Thread: PHOTOS: Ron Paul at the Arizona Capitol to promote H.B. 2014

PHOTOS: Ron Paul at the Arizona Capitol to promote H.B. 2014

Yesterday I had the pleasure of traveling around with Ron Paul as he visited Arizona to promote H.B. 2014 in the state legislature. First, Dr. Paul spoke before the Senate Finance Committee, where the bill was passed onto the floor by a 4 to 3 vote. Second, he toured the Arizona House of Representatives and met Speaker Mesnard. Third, he spoke at a rally outside the Capitol where about 150+ people had showed up (at noon on a Wednesday). Fourth, he returned to the House where he was introduced by Rep. Mark Finchem before all of the State Representatives. You can find MANY more photos HERE.

I also photographed a fundraiser afterward, but kept the photos private as it was a private event. I'm not sure if the bill has been put before the full House/Senate yet, as I am not entirely familiar with state politics, but look out for news about H. B. 2014.

You can find more than 100 photos from the whole day here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/gagesk...57677714354284
    Last edited by Gage; 03-09-2017 at 11:23 PM.
    "We have nothing to fear except our own unwillingness to defend what is naturally ours, our God-given rights. We have nothing to fear that should cause us to forget or relinquish our rights as free men and women. To thrive, we must believe in ourselves again, and we must never, never trade our liberty for any fleeting promise of security." - Rand Paul

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So freaking awesome! He's a rock star!

By: Ron Paul

Audit the Fed is not the only focus of the growing anti-Fed movement. For example, this Wednesday the Arizona Senate Finance and Rules Committees will consider legislation (HB 2014) officially defining gold, silver, and other precious metals as legal tender. The bill also exempts transactions in precious metals from state capital gains taxes, thus ensuring that people are not punished by the taxman for rejecting Federal Reserve notes in favor of gold or silver. Since inflation increases the value of precious metals, these taxes give the government one more way to profit from the Federal Reserve's currency debasement.

HB 2014 is a very important and timely piece of legislation. The Federal Reserve's failure to reignite the economy with record-low interest rates since the last crash is a sign that we may soon see the dollar's collapse. It is therefore imperative that the law protect people's right to use alternatives to what may soon be virtually worthless Federal Reserve notes.
    Passage of HB 2014 would also send a message to Congress and the Trump administration that the anti-Fed movement is growing in influence. Thus, passage of this bill will not just strengthen movements in other states to pass similar legislation; it will also help build support for the Audit the Fed bill and legislation repealing federal legal tender laws.
    This Wednesday I will be in Arizona to help rally support for HB 2014, speaking on behalf of the bill before the Arizona Senate Finance Committee at 9:00 a.m. I will also be speaking at a rally at noon at the Arizona state capitol. I hope every supporter of sound money in the Phoenix area joins me to show their support for ending the Fed's money monopoly.
    More at the link below
    http://www.newsmax.com/RonPaul/arizo.../07/id/777336/
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    So freaking awesome! He's a rock star!
    Yes. Very appreciative that he chose to come to Arizona, he doesn't have to do any of this now that he is retired from Congress, but glad he is continuing the fight for liberty even in retirement.
    "We have nothing to fear except our own unwillingness to defend what is naturally ours, our God-given rights. We have nothing to fear that should cause us to forget or relinquish our rights as free men and women. To thrive, we must believe in ourselves again, and we must never, never trade our liberty for any fleeting promise of security." - Rand Paul

YAY! Great photos, as usual. Thank You!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    YAY! Great photos, as usual. Thank You!
    Thanks Suzanimal

Video of Dr. Ron Paul's day in Arizona

Thanks for the photos, Gage. Here's complete video of the entire hearing, plus some clips from Dr. Paul's speeches at the rally and the reception:

https://youtu.be/f3um5y9TzNA

There's an index on the youtube page that will let you jump to any part of the hour-long video. Here's what it has:

Dr. Ron Paul speaking at the Arizona Legislature on March 8, 2017 in support of HB2014. Entire committee hearing is included here, along with his introduction at the State House of Representative, and clips of Dr. Paul's speeches at the subsequent rally on the capitol lawn, and his speech at a reception later in the day.

0:00:00 Chatting before the hearing
    0:00:57 Committee called to order
    0:01:04 HB2014 is brought to the floor
    0:02:20 Representative Mark Finchem
    0:08:05 Dr. Ron Paul
    0:26:02 Dr. Keith Weiner
    0:32:37 F. Thomas Feidler
    0:34:42 Greg Shephard
    0:37:15 Douglas Ardt
    0:40:24 (Jerry Clingman)
    0:40:55 Tax Collector bureaucrat
    0:43:00 Committee chairman's comments and vote
    0:44:00 Rep. Finchem answers committee question
    0:45:48 Voting begins
    0:46:20 Committee Democrat seems unable to grasp the point of the bill, and actually states "you take all the talk about the value of money and everything else philosophically aside..." Apparently doesn't see "the value of money" as something important. Sees the whole bill as nothing but a "tax advantage for coin collectors"! And votes "No". At least he gave a reason. Irrelevant, but at least something. Other Democrats simply voted "No" with no questions, no discussion, no reason.
    0:49:00 Sen. Petersen supports sound money and votes yes.
    0:50:08 Bill passes, 4-3
    0:50:30 Dr. Ron Paul introduced in the House of Representatives
    0:51:38 Rally on capitol lawn (partial)
    0:55:25 Speech at reception (excerpts)

Thank you Dr. Paul !

what are the chances this passes?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse James View Post
    what are the chances this passes?
    This bill was passed by the AZ legislature for the past three years, and was vetoed by the governor each time. First two times by GOPe Jan Brewer, and last year by GOPe Doug Ducey. It is hoped that Dr. Paul's visit this time will bring some more publicity and pressure on the governor.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan View Post
    This bill was passed by the AZ legislature for the past three years, and was vetoed by the governor each time. First two times by GOPe Jan Brewer, and last year by GOPe Doug Ducey. It is hoped that Dr. Paul's visit this time will bring some more publicity and pressure on the governor.
    when did Arizona become a libertarian paradise? that's nuts.

Ducey has done some good things that have reduced regulations and allowed companies like Uber, self driving cars, micro-breweries, etc. to flourish. An improvement over Brewer who I believe vetoed this legislation until she got her way on Medicaid expansion, but I may be wrong.

Arizona is relatively free. The only problem is the police state mentality, traffic cameras, photo radar vehicles, tank, absurd drug laws, etc.

That and depending on where you're at, emission testing.

And their DUI laws.

In general people seem relatively receptive to liberty.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

It's not. Look at McCain and Flake. People here can be pretty stupid actually, but there are some positives. There is a nice libertarian-stripe to our madness here. Lots of Mormons too so usually when things happen in places like Utah (which already signed similar legislation into law) Arizona sometimes follows along.
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post
    Arizona is relatively free. The only problem is the police state mentality, traffic cameras, photo radar vehicles, tank, absurd drug laws, etc.

That and depending on where you're at, emission testing.

And their DUI laws.

In general people seem relatively receptive to liberty.
    I'm born and raised in AZ. There was huge support for Ron Paul when he ran, and Rand did relatively well here. The problem is too many retirees who want big government mixed with redneck 'muricans who want big government too.... there are some pretty nice pockets of libertarianism here though. Could and should be cultivated. Fertile ground, as it were.
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.

- Diogenes of Sinope

Quote Originally Posted by Gage View Post
    Ducey has done some good things that have reduced regulations and allowed companies like Uber, self driving cars, micro-breweries, etc. to flourish. An improvement over Brewer who I believe vetoed this legislation until she got her way on Medicaid expansion, but I may be wrong.
    Wish I could have been there. I was in Oakland at the time on business. We need a calendar of events to keep track! Wish I would have known about this sooner.

- Diogenes of Sinope

Quote Originally Posted by Gage View Post
    Yesterday I had the pleasure of traveling around with Ron Paul as he visited Arizona to promote H.B. 2014 in the state legislature. First, Dr. Paul spoke before the Senate Finance Committee, where the bill was passed onto the floor by a 4 to 3 vote. Second, he toured the Arizona House of Representatives and met Speaker Mesnard. Third, he spoke at a rally outside the Capitol where about 150+ people had showed up (at noon on a Wednesday). Fourth, he returned to the House where he was introduced by Rep. Mark Finchem before all of the State Representatives. You can find MANY more photos HERE.

The fourth form the bottom, the woman in the light blue blazer looks familiar. Do you know who she is?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    Wish I could have been there. I was in Oakland at the time on business. We need a calendar of events to keep track! Wish I would have known about this sooner.
    I wish he kept a real updated itinerary on his website. I would go to more speeches and such but I only find out he is nearby AFTER the fact.

I'm born and raised in AZ. There was huge support for Ron Paul when he ran, and Rand did relatively well here. The problem is too many retirees who want big government mixed with redneck 'muricans who want big government too.... there are some pretty nice pockets of libertarianism here though. Could and should be cultivated. Fertile ground, as it were.
    I've been to a few other states and Arizona has been the most hospitable to freedom.

Some cities I won't go through though. The amount of cameras is sickening. Not even at red lights either. Just random speed cameras.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by PierzStyx View Post
    I wish he kept a real updated itinerary on his website. I would go to more speeches and such but I only find out he is nearby AFTER the fact.
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...Updated-3-3-17
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan View Post
    Thanks for the photos, Gage. Here's complete video of the entire hearing, plus some clips from Dr. Paul's speeches at the rally and the reception:

https://youtu.be/f3um5y9TzNA

There's an index on the youtube page that will let you jump to any part of the hour-long video. Here's what it has:

Dr. Ron Paul speaking at the Arizona Legislature on March 8, 2017 in support of HB2014. Entire committee hearing is included here, along with his introduction at the State House of Representative, and clips of Dr. Paul's speeches at the subsequent rally on the capitol lawn, and his speech at a reception later in the day.

0:00:00 Chatting before the hearing
    0:00:57 Committee called to order
    0:01:04 HB2014 is brought to the floor
    0:02:20 Representative Mark Finchem
    0:08:05 Dr. Ron Paul
    0:26:02 Dr. Keith Weiner
    0:32:37 F. Thomas Feidler
    0:34:42 Greg Shephard
    0:37:15 Douglas Ardt
    0:40:24 (Jerry Clingman)
    0:40:55 Tax Collector bureaucrat
    0:43:00 Committee chairman's comments and vote
    0:44:00 Rep. Finchem answers committee question
    0:45:48 Voting begins
    0:46:20 Committee Democrat seems unable to grasp the point of the bill, and actually states "you take all the talk about the value of money and everything else philosophically aside..." Apparently doesn't see "the value of money" as something important. Sees the whole bill as nothing but a "tax advantage for coin collectors"! And votes "No". At least he gave a reason. Irrelevant, but at least something. Other Democrats simply voted "No" with no questions, no discussion, no reason.
    0:49:00 Sen. Petersen supports sound money and votes yes.
    0:50:08 Bill passes, 4-3
    0:50:30 Dr. Ron Paul introduced in the House of Representatives
    0:51:38 Rally on capitol lawn (partial)
    0:55:25 Speech at reception (excerpts)

Thank you Dr. Paul !
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.