Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rand Paul blasts House GOP for keeping ObamaCare bill in 'secure location'

Rand Paul blasts House GOP for keeping ObamaCare bill in 'secure location'

BY PAULINA FIROZI - 03/02/17

Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) blasted House Republicans for keeping their ObamaCare plan under wraps in a series of tweets on Thursday.

“I have been told that the House Obamacare bill is under lock & key, in a secure location, & not available for me or the public to view,” Paul tweeted.

“This is unacceptable. This is the biggest issue before Congress and the American people right now.”

In several tweets, Paul accused House leadership of not wanting to admit to a watered down version of Obamacare, and demanded that they release text of the bill.

House Republicans’ new version of the replacement bill is being kept in a “dedicated reading room,” Bloomberg reported, where it will be available to members of the House Energy and Commerce committee. The move is an effort to prevent leaks of the draft.

Paul’s series of tweets follows a closed-door meeting of Senate Republicans Wednesday to discuss a strategy for repealing the healthcare law.

Paul urged House lawmakers to release text of the ObamaCare draft "today."

More at..

http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare...ecure-location
    "The Patriarch"

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

I guess they're going to try and whip it out at 3AM for a quick vote.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

https://twitter.com/eyokley/status/837347822349463552
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

https://twitter.com/pdmcleod/status/837347111792439297

Ain't no sunshine when truth and lady liberty is gone... Hide in the dark, you cockroaches.

Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
    "I think the propaganda machine is the biggest problem that we face today in trying to get the truth out to people."
    Ron Paul

Please watch, subscribe, like, & share, Ron Paul Liberty Report
    BITCHUTE IS A LIBERTY MINDED ALTERNATIVE TO GOOGLE SUBSIDIARY YOUTUBE

#NotHisDad

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Last edited by EBounding; 03-02-2017 at 01:03 PM.
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

Jan2017

New Obamacare replacement bill is being hidden in a basement, out of view of public, and even this GOP senator can't see it

Paul and other members of Congress then went on a hunt to try, unsuccessfully, to actually look at the bill.

The bizarre security measures for the bill, which came to light Wednesday night, underscore how politically risky repealing and replacing the Affordable Care Act has come to be seen in the past month by GOP leaders.
    Another member of Congress, House minority whip Rep. Steny Hoyer, D-Md., Facebook live-streamed himself walking around the halls of the Capitol trying to locate the bill.
    http://www.cnbc.com/2017/03/02/gop-o...-basement.html

Rand Paul accuses Republicans of sneaking around to push “Obamacare-lite” in secret

After clashing with GOP leadership last week, accusing them of trying to push legislation that did not fully repeal Obamacare, Sen. Rand Paul now says the same Republicans are trying to double down on their efforts in secret.

“I have been told that the House Obamacare bill is under lock & key, in a secure location, & not available for me or the public to view,” Paul tweeted on Thursday.

“This is unacceptable. This is the biggest issue before Congress and the American people right now.”

The Hill reported: “Paul later said he’s been told the House Republicans’ draft of the repeal bill is ‘take it or leave it.’ ‘I think that’s why it’s top secret,’ he said. ‘Why don’t they want us to see it? The only copy we’ve seen is from the media — does that sound to you backwards?'”

“We saw a leaked copy that the media was given that we weren’t given,” Paul said on Thursday according to The Hill. “Now we’re told that it’s being classified, that the hearing is like a security clearance hearing, you have to have a clearance and permission.”

http://rare.us/rare-politics/issues/...ite-in-secret/

Probably has language unrelated to healthcare that they don't want getting out but is going to have a big impact once passed.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Go rand!

Last edited by afwjam; 03-02-2017 at 03:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    #NotHisDad
    Exactly. Proper protocol is to bring this up on the floor. This posturing for the MSM is unstatesman-like. We need an investigation to see if this was initiated by his new found Trump buddy.

XNN
    "They sell us the president the same way they sell us our clothes and our cars. They sell us every thing from youth to religion the same time they sell us our wars. I want to know who the men in the shadows are. I want to hear somebody asking them why. They can be counted on to tell us who our enemies are but theyre never the ones to fight or to die." - Jackson Browne Lives In The Balance

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post

https://twitter.com/pdmcleod/status/837347111792439297
    Rand should have went with a few hundred armed constituents.

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    #NotHisDad

Don't forget, obvious Trump stooge is obvious
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Well, if Rand and Trumps are such buds now then Trump will at least tweet about it too.

"A Senator cannot even show his constituents what is in the plan. Disgraceful."

Where are all the Trump trannies complaining about Rand being so liberal?

It must be such a great bill they want to keep people from seeing it in order to surprise everybody! Go get em Rand end this crap legislation being crafted behind locked doors.
    USE THIS SITE TO LINK ARTICLES FROM OLIGARCH MEDIA:http://archive.is/ STARVE THE BEAST.
    More Government = Less Freedom
    Communism never disappeared it only changed its name to Social Democrat
    Emotion and Logic mix like oil and water

Great move and a huge PR victory for Rand. Seems like he's getting his groove back.

https://twitter.com/RandPaul/status/837694764694798339

https://twitter.com/RandPaul/status/837688390506119168

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Its ok, we can learn what's in it once it passes as the Speaker will tell us....

again

dejavu
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

I'm curious--who exactly is guarding the door? Who is holding the gun?
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

Quote Originally Posted by EBounding View Post
    I'm curious--who exactly is guarding the door? Who is holding the gun?
    It would be interesting to see some civil disobedience here. Pictures of Rand getting cuffs put on him for trying to read the bill would get some attention.

My website: iroots.org Looking for folks to help write about activism...
    "If you’re into political activism, at least for Ron Paul if not for anyone else, I strongly recommend spending some time with iroots.org."
    - Tom Woods

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    I guess they're going to try and whip it out at 3AM for a quick vote.
    Attached to some big omnibus bill. Dang, feels the Bushco all over again.

He is arguing with people who think Ed Snowden is a traitor and Julian Assange is public enemy #1. These people are no fans of transparency.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast