Thread: Rand Paul introduces the most sweeping reform of civil asset forfeiture law...

Default Rand Paul introduces the most sweeping reform of civil asset forfeiture law...

Thanks Rand! Civil Asset forfeiture needs to be addressed...

“The federal government has made it far too easy for government agencies to take and profit from the property of those who have not been convicted of a crime,” Paul’s statement read. “The FAIR Act will protect Americans’ Fifth Amendment rights from being infringed upon by ensuring that government agencies no longer profit from taking the property of U.S. citizens without due process.”
    http://rare.us/rare-politics/populis...aw-in-decades/

but wait..what's that...Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! !

Look at the name of the act.

FAIR (Fifth Amendment Integrity Restoration) Act

Is this the way for Congress to wrest back control from the Clowns in Gowns and their "interpretations" of the Constitution? Or am I making more out of it than I should?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Doubt it goes anywhere, and more than likely trump will veto it is congress passes it.
    War; everything in the world wrong, evil and immoral combined into one and multiplied by millions.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Look at the name of the act.

FAIR (Fifth Amendment Integrity Restoration) Act

Is this the way for Congress to wrest back control from the Clowns in Gowns and their "interpretations" of the Constitution? Or am I making more out of it than I should?
    Pretty sure there's some congressional bylaw that requires acronyms to be the OPPOSITE of an act's intent.
    Like the Patriot act.
    End the Empire- Restore the Republic- Repeal the 17th

Interesting timing. Hmm....

Maybe brilliant timing! I don't have enough info to judge, and Rand does, he's there with these jokers all the time.

I could see it getting some good traction! Good job, Rand.
    The rebel of the 21st Century will be old-fashioned.

Quote Originally Posted by klamath View Post
    Doubt it goes anywhere, and more than likely trump will veto it is congress passes it.
    What a beacon of hope.
    "Logic is an enemy and truth is a menace." ~ Rod Serling
    "Cops today are nothing but an armed tax collector" ~ Frank Serpico
    "To be normal, to drink Coca-Cola and eat Kentucky Fried Chicken is to be in a conspiracy against yourself."
    "People that don't want to make waves sit in stagnant waters."

Quote Originally Posted by helmuth_hubener View Post
    Interesting timing. Hmm....

Maybe brilliant timing! I don't have enough info to judge, and Rand does, he's there with these jokers all the time.

I could see it getting some good traction! Good job, Rand.
    The article says he floated this back in '14 but there wasn't as much interest in reform then as there is now.

Hopefully this gets passed and President Donald signs it into law instead of ruining Rand's career.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    Hopefully this gets passed and President Donald signs it into law instead of ruining Rand's career.
    Trump? More like John McCain.
    "To be normal, to drink Coca-Cola and eat Kentucky Fried Chicken is to be in a conspiracy against yourself."

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post

https://twitter.com/SteveKopack/stat...07910277636097
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

What a beacon of hope.
    Care to post all the anti police state comments Trump has made? Wasn't it trump that said he would help destroy a congressmen that was trying to stop civil forfeiture.
    War; everything in the world wrong, evil and immoral combined into one and multiplied by millions.

McCain's position is this is obviously a Russian plot. Rand is just being a tool for Putin who is trying to impose actual freedom on American citizens.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul.

"Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl

"Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

Quote Originally Posted by AZJoe View Post
    McCain's position is this is obviously a Russian plot. Rand is just being a tool for Putin who is trying to impose actual freedom on American citizens.
    LOL! Exactly. Even though McCain takes his marching orders from China.

Rand Paul on Police Piracy Civil Forfeiture

"Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul.

"Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl

"Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

Trump is a cop sucker.. he'd never sign it
    Disclaimer: any post made after midnight and before 8AM is made before the coffee dip stick has come up to optomim level - expect some level of silliness,

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living !!!!!!!

Current co-sponsors:
    -Lee (R)
    -Crapo (R)
    -King (I)
    -Udall (D)
    -Heinrich (D)

Not a bad start, nicely bipartisan.
    "Son of a b**** I'm sick of these dolphins." - Steve Zissou

Would this effect local and state government as well or only federal? If so isn't this federal over reach?

This will be an interesting bill to follow since if it passes it will have much wider implications than just asset forfeitures. The current system is based on the principle that all assets are owned by the bankers as collateral against all debt issued through their private monetary system. That is why they can legally take anything they want. They "own" it. The people are only allowed to "use" it.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

The entire internet is the domain of paid shills and bots. If you don't know this by now....

Israel, under control of the Crown and, ultimately, the Vatican, own the USA. If you don't know this by now....

Talk to people about liberty. You won't find it on websites, you won't find it in politicians.

Visiting the Outer Banks of NC?
    Outer Banks Fishing Boat Rentals