Thread: A French Start-Up Wants to Buy libertyrider.com

A French Start-Up Wants to Buy libertyrider.com

So I found an email this am, from these guys, http://www.liberty-rider.com, asking if I'd be willing to sell my domain, libertyrider.com...

I was non-committal in my reply, indicating I was planning on another ride ( true ), and that I "need to talk to some associates" (not precisely true). I did mention I could possibly rebrand for my next ride, leaving the door open by asking what they would think a fair price...

I looked on one of those appraisal sites and the domain is not worth much (according to algorithms). While it is a good domain, and I could use it again, it lies dormant when I'm not on the road and it might be better to sell, if the price is right.

Is anyone familiar with this stuff and able to give me a summary of what to expect? Pitfalls? Etc?

TIA
    Don't let others get you down. Not naysayers, not pretenders, not appeasers, not opportunists; none of em.

What others do pales beside what YOU do.

Press on! - The r3VOLution continues...

"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence.Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."

~ C.Coolidge

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

No idea. But I will say that in the art of negotiation, the first person to name a price is at a disadvantage.

More on the startup...

http://www.ifag.com/success-story-li...diplomes-ifag/

Translated from French...

SUCCESS STORY: LIBERTY RIDER, THE START-UP OF TWO IFAG GRADUATES

Created by two graduates of the IFAG Toulouse, Liberty Rider , the first motorcycle application in France, confirms its success. Lyberty Rider was voted "application of the day" by the daily newspaper Direct Matin (1.700.000 readers) and "application of the week" by readers of Maddyness, the magazine of French startups.
    Designed for bikers, Liberty Rider is the first fall detection application in France. It was designed to detect motorcycle accidents in order to prevent emergency services as quickly and efficiently as possible.
    . In a few months, the team grew from 4 to 12 employees.
    Libertyrider-960x540

Liberty Rider also won the Toulouse Métropole Prize for the 2016 Digital Economy Trophies and the PEPITE National Prize. The start-up plans to grow and reach 100,000 users in 2017. To get there, it is organizing a crowfuding campaign on the Kiss Kiss Bank Bank platform. Do not hesitate to take a look and support Liberty Rider.
    Don't let others get you down. Not naysayers, not pretenders, not appeasers, not opportunists; none of em.

"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence.Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."

~ C.Coolidge

They have start-up money? Price just went up!!!

You should probably take the domain name out of this thread.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

I would say you could probably get a few thousand for it. No more. Domain names aren't the be-all end-all anymore, with many hip companies choosing to use TLDs like .io and .is.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    They have start-up money? Price just went up!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CaseyJones View Post
    lol
    {insert B&B meme} :P

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    You should probably take the domain name out of this thread.
    ya think? what's the worst that could happen?

Quote Originally Posted by helmuth_hubener View Post
    I would say you could probably get a few thousand for it. No more. Domain names aren't the be-all end-all anymore, with many hip companies choosing to use TLDs like .io and .is.
    ok... tempting... thx

~ C.Coolidge

Just to be clear: it could be worth a few thousand *to them*. Otherwise, for anyone else, the market value is probably vaguely accurate, +/-.

I agree with Angela that the stronger position will be to have them make offer first, if possible.

I would sell and ask for 19K .
    Do something Danke

Depends on their reason to buy. If they want to use your domain as their actual domain, that might be worth a couple grand. But if they are just trying to scoop up domains that are similar to theirs to get them off the market, probably a couple hundred.

they already have a pretty good domain name.
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

Just to be clear: it could be worth a few thousand *to them*. Otherwise, for anyone else, the market value is probably vaguely accurate, +/-.

I agree with Angela that the stronger position will be to have them make offer first, if possible.
    Haven't heard back yet, but did put the ball in their court...

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I would sell and ask for 19K .
    That'd certainly be an amount I could hardly refuse... :P

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesiv1 View Post
    Depends on their reason to buy. If they want to use your domain as their actual domain, that might be worth a couple grand. But if they are just trying to scoop up domains that are similar to theirs to get them off the market, probably a couple hundred.

Good points, thanks

~ C.Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesiv1 View Post

Nah , all you have to do is sell them that yours is better
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by ronpaulhawaii View Post

ya think? what's the worst that could happen?
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Staff - Admin
    Houston, TX

Blog Entries
    Be sure to check out Sedo, which is the leader in the domain name market:
    https://sedo.com

I just ran a search for libertyrider - it looks like someone has libertyriders.com, which has an asking price of 4,788 USD. Obviously they may not get that but there it is.

I think libertyrider.com is a good name, I'd keep it unless they offered a reasonable amount. IMO, a few thousand isn't worth the loss of the asset and future opportunity.

Another possibility, you could consider a deal with a mix of cash and some company stock/equity.
    This site has a specific purpose defined in our Mission Statement.

Members must read and follow our Community Guidelines.

I strive to respond to all queries; please excuse late and out-of-sequence responses.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Bryan, you could also move it to a private section where it's wouldn't get indexed (may be too late).

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Nah , all you have to do is sell them that yours is better

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    Be sure to check out Sedo, which is the leader in the domain name market:
    https://sedo.com

I just ran a search for libertyrider - it looks like someone has libertyriders.com, which has an asking price of 4,788 USD. Obviously they may not get that but there it is.

I think libertyrider.com is a good name, I'd keep it unless they offered a reasonable amount. IMO, a few thousand isn't worth the loss of the asset and future opportunity.

Another possibility, you could consider a deal with a mix of cash and some company stock/equity.
    Great input, Bryan. Thx Sedo is kinda cool. I'm not keen to sell it but...

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    Yeah, I get that.

Bryan, you could also move it to a private section where it's wouldn't get indexed (may be too late).
    Not sure the big deal... How might open discussion affect the value? I told the guy in my reply that I wanted to talk to some associates, which I am doing

Thanks

~ C.Coolidge

As your associate I am anxiously awaiting my cut of the proceeds.

Thanks
    No - No - No - No

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    So, progress report? @ronpaulhawaii
    Nothing happened - http://www.libertyrider.com/

Staff - Admin
    Houston, TX

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    So, progress report? @ronpaulhawaii
    Looks like he still has it, URL still goes to his site and the whois shows his name...
    This site has a specific purpose defined in our Mission Statement.

Members must read and follow our Community Guidelines.

I strive to respond to all queries; please excuse late and out-of-sequence responses.

Never heard back after the first email...

One of these days I need to redirect that url... lol

#BusyBusy - Hope you all are well

~ C.Coolidge