Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rand Paul: I Talk To Trump Twice A Week; He's Open To a Revised Bill

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Rand Paul: I Talk To Trump Twice A Week; He's Open To a Revised Bill

http://www.breitbart.com/radio/2017/...macare-repeal/

Kassam noted that the White House is making a push for the House bill on Paul’s home turf in Kentucky and asked if the situation had devolved into “all-out war” between Senator Paul and the executive branch.

“Actually, I think the president is very open to negotiation,” Paul replied. “I talked to him again last night by phone. I’ve talked to him twice a week, which is quite a bit for anybody to talk to the president that’s not in the administration.”

“I talked to him again last night. He said he’s open to negotiation, but I reiterated to him that Paul Ryan went on TV for 45 minutes yesterday with a press conference, and he said, ‘The response to this, the choices are binary.’ Well, binary means there are two choices: either we take it or leave it. Either we take Obamacare Lite or we get nothing. That isn’t sitting well with conservatives, and I promise you, the more we hear Paul Ryan say, ‘Take it or leave it,’ the less we’re willing to take it,” he said.
    Last edited by AuH20; 03-10-2017 at 02:26 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I feel like I'm living in the alternative universe in Star Trek.

What should we ask Rand to tell Trump?
    The more prohibitions you have,
    the less virtuous people will be.
    The more weapons you have,
    the less secure people will be.
    The more subsidies you have,
    the less self-reliant people will be.

Therefore the Master says:
    I let go of the law,
    and people become honest.
    I let go of economics,
    and people become prosperous.
    I let go of religion,
    and people become serene.
    I let go of all desire for the common good,
    and the good becomes common as grass.

-Tao Te Ching, Section 57

Quote Originally Posted by jonhowe View Post

Tell Trump he needs to tell Ryan and the American people, that Obambacarelite is D.O.A. if it hit's his desk.
    Last edited by phill4paul; 03-10-2017 at 02:26 PM.

Paul Ryan's collar must be getting hot right about now, thinking that he could control the false narrative.

tell him there are trump haters on RPF?....

Let the grownups work this out (Rand is the most grownup, second is Trump, then Trump supporters. Anti-Trump folks seem to be the most immature)
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Let the grownups work this out (Rand is the most grownup, second is Trump, then Trump supporters. Anti-Trump folks seem to be the most immature)
    Lol. So you are saying you are more mature because you support Trump. Damn that is some funny $#@!.

Ron is immature?
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    Ron is immature?
    Of course he is, silly. dannno says so, so it must be so.

Ron is immature?
    No, Ron is very mature, I just watched his interview on Alex Jones the other day where they were discussing Trump (interview was from about a month ago). Ron had a lot of great things to say about Trump, but was also a little skeptical, as am I.

But when the establishment comes out with a bunch of bull$#@! about Trump, like how the Russians hacked the DNC and were trying to hack our elections or something to get get Trump elected, Ron Paul calls them out.

What I see around here a lot is a bunch of knee-jerk reactionary bull$#@! and bootlicking of the establishment.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

No, Ron is very mature, I just watched his interview on Alex Jones the other day where they were discussing Trump (interview was from about a month ago). Ron had a lot of great things to say about Trump, but was also a little skeptical, as am I.

But when the establishment comes out with a bunch of bull$#@! about Trump, like how the Russians hacked the DNC and were trying to hack our elections or something to get get Trump elected, Ron Paul calls them out.

What I see around here a lot is a bunch of knee-jerk reactionary bull$#@! and bootlicking of the establishment.
    ?? Come on, Danno.... Ron Paul calling out the deep state is a far cry from supporting anything that Trump is doing! You're trying to make a correlation where none exists. I'm pretty sure most of us aren't getting caught up in the whole CNN Russia game... Most of us are ridiculing Trump for his statist policies. Exactly like Ron Paul is doing.

What I see is people who are giving Trump an incredible amount of leeway because they "hope" that, while he's supporting some big government BS and hiring plenty of neocons, he's somehow playing a game with them all.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Its starting to look like Obama care lite is going to be the rope that Ryan is going to use to hang himself.
    Last edited by seapilot; 03-10-2017 at 07:29 PM.
    USE THIS SITE TO LINK ARTICLES FROM OLIGARCH MEDIA:http://archive.is/ STARVE THE BEAST.
    More Government = Less Freedom
    Communism never disappeared it only changed its name to Social Democrat
    Emotion and Logic mix like oil and water

It's worth noting that Alex has been editing out Ron's criticism of Trump in some interviews to make him sound like more of a fan. Sad. But maybe the interview you heard was unedited I don't know.

The Russian stuff was obviously BS and a non issue to most of us. I don't see establishment bootlicking here, I see opposition to RyanCare which Trump has been pushing. I think its possible Rand can win the healthcare battle and I certainly hope he can convince Trump to help him kill Obamacare. But so far Trump has been on the wrong side of it.
    Last edited by William Tell; 03-10-2017 at 07:37 PM.
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    What I see is people who are giving Trump an incredible amount of leeway because they "hope" that, while he's supporting some big government BS and hiring plenty of neocons, he's somehow playing a game with them all.
    That's a pretty good observation.

That's a pretty good observation.
    But it's only your own HOPE!!! It's the fantasy that he's built for you!! He wrote a book about playing to your fantasies!! He's pissing down your back and you're thinking it's raining! lol

Health Care? big government
    Stimulus? big government
    Spending? big government
    Militarism? big government interventionist
    Police state? big government
    Federal agents? Spying? Cronyism? big government, big government, big government.

When will you learn?!
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    IMO as I stated in the Rand and Trump are friends thread is Rand Paul is trying to use his appeal with Trump supporters and his power in the Senate and allies in the house freedom caucus to influence Trump. I have no doubt Rand and Trump talk on the phone twice a week, but not as friends but more like a hostage negotiation, where Rand is threatening to go "nuclear" against the administration. There was a video saying something like that in an interview with Reason, where he said we have the people to stand up if everyone in the house freedom caucus stood up to the administration to get budget cuts and fix healthcare.

I'm pretty sure most of us aren't getting caught up in the whole CNN Russia game...
    The Russian stuff was obviously BS
    Good to hear, but did you ever ask yourself why the establishment pushed that narrative so hard? Why did they put their credibility on the line for it?

But it's only your own HOPE!!! It's the fantasy that he's built for you!! He wrote a book about playing to your fantasies!! He's pissing down your back and you're thinking it's raining! lol

Stimulus? big government
    Spending? big government
    Federal agents? Spying? Cronyism? big government, big government, big government.

When will you learn?!
    Most of that stuff was done under Obama, so there's precedent.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Stimulus? big government
    Spending? big government

When will you learn?!
    I would say Trump is small government on all those issues, compared to what we have now.

I would say Trump is small government on all those issues, compared to what we have now.
    I agree the Trump we have is defective, I want your small government Trump to be president.

"I watch Trump through a different filter. When I see Trump, I see a stand-up comedian. He connects with audiences in the same way, he knows how to make you laugh in a moment where you didn't think you would, he knows how to broach a topic in a way that no one normally can."-Trevor Noah
    Where do you buy your small government filter?

Seriously. Seek help. You are only seeing what you "hope" he is. He sold you on your own fantasy and you bought it. Perhaps, you'd like to look at his cabinet? His bombings and raids? His own friggin' words (not what you "imagined" he really meant).

Seriously. Seek help. You are only seeing what you "hope" he is. He sold you on your own fantasy and you bought it. Perhaps, you'd like to look at his cabinet? His bombings and raids? His own friggin' words (not what you "imagined" he really meant).
    His cabinet is the best cabinet we have seen in my life time, probably longer, and I think he is going to have by far the most peaceful foreign policy we have seen in at LEAST 16 years if not much, much longer.

That's not saying much, because the cabinets we have had and the foreign policy we have had to endure has been atrocious, but at least we are going in the right direction here and not slipping further into the pit.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    His cabinet is the best cabinet we have seen in my life time, probably longer, and I think he is going to have by far the most peaceful foreign policy we have seen in at LEAST 16 years if not much, much longer.

That's not saying much, because the cabinets we have had and the foreign policy we have had to endure has been atrocious, but at least we are going in the right direction here and not slipping further into the pit.
    increase in military spending, (read not defense) 400% increase in drone strikes, raising debt ceiling(soon..) advocating for industry bailouts (trumpcare) I think your high if you think this is the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    increase in military spending, (read not defense) 400% increase in drone strikes, raising debt ceiling(soon..) advocating for industry bailouts (trumpcare) I think your high if you think this is the right direction.
    I am high, but I don't think what you are portraying is the reality of the situation at all. Trump is helping to push Rand's bill forward, the drone strikes probably won't last more than a few months and won't be targeted at foreign nations, he will be destroying ISIS which is something we are sorta responsible for. I think are going to see some pretty good economic policies coming out of the Trump admin.

I mean, you're repeating CFR propaganda to get your point across, I think you need to step back and think for a minute about that.

I am high, but I don't think what you are portraying is the reality of the situation at all. Trump is helping to push Rand's bill forward, the drone strikes probably won't last more than a few months and won't be targeted at foreign nations, he will be destroying ISIS which is something we are sorta responsible for. I think are going to see some pretty good economic policies coming out of the Trump admin.

I mean, you're repeating CFR propaganda to get your point across, I think you need to step back and think for a minute about that.
    I mean, you're repeating TRUMP propaghanja to get your point across, ithink you need to stop reading the /r/thedonald and realize that it is an echo chamber the Trumpstablishment creates to promote ideas. You have people on here telling people to go there and leave this website because we aren't a safe space for your orange publican. Just look at this $#@!ings shillpost that was just posted.. Why do we have to $#@!ing talk aobut OBAMA or Clinton when Trump is the one in power right now, if Obama is a $#@!ing terrorist he should just drone him already and get it over with it would be constitutional and the right thing to $#@!ing do.

Yep, because there definitely aren't enough REAL, SERIOUS scandals involving HRC and Obama that we'd need to focus on baseless Russian claims. (i.redd.it)

submitted just now by ifixworkingtoasters to r/The_Donald

It's worth noting that Alex has been editing out Ron's criticism of Trump in some interviews to make him sound like more of a fan. Sad. But maybe the interview you heard was unedited I don't know.

The Russian stuff was obviously BS and a non issue to most of us. I don't see establishment bootlicking here, I see opposition to RyanCare which Trump has been pushing. I think its possible Rand can win the healthcare battle and I certainly hope he can convince Trump to help him kill Obamacare. But so far Trump has been on the wrong side of it.
    To dannno, anyone who criticizes The Orange One is a establishment bootlicker. It's $#@!ing pathetic how he tries to frame $#@!.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    ithink you need to stop reading the /r/thedonald
    I've really been meaning to go check that place out, but I haven't really been to reddit in years.

Things have been progressively better under Trump, but that doesn't necessarily mean the good luck will continue.

https://www.infowars.com/trumps-acco...first-50-days/

At some point, the neocons will make their move to rid themselves of Trump and install Pence. It's only a matter of time. With all the delegation that's filtered through Pence, it's going to boomerang right back and then the real games will begin. Right now, we're witnessing the feeling out 'detente' stage for both sides. Trump has an tentative agreement in place to get his campaign agenda passed, but you know and I know that this agreement is not binding for 1 party.
    Last edited by AuH20; 03-10-2017 at 10:10 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast