Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rand: Let’s ‘Smash’ Paul Ryan’s Obamacare Lite ‘to Smithereens’

Rand: Let’s ‘Smash’ Paul Ryan’s Obamacare Lite ‘to Smithereens’

Exclusive — Rand Paul: Let’s ‘Smash’ Paul Ryan’s Obamacare Lite ‘to Smithereens’
    http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...o-smithereens/

by SEN. RAND PAUL (R-KY)15 Mar 2017
    Look, I’m a “glass is half full” kind of guy. You have to be. I try to stay positive. I try to keep thinking maybe, maybe someday CONGRESS will remember the vision of our Founding Fathers … and that those we elect will represent us, not the special interests.

But Washington politicians are so far gone that the Constitution is not even an afterthought, and their master seems to be whatever industry funds them.

It doesn’t have to be this way. We just had an election about change, about draining the swamp. President Trump promised to be different, and I believe he sincerely wants to be. But he is being taken for a ride through the swamp right now on “Obamacare Lite.”

For four STRAIGHT elections, REPUBLICANS ran on repealing Obamacare, and now “Republican orthodoxy” — I’m told — is keeping insurance subsidies, mandates, taxes, and insurance company bailouts.

That’s not acceptable to me. And it isn’t keeping our promise.

Though I want to believe the glass is half full, I am tempted, very tempted, to smash a glass half full of Obamacare Lite — smash that glass to smithereens!

When did Republicans begin to believe that insurance companies should be put on the dole? That they should be bailed out when any of their customers become sick?

When did Republicans begin to believe that the federal government should force you to pay a penalty to a private insurance company if you can’t afford insurance?

When did Republicans begin to believe that we should levy a special tax penalty on those who choose to buy really good health insurance?

The current Ryan Plan — “Obamacare Lite” — is not about patients. It isn’t about better health care. It isn’t about lowering costs.

It is, plain and simple, about getting more money to the insurance companies and running more of your life from Washington.

I am a career physician. I spent years training and learning to be a doctor. I did it for patients. I don’t give a flip about guaranteeing the profits of insurance companies. And as a Senator, I shouldn’t, either.

But in Washington, somehow, the whole debate seems to be about getting people insurance instead of getting people health care.

Insurance doesn’t equate to health care. Just ask all the Obamacare recipients with $6,000 deductibles.

I’m sick of the insurance companies putting me on hold and telling me to talk to their representative in a foreign country. Screw that.

I’m sick of the government telling me I have to buy their crappy product, and I’m sick of watching us go into more and more debt to do it.

We need a new way, and Obamacare Lite isn’t it.

I want the consumer (aka patient) to be king. I want to empower the patient to get the health care they want at the price they want.

I want to let every American be able to join a co-op to buy their health care. When that happens, the buying power returns to the patients.

Instead of patients having to kiss the boots of insurance company executives, my plan would have insurance executives come on bended knee to the patient.

The patient would be king.

The patient, as part of a large buying group, would be able to negotiate lower prices and a policy where you can’t be dropped or ripped off if you become sick. The patient would be able to purchase exactly the type of coverage that suited her needs, without government mandates telling her what she must buy.

ObamaCare forced every American to purchase a policy that included Pediatric Dental, whether you had children under eighteen or not. Is that freedom of choice? Why should you have to pay for something you cannot use? Good for the insurance industry, but bad for patients.

As a physician and as a patient, I hate Obamacare. Obamacare jacked up insurance rates and created insurance monopolies.

But the answer is not replacing the government mandate with an insurance mandate, which is exactly what Obamacare Lite does.

I don’t feel any less manipulated by being forced to pay the insurance company a penalty instead of the government.

I want the patient to be king. If you want to disrupt the apple cart, if you want to take away the monopoly power of insurance companies, do one thing — allow every individual in America to join a co-op, to join a buying group, to join an association health plan.

The insurance CEOs hate the idea — which should be enough to tell you it might just empower the patient.

So if you hated Obamacare and don’t care much for Ryan’s Obamacare Lite, maybe you ought to consider telling them all to take a hike and give you the option of joining a co-op. Give you the option of buying across state lines. Give you the option of having a YUGE Health Savings Account so you can spend your money how you want. I challenge the media to compare the price of LASIK surgery, contact lenses, and orthodontics in the last twenty years — prices come down when patients make decisions about what they are buying.

While I am a “glass is half full” kind of guy, I also would love to give the middle finger to the man that profits off of government bailouts and forces his or her monopoly Brand of insurance schemes on an often worried and defenseless public.

Just say no to Obamacare, to Obamacare Lite, and to any scheme to enrich the insurance cartel.

(It's racking up comments a mile a minute!)
    (At the top of the front page right now @ 2PM)
    Last edited by Valli6; 03-15-2017 at 12:00 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Jan2017

Just say no to Obamacare, to Obamacare Lite, and to any scheme to enrich the insurance cartel.
    Like the idea . . .

Ryancare is alot of hugging to Obamacare
    Last edited by Jan2017; 03-15-2017 at 12:22 PM.

Wow rand is getting massive organic positive response. Over 25 comments in less than 2 minutes when I posted my own.

This makes me giddy
    No - No - No - No

Quote Originally Posted by asurfaholic View Post
    Wow rand is getting massive organic positive response. Over 25 comments in less than 2 minutes when I posted my own.

This makes me giddy
    LOL. My favorite comment so far.

Mindcraft > imlifelike • 4 hours ago

If Trump decides to run again, we need to push hard to dump Pence and support Rand Paul for VP. He should have been Trump's VP. That would have been an awesome balanced combo.

CALL - this from Ken Cuccinelli If you really want Ryancare dead, make the calls.

"STOP RYANCARE
    Please urge these Republicans to oppose RyanCare, which fails to repeal Obamacare. Urge them to pass a clean repeal bill like they did in 2015 before the last election."

GOP REPRESENTATIVES
    Jim Banks (R-IN) – (202) 225-4436
    Ted Budd (R-NC) – (202) 225-4531
    Bill Flores (R-TX) – (202) 225-6105
    Jeb Hensarling (R-TX) – (202) 225-3484
    Barry Loudermilk (R-GA) – (202) 225-2931
    Tom McClintock (R-CA) – (202) 225-2511
    Alex Mooney (R-WV) – (202) 225-2711
    John Ratcliffe (R-TX) – (202) 225-6673
    Mark Walker (R-NC) – (202) 225-3065
    Roger Williams (R-TX) – (202) 225-9896

GOP SENATORS
    Tom Cotton (R-AR) – (202) 224-2353
    Ted Cruz (R-TX) – (202) 224-5922
    Joni Ernst (R-IA) – (202) 224-3254
    Deb Fischer (R-NE) – (202) 224-6551
    Ron Johnson (R-WI) – (202) 224-5323
    Mike Lee (R-UT) – (202) 224-5444
    Rand Paul (R-KY) – (202) 224-4343
    Marco Rubio (R-FL) – (202) 224-3041
    Ben Sasse (R-NE) – (202) 224-4224
    Pat Toomey (R-PA) – (202) 224-4254
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

"SHOTS FIRED!" Rand/Breitbart/Bannon Alliance: Let's Smash Paul Ryan's Obamacare-Lite

Can't wait for the Anti-Trumpers to tell me how Rand writing an amazing piece on Obamacare-Lite using Breitbart (the Bannon "Nationalist" Platform) is hurting the Liberty Movement.

Look, I’m a “glass is half full” kind of guy. You have to be. I try to stay positive. I try to keep thinking maybe, maybe someday CONGRESS will remember the vision of our Founding Fathers … and that those we elect will represent us, not the special interests.
    But Washington politicians are so far gone that the Constitution is not even an afterthought, and their master seems to be whatever industry funds them.

It doesn’t have to be this way. We just had an election about change, about draining the swamp. President Trump promised to be different, and I believe he sincerely wants to be. But he is being taken for a ride through the swamp right now on “Obamacare Lite.”

For four STRAIGHT elections, REPUBLICANS ran on repealing Obamacare, and now “Republican orthodoxy” — I’m told — is keeping insurance subsidies, mandates, taxes, and insurance company bailouts.

That’s not acceptable to me. And it isn’t keeping our promise.

Though I want to believe the glass is half full, I am tempted, very tempted, to smash a glass half full of Obamacare Lite — smash that glass to smithereens!

When did Republicans begin to believe that insurance companies should be put on the dole? That they should be bailed out when any of their customers become sick?

When did Republicans begin to believe that the federal government should force you to pay a penalty to a private insurance company if you can’t afford insurance?

When did Republicans begin to believe that we should levy a special tax penalty on those who choose to buy really good health insurance?

The current Ryan Plan — “Obamacare Lite” — is not about patients. It isn’t about better health care. It isn’t about lowering costs.

It is, plain and simple, about getting more money to the insurance companies and running more of your life from Washington.

I am a career physician. I spent years training and learning to be a doctor. I did it for patients. I don’t give a flip about guaranteeing the profits of insurance companies. And as a Senator, I shouldn’t, either.

But in Washington, somehow, the whole debate seems to be about getting people insurance instead of getting people health care.

Insurance doesn’t equate to health care. Just ask all the Obamacare recipients with $6,000 deductibles.

I’m sick of the insurance companies putting me on hold and telling me to talk to their representative in a foreign country. Screw that.

I’m sick of the government telling me I have to buy their crappy product, and I’m sick of watching us go into more and more debt to do it.

We need a new way, and Obamacare Lite isn’t it.

I want the consumer (aka patient) to be king. I want to empower the patient to get the health care they want at the price they want.

I want to let every American be able to join a co-op to buy their health care. When that happens, the buying power returns to the patients.

Instead of patients having to kiss the boots of insurance company executives, my plan would have insurance executives come on bended knee to the patient.

The patient would be king.

The patient, as part of a large buying group, would be able to negotiate lower prices and a policy where you can’t be dropped or ripped off if you become sick. The patient would be able to purchase exactly the type of coverage that suited her needs, without government mandates telling her what she must buy.

ObamaCare forced every American to purchase a policy that included Pediatric Dental, whether you had children under eighteen or not. Is that freedom of choice? Why should you have to pay for something you cannot use? Good for the insurance industry, but bad for patients.

As a physician and as a patient, I hate Obamacare. Obamacare jacked up insurance rates and created insurance monopolies.

But the answer is not replacing the government mandate with an insurance mandate, which is exactly what Obamacare Lite does.

I don’t feel any less manipulated by being forced to pay the insurance company a penalty instead of the government.

I want the patient to be king. If you want to disrupt the apple cart, if you want to take away the monopoly power of insurance companies, do one thing — allow every individual in America to join a co-op, to join a buying group, to join an association health plan.

The insurance CEOs hate the idea — which should be enough to tell you it might just empower the patient.

So if you hated Obamacare and don’t care much for Ryan’s Obamacare Lite, maybe you ought to consider telling them all to take a hike and give you the option of joining a co-op. Give you the option of buying across state lines. Give you the option of having a YUGE Health Savings Account so you can spend your money how you want. I challenge the media to compare the price of LASIK surgery, contact lenses, and orthodontics in the last twenty years — prices come down when patients make decisions about what they are buying.

While I am a “glass is half full” kind of guy, I also would love to give the middle finger to the man that profits off of government bailouts and forces his or her monopoly Brand of insurance schemes on an often worried and defenseless public.

Read the comments and tell me we are not winning.
    "If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." - Thomas Jefferson

"It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds" - Sam Adams

They're coming around?
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

President Trump should call for a special session of Congress to keep it in session until it finally repeals Obamacare.

Tell Congress to repeal Obamacare!

https://senateconservatives.rallycon...epealobamacare

http://www.nationalcouncilforfreedom...aspx?pid=sb04a

Quote Originally Posted by Valli6 View Post
    Exclusive — Rand Paul: Let’s ‘Smash’ Paul Ryan’s Obamacare Lite ‘to Smithereens’

by SEN. RAND PAUL (R-KY)15 Mar 2017

(It's racking up comments a mile a minute!)
    (At the top of the front page right now @ 2PM)
    Front page...
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    yes, let's.

Tuned in to some red team talk radio today. The host was interviewing somebody who was trying to defend Ryancare, especially this BS phased approach. Talk about your excuses.

Callers would have none of it, and it was good to hear.

Every time somebody said we should be passing a free market solution, the guy would agree and point to Obamacare, and then justify Obamacare lite. The caller was of course objecting to the Ryan plan, but the guest just spun spun spun.
    The bigger government gets, the smaller I wish it was.
    My new motto: More Love, Less Laws

Now that's the kind of rhetoric we need from the good guys. Let's win this!
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

This is the Rand people love, that esp. conservatives love! The Rand on Fire.

Rand is specifically using "Art of the Deal" tactics to promote negotiating for a full repeal and better replacement.

https://twitter.com/RandPaul/status/842167184772239360 (?! Can't get tweet to embed- photo of Rand in tux w/Trump quote)

03/15/2017
    Dressed in a tux and equipped with copies of “The Art of the Deal,” Paul said he and the House Freedom Caucus are fighting for a clean repeal with a separate bill featuring the replacement language. Paul applauded the White House for being open to negotiations, adding conservatives want to strike a compromise as well — but feel that will only happen if leadership is short on votes.

“You know, we’ve had a good meeting tonight with the Freedom Caucus, I brought copies of “The Art of the Deal” because I think we are in a pre-negotiation stage,” he said. “What I mean by that is that if that House bill continues to rumble through,and if there are enough votes there will not be meaningful negotiation.”

http://dailycaller.com/2017/03/15/ra...e-repeal-bill/
    Last edited by Valli6; 03-15-2017 at 11:01 PM.

https://twitter.com/RandPaul/status/842167184772239360
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/32...misleading-him

Ryan: Rand Paul 'insulting' Trump by suggesting GOP is misleading him

Why did he have to start the article with the word, "look"? Makes me not want to read the rest.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    Why did he have to start the article with the word, "look"? Makes me not want to read the rest.
    Look, the interesting thing is, is that that's his style.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulGeorge&Ringo View Post

They are sucking each other in the comments.

Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    Look, the interesting thing is, is that that's his style.
    Look, he is an eye doctor. Telling people to look is probably 2nd nature to him by now.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Look, he is an eye doctor. Telling people to look is probably 2nd nature to him by now.
    "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to specsaregood again."

Very good point.

Do you think he really wrote it though?

Jan2017

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulGeorge&Ringo View Post

Ryan sounds incoherrent and even says that Rand is "puzzling" in his remarks to Trump (video at link)- LOL

Paul Ryan accuses Rand Paul of 'insulting remark to the president'
    House Speaker Paul Ryan on Wednesday accused Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul of making "an insulting remark to the president"
    over the American Health Care Act's rollout this month.

Earlier Wednesday, Paul, a Republican, told CNN that Ryan, also a Republican, was
    selling Trump "a bill of goods that he didn't explain to the president that the grassroots doesn't want.
    "http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/pa...rticle/2617494

I don't get the signifigance of Rand wearing a tuxedo for this meeting.
    Is that something some motivational speakers are known to do? Anyone know?

https://twitter.com/ericawerner/stat...12272328802304

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Gotta love how Randal plays the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Valli6 View Post
    I don't get the signifigance of Rand wearing a tuxedo for this meeting.
    Is that something some motivational speakers are known to do? Anyone know?
    Showmanship?

"Tonight, watch in amazement as I make Obamacare disappear!"

Love it.

Last edited by georgiaboy; 03-16-2017 at 08:55 PM.
    The bigger government gets, the smaller I wish it was.
    My new motto: More Love, Less Laws

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post

https://twitter.com/RandPaul/status/842167184772239360
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to CPUd again.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Wow Rand is truly on another level.

But seriously though, don't think repeal will never happen. If Ryan gives the conservatives repeal, then that makes him seem weak grabbing his ankles for a 40 member caucus.

Ryan has modified a little bit but nowhere near close enough to satisfy The Randall.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post
    If Ryan gives the conservatives repeal, then that makes him seem weak grabbing his ankles for a 40 member caucus.
    Although it's not usually for a 40 member caucus, weak ankle grabbing is Ryan's specialty. It's how he got to be Speaker.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast