Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How Do Trump Supporters Defend His Travel Expenditures?

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    Let's just remember how Michelle took over a whole floor of the most expensive hotel in the world. Obama was not there. How is that state business?
    So was that okay or was that not okay?
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Let's just remember how Michelle took over a whole floor of the most expensive hotel in the world. Obama was not there. How is that state business?
    De Blasio asked the U.S. government in December for up to $35 million to cover security costs for protecting Trump in his home atop the 58-story skyscraper, which is located on Fifth Avenue near Central Park, an area popular with tourists.

At $24 million, the final cost was less than that. Trump spent most of his time from Election Day on Nov. 8 until his inauguration on Jan. 20 at his penthouse apartment in Trump Tower.

In addition to the police protection, the Fire Department incurred $1.7 million in costs during the time period Trump was in New York, according to O'Neill.

On days when first lady Melania Trump and the couple's son, Barron, are the only ones in the city, security going forward will cost between $127,000 and $145,000 per day, less than when the president is in residence, O'Neill said.

When Trump is in town, the cost of police protection will go back up to $308,000 on average per day, O'Neill said. It will cost about another $4.5 million per year for the New York City Fire Department to protect the building, he said.

"We anticipate these costs will increase significantly whenever the president is in New York City," he said.
    http://fortune.com/2017/02/22/trump-...osts-taxpayer/
    There is no spoon.

looks like the White House needs to become a museum.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    So was that okay or was that not okay?
    On my dime, it is neither state business nor okay.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Like De Blasio cares about costs. The graft and corruption in NYC cost way more than protecting a First Family. There are NYC government school principals who make more than $135K a year and ride in limos on days when they bother to show up for work.

Bill and Hillary Clinton live in a suburb of NYC. Bill's office is in Harlem. Nobody complains how much it costs to protect them, and they have a detail even though they are hopefully retired from politics.

New York residents are heavily taxed. I'm sure the Trumps pay their share and then some.
    Last edited by euphemia; 03-18-2017 at 04:43 PM.
    #NashvilleStrong

Like De Blasio cares about costs. The graft and corruption in NYC cost way more than protecting a First Family. There are NYC government school principals who make more than $135K a year and ride in limos on days when they bother to show up for work.

Bill and Hillary Clinton live in a suburb of NYC. Bill's office is in Harlem. Nobody complains how much it costs to protect them, and they have a detail even though they are hopefully retired from politics.

New York residents are heavily taxed. I'm sure the Trumps pay their share and then some.
    +1

I think Trump supporters feel like that is what his salary is worth because they feel like his time is worth that much because he bragged about being worth 10 billion for a year. Trump supporters probably feel like his presidential salary should be 10X higher then Obamas. Hence Ron Paul on steroids, because Ron Paul would of taken a smaller salary and spent less tax payer money.

Trump's travel seems to be linked with work. He's not down in Florida golfing for kicks and giggles. He's working. He's entertaining heads of state so he can talk to them and negotiate the way to better relationships with other nations. He's getting a lot of work done while his wife is home caring for their son and helping him get through the school year. She's not galavanting around the world spending money like she deserves it.

Trump is also not accepting a salary. While $400K a year is not a lot of money compared to what it takes to guard the president, it's still something. I can imagine it's not fun having to undo eight years of international nonsense perpetrated under Obama and Clinton.

And one more thing: He told Congress he wanted a health care bill on his desk by Feb 20. You see that deadline has come and gone. Congress needs to get moving.

Finally, it's not safe in the White House, clearly, so if Trump needs the Cost Guard because the Secret Service can't secure the White House grounds and the White House, then where is Trump supposed to work? Sheesh.
    http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/dona...-proof-n732466

After Pledging to Donate Salary, Trump Declines to Release Proof

President Donald Trump pledged to forgo a presidential salary, but as his second payday approaches, the White House is declining to say if the president has donated any of his earnings yet.

During the campaign, Trump promised he would take "no salary" if elected — a pledge he reiterated after he won.

"I'm not going to the take the salary," he said on CBS' "60 Minutes" in November.

The Constitution, however, requires that the president receive a salary, and that it not be reduced during his term. Federal law mandates the president receive a $400,000 annual salary, paid out once a month.

Trump aides have previously said Trump would donate his salary to the Treasury Department or a charity.

MSNBC requested details and documentation about any salary donations from the White House, the Treasury Department and the Office of Personnel Management, which all declined to say whether Trump has donated any of his salary to date. (OPM referred questions to the White House.)
    People may recall that during the campaign Trump promised to donate $6 million raised plus $1 million of his own money to veterans charities. A month or so later when somebody checked on it, he hadn't donated any money yet. When the story hit the news, suddenly the checks were issued.

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-s...goes-bad-worse

It no doubt seemed like a good idea at the time. In January, Donald Trump was in the middle of a spat with Fox News, so the Republican presidential hopeful boycotted a debate ahead of the Iowa caucuses, instead holding a fundraiser in the Hawkeye State for veterans. The GOP candidate boasted that he’d raised $6 million for vets, and he’d contributed $1 million out of his own pocket.

The trouble, however, started two weeks ago, when the Washington Post started asking what happened to the money. The newspaper found that Trump did not raise $6 million as he’d claimed, and making matters worse, though his campaign said Trump had already made a $1 million contribution, that turned out not to be true, either.
    The AP reported yesterday, for example, “Phone calls to all 41 of the groups by The Associated Press brought more than two-dozen responses Tuesday. About half reported checks from Trump within the past week, typically dated May 24, the day The Washington Post published a story questioning whether he had distributed all of the money.”

In other words, four months after his big fundraiser, where Trump touted a tally that turned out to be untrue, Trump only started cutting checks to a variety of groups after the Washington Post published a story that made the candidate look awful.
    So where does that leave us? Trump said he’d raised $6 million for veterans, but that wasn’t true. He later claimed he never used the $6 million figure, but that wasn’t true. His campaign insisted Trump had contributed $1 million himself, but that wasn’t true. Trump said he “didn’t want to have credit” for the fundraising efforts, but that wasn’t true. He said he and his team were vetting groups they’d never heard of four months after the fact, but that wasn’t true.

And as of yesterday, all of this, the Republican candidate insisted, is the media’s fault. Indeed, Trump thinks journalists should be “ashamed” of themselves for scrutinizing his claims that turned out to be wrong.
    Maybe he was (and is) too busy to do it right now.

So why you posting about it you smelly communist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowlesy View Post
    Americans in general are jedi masters of blaming every other person.

Cut it out Zippy. You only care about spending when it is somehing or someone you don't like. The President is to be protected. Another guy slipped through the fence today. What do you think should be done about it?
    #NashvilleStrong

Cut it out Zippy. You only care about spending when it is somehing or someone you don't like. The President is to be protected. Another guy slipped through the fence today. What do you think should be done about it?
    1) travel expenses are not the same thing. The president has security costs no matter where he is. He is actually safer in the White House if that is what you are worried about.

2) how close did the guy actually get?

zippy just sore for losing with communist hillary. fake american.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowlesy View Post
    Americans in general are jedi masters of blaming every other person.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Secret Service laptop containing Trump Tower evacuation and floor plans stolen
    By Shimon Prokupecz, CNN
    Updated 7:26 PM ET, Sat March 18, 2017

Laptop theft is latest Secret Service mishap

(CNN)A laptop with highly sensitive information was stolen from a Secret Service agent's car Thursday morning in Brooklyn and has not been found, according to two senior New York law enforcement officials.

The officials said the laptop, which was highly encrypted and contained floor plans and evacuation protocol for Trump Tower, cannot be traced or erased by officials remotely, leaving the information at risk of being discovered.

The agent described the incident as a compromise of national security, according to one of the officials.

Also stolen were the agent's lapel assignment pins that gave her access to security details that protected Hillary Clinton, Donald Trump, the pope and the United Nations General Assembly.

The laptop and pins were in a backpack that was taken from the car, which was parked in the agent's driveway.

The backpack has since been found, but not the laptop.

Secret Service spokeswoman Cathy Milhoan confirmed that the laptop had been stolen and that an investigation is underway.

"Secret Service-issued laptops contain multiple layers of security, including full disk encryption, and are not permitted to contain classified information. An investigation is ongoing and the Secret Service is withholding additional comment until the facts are gathered," Milhoan said. "The Secret Service requests anyone with information regarding this crime to please contact the New York Police Department and the US Secret Service New York Field Office."
    http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/17/politi...top/index.html
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Banned

Blog Entries
    How is this related to the topic of the thread, spambot?

1 person in custody after driver makes bomb claim at WH: report
    BY THE HILL STAFF - 03/19/17 01:30 AM EDT 63

One person was in custody after a car drove up to a White House checkpoint late Saturday and the driver claimed to have a bomb in the vehicle, CNN reported.

There wasn't any immediate confirmation that a device was in the car, but the vehicle was being checked, CNN reported citing law enforcement sources.

CNN said there didn't appear to be an imminent threat. Streets around the White House were closed immediately following the incident.

The report followed another incident earlier Saturday when a man was detained after jumping a pedestrian barrier near the White House.
    http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...m-at-wh-report
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Did you peep about it?
    Yes.

All presidents spend money on travel- Obama was not the greatest spender on "vacations"; Bush was far greater.
    Yes, I already alluded to that.
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesiv1 View Post
    that's unusual lol

Yeah, I thought some of Mad TV was pretty funny stuff.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

On my dime, it is neither state business nor okay.
    I would think that same standard should apply to Trump and co,.
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

I would think that same standard should apply to Trump and co,.

I would think the same standard should apply to you as the people on whom you constantly pounce.

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    There's a lot of really bad things that I remember under Obama's term. The national debt doubled, health care was partially nationalized, higher income earners were constantly threatened, the IRS targeted opposing political groups, members of the Black Panthers were not penalized for flagrantly intimidating voters. So far nothing Trump has done even remotely comes close to any of those things that happened under Obama's term.

That's not to say he won't screw up. In fact I'm expecting he will. But let's keep things in perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post
    There's a lot of really bad things that I remember under Obama's term. The national debt doubled, health care was partially nationalized, higher income earners were constantly threatened, the IRS targeted opposing political groups, members of the Black Panthers were not penalized for flagrantly intimidating voters. So far nothing Trump has done even remotely comes close to any of those things that happened under Obama's term.

That's not to say he won't screw up. In fact I'm expecting he will. But let's keep things in perspective.

Yep. Ask the average person about Obama's scandals, and you'll probably get a blank stare. But he's scandal free!, they'll say. The media mostly gave him a free pass. I rarely--if ever--saw comedians even joking about him.

Here's a short list:

ACA
    Behghazi
    Solyndra
    NSA spying
    IRS scandal
    Fast and Furious

What a piece of crap.

Update:

White House bomb threat suspect believed he spoke telepathically with Trump
    BY REBECCA SAVRANSKY - 03/20/17 07:21 PM EDT 1

The man arrested last weekend after claiming to have a bomb in his car at a White House checkpoint reportedly believes he spoke telepathically to President Trump.

Sean Patrick Keoughan, 29, was arrested after driving up to a White House checkpoint late Saturday and telling security officials he had a bomb in the vehicle. Later, he said: "This is a test."

Keoughan reportedly said he was telepathically summoned to meet with the president, The Washington Times reported.

He told law law enforcement when being questioned that he "had a very large, heavy bag in the trunk of his car with an asteroid in it," according to the affidavit.

“According to Keoughan, the communication occurs through a process called ‘Think Talk,’ which is a process that occurs in his mind and allows him to communicate with high-level officials such as President Trump, the Secret Service, and Delta Force,” Secret Service Agent Jason Verdejo wrote in the sworn affidavit.

“Keoughan told agents that the asteroid was made of the heaviest metal known to man, and he stated that he obtained it from his father through a ‘wormhole.'"

Keoughan was charged with making a false bomb threat and unauthorized use of a vehicle. He was ordered by a judge Monday to get a mental competency exam.

Keoughan went up to the White House checkpoint twice on the night he was arrested. He first told security he was supposed to meet with the president. The second time he approached the checkpoint, he claimed to have a bomb.

He told law enforcement he was a "peaceful hippie" who doesn't have weapons and wasn't looking to hurt anyone.

The arrest comes after another incident earlier this month when a man, identified as Jonathan Tran, was able to jump over three difference fences around the White House.

He was able to jump one of the fences in part because Secret Service took down alarm sensors on the area of one fence he scaled, according to The Washington Examiner.

The alarm sensors had been removed along an area of fence line after increasing the height of the barrier. The move was taken following other attempts to jump the fence.
    http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...ieved-he-spoke

So user RonPaulGeorge&Ringo (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/member....orge-amp-Ringo) negged me for this and called it "picture spam." I am reposting so his butt is even more hurt. lol

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Maybe he was (and is) too busy to do it right now.
    The press secretary was asked a few days ago and he stated the salary would be donated at the end of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea View Post
    The press secretary was asked a few days ago and he stated the salary would be donated at the end of the year.
    By which time people will have forgotten his pledge- and perhaps he will too. He forgot about his donations for the veterans he promised to make until journalists checked on it and reminded him. He has already been getting paychecks.

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/dona...s-sean-n732931

Following MSNBC's report over questions about whether President Donald Trump has donated his paycheck, Press Secretary Sean Spicer asserted during a White House briefing Monday, "the president's intention right now is to donate his salary at the end of the year."

On Sunday evening, MSNBC's legal unit reported that it had sent a letter to the White House, the Treasury Department and Office of Personnel Management requesting details about whether Trump received his first February paycheck and if he had donated the money to charity or to the Treasury Department, as promised.

All declined to say whether Trump has donated any of his salary to date. (OPM referred questions to the White House.)

Federal law mandates the president receive a $400,000 annual salary, paid out once a month. Under the law, Trump would have received his first monthly paycheck for $33,333 on Feb. 20, and another $33,333 on March 20.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 03-21-2017 at 12:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post

On Sunday evening, MSNBC's legal unit reported that it had sent a letter to the White House, the Treasury Department and Office of Personnel Management requesting details about whether Trump received his first February paycheck and if he had donated the money to charity or to the Treasury Department, as promised.

I looked up the letter. It was sent March 8. They asked for a response by March 10:

Again, I look forward to your answers by Friday, March 10. Please feel free to write, email or call anytime to discuss this matter.

Sincerely,

Ari Melber MSNBC Chief Legal Correspondent

https://www.scribd.com/document/3416...Monthly-Salary

So they sent a letter March 8. It would probably get to the White House March 9 or 10, the very same day they demand an answer. I guess these special snowflakes need a lesson in how mail is first sorted, routed, delivered, read by recipient, and acted upon.

I guess the snowflakes also need a lesson in how they are not special, even though that self-esteem program they got taught in school says that they can demand things just like an infant and everyone will immediately stop to meet their needs.

Quote Originally Posted by anaconda View Post
    Are there any good comebacks against Trump-hating bloggers on this issue?

https://thinkprogress.org/trump-mar-...97a#.mi8ngh17x

And the security costs for Melania living offsite?

http://www.snopes.com/melania-trump-nyc-costs/

This is a perfect example of the answers not mattering if they can get you to ask the wrong questions.

"Which should we prefer between ''Meals on Wheels' and "Melania Trump not living in D.C.'?" is the wrong question.

The right question is "Where the $#@! do any of you $#@!s get off forcing me to pay for either one of those things if I don't want to?"
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by unknown View Post
    The problem is that very few people/groups/organizations are consistent with regards to their criticism.

Principles (assuming they exist) are selectively applied.

Before it was hijacked into an anti-Obama group, Ron Paul's Tea Party formed as a movement whose primary concern was with the GOP because the GOP was no longer adhering to its stated principles.

Thinkprogress is not wrong in their criticism but these people are hardly fiscal conservatives.
    Thank you!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123