Thread: Yelp Now Helps People Find Gender Neutral Bathrooms

Yelp Now Helps People Find Gender Neutral Bathrooms

I recently noticed on yelp that they now ask reviewers if a business has neutral gender restrooms. Seems the left is pedal to the metal trying to force feed people their cultural values.

http://www.vocativ.com/407951/yelp-g...ral-bathrooms/

As the nation argues over which bathrooms transgender people can use, Yelp is now trying to make it easier for everyone. Soon, users will be able to find businesses that offer gender neutral bathrooms.

There are two ways for business’ restrooms to be marked as gender neutral, meaning that they are either locking single-stalls or have a unisex multi-stall or family restroom. According to a blog post from the company, Yelp will begin prompting users who check into or review businesses to answer whether these options are available. (Other things Yelp prompts customers to answer include whether or not the business is wheelchair accessible, accepts credit cards, and accommodates children). Businesses can also voluntarily edit this information themselves.

Until this point, trans people, those who do not identify as neither male nor female non-binary, and their advocates have been tasked with crowdsourcing this kind of information on their own. In the past, crowdsourced maps and apps like Safe Bathroom Club and Refuge Restrooms have aimed to help ease the struggle for those looking for a place they can relieve themselves without fear of discrimination or abuse. According the largest-ever study of transgender Americans, these experiences are common, causing nearly 60 percent of respondents to say they have avoided using a public restroom in the past year altogether.

This update from Yelp comes one day after the company joined 52 other major tech companies in a show of support for transgender teen Gavin Grimm, who has filed a lawsuit against his Virginia high school for denying him permission to use the boys’ restroom. It also follows President Donald Trump’s recent rollback of protections granted to trans students granted by the Obama administration that allowed students to use the gendered restroom of their choice they felt comfortable with regardless of the sex noted on their birth certificate.

“We believe it’s important for the business community to speak up when our nation’s values are threatened,” Yelp’s head of diversity and inclusion Rachel Williams told Vocativ. “Yelp thrives on inclusion and acceptance, and it’s always the right time to reaffirm this with our community.”
    USE THIS SITE TO LINK ARTICLES FROM OLIGARCH MEDIA:http://archive.is/ STARVE THE BEAST.
    More Government = Less Freedom
    Communism never disappeared it only changed its name to Social Democrat
    Emotion and Logic mix like oil and water

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    this BS is not worth discussing

Is this where you can find both blood and pee on the seat?

There might be a need for a Gender Natural Bathroom app if this $#@! keeps up.

What a cesspool of intolerance RPF has become.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    What a cesspool of intolerance RPF has become.
    If you'll pardon the expression, "if it doesn't go both ways" that generally what you'll get.

Well at least social media created a solution for some. It will help the places that have gender neutral and those who don't. Because people will be looking for both. The restaurant I work in does not claim to be gender neutral but I sure see a lot of people who seem to be transitioning. We just kinda don't ask/don't tell/ ignore it. Nobody has complained.

But I think something is up with this transgender thing. I think there is something causing so many people to have a transgender condition. I think it is something affecting the endocrine system.

Quote Originally Posted by seapilot View Post
    I recently noticed on yelp that they now ask reviewers if a business has neutral gender restrooms. Seems the left is pedal to the metal trying to force feed people their cultural values.
    Who is being forced (or force-fed) to do what here?
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    As long as the government isn't mandating businesses to have 'gender neutral' bathrooms then this is just the free-market at work... My estimation would be that as long as the government doesn't start interfering with this we'll forget all about 'gender neutral' bathrooms in a few years, it's just a trend.
    "I am a bird"

Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    As long as the government isn't mandating businesses to have 'gender neutral' bathrooms then this is just the free-market at work... My estimation would be that as long as the government doesn't start interfering with this we'll forget all about 'gender neutral' bathrooms in a few years, it's just a trend.
    Just exactly so.

Deplorable and objectionable tactics may be employed by a variety of socio-cultural interest groups - but using the market to voluntarily acquire information and supply it to market participants is NOT one of them.
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 03-22-2017 at 02:32 AM.

Dang it, Occam's only back for a few hours and I'm outta rep already.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Occam's Banana again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

That's fabulousth.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    No one, though Yelp is angry because the govt stopped forcing schools to accept changes to their bathroom policy. Yelp as a business can support and promote all the SJW PC they want, but the idea that they would like to force it on other people is one I do not agree with.
    USE THIS SITE TO LINK ARTICLES FROM OLIGARCH MEDIA:http://archive.is/ STARVE THE BEAST.
    More Government = Less Freedom
    Communism never disappeared it only changed its name to Social Democrat
    Emotion and Logic mix like oil and water