understand and the man is not astute.
    Huh... I would not have given him so much credit for oblique strategies.

    Are you certain of this? Not saying you're wrong, just wondering how sure you are. I am generally not that good at the personality analysis thing. Limbaugh surprised me with the seeming sobriety of what he said, as well as how. Now you toss a wrench in it, exposing my possible inadequate skepticism. Perhaps I may excuse myself due to the shock and attendant cognitive dissonance at hearing what I thought was rational, sober speak by Mr. Limbaugh.

    But seriously, because I do not listen to such people, save on rarest occasions, I am not familiar with their common modes and, perhaps, tricks. I, therefore, often suck at judging their sincerity, honesty, and capacities.
    "And thus I clothe my naked villany with old odd ends, stolen out of holy writ; and seem a saint when most I play a devil." -Shakespeare

    “We know that concessions of privileges are but titles of servitude.”

    "Giving alms to common beggars is naturally praised; because it seems
    to carry relief to the distressed and indigent: but when we observe the encouragement thence arising to idleness and debauchery, we regard that species of charity rather as a weakness than a virtue." -Hume

  8. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    Huh... I would not have given him so much credit for oblique strategies.

    Are you certain of this? Not saying you're wrong, just wondering how sure you are. I am generally not that good at the personality analysis thing. Limbaugh surprised me with the seeming sobriety of what he said, as well as how. Now you toss a wrench in it, exposing my possible inadequate skepticism. Perhaps I may excuse myself due to the shock and attendant cognitive dissonance at hearing what I thought was rational, sober speak by Mr. Limbaugh.

    But seriously, because I do not listen to such people, save on rarest occasions, I am not familiar with their common modes and, perhaps, tricks. I, therefore, often suck at judging their sincerity, honesty, and capacities.
    Again, I haven't seen the evidence that showed that the program used for the DNC hack was similar to the program Russian govt uses but I have read articles from people opposed to the FBI/CIA story and they don't even argue against this evidence. Their point is that anyone could have used the program and that it is not exclusive to the Russian govt.

    But again, Limbaugh is missing the point of contention. Regardless of the word choice, the democrats are not actually saying that the Russians rigged the voting boxes when they say "the Russians rigged the election". What they are saying is that they hacked the DNC website and together with Russia today (which nobody not a news junkie watches) and outfits like wikileaks put on a disinformation campaign that then fooled the American people into voting for Trump. This is where all the fake news meme originated.

    For Limbaugh, I have listened to him long enough to know that his intentions are bad. The few times I agree with him our rationales for coming to the same conclusion was always different. The man is a controlled and compromised opposition.
    Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling…makes no difference. The degree is arbitrary. The definition’s blurred. If I’m to choose between one evil and another, I’d rather not choose at all. Geralt of Rivia

    You can maintain power over people, as long as you give them something. Rob a man of everything, and that man will no longer be in your power. Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Trust principles; not people.

  9. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    Rand has talked about it a few times- when these intel guys come to committee, you have to ask them very specific questions that are not always directed to what you are wanting to find out.
    That is because they have no intention of talking about anything in detail they do not wish to . Quite frankly the mouthpeice himself no matter how high up does not even know exactly what is going on in the field at various stations .
    Support CalExit .

  10. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    That is because they have no intention of talking about anything in detail they do not wish to . Quite frankly the mouthpeice himself no matter how high up does not even know exactly what is going on in the field at various stations .
    Sometimes they go for the "least untruthful" answer.

    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

  11. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    But again, Limbaugh is missing the point of contention. Regardless of the word choice, the democrats are not actually saying that the Russians rigged the voting boxes when they say "the Russians rigged the election". What they are saying is that they hacked the DNC website and together with Russia today (which nobody not a news junkie watches) and outfits like wikileaks put on a disinformation campaign that then fooled the American people into voting for Trump. This is where all the fake news meme originated.
    But that's just it. It wasn't disinformation. Nobody has tried to claim that anything put out from Wikileaks or RT regarding the shenanigans of Hillary et all aren't true. Donna Brazille fed debate questions to Hillary. Debbie Wasserman Shultz did all she could to swing everything to Hillary. What am I missing?
    9/11 Thermate experiments

    Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

    "I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

    "We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

    "It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

  12. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    What am I missing?
    ...ruse limbaugh is a propagandist working to promote the stinking republican party inc...always has...

    ...republican party inc. radio $ale$men use any method available to them to promote the stinking rotten bank$ter-owned republican party inc...and/or to demote the stinking rotten bank$ter-owned democrat party inc..OR TO SHIFT THE FOCUS AWAY FROM GUILTY/CORRUPT ORANGE TEAM-MATE$...

    ...the loud, peckerhead limbaugh has had a major microphone for close to thirty years...and still the republican-cheerleading fool has NEVER, to my knowledge, uttered an honest intelligent sentence as to the monetary fraud under which we are en$laved, abu$ed, etc..

    ...imagine what an honest, intelligent monetary realist [who took HONEST phone calls from participants/listeners] could've done with the thousands of hours filled by limbaugh's absolute monetary ignorance, all-around peckerheadedness...

  13. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by H. E. Panqui View Post
    ...ruse limbaugh is a propagandist working to promote the stinking republican party inc...always has...

    ...republican party inc. radio $ale$men use any method available to them to promote the stinking rotten bank$ter-owned republican party inc...and/or to demote the stinking rotten bank$ter-owned democrat party inc..OR TO SHIFT THE FOCUS AWAY FROM GUILTY/CORRUPT ORANGE TEAM-MATE$...

    ...the loud, peckerhead limbaugh has had a major microphone for close to thirty years...and still the republican-cheerleading fool has NEVER, to my knowledge, uttered an honest intelligent sentence as to the monetary fraud under which we are en$laved, abu$ed, etc..

    ...imagine what an honest, intelligent monetary realist [who took HONEST phone calls from participants/listeners] could've done with the thousands of hours filled by limbaugh's absolute monetary ignorance, all-around peckerheadedness...
    Ummmm....no I haven't missed that. I don't like Limbaugh. But broken clocks are right twice a day. And in this case Limbaugh is right that exposing DNC corruption in the primary process is not the same as hacking the general election and it sure as hell isn't a "disinformation campaign."
    9/11 Thermate experiments

    Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

    "I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

    "We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

    "It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

  14. #13

    Default

    What would happen if the FBI found a "smoking gun" call between Trump and a Russian? Then they'd have to admit they "wiretapped" him. My guess is they'd say they weren't "wiretapping" him, they were "blah, blah, blah ..."

  15. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post
    What would happen if the FBI found a "smoking gun" call between Trump and a Russian? Then they'd have to admit they "wiretapped" him. My guess is they'd say they weren't "wiretapping" him, they were "blah, blah, blah ..."
    If they were wiretapping the Russians, then they would have collected the communications anyway. This is what happened to Flynn.
    Beyond hope:
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhandorder View Post
    I think [Trump] is going to cut the [Pentagon] budget.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    [Paul Ryan being kicked out of speakership] happens soon after the vote fails.


    Still hopeful:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mordan View Post
    I give Trump 1 year to put [Clinton] in jail. See you in January 2018 about this issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jan2017 View Post
    Within the first 100 days Trump/Rand will have Ryan gone as Speaker.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    The Fed is NOT safe from audit, Trump has said he wants to audit the fed and we may have some bills coming up soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Trump is going to help save Syria, with Russia's help.

  16. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    If they were wiretapping the Russians, then they would have collected the communications anyway. This is what happened to Flynn.
    Exactly . . . Russian whoever Flynn was talking to was being wiretapped.

    According to Gowdy/Comey at yesterday's hearing, some authority would usually have to ask that the US citizen in those conversations be unmasked -
    the agency that actually did the wiretap would have to do the unmasking to get Flynn's name. Not usually the FBI if foreigner is outside US.

    The felony is that someone went to the media with that name then . . . I'll guess Loretta Lynch's department.

    Rand has also said over the weekend in Stephanapolous interview, that person(s) should go to jail.
    Last edited by Jan2017; 03-21-2017 at 08:38 AM.

