Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: USA Today: Kids on Winning Robotics Team Told, "Go Back to Mexico"

USA Today: Kids on Winning Robotics Team Told, "Go Back to Mexico"

INDIANAPOLIS — The day should have been one of glory and celebration for five fourth-graders.

The Pleasant Run Elementary students had just won a robotics challenge at Plainfield High School, and the students — new to bot competition this year — were one step closer to the Vex IQ State Championship.

The team is made up of 9- and 10-year-olds. Two are African American and three are Latino.

As the group, called the Pleasant Run PantherBots, and their parents left the challenge last month in Plainfield, Ind., competing students from other Indianapolis-area schools and their parents were waiting for them in the parking lot.

“Go back to Mexico!” two or three kids screamed at their brown-skin peers and their parents, according to some who were there.

This verbal attack had spilled over from the gymnasium. While the children were competing, one or two parents disparaged the Pleasant Run kids with racist comments — and loud enough for the Pleasant Run families to hear.

“They were pointing at us and saying that ‘Oh my God, they are champions of the city all because they are Mexican. They are Mexican, and they are ruining our country.”
    Diocelina Herrera, Indianapolis
    “They were pointing at us and saying that ‘Oh my God, they are champions of the city all because they are Mexican. They are Mexican, and they are ruining our country,’ ” said Diocelina Herrera, the mother of PantherBot Angel Herrera-Sanchez.
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/n...cism/99301384/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    I knew you'd take the bait.

“Go
    back to Mexico!” two or three kids screamed at their brown-skin peers and their parents, according to some who were there.

This verbal attack had spilled over from the gymnasium. While the children were competing, one or two parents disparaged the Pleasant Run kids with racist comments — and loud enough for the Pleasant Run families to hear.

“They were pointing at us and saying that ‘Oh my God, they are champions of the city all because they are Mexican. They are Mexican, and they are ruining our country.”

dialogue sounds fake

too textbook

guessing they made it up

Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    I knew you'd take the bait.
    So you were trolling. Imagine that.

Is your Mommy helping?

Why would they need robots in mexico ?
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Why would they need robots in mexico ?
    If all the Mexicans are working here, then who will do their jobs? The robots.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by Iowa View Post
    “Go

dialogue sounds fake

too textbook

guessing they made it up
    It does sound funny. The whole thing . Only the nerdiest of all the kids participate in that ( I have a little niece that does ) and they would not be race baiters then an ordinary kid in IPS would be low IQ but also not a race baiter .
    Do something Danke

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iowa View Post
    “Go

dialogue sounds fake

too textbook

guessing they made it up
    The dialogue sounds fake to me, too.

And they're trying to raise money...

Now they'll be traveling 125 miles south to a world championship April 23 to 25 that is aimed at middle school students. Their GoFundMe page already has raised $4,000 more than their $8,000 goal to get there and has stopped accepting donations.

"We are truly overwhelmed with all of the support we have received," Hopper wrote on the page. "Any additional funds will be used to help with our robotics program next year."
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    I get mexican Coke every now and then and Dos Equis quite frequently and a Bimbo donut sometimes . All produced in mexico with no robots I imagine
    Do something Danke

Everyone should try a Bimbo honey bun thingie .
    Do something Danke

So you were trolling. Imagine that.
    It isn't trolling when your posts are pursuant to the site's mission.

I think better expression for what I did was outing trolls.

. What race will the robots be?

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Everyone should try a Bimbo honey bun thingie .
    Sounds like it will make you diabetic. The last thing we need is diabetic Mexican robots.

That is a good point.

These kids were taking our jobs twice over, once with their Mexican selves, and once with their robots.

Quote Originally Posted by helmuth_hubener View Post
    . What race will the robots be?
    I have my little nieces painting the robots to look like me .
    Do something Danke

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Sounds like it will make you diabetic. The last thing we need is diabetic Mexican robots.
    It probably would if you ate too many .
    Do something Danke

It isn't trolling when your posts are pursuant to the site's mission.

Posting #FakeNews is pursuant to the site's mission?

The dialogue sounds fake to me, too.

And they're trying to raise money...
    Wow. Color me shocked.

Going to Mexico is quite nice this time of year

Posting #FakeNews is pursuant to the site's mission?
    But it's real news.

On the other hand, labelling something as fake news just because you don't like it because it doesn't agree with your views that go against the site mission is a liberal tell.

Or diabetic police horses.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

What's the big deal, snowflakes? In my childhood I was insulted for my ethnicity too. Deal with it. Free speech..

The robots were probably put together by the Indian science teacher and his German wife.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    But it's real news.
    It's only "Newz" because white kids insulted minorities.

Who gives a $#@!?

That is a good point.

These kids were taking our jobs twice over, once with their Mexican selves, and once with their robots.
    Great.
    They're taking our high-paying jobs.
    They're taking our low-paying jobs.
    Their robots are taking our robot jobs.
    AND they're living off of honest citizen tax dollars.
    It's the frikkkin atacolypse.
    Last edited by otherone; 03-19-2017 at 07:09 AM.
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

But it's real news.
    I must have missed the video evidence. In this day, if kids were hurling racial epithets at each other at a robot competition there would be video evidence of it.

Quote Originally Posted by otherone View Post
    Great.
    They're taking our high-paying jobs.
    They're taking our low-paying jobs.
    They're robots are taking our robot jobs.
    AND they're living off of honest citizen tax dollars.
    It's the frikkkin atacolypse.
    Atacolypse? Meet your toilet paper kingpin. I recently stocked up at Staples using all of my ink rewards and coupons. One hundred and eighty four rolls - Mr Animal thought it was crazy but I told him when the $#@! hits the fan, he's looking at the TP overlord. I also have a few extra bottles of Booty Fresh I might be willing to part with AND a case of diaper wipes leftover from when my dad was alive.

Even if this is true, what is one or 2 or 3 kids yelling insults at another kid?

Rude.

It's not an attack, it's just rude. Their parents should be ashamed that their kids act like primates and they should get their xboxes and play stations turned off for a week.

It's not newsworthy and it's it's neither justified or outrageous. It's kids being kids.
    No - No - No - No

But it's real news.
    l.
    Not a single one of these stories has turned out to be true that I can recall. And in fact, the 3 or 4 that I remember aren't even in the .jpg.

So the odds are overwhelming in favor of this is just yet another story fabricated by grifters to cash in on liberal white guilt. #FakeNews gonna be fake. And Zippy, cPUD and S&M will be here to promote it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast