Thread: Tom Cotton Doesn't Get It

Tom Cotton Doesn't Get It

As with so many others in Congress, Tom Cotton appears not to get the most basic sense about the Obamacare debacle. As with basically all the rest of Congress, he seems not to understand the grave and traitorous flaw in "repeal AND REPLACE". The assumption of "replace" appears to be so deeply tacit with these people, as well as with millions of Americans, they are not even able to question it. There is no other universe for these who marinate in their vile and base ignorance.

I question whether there is any real point in going through this apparently futile and inevitably fruitless exercise in allowing Congress the latitude and credence of drafting legislation that will wholly miss the point. "Start over on healthcare". We never should have started in the first place. These people are idiots. They are corrupt. We should be ignoring them, or killing them, depending on how they respond to the ignoring.

I say choose: fight or lay down. I suspect we will do the latter.

OTOH, how does one massively disobey this sort of thing?

Looks like my head hurts once again.

Sen. Tom Cotton to House Republicans: ‘Start Over’ on Health Care

Justin Sullivan/Getty

by MATTHEW BOYLE9 Mar 2017Washington, D.C. 3,992
    [/FONT][/COLOR]

The strong words from Cotton–including the comparison of the process that Ryan has been pushing to the efforts now House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi used to push Obamacare through back when she was Speaker–come as Ryan has lost considerable support inside the Republican Party when it comes to this legislation.
    Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) has been leading an effort along with Sens. Mike Lee (R-UT) and Ted Cruz (R-TX) and the House Freedom Caucus to get Republicans to rethink how they handle this rather rushing through what amounts to Obamacare 2.0. The bill from Ryan keeps the individual mandate but tweaks it so the government no longer collects a tax from those who do not purchase health insurance but insurance companies–with government backing for enforcement–collect a fee from those who do not purchase health insurance.

In addition, the bill keeps the Obamacare Cadillac Tax indefinitely and does not phase out other Obamacare taxes for some time after 2017, and also allows for illegal aliens to access Medicaid expansion funds in states–all while not effectively rolling back the Medicaid expansion, most expert groups say. That’s all on top of the fact that Ryan’s bill does not actually repeal Obamacare, it just amends it slightly–while keeping the same structures that the previous president’s landmark healthcare legislation put in place in the insurance universe.
    As Breitbart News has reported, many Republicans party-wide–including House members not in the House Freedom Caucus and Senators from across the party like Sen. Susan Collins (R-ME) who says the bill is dead on arrival in the Senate–are lining up against the bill. As many as 70 or more House Republicans, multiple House GOP aides say, are currently against the legislation and want leadership to as Cotton says “start over.”
    It remains to be seen what will happen next, but spokespersons for Ryan and for House Ways and Means Committee chair Rep. Kevin Brady (R-TX)–another driving force behind the bill–have not responded to requests for comment in response to Cotton’s call for them to “start over” on healthcare.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    OTOH, how does one massively disobey this sort of thing?
    You stop paying tribute until they put you behind bars. I won't surrender to this dictate any more than I did the last, most people won't go there. I get it.
    Last edited by Origanalist; 03-16-2017 at 10:41 PM.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    You stop paying tribute until they put you behind bars. I won't surrender to this dictate any more than I did the last, most people won't go there. I get it.
    ^^^ and there you have it. +rep.

His a younger clone of McCain lite.

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    We should be ignoring them, or killing them, depending on how they respond to the ignoring.
    Why would you say such an absurd thing?
    Red: the blood of angry men
    Black: the dark of ages past
    Red: a world about to dawn
    Black: the night that ends at last!

Quote Originally Posted by Restore America Now View Post
    I think he expects to be defending himself
    Originally Posted by osan
    We should be ignoring them, or killing them, depending on how they respond to the ignoring.

Quote Originally Posted by Restore America Now View Post
    Do you think ignoring Themme carries no risk or cost? If Americans began doing it in proportions to give Themme pause, what exactly do you think Theire response would be? Lay down, give up, and go away?

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    His a younger clone of McCain lite.
    All that matters to McCain and Cotton is "bomb bomb bomb....bomb bomb Iran...."
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Ditto. I don't have "Obamacare" and I never will. $#@! that and $#@! them.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Origanalist again.