  17. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    If they were wiretapping the Russians, then they would have collected the communications anyway. This is what happened to Flynn.
    Yeah, I guess they can always use that excuse. "We weren't wiretapping you, we were wiretapping the other guy!"

  18. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    If they were wiretapping the Russians, then they would have collected the communications anyway. This is what happened to Flynn.
    The trolls are working overtime. Another battle?
    The essential English leadership secret does not depend on particular intelligence. Rather, it depends on a remarkably stupid thick-headedness. The English follow the principle that when one lies, one should lie big, and stick to it. They keep up their lies, even at the risk of looking ridiculous.

  19. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post
    Yeah, I guess they can always use that excuse. "We weren't wiretapping you, we were wiretapping the other guy!"
    That's how wiretaps work, unless you'd like to argue that a single wiretap against anyone is actually wiretapping the entire world because theoretically anyone could call that person.
    Beyond hope:
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhandorder View Post
    I think [Trump] is going to cut the [Pentagon] budget.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    [Paul Ryan being kicked out of speakership] happens soon after the vote fails.


    Still hopeful:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mordan View Post
    I give Trump 1 year to put [Clinton] in jail. See you in January 2018 about this issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jan2017 View Post
    Within the first 100 days Trump/Rand will have Ryan gone as Speaker.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    The Fed is NOT safe from audit, Trump has said he wants to audit the fed and we may have some bills coming up soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Trump is going to help save Syria, with Russia's help.

  20. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    That's how wiretaps work, unless you'd like to argue that a single wiretap against anyone is actually wiretapping the entire world because theoretically anyone could call that person.
    The likelihood of this excuse working for the entire world - 0.0%. There was something special about both Flynn and Trump so they could get caught by the innocent dragnet setup for the limited purpose of catching a few bad Russians.
    The essential English leadership secret does not depend on particular intelligence. Rather, it depends on a remarkably stupid thick-headedness. The English follow the principle that when one lies, one should lie big, and stick to it. They keep up their lies, even at the risk of looking ridiculous.

  21. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    The likelihood of this excuse working for the entire world - 0.0%. There was something special about both Flynn and Trump so they could get caught by the innocent dragnet setup for the limited purpose of catching a few bad Russians.
    I would imagine that the government would wiretap all of the foreign agents operating within the United States as a matter of course.

    The special thing about Flynn and other members of Trump's campaign staff was that they communicated with foreign agents. Flynn himself was on the payroll of multiple foreign countries.
    Beyond hope:
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhandorder View Post
    I think [Trump] is going to cut the [Pentagon] budget.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    [Paul Ryan being kicked out of speakership] happens soon after the vote fails.


    Still hopeful:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mordan View Post
    I give Trump 1 year to put [Clinton] in jail. See you in January 2018 about this issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jan2017 View Post
    Within the first 100 days Trump/Rand will have Ryan gone as Speaker.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    The Fed is NOT safe from audit, Trump has said he wants to audit the fed and we may have some bills coming up soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Trump is going to help save Syria, with Russia's help.

  22. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    I would imagine that the government would wiretap all of the foreign agents operating within the United States as a matter of course.

    The special thing about Flynn and other members of Trump's campaign staff was that they communicated with foreign agents. Flynn himself was on the payroll of multiple foreign countries.
    What is a foreign agent? Should I change my kebab vendor?
    The essential English leadership secret does not depend on particular intelligence. Rather, it depends on a remarkably stupid thick-headedness. The English follow the principle that when one lies, one should lie big, and stick to it. They keep up their lies, even at the risk of looking ridiculous.

  23. #22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    What is a foreign agent? Should I change my kebab vendor?
    A foreign agent is anyone who actively carries out the interests of a foreign country while located in another host country
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foreign_agent


    The Foreign Agents Registration Act (FARA) is a United States law (22 U.S.C. § 611 et seq.) passed in 1938 requiring that agents representing the interests of foreign powers in a "political or quasi-political capacity" disclose their relationship with the foreign government and information about related activities and finances.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foreig...gistration_Act
    Beyond hope:
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhandorder View Post
    I think [Trump] is going to cut the [Pentagon] budget.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    [Paul Ryan being kicked out of speakership] happens soon after the vote fails.


    Still hopeful:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mordan View Post
    I give Trump 1 year to put [Clinton] in jail. See you in January 2018 about this issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jan2017 View Post
    Within the first 100 days Trump/Rand will have Ryan gone as Speaker.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    The Fed is NOT safe from audit, Trump has said he wants to audit the fed and we may have some bills coming up soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Trump is going to help save Syria, with Russia's help.

  24. #23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    That's how wiretaps work, unless you'd like to argue that a single wiretap against anyone is actually wiretapping the entire world because theoretically anyone could call that person.
    If they can get a court order to investigate one guy, and they can use all the incoming calls as evidence against the incoming callers, then yes, you are theoretically wiretapping the entire world. Are you allowed to use incoming calls as evidence? I honestly don't know.

    Anyway it seems like a helluva coincidence. Right before the election they just happen to inadvertently record Trump while they were investigating a totally unrelated matter. And why did the NY Times article say they were investigating Trump? Why didn't say they were investigating a Russia guy? Why would Trump make it up? The whole thing makes no sense.

    Anyway, like I've said before, this is meaningless. Wake me up when Trump does something worse than all the horrible things that occurred under Obama's watch. I'm not a fan of Trump and my guess is he will so some things that are as bad. But not yet.
    Last edited by Madison320; 03-21-2017 at 10:12 AM.

  25. #24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post
    If they can get a court order to investigate one guy, and they can use all the incoming calls as evidence against the incoming callers, then yes, you are theoretically wiretapping the entire world. Are you allowed to use incoming calls as evidence? I honestly don't know.
    Wiretaps at one time were literally tapping the wire to their phone. Yes, it records both incoming and outgoing calls. No, they do not need a new warrant for every single person who contacts or is contacted by the subject of the original warrant.


    Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post
    Anyway it seems like a helluva coincidence. Right before the election they just happen to inadvertently record Trump while they were investigating a totally unrelated matter. And why did the NY Times article say they were investigating Trump? Why didn't say they were investigating a Russia guy? Why would Trump make it up? The whole thing makes no sense.
    I haven't heard anyone say that Trump himself was wiretapped or investigated - except Trump himself and his various mouthpieces. They're denying claims that no one is making to build up a series of strawmen in order to distract the conversation from the actual topic.

    Nobody claims Trump did something directly - "Trump was wiretapped! He didn't do anything!" - investigation reveals information about other people in Trump campaign but not Trump - "See, we told you Trump didn't do anything!"

    Nobody claims Russia directly affected voting machines - "Russia didn't hack the election to change the votes!" - investigation reveals Russia tried to affect the election but not by hacking voting machines - "See, we told you the Russians didn't change the votes!"
    Last edited by TheCount; 03-21-2017 at 10:41 AM.
    Beyond hope:
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhandorder View Post
    I think [Trump] is going to cut the [Pentagon] budget.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    [Paul Ryan being kicked out of speakership] happens soon after the vote fails.


    Still hopeful:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mordan View Post
    I give Trump 1 year to put [Clinton] in jail. See you in January 2018 about this issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jan2017 View Post
    Within the first 100 days Trump/Rand will have Ryan gone as Speaker.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    The Fed is NOT safe from audit, Trump has said he wants to audit the fed and we may have some bills coming up soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Trump is going to help save Syria, with Russia's help.

  26. #25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Wiretaps at one time were literally tapping the wire to their phone. Yes, it records both incoming and outgoing calls. No, they do not need a new warrant for every single person who contacts or is contacted by the subject of the original warrant.




    I haven't heard anyone say that Trump himself was wiretapped or investigated - except Trump himself and his various mouthpieces. They're denying claims that no one is making to build up a series of strawmen in order to distract the conversation from the actual topic.

    Nobody claims Trump did something directly - "Trump was wiretapped! He didn't do anything!" - investigation reveals information about other people in Trump campaign but not Trump - "See, we told you Trump didn't do anything!"

    Nobody claims Russia directly affected voting machines - "Russia didn't hack the election to change the votes!" - investigation reveals Russia tried to affect the election but not by hacking voting machines - "See, we told you the Russians didn't change the votes!"
    Like I said, this is a big story about nothing. Let me know when Trump actually does something remotely in the same league as all the horrible things that happened under Obama's watch.

  27. #26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post
    Like I said, this is a big story about nothing. Let me know when Trump actually does something remotely in the same league as all the horrible things that happened under Obama's watch.
    #1: It's not about Trump.

    #2: Caring about Obama vs. Trump is juvenile. Obama is Obama. Trump is Trump. If we only oppose the things of current leaders which are worse than what past leaders did, then over time eventually everything will become acceptable. Should we not complain about Trump's health care plan because we should only judge it on the basis of Obamacare? Obviously not.

    We should support or oppose things on their own merits and not on the basis of comparison.
    Last edited by TheCount; 03-21-2017 at 10:59 AM.
    Beyond hope:
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhandorder View Post
    I think [Trump] is going to cut the [Pentagon] budget.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    [Paul Ryan being kicked out of speakership] happens soon after the vote fails.


    Still hopeful:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mordan View Post
    I give Trump 1 year to put [Clinton] in jail. See you in January 2018 about this issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jan2017 View Post
    Within the first 100 days Trump/Rand will have Ryan gone as Speaker.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    The Fed is NOT safe from audit, Trump has said he wants to audit the fed and we may have some bills coming up soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Trump is going to help save Syria, with Russia's help.

  28. #27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    We should support or oppose things on their own merits and not on the basis of comparison.
    You sound awfully suspicious today. Has your account been hijacked? I much preferred your comedy routine.
    The essential English leadership secret does not depend on particular intelligence. Rather, it depends on a remarkably stupid thick-headedness. The English follow the principle that when one lies, one should lie big, and stick to it. They keep up their lies, even at the risk of looking ridiculous.

  29. #28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    #1: It's not about Trump.

    #2: Caring about Obama vs. Trump is juvenile. Obama is Obama. Trump is Trump. If we only oppose the things of current leaders which are worse than what past leaders did, then over time eventually everything will become acceptable. Should we not complain about Trump's health care plan because we should only judge it on the basis of Obamacare? Obviously not.

    We should support or oppose things on their own merits and not on the basis of comparison.
    I agree, but in this case what did Trump do wrong?

    Also I have another question that's bugging me. You've claimed that Trump was inadvertently snagged while they were "wiretapping" a Russian guy. How do you know that? How do you know they weren't "wiretapping" Trump and inadvertently snagged the Russian guy?

    Edit: Actually now that I think about it, comparing Trump to Obama, Bush, etc, is important. You have to have some perspective. You can't treat a parking ticket the same as murder. It's all relative.

    Do you agree that up to this point Trump has done nothing serious compared to past presidents?
    Last edited by Madison320; 03-21-2017 at 01:17 PM.

  30. #29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post
    I agree, but in this case what did Trump do wrong?

    Also I have another question that's bugging me. You've claimed that Trump was inadvertently snagged while they were "wiretapping" a Russian guy. How do you know that? How do you know they weren't "wiretapping" Trump and inadvertently snagged the Russian guy?
    The FBI all but admitted a few weeks ago that Kislyak's calls were intercepted as a matter of procedure, which implies Americans were not the target. Sally Yates went to the White House to inform them that Flynn was on some of the calls.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

  31. #30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    The FBI all but admitted a few weeks ago that Kislyak's calls were intercepted as a matter of procedure, which implies Americans were not the target. Sally Yates went to the White House to inform them that Flynn was on some of the calls.
    Because the FBI said so? That's the proof?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast





Similar Threads

  1. Rick Santorum Limbaugh asks good question:if the race is over, why is everyone STILL attacking Santorum?
    By Agorism in forum 2012 Presidential Election
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-02-2012, 10:21 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-10-2010, 05:36 PM
  3. Question about valid law
    By Deborah K in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-08-2009, 07:50 PM
  4. A question for Rush Limbaugh listeners - No Limbaugh Flame Wars Please
    By OptionsTrader in forum Grassroots Central
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-10-2008, 10:28 AM
  5. Limbaugh Blows Off Ron Paul Question
    By Difster in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-13-2007, 10:29 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •