Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rand stands up to Trump on Obamacare

Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post
    Rand is such an interesting Senator, he is literally leading the fight against RyanCare and Trump but I think Trump is still soft on RyanCare, once he finds out whats really inside, he'll probably change his tune.
    You obviously think higher if him than I do. I imagine he knows exactly what's in it because he has his ear to the influences that push these things- as in the corporate interests.

Draining the swamp and all that..
    No - No - No - No

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    This is just my sense of things, but it feels like they're going to burn him.

I think he's going to be left out in the cold on this... There may be a few others that join him, but not enough. Even the ones who want to appear like they're fighting are going to buckle under leadership pressure. Sad.
    Concern troll.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by asurfaholic View Post
    You obviously think higher if him than I do. I imagine he knows exactly what's in it because he has his ear to the influences that push these things- as in the corporate interests.

Draining the swamp and all that..
    Just going by the patterns I see in Trump, its not about what I think but what he has shown himself to be. He seems to be about doing whats best according to his promises. Gotta hand it to him, he is hell bent on delivering on those promises.

Trump is narcissistic, he wants the right and center to love him.

I could be wrong.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post
    Just going by the patterns I see in Trump, its not about what I think but what he has shown himself to be. He seems to be about doing whats best according to his promises. Gotta hand it to him, he is hell bent on delivering on those promises.

Trump is narcissistic, he wants the right and center to love him.

I could be wrong.
    He wants to bail out the insurance companies under the guise of a repeal of Obamacare. I could be wrong but Trump has a pattern of selling his $#@!ty ideas with his Trump marketing style. Got to hand it to him if you believe he is a good guy who just wants to be true to his word, that means his bit is working.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Ryan is cruising to be crushed with all of his lies. Hopefully, Rand's future dinner with the POTUS will accelerate these revelations.

A senior congressional aide in a House Republican office whose member is not part of the House Freedom Caucus told Breitbart News his boss is also opposed to Ryan’s Obamacare 2.0, and that there is much more widespread Republican opposition to Ryan’s plan than leadership originally expected.

“I think you’re looking at 60 to 70 noes right now on the floor,” the aide told Breitbart News. “The phone lines have been blowing up with opposition to what they’re calling Ryan-Care. This is a hell of a Mexican standoff—it’s Freedom Caucus versus Trump, and Ryan who I think is driving the process. Who blinks here? It’s bigger than the Freedom Caucus but the Freedom Caucus has planted their flag on this one. Who’s going to blink first?”
    Ryan is the snake who has frozen out the input of the House Conservatives and then relayed to Trump that their 'demands' have been unreasonable.
    Last edited by AuH20; 03-09-2017 at 09:26 AM.

I don't even care for Cotton but this is encouraging.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    This is just my sense of things, but it feels like they're going to burn him.

I think he's going to be left out in the cold on this... There may be a few others that join him, but not enough. Even the ones who want to appear like they're fighting are going to buckle under leadership pressure. Sad.

Quote Originally Posted by silverhandorder View Post
    Concern troll.
    Yeah, this site clearly says Donald Trump Forums. #NoCucksAlllowed
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    He wants to bail out the insurance companies under the guise of a repeal of Obamacare. I could be wrong but Trump has a pattern of selling his $#@!ty ideas with his Trump marketing style. Got to hand it to him if you believe he is a good guy who just wants to be true to his word, that means his bit is working.
    That is your assumption. He hasn't shown a pattern of that yet that I know of. I'm judging him based on what I've seen thus far.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    Ryan is the snake who has frozen out the input of the House Conservatives and then relayed to Trump that their 'demands' have been unreasonable.
    I am amused how pro-Trump people view Trump as the great, tough, alpha leader engaging in 4D chess...

...except when he's supporting something they don't like.

...in which case he becomes the poor, confused dupe, being led by the nose by someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by MallsRGood View Post
    I am amused how pro-Trump people view Trump as the great, tough, alpha leader engaging in 4D chess...

...except when he's supporting something they don't like.

...in which case he becomes the poor, confused dupe, being led by the nose by someone else.
    Trump is heavily result oriented at times, which means he's dependent on details from his surrogates. Now if his information surrogates are poor, then you do the math. He wants to hammer down Obamacare outlays so he can move to tax cuts.
    Last edited by AuH20; 03-09-2017 at 03:05 PM.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Trump is heavily result oriented at times, which means he's dependent on details from his surrogates. Now if his information surrogates are poor, then you do the math. He wants to hammer down Obamacare outlays so he can move to tax cuts.
    Isn't the ability to select competent subordinates a (the?) primary attribute of good leadership?

He's "friends" with Rand. Perhaps he should ask his council?

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    He's "friends" with Rand. Perhaps he should ask his council?
    Assuming Rand can get around the wall of noise.

Assuming Rand can get around the wall of noise.
    Are you seriously trying to tell me that teh Donald has no idea of Rand's plan? Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Are you seriously trying to tell me that teh Donald has no idea of Rand's plan? Lol.
    I think he knows generalities about Rand's plan, but he's like a disinterested kid with so many things on his mind. Reinforcement must be applied.
    Last edited by AuH20; 03-09-2017 at 05:14 PM.

H) Trump's handlers are forcing him to make bad decisions
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    H) Trump's handlers are forcing him to make bad decisions
    No. Trump makes bad decisions on his own like the Yemeni Raid. But there's something to say about faulty intelligence from your network of advisors. Trump is playing a very dangerous game thinking that the he will use the GOPe to pass his entire agenda. That's why he seems so flippant with Obamacare because they hold the keys on so many other hot ticket items down the line.

Trump is good. Rand is good. Losers making issue of things that are non issue.

Also Trump's job is to get what possible through and win more in two years.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    No. Trump makes bad decisions on his own like the Yemeni Raid. But there's something to say about faulty intelligence from your network of advisors. Trump is playing a very dangerous game thinking that the he will use the GOPe to pass his entire agenda. That's why he seems so flippant with Obamacare because they hold the keys on so many other hot ticket items down the line.
    That was the generals' fault. They came to him wanting to do the raid and told him Obama would be too pussy to go through with it. Because they are the best generals, he's told them they don't even have to get approval for future actions, just go do it.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    That was the generals' fault. They came to him wanting to do the raid and told him Obama would be too pussy to go through with it. Because they are the best generals, he's told them they don't even have to get approval for future actions, just go do it.
    The raid was actually preplanned by the Obama Admin going back to November of 2016. The intelligence was not accurate whatsoever and resulted in the SEAL team being pinned down for over an hour. Once again, Trump shouldn't have jumped out of his chair trying to be Superman when this dubious plan was proposed.

Seems its more important to him to quickly cross it off his campaign promise list than to get it done right. Something like this done right (like Rand's plan) will pay dividends to all the GOP down the road. If something like Ryan's plan goes through, it will damage the GOP worse than if they do nothing.
    USE THIS SITE TO LINK ARTICLES FROM OLIGARCH MEDIA:http://archive.is/ STARVE THE BEAST.
    More Government = Less Freedom
    Communism never disappeared it only changed its name to Social Democrat
    Emotion and Logic mix like oil and water

I think he knows generalities about Rand's plan, but he's like a disinterested kid with so many things on his mind. Reinforcement must be applied.
    Maybe some Ritalin would help.
    Brawndo's got what plants crave. Its got electrolytes.

H. L. Mencken said it best:

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."

End Run around Establishment Republicans

I just heard that Paul Ryan accused Trump of doing an end run around House leadership. That sounds good at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymur View Post
    I just heard that Paul Ryan accused Trump of doing an end run around House leadership. That sounds good at this point.
    Where did you hear that?

I heard it on fox news about 45 minutes ago.

I tried to google it but didn't find anything. I don't know where they got it from. Sorry.
    Quote Originally Posted by PatriotOne View Post
    Where did you hear that?

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaymur View Post
    I tried to google it but didn't find anything. I don't know where they got it from. Sorry.
    Thanks for trying.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12