Thread: CCTV Cameras May Be Set To Lip Read Soon

CCTV Cameras May Be Set To Lip Read Soon

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-39298199

"Computers now lip read better than humans."

Scientists at Oxford say they've invented an artificial intelligence system that can lip-read better than humans.

The system, which has been trained on thousands of hours of BBC News programmes, has been developed in collaboration with Google's DeepMind AI division.

"Watch, Attend and Spell", as the system has been called, can now watch silent speech and get about 50% of the words correct. That may not sound too impressive - but when the researchers supplied the same clips to professional lip-readers, they got only 12% of words right.

Joon Son Chung, a doctoral student at Oxford University's Department of Engineering, explained to me just how challenging a task this is. "Words like mat, bat and pat all have similar mouth shapes." It's context that helps his system - or indeed a professional lip reader - to understand what word is being spoken.

"What the system does," explains Joon, "is to learn things that come together, in this case the mouth shapes and the characters and what the likely upcoming characters are."

I'll bet Advertisers would have a field day if only they could data-parse everything you ever say, ever...
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    so.. any time you're in public.. sing something stupid - lettem lip read twinkle twinkle little star..
    Disclaimer: any post made after midnight and before 8AM is made before the coffee dip stick has come up to optomim level - expect some level of silliness,

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by opal View Post
    so.. any time you're in public.. sing something stupid - lettem lip read twinkle twinkle little star..
    Keep repeating taxation is theft.

They already have software that does this. Works great...

"Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Not at current resolutions.

A cctv will only resolve your mouth with a handful of pixels at normal distances.

Quote Originally Posted by agitator View Post
    HAL is here

Quote Originally Posted by merkelstan View Post
    Not at current resolutions.

A cctv will only resolve your mouth with a handful of pixels at normal distances.
    "Can you stand close to the camera and enunciate clearly please?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    And the noose tightens another notch...freedom is dead...now I'm just wondering how hard they will bet the corpse.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    And the noose tightens another notch...freedom is dead...now I'm just wondering how hard they will bet the corpse.
    My fear is that even talking about freedom from oppression of the status quo in general will get you slapped with a flag on a computer database in the event of an actual revolution. Any form of resistance, even discussing it will not be tolerated by the Status Quo / Deep State.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.