Thread: Justin Amash cries after missing 1st vote since taking office, report says

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Justin Amash cries after missing 1st vote since taking office, report says

http://www.mlive.com/news/index.ssf/...ash_cries.html

U.S. Rep. Justin Amash has bragged about his pristine voting record since taking office in 2011, but that streak came to an end in tears Friday, March 10.

Amash, R-Cascade Township, was talking with reporters, complaining about the Obamacare replacement bill when he missed the notice that a roll call had just closed, Politico reports.

The news outlet reports the Michigan Republican Congressman broke down in tears when he realized his streak of 4,289 made votes in a row had ended. Politico paints the picture of Amash rushing into the chambers, trying to cast his vote while realizing it had closed and being turned away by staff.

"Amash approached floor staff and leadership to see if they could either re-open the vote or call it again," Rachael Bade and Jennifer Haberkorn of Politico report. "Staff said there was no precedent for doing so. Amash hung his head low and was overcome with emotion, those on the floor told POLITICO."

To rub some salt in the wound, Arkansas Rep. Steve Womack touted his standing as having the longest running voting streak in the House at 4,294 votes.

"I have been sent to Washington by Third District Arkansans to make sure their voices are heard; voting is fundamental to that duty," Womack said in a news release posted to his website. "I am humbled by the opportunity to serve my constituents and thank God that no personal hardships have kept me from representing them on a single vote since taking office."

Amash, a frequent social media user, has only tweeted the below message since missing the vote:

Amash frequently shares his thoughts and explains each vote to his supporters on Facebook or Twitter.

Haley Byrd, a reporter with the Independent Journal, tweeted that Politico's article was "sensationalist" in saying Amash was "was upset, sure. It was a big deal for him. He didn't burst out sobbing, though."

A request for Amash's office to confirm or deny the Politico report has not been returned.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "I have been sent to Washington by Third District Arkansans to make sure their voices are heard; voting is fundamental to that duty," Womack said in a news release posted to his website. "I am humbled by the opportunity to serve my constituents and thank God that no personal hardships have kept me from representing them on a single vote since taking office."
    @TheTexan
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    Yep - Womack votes pretty hard. One of the best there is. I sent him (and Amash) a congratulation letter on their 2500th consecutive vote.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

A woman caused this.

Typical.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post

A woman caused this.
    Tempting him with promises of buttsex, no doubt.

Believe it or not, someone actually captured the moment just prior to his realization with a cell phone photo:

season-3-the-simpsons-3x13-xT5LMJhxtWgXmgwbZe
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Told ya he was a turncoat sellout statist! Now let's go make some anarchy!

:-P
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Don't worry Justin, we still love you!
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

I can't see why the media would create a fake story about him crying? what does this accomplish? what does it do? are they trying to make him seem like a bitch?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3