Thread: Thomas Massie's Unified Theory of Ron Paul, Rand Paul, and Donald Trump

Thomas Massie's Unified Theory of Ron Paul, Rand Paul, and Donald Trump

"They weren't voting for libertarian ideas—they were voting for the craziest son of a bitch in the race."

How does a voter go from supporting a relatively libertarian Republican to enthusiastically backing Donald Trump? Thomas Massie, a Kentucky congressman widely seen as one of the House's more libertarian members, offers a theory to the Washington Examiner:

"I went to Iowa twice and came back with [Ron Paul]. I was with him at every event for the last three days in Iowa," Massie said. "From what I observed, not just in Iowa but also in Kentucky, up close with individuals, was that the people that voted for me in Kentucky, and the people who had voted for [Ron] Paul in Iowa several years before, were now voting for Trump. In fact, the people that voted for Rand in a primary in Kentucky were preferring Trump."

"All this time," Massie explained, "I thought they were voting for libertarian Republicans. But after some soul searching I realized when they voted for Rand and Ron and me in these primaries, they weren't voting for libertarian ideas—they were voting for the craziest son of a bitch in the race. And Donald Trump won best in class, as we had up until he came along."

I should note that Massie himself wound up endorsing Trump over Clinton, though not exactly enthusiastically. "I think you're more likely to get change," he said last August. "I don't know if it's gonna be a good change, but you gotta break eggs to make an omelette." I suppose that's not so far from saying Trump was the craziest son of a bitch in the race.
    http://reason.com/blog/2017/03/15/th...ory-of-ron-pau

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Well $#@!, maybe I'll run...........

The situation not just in the USA but Europe and else where is by me similar to the one before the French revolution. The same "political royalty" has been ruling together for a long time and behaving towards each other as they are really nobility. Well the peasants want blood. This is why I think that Rand should not have let Mccain just walk over him as he did, accuse him that he informed on his comrades while being captured, say that he left his dying wife to marry for money and when the priests/press ask for you to apologize for speaking in that manner to royalty ,double down and say something like having proof that Mccain has meet with Bagdadi so he should be tried for treason and should hang. If a CNN reporter gives you troubles call them a CIA front.Never back down always escalate.

See what that does for Rands popularity.
    Last edited by Demigod; 03-16-2017 at 07:52 AM.

Trump is the best thing to happen to Rand Paul. Will make Rand a fighter.. if Rand can let his ego break and reconstruct it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mordan View Post
    Trump is the best thing to happen to Rand Paul. Will make Rand a fighter.. if Rand can let his ego break and reconstruct it.
    Rand is already a fighter. He got that from his father.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    Rand is already a fighter. He got that from his father.
    Trump is a master fighter. A Peaceful Warrior gone mad

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Well $#@!, maybe I'll run...........
    Have I got a VP pick for you...

Fawning like a little girl still eh?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Fawning like a little girl still eh?

His personal Vietnam was hell.
    "The Patriarch"

Unfortunately he could have phrased that a little better lol
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

So this guy thinks Ron Paul is a crazy son of a b1tch? What is up with this guy?

Most Paul voters are pro-peace and don't want nuclear war with Russia. It's no mystery why Paul voters went to Trump over all the warmongers in the GOP field.

What has Massie said about this new Cold War that the military-industrial complex is trying to start with Russia?

Thomas, in case you read this, it isn't that they're going with the craziest - the people are going for anyone who sings the loudest contrarian tune.

Paul, Sanders, Trump... You.

You're all telling the people something they already feel: they're government is not working in their interests. That message speaks to people in strife. It tells them that their problems aren't their fault. Certainly, Trump took it to the extreme. Blaming politicians, media, brown people, foreigners... But even Bernie capitalized on the same sentiments.

The difference between you and the Pauls, and Trump/Sanders, is that you guys have the right answers.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

maybe I'll run...........
    Run, Tod, Run!

Quote Originally Posted by helmuth_hubener View Post
    Run, Tod, Run!

This goes to all of the people that thought that if only Rand copied his father, then he would get the same results or better in 2016.

People just wanted the craziest son of a bitch, according to Massie...

And no matter what Rand did, he wouldn't be crazier than Trump.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Unfortunately he could have phrased that a little better lol
    I really don't know how...
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    His personal Vietnam was hell.
    Yeah, dodging those STDs much have been rough.

Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post
    This goes to all of the people that thought that if only Rand copied his father, then he would get the same results or better in 2016.

People just wanted the craziest son of a bitch, according to Massie...

Too bad the libertarians didn't nominate Mcaffe, they might have had a chance at the damn race.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Too bad the libertarians didn't nominate Mcaffe, they might have had a chance at the damn race.
    McAfffe was my choice for LP. For exactly this reason.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    McAfffe was my choice for LP. For exactly this reason.
    Ya, Donald Trump was only crazy enough for the establishment to make up stories about hookers peeing on a bed.

McAfee, on the other hand, that $#@!er was crazy enough for the establishment to make up stories about girls pooping on his face through a hole in a hammock.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Ya, Donald Trump was only crazy enough for the establishment to make up stories about hookers peeing on a bed.

McAfee, on the other hand, that $#@!er was crazy enough for the establishment to make up stories about girls pooping on his face through a hole in a hammock.
    Exactly!

Just as you said: only Trump was ever going to be Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Thomas, in case you read this, it isn't that they're going with the craziest - the people are going for anyone who sings the loudest contrarian tune.

Paul, Sanders, Trump... You.
    Bingo. That is how he could have better phrased it.
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Exactly why Rand had no chance of getting elected this cycle with Trump in the race. Still not an excuse for doing as poorly as he did though.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Massie
    they were voting for the craziest son of a bitch in the race.
    The craziest according to who? I think Ron's ideas were the closest to my own about government. The less the better. GWB jr campaigned on a very similar platform to Ron except Ron added that drugs should be legal. I did not believe Jr but I believe Ron and I think a lot of others do too.

I am convinced Trump is probably better than Hillary. Not by much granted. Hillary just seems too reptilian, Illuminati, nwo for me. Trump seems more human

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulGeorge&Ringo View Post
    So this guy thinks Ron Paul is a crazy son of a b1tch? What is up with this guy?

Most Paul voters are pro-peace and don't want nuclear war with Russia. It's no mystery why Paul voters went to Trump over all the warmongers in the GOP field.

What has Massie said about this new Cold War that the military-industrial complex is trying to start with Russia?

[IMG] [/QUOTE][/IMG]
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members