Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trump tweets: Rand will come along with the new and great health care program

Trump tweets: Rand will come along with the new and great health care program

Last edited by jct74; 03-07-2017 at 07:19 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

This should end well.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

wow Rand grab that ball and run like Forrest Gump

https://twitter.com/USAB4L/status/839279516736503808
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

https://twitter.com/USAB4L/status/839237713123487744
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Rand is in a great position to influence Trump and the GOP.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This is almost too good to be true!
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Rand is a bit clueless....he wants insurance companies to cover people with pre-exisiting health conditions. What do you all think about that?

Ok... Where are the cuckers?!

I feel like we need to quote invisible again.

Quote Originally Posted by invisible View Post
    Don't worry, surely the trumpettes will be along soon enough, to do one or more of the following:
    A) Argue about the meaning of words like "cut", "spending", "military", "entitlement", "increase", and "budget"
    B) Tell us that their authoritarian idol really didn't mean what he said
    C) Tell us that this is a brilliant move in a game of 3-D chess that only trumpettes are capable of understanding
    D) Tell us that it's ok because obomba did it first
    E) Tell us that it's ok because it would have been horrible if clinton had done the very same thing
    F) Tell us that this is what Liberty and Freedom really mean
    G) Call CPUd names
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Capt you sad. Learn to not be a sore loser.

Also didn't I tell you all they will get along?

Time to remind the likes of ender who were parsing Rand's endorsement to claim it is a non endorsement.

Quote Originally Posted by qh4dotcom View Post
    Rand is a bit clueless....he wants insurance companies to cover people with pre-exisiting health conditions. What do you all think about that?
    Where do you get that from?

Quote Originally Posted by Brett85 View Post
    Where do you get that from?
    http://www.businessinsider.com/rand-...ent-act-2017-1

"It (Rand's bill) would also provide a two-year window for people with preexisting conditions to sign up for care."

Donald Trump tweets that he is sure his friend Rand Paul will come up with a great health plan

"It (Rand's bill) would also provide a two-year window for people with preexisting conditions to sign up for care."
    Well his plan at least repeals the preexisting condition provision after two years.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

i.e. a smooth transition

Whereas, with Obamacare/Trumpcare, the preexisting condition rule is permanent.

The point is that it ends in a relatively short period of time. What is your idea?
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

Quote Originally Posted by MallsRGood View Post
    Whereas, with Obamacare/Trumpcare, the preexisting condition rule is permanent.
    I still don't know what TrumpCare is, but PaulRyanCare calls for a 30% penalty if you lose insurance and go back on. It also gives people tax money back to spend on their health insurance.

Still ObamaCare lite, but it may be a bit better than what we have now.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Clueless? I would have to disagree - he's been at the epicenter of this for quite some time. Rand is for creating group plans/associations that are market driven. Rand also is for separating the repeal from the replace - although Rand is for voting on the two items in the same day.

Quote Originally Posted by https://www.bna.com/rand-paul-plan-n73014449588/
    Paul’s replacement for the Affordable Care Act would both lift the unpopular requirement that all Americans have insurance and the more-popular requirement that insurers can’t deny coverage to people with pre-existing conditions. The plan, similar to those floated by House Republicans recently, would expand use of tax-advantaged health savings accounts to help people afford the cost of health services.
    Last edited by brushfire; 03-07-2017 at 08:56 PM.

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

Was he being sarcastic?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/power...=.143aa4663fee

But President Trump said at a meeting with House Republicans on Tuesday afternoon that he would work with them to secure passage of their plan.

According to several attendees, Trump made clear that he wants the House bill to be approved and land on his desk largely intact. He pledged to become personally involved in persuading skeptical lawmakers and warned that failing to pass the legislation would result in trouble at the ballot box for Republicans who pledged to repeal and replace Obamacare.

“The president said very clearly . . . this is the bill he wants on his desk, and he wants to get this done quickly,” said Rep. Patrick T. McHenry (R-N.C.), the House GOP chief deputy whip, who attended the meeting. “The president is paying attention to what people are saying and doing, where they’re saying it and doing it. He is highly aware and has a highly attuned ear to what is happening in the press and has a real understanding of the challenges in order to get this bill on his desk.”

As if to prove it, Trump targeted Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) — who has emerged as the bill’s chief skeptic — with a tweet Tuesday evening: “I feel sure that my friend @RandPaul will come along with the new and great health care program because he knows Obamacare is a disaster!”

The margin of error is slim for House and Senate GOP leaders — in the House, Ryan can afford to lose only 21 GOP lawmakers. In the Senate — which is using an unusual parliamentary procedure that requires only a simple majority for legislation to be approved — Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) must persuade all but two Republicans to support the plan. Republicans have 52 seats in the Senate, and no Democrats are expected to back the overhaul in either chamber.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    I still don't know what TrumpCare is
    Sure you do

but PaulRyanCare
    i.e. Trumpcare

gives people tax money back to spend on their health insurance
    Yes, they get money "back" even if they didn't pay anything in the first place.

TrumpMath!

Is he trolling us, because I feel like he's trolling us.

Quote Originally Posted by freejack View Post
    I take it as a desperate move to bring conservatives aboard.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm not reading that the same way as you guys. I'm reading it as a request not to block the new plan.

Quote Originally Posted by PatriotOne View Post
    I'm not reading that the same way as you guys. I'm reading it as a request not to block the new plan.
    that is exactly how I interpreted it

The ball is in Paul's court.

He should call for a townhall on Hannity's show---a quasi debate on healthcare.

Quote Originally Posted by PatriotOne View Post
    He tweeted THE new plan, not A new health plan. Which means you read it correctly.

As if to prove it, Trump targeted Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) — who has emerged as the bill’s chief skeptic — with a tweet Tuesday evening: “I feel sure that my friend @RandPaul will come along with the new and great health care program because he knows Obamacare is a disaster!”
    USE THIS SITE TO LINK ARTICLES FROM OLIGARCH MEDIA:http://archive.is/ STARVE THE BEAST.
    More Government = Less Freedom
    Communism never disappeared it only changed its name to Social Democrat
    Emotion and Logic mix like oil and water

Quote Originally Posted by freejack View Post
    He's just playing 63d chess, he's setting it up so that when PaulRyan's bastard of a plan fails, RandPaul's plan can ride in and save the day. Or he's just trolling Randal, that's a definite possibility.

ACA was just one giant scam to make premium rates double or even triple. Most states already had a medicaid program before ACA. We don't need a republican-care, just more jobs so people can buy their own insurance through their employer, and less regulation that lets insurance companies compete over state lines.

Same thing with food stamps. People are hungry because they have no job, but the solution isn't to just keep giving them food and treat the symptom, we need jobs so they can feed themselves.
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast