Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Squishy Legislation Won’t Fool Voters: Ryancare Will Loom Over Trump 2020

Banned

Blog Entries
    Oh, and I really hope tort reform is enacted as well.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by UWDude View Post
    Ryancare does not allow interstate buying of healthplans, ("State Lines"), one of the biggest sticking points.
    It can't include it, just as I said.

Phase 2 and 3 implies that phase 1 is passed first. Again, 'you have to pass it before you can fix it.'

I suspect the tax credits are staying. You call it a subsidy, I call it tax relief, which is amazing, since the mandate was ruled a tax by the supreme court.
    They cannot be tax relief to people who pay no taxes. It is a new form of welfare.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Personally I like seeing how Trump is letting Paul Ryan (NEVERTRUMP) take a public beating over this to show what a failure he is. You watch...Ryan plan is not THE plan.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Step 3: Fix the bill you just passed.
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by PatriotOne View Post
    Personally I like seeing how Trump is letting Paul Ryan (NEVERTRUMP) take a public beating over this to show what a failure he is. You watch...Ryan plan is not THE plan.
    Trump can't write "the plan"- that is Congress's role. He can only suggest what he would like to see in the bill. They have to write and pass the legislation. (and the bill is pretty much what he said recently what he would like to see in the bill).

Fewer people insured will mean more people who have to rely on going to the emergency room for medical care (since they cannot be refused there)- clogging up emergency rooms for basic services and making healthcare cost more for everybody.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Fewer people insured will mean more people who have to rely on going to the emergency room for medical care (since they cannot be refused there)- clogging up emergency rooms for basic services and making healthcare cost more for everybody.
    That's just not completely true and you know it. Fewer people insured will mean more demand for access to healthcare that doesn't require insurance.

My mom never had insurance and finally had to get insurance after the mandate and is on high blood pressure medicine for the first time in my life since the affordable care act. Do you know how much the actual cost is of those blood pressure pills versus the subsidies she receives? its about 150,000:1 cost to benefit ratio. The blood pressure pills she has to take probably only cost a few pennies.

I get the point of buying healthcare in bulk, but not if most of it goes to waste. It's like if I bought milk at 10 gallons at a time but only needed one gallon. The other 9 gallons aren't going to people who need it, its getting poured out or getting sucked by the student loan bank or the American medical monopoly or our college monopoly.

http://www.physicianspractice.com/bl...-care-provider

Emergency Rooms Continue to Serve as Patients' Primary-care Provider

Some people blame the U.S. economy’s sluggish recovery; others blame the influx of immigrants of all statuses; and still others blame the increasing number of people who live below the poverty line, including those who are unemployed or underemployed. Whatever the cause, the effect is the same: People who have little or no insurance are using hospital emergency departments (EDs) as medical homes for nonemergency healthcare. And this change affects the way hospitals in the United States do business.

For years, uninsured patients have flooded hospital emergency departments seeking relief for common earaches, chronic disease management, and other nonurgent health issues. Many of these patients feel they have no other place to go, and some have never gone anywhere else to receive healthcare. In a May 2012 report, The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention cited a National Health Interview Survey that found that almost 80 percent of adults who visited EDs over a 12-month period said they did so because of a lack of access to other healthcare providers. One possible reason for the insufficient availability of timely care could be shortages of primary-care physicians (PCPs) in some areas of the country, according to the U.S. Government Accountability Office (GAO). However, as these patients become serial ED visitors, the sheer number of them could overwhelm some hospitals. And that possibility raises some legitimate concerns that patients with true emergencies may be left languishing in the waiting room of the ED behind someone with a sore throat and cough.

Another issue is cost. Some people balk at having to pay emergency department prices after receiving nonemergency care. Obviously, if people are poor and have either no job or a low-paying job, then they may have trouble paying their ED bills. Plus, Medicaid and other forms of public coverage pay only portions of these bills. That reality coupled with the increasing volume of patients involved has caused some facilities to devise strategies for managing serial ED visitors.

Don't give me that line of $#@! I know emergency rooms are a financial black hole. I racked up over 1 million in medical debt before I was a year old from emergency rooms. If there was a free market healthcare would get cheaper like everything else. More government intervention is just going to, and has made it more expensive. We need access to healthcare that doesn't require insurance Zippy, what part of that do you not understand? More insurance is not going to fix this problem.

TrumpCare/ RyanCare doesn't make it any cheaper or make it any easier for people to access healthcare either.

TrumpCare/ RyanCare doesn't make it any cheaper or make it any easier for people to access healthcare either.
    It's not about whether apples are better then oranges. It's about the fact that we are forced to pay for healthcare at prices higher then market rates would allow because we are ignorant and arguing about apples and oranges.

In what other industry do you not get a discount for buying a lot of it? I understand minimum billable hours, I do that with my job. It costs me this much billable time to do this job even if this job doesn't take this amount of time. I feel like they take this extra billable time to do billing and bill us for the billing time. I feel like this is an extra step in the process that just wouldn't happen if a company had to cut waste in order to stay competitive and keep their lights on.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Banned

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    It can't include it, just as I said.

Phase 2 and 3 implies that phase 1 is passed first. Again, 'you have to pass it before you can fix it.'
    "phase 1 is passed"

Uh, you sure you have any idea what you are talking about here? There is no bill to be passed until phase 3 is completed.

"Phase One in which Doris Gets Her Oats". - I Dig a Pony (Beatles).

Nothing is passed yet. TrumpCare seems likely not to pass.

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    dead on arrival

If it gets through the House and Democrats don't support it (likely), they only need two Republicans in the Senate to oppose it to stop it. Rand is one of those.

“I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

https://twitter.com/sangerkatz/statu...20857915453440

https://twitter.com/justinamash/stat...77573453545472

https://twitter.com/justinamash/stat...35988586487808

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.

https://twitter.com/kyledcheney/stat...96258856685572

Meadows is also on the committee, so they just need 2 more GOP to keep it off the floor:

https://twitter.com/ddiamond/status/842097149412311050

He is saying exactly what I just said. Ryancare does not allow interstate buying of healthplans, ("State Lines"), one of the biggest sticking points.
    I suspect the tax credits are staying. You call it a subsidy, I call it tax relief, which is amazing, since the mandate was ruled a tax by the supreme court.
    The insurance penalties will probably stay. That is fairly standard practice amongst insurance companies anyway. There is usually a penalty for not having been insured before previously purchasing insurance.

This is Dr Rand Paul's big chance to shine. I hope he does well, he may even wrestle power from Ryan with this.
    Tax credits are not tax relief. They are subsidies.

Maybe you're thinking of tax deductions, which is not the same thing.

Why do people keep referring to Trumpcare as Ryancare?

Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    Why do people keep referring to Trumpcare as Ryancare?
    Trumpcare would be single-payer

If it gets through the House and Democrats don't support it (likely), they only need two Republicans in the Senate to oppose it to stop it. Rand is one of those.
    I thought they needed 3 because Pence.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

https://twitter.com/jenhab/status/842385194690723841

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

It's starting. The wonderboy could be on thin ice.

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    It's starting. The wonderboy could be on thin ice.
    Trump Rule #1. Always blame somebody else for failures. Never admit you were wrong.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Trump Rule #1. Always blame somebody else for failures. Never admit you were wrong.

Where is this "Rule #1" recorded or documented?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Obama is Trump’s go-to scapegoat for White House woes

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast