Thread: Trump's Russian imbroglio prompts Republican rethink on surveillance law

Trump's Russian imbroglio prompts Republican rethink on surveillance law

Whaa whaa whaa
    Though long criticized by privacy advocates, a new front of potential opposition to Section 702 has emerged as Republicans sputter about what they view as politically motivated leaks by the agencies amid probes of any collusion between the Russian government and Trump's 2016 presidential election campaign.
    Ha ha ha.

"When we try to retain this tool this year and try to convince some of our colleagues that this is really important for national security and somebody in the intelligence community says, 'You know what, the hell with it, I'm going to release this person’s name because I'm going to get something out of it,' we're all going to be hurt by that," Rooney said as he removed his glasses in apparent exasperation

Cry me a river about leaks Trumpy. WHAA WHAA. You sniveling little bitch.

Despite the concern about leaks, a White House official told Reuters earlier this month that the Trump administration favored a reauthorization this year of the expiring portions of the FISA without any changes to address privacy concerns.
    Ha Trump and goons he loves got caught in their own stupid web.

"That is a distinction that doesn't make a difference to people watching on television," Representative Trey Gowdy responded, adding that renewal of Section 702 was "in jeopardy if we don't get this resolved."
    YEAW. Let's hang Snowden trump.

Two sources familiar with the meeting said several lawmakers sought clarity on how many intelligence officials had access to classified surveillance information but were frustrated by the lack of clear answers.

Rogers said Monday that 20 people at NSA, including himself, possessed the authority to "unmask" Americans whose communications are ensnared via foreign intelligence programs. A select few officials at other agencies also have the authority, including some at the Federal Bureau of Investigation, the Department of Justice and the CIA.

Section 702 enables sweeping surveillance programs known as Prism and Upstream, which were revealed publicly in 2013 by former NSA contractor Edward Snowden.

Prism gathers messaging data from Alphabet Inc's Google , Facebook Inc , Microsoft Corp, Apple Inc and other major tech companies that is sent to and from a foreign target under surveillance. Upstream allows the NSA to copy Web traffic flowing along the internet backbone located inside the United States and search that data.
    http://www.reuters.com/article/us-us...-idUSKBN16R2O1
    War; everything in the world wrong, evil and immoral combined into one and multiplied by millions.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Sigh.

These $#@!s (and by "these" I mean pretty much every public servant), is only concerned with the protection of civil liberties when they or someone they care about may be affected.

Why did Ron Paul have to leave, WTF.
    "An idea whose time has come cannot be stopped by any army or any government" - Ron Paul.

"To learn who rules over you simply find out who you arent allowed to criticize."

Quote Originally Posted by unknown View Post
    Sigh.

These $#@!s (and by "these" I mean pretty much every public servant), is only concerned with the protection of civil liberties when they or someone they care about may be affected.

Why did Ron Paul have to leave, WTF.
    I wouldn't say just public servants as the trump lovers on here have absolutely no interest in civil liberties anymore unless it is to protect their man. But then again maybe they are paid public servants of trump so maybe you are right.
    War; everything in the world wrong, evil and immoral combined into one and multiplied by millions.