(And the same goes for whatever bull$#@! the Republicans might "replace" Obamacare with ...)

Do you think ignoring Themme carries no risk or cost? If Americans began doing it in proportions to give Themme pause, what exactly do you think Theire response would be? Lay down, give up, and go away?
    Maybe. Maybe not.

It would depend on a wide variety of other factors - including (but not limited to) the number of torches, pitchforks, barrels of tar, and bags of feathers outside Theire doors ...

But if Americans did indeed begin "doing it in proportions to give Themme pause," then what might those Americans' responses be if Theye pressed the matter further (instead of laying down, giving up and going away)?

IOW: If we presuppose (even if only for the sake of argument) a sufficient degree of opposition to Themme to "give Themme pause," then is it really unreasonable to also suppose that Theire lack of pause would engender further (and possibly escalated) opposition to Themme?

Neither revolution nor reaction occurs ex nihilo (if and when it occurs at all) ...
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Ditto. I don't have "Obamacare" and I never will. $#@! that and $#@! them.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Origanalist again.

(And the same goes for whatever bull$#@! the Republicans might "replace" Obamacare with ...)

Maybe. Maybe not.

It would depend on a wide variety of other factors - including (but not limited to) the number of torches, pitchforks, barrels of tar, and bags of feathers outside Theire doors ...

But if Americans did indeed begin "doing it in proportions to give Themme pause," then what might those Americans' responses be if Theye pressed the matter further (instead of laying down, giving up and going away)?

IOW: If we presuppose (even if only for the sake of argument) a sufficient degree of opposition to Themme to "give Themme pause," then is it really unreasonable to also suppose that Theire lack of pause would engender further (and possibly escalated) opposition to Themme?

Neither revolution nor reaction occurs ex nihilo (if and when it occurs at all) ...
    Seems I have once again failed to make clear my point. I agree with all you write, but the point is that given the risks, how likely is this person, for example, to make a stand?

I don't know if we have what it takes even to be good slaves anymore, much less anything better.

Seems I have once again failed to make clear my point. I agree with all you write, but the point is that given the risks, how likely is this person, for example, to make a stand?
    That person? Not likely at all. But that person is irrelevant to the question you asked.

You explicitly prefaced your question with the conditional, "If Americans began doing it [i.e., "making a stand" by ignoring or disobeying Themme] in proportions to give Themme pause [...]"

As I noted, this presupposes (if only for the sake of argument) the existence of a sufficient "proportion to give Themme pause" - in which case, as I addressed in my reply, whether Theye will "lay down, give up, and go away" is contingent upon many factors.

One historical instance (in which Theye did not "lay down") gave us the bloodiest war in American history (the so-called "Civil War"). Another instance (in which Theye essentially did "lay down") gave us the nearly bloodless collapse of one of the most horrific tyrannies in human history (the Soviet Union).[1]

But if instead you meant to ask, "Is there in America at present a sufficient proportion to satisfy the conditional?" then I think the answer is clearly, "No. Not at present" (more's the pity).

That, however, is a different question.

[1] In his essay Discourse on Voluntary Servitude, Étienne de La Boétie has much of interest to say on such issues ...

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    That person? Not likely at all. But that person is irrelevant to the question you asked.

You explicitly prefaced your question with the conditional, "If Americans began doing it [i.e., "making a stand" by ignoring or disobeying Themme] in proportions to give Themme pause [...]"

As I noted, this presupposes (if only for the sake of argument) the existence of a sufficient "proportion to give Themme pause" - in which case, as I addressed in my reply, whether Theye will "lay down, give up, and go away" is contingent upon many factors.

One historical instance (in which Theye did not "lay down") gave us the bloodiest war in American history (the so-called "Civil War"). Another instance (in which Theye essentially did "lay down") gave us the nearly bloodless collapse of one of the most horrific tyrannies in human history (the Soviet Union).[1]

But if instead you meant to ask, "Is there in America at present a sufficient proportion to satisfy the conditional?" then I think the answer is clearly, "No. Not at present" (more's the pity).

That, however, is a different question.

[1] In his essay Discourse on Voluntary Servitude, Étienne de La Boétie has much of interest to say on such issues ...

Good point(s).