Thread: not.your.average.joe - new account owner

not.your.average.joe - new account owner

My older cousin, not.your.average.joe , was diagnosed with leukemia in early January 2016. After several weeks of chemo in the hospital, he passed away. Over the past eight years, he has had a profound impact on my life and the way I think. He introduced Ron Paul to me back in 2012, and since then I've tried my best to educate myself and incorporate the principles of liberty to my life.

Without not.your.average.joe here to guide me, I decided to join Ron Paul Forums to learn from other people of a like mind. Thanks a lot to Bryan from RPF staff for making it possible for me to continue this account, as it holds sentimental value.

Note: I'm probably a lot younger than most of the people on this forum.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by not.your.average.joe View Post
    My older cousin, not.your.average.joe , was diagnosed with leukemia in early January 2016. After several weeks of chemo in the hospital, he passed away. Over the past eight years, he has had a profound impact on my life and the way I think. He introduced Ron Paul to me back in 2012, and since then I've tried my best to educate myself and incorporate the principles of liberty to my life.

Without not.your.average.joe here to guide me, I decided to join Ron Paul Forums to learn from other people of a like mind. Thanks a lot to Bryan from RPF staff for making it possible for me to continue this account, as it holds sentimental value.

Greetings . Yeah you are probably alot younger than I am , no need to rub it in .
    Do something Danke

Welcome, sorry to hear about your cousin.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Welcome!

And, I'm 26; was 11 when I first heard Ron Paul and a teen when I started looking into the RP forums.
    There is no spoon.

oh man this is tragic, I hope your family is doing ok. I am pretty new here so I never got to talk to your cousin unfortunately.

will pray for you.

how old are you?
    bet I'm younger.

you were brought here by God to learn the ways of the anarcho capitalists. I give it 6 months

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse James View Post
    oh man this is tragic, I hope your family is doing ok. I am pretty new here so I never got to talk to your cousin unfortunately.

will pray for you.

how old are you?
    bet I'm younger.

you were brought here by God to learn the ways of the anarcho capitalists. I give it 6 months
    I am 16 years old.

Welcome, your cousin planted a seed of liberty for you. I hope it continues to grow and spread with your and others benefit.
    Young or old (like me) liberty for all!
    "Nobody wins in a Dairy Challenge" ~ Kenny Rogers, RIP

"When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken, or cease to be honest." ~ anonymous

“The fate of all mankind I see
    Is in the hands of fools” ~ King Crimson

Welcome, Friend. I am sorry about your cousin. But the fact that he passed the torch of liberty to you and you decided to run with it speaks very highly of you both. I hope you stick around, don't let the old curmudgeons scare you off.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Welcome.... you are most welcome.

We have some young people here as well as old. I'm 36 and I consider myself old lol.

Small conversations can ripple through time and have profound impacts on our lives and, subsequently, the lives of others.
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Supporting Member
    North Korea

Blog Entries
    I'm 15 years old nice to meet you.
    Last edited by Lamp; 03-08-2017 at 10:45 AM.

Beat me by 2 years!

Good to hear from you, joe. Sorry to hear about your cousin.

Yes, I think individuals can make a much bigger impact than many often realize. Everyone has a purpose on this earth. You can make an impact on other people. Never let it be said that one person can't make a difference in somebody's life. I know that might sound cliched, but I don't mean it that way. I have see countless examples. Everyone has a calling. Liberty can be that calling or even part of a calling.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

I am 16 years old.
    I am so sorry for your loss. Welcome, and thanks for memorializing your cousin in so many ways.

Staff - Admin
    Houston, TX

Blog Entries

Really great to have you here. I am glad to help out as I can.

Age doesn't matter. Focus on developing your intellectual metal, that's what matters.
    This site has a specific purpose defined in our Mission Statement.

Members must read and follow our Community Guidelines.

I strive to respond to all queries; please excuse late and out-of-sequence responses.

I'm so sorry for your loss but I'm sure your cousin would be proud that you are memorializing him this way. What a wonderful gesture! Welcome, not.your.average.joe. 2.0.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Hola bro. Don't worry about your age. Whatever it is, you are still older than Willy. He writes like an 80-year-old, but he's actually our resident child activist. Might as well throw him some birthday wishes as he recently hit the big one-oh.
    Amash>Trump

ΟΥ ΓΑΡ ЄCΤΙΝ ЄξΟΥCΙΑ ЄΙ ΜΗ ΥΠΟ ΘЄΟΥ

"Patriotism should come from loving thy neighbor, not from worshiping graven images" - Ironman77

"ideas have the potential of being more powerful than any army....The concept of personal sovereignty was pulled screaming from the ether into this reality by the force of men believing in a self evident truth, that men are meant to be free." - The Northbreather

"Trump is the security blanket of aggrieved white men aged 18-60." - Pinoy

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I am 16 years old.
    Your are getting off to a good start, Welcome aboard.
    “[T]he enshrinement of constitutional rights necessarily takes certain policy choices off the table.” (Heller, 554 U.S., at ___, 128 S.Ct., at 2822.)

How long before "going liberal" replaces "going postal"?

Your ageism has been reported.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Ryan
    In Washington you can see them everywhere: the Parasites and baby Stalins sucking the life out of a once-great nation.

That's sad. But he left you something better than money. A liberty community. Warning, it's rough and tumble here sometimes. But welcome aboard!
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Welcome, joe the younger!

Your wonderful gesture has given me an idea -- bequeathing my RPF account to a worthy successor.
    The bigger government gets, the smaller I wish it was.
    My new motto: More Love, Less Laws

I'm very sorry for your loss. Welcome to the boards.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

...I've tried my best to educate myself and incorporate the principles of liberty to my life...
    Here. Read this. Read every single word of it. http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...can-Principles. Twice.

In doing so, I promise that you'll be far ahead of most people whom you meet in life where conversations with regard to matters of Individual Liberty-Responsibility are had. To be clear, the word Liberty should never be spoken or written absent the word Responsibility. More importantly, they should not be learned separately. They should be learned as an Indivisible whole.

Know this. Ron Paul has a profound respect for the wisdom of the Founders. And correctly so. He cites their wisdom often and he cites their wisdom regularly. Ron Paul believes in the Constitution and he believes in the Declaration Of Independence. And he has always worked tirelessly to defend the principles and primary foundation for moral code therein. He does not bash them. He does not challenge them and he does not refute them or the intentions of their authors. Ever. Additionally, Ron Paul is not anti-government. He is merely a proponent of less government.

You will find that the 'libertarian' tent is a big tent. Be diligent. And do know that just because one is young does not mean that one cannot learn to lead. It's very easy to follow one's own path. Though there will be signs every step of the way inviting a weary traveller to come this way...no, go this way...uh uh, take this other path, it's better..hey, go this way instead. Don't do it. Stop. Listen. Hear. Think. Reason. It's okay to stop and do those things. In fact, it is wise to do so. But always remember what it was that brought you here. Do not let it escape you. Someone elses shortcut will only take you as far as the person who needs a following to get to where he wants to go for his own benefit will take you. And then he will leave you once he gets his. And then you will be lost. Misguided. You will be lost because he did not care about your path. He only cared about his. What's worse is that you will be viewed in his light every step of the way back to where you were trying to go in the first place. And every step forward beyond that. Politically speaking, this is the very best advice that I can ever give to a young person. You'll find that the nature of man is addressed in the link I've shared with you. Unfortunately, wisdom does not always come from reading a book. Sometimes it has to come from experience. Just be diligent along the way.

And welcome.
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 09-05-2017 at 11:24 AM.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.