Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gotta Love a Good Beat Down of Punks!

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    I've trained in combat sports, martial arts, and mma my entire life. I did two tours in Iraq with army infantry. Go beat your chest to someone else, punk. I would have no issue defending myself. However, this situation could have been avoided and anyone who has ever been in combat knows it's best to avoid it. Guy could have easily walked away.
    Testosterone and poor self-esteem are a bad combination.
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by otherone View Post
    Testosterone and poor self-esteem are a bad combination.
    Agreed. That combo usually leads to the morgue.
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    I didn't even have to read past this sentence and the name of the poster who posted it to be able to say to myself, "Oh, then they must be black in this case."

*clicks link*

Yep.
    Let me get this straight. The fact that the jerk was black, makes it an incident that should not be talked about? Why is that exactly?
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

I've trained in combat sports, martial arts, and mma my entire life. I did two tours in Iraq with army infantry. Go beat your chest to someone else, punk. I would have no issue defending myself. However, this situation could have been avoided and anyone who has ever been in combat knows it's best to avoid it. Guy could have easily walked away.
    The least you could do for me is teach a couple useless eaters a lesson here back home since I paid for some of your training . The thugs are rampant here in the homeland!

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Let me get this straight. The fact that the jerk was black, makes it an incident that should not be talked about? Why is that exactly?
    Cause THATS racist! There are no bad black people or brown people. Only bad white people.

Quote Originally Posted by PatriotOne View Post
    The least you could do for me is teach a couple useless eaters a lesson here back home since I paid for some of your training . The thugs are rampant here in the homeland!
    The training and experience I received are best put to use advocating Liberty, Peace, and Prosperity... Some doctor who was a Congressman that I met once told me that. Giving 'beatdowns' to 'useless eaters'? I'll leave that to those who have no interest in such things.
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.

- Diogenes of Sinope

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    I would have left a lot sooner, and probably not have allowed it to get to this point. That said, however, the moment someone takes a swing at me with the intent to do me harm, then their life no longer has any value IMHO. I will bend over backwards to prevent a situation from escalating into a fight, but the instant someone lays hand on me to cause harm, that $#@! is over and all I've got left is warrior instinct. It's pretty easy to avoid, don't try to hurt me and they won't get hurt. If they DO try to hurt me and they end up in the hospital or the morgue, then it's their own damn fault. They did it to themselves.
    No, you are always in control of your choices. "Warrior instinct" is just another justification for humans to act like animals. But we aren't We recognize that lethal force is only ever justified if someone is in fact trying to kill you. Just because some idiot throws a terrible punch at you doesn't give you authorization to murder them. All life has value and just because you have committed a crime doesn't mean you lose your right to life. Are you justified in ending the immediate threat to your body? Sure. But killing someone? No. We readily recognize this when talking about the cops or the government. Just because a cop shouts "I feared for my life," doesn't justify them in killing others. Why is that so hard to understand that it is the same when it comes to you or I?

Quote Originally Posted by The Northbreather View Post
    What? Why would you say that? I usually agree with you but $#@! man I don't find anything wrong with what he said.

If you are the victim of assault leathal force should be on the table because the fact is that if you are rendered unconscious by an attacker you have a good chance of dying yourself.

It's fair game.
    No, you are always in control of your choices. We recognize that lethal force is only ever justified if someone is in fact trying to kill you. Just because some idiot throws a terrible punch at you doesn't give you authorization to murder them. All life has value and an inalienable right to exist, a right that isn't lost just because they have committed a crime. Are you justified in ending the immediate threat to your body? Sure. But killing someone? No. We readily recognize this when talking about the cops or the government. Just because a cop shouts "I feared for my life," doesn't justify them in killing others. Not even your dog. Why is that so hard to understand that it is the same when it comes to you or I?

The training and experience I received are best put to use advocating Liberty, Peace, and Prosperity... Some doctor who was a Congressman that I met once told me that. Giving 'beatdowns' to 'useless eaters'? I'll leave that to those who have no interest in such things.
    Sure looked like trucker guy accomplished all three of those things to me also. He was free to move on without being further accosted (Liberty), thug looked pretty peaceful lying in a heap on the ground no longer demanding they suck his dick, and at least the guy who was trying to prosper by earning a living driving his truck to pay his bills was allowed to do so. But sure, different methods are necessary for different problems of society. I just happen think that was pretty damn effective for that situation!

Indeed, the ones that talk about beating down others are often the same ones that when given a shiny pair of jackboots become the worst government thugs.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by PierzStyx View Post
    Indeed, the ones that talk about beating down others are often the same ones that when given a shiny pair of jackboots become the worst government thugs.
    You have no idea how right you are.

- Diogenes of Sinope

Ya' know there's really only about three ways to deal with someone who isn't behaving properly in a given situation...

1) Is as many are advocating just let the person behave improperly.

2) Is as the fat guy did and address the issue yourself.

3) Is to rely on government to address the issue.

I fall firmly in the fat guy camp in this instance.

Other misbehavior's could see me walking away, most even if they weren't in public.

It takes a special kind of person to let someone insult you and take a swing at you and then walk away, I'm not that special.

Off the top of my head I can't think of an instance where I'd exercise #3....

Often? But not always, right? Because you are assuming much if this sentenced was meant to reference me.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Often? But not always, right? Because you are assuming much if this sentenced was meant to reference me.
    I don't know you beyond what I see here. So I don't know. I am merely making a statement base don the breadth of human history.

That said, the casual endorsement of violence by anyone is not promising.

I don't know you beyond what I see here. So I don't know. I am merely making a statement base don the breadth of human history.

That said, the casual endorsement of violence by anyone is not promising.
    I endorse striking back when being struck at. Hardly a violation of the NAP.

Sure looked like trucker guy accomplished all three of those things to me also. He was free to move on without being further accosted (Liberty), thug looked pretty peaceful lying in a heap on the ground no longer demanding they suck his dick, and at least the guy who was trying to prosper by earning a living driving his truck to pay his bills was allowed to do so. But sure, different methods are necessary for different problems of society. I just happen think that was pretty damn effective for that situation!
    lol +rep

I would have left a lot sooner, and probably not have allowed it to get to this point. That said, however, the moment someone takes a swing at me with the intent to do me harm, then their life no longer has any value IMHO. I will bend over backwards to prevent a situation from escalating into a fight, but the instant someone lays hand on me to cause harm, that $#@! is over and all I've got left is warrior instinct. It's pretty easy to avoid, don't try to hurt me and they won't get hurt. If they DO try to hurt me and they end up in the hospital or the morgue, then it's their own damn fault. They did it to themselves.
    I'm generally with Gunny here.

I'm not going to let some dude's fighting words get me stirred up. Meh, I'll walk on.

But swing at me or mine and its on until you can't throw any longer.

Did trucker dude go to far? Probably those last 5-6 head shots were not necessary... but this is the reason there are refs in mma events; once you're in a state of combat its hard to find a conclusion given one's own adrenaline. So I can't really blame him.

Did trucker dude start it with his own "fighting words" pre camera? Not sure about that either.

Can I blame osan for opting for a gun? No not really either. An attempted head punch is lethal force; its not the same as a shove or chest bump. Though I'd certainly draw with warning before sending lead down range.

Do I see where Superflous man is coming from? YES. This is really just another race bait thread at ronpaulforums where our discussion should really be revolving around economic liberty and structural injustice.

and then there's this:

Just because a cop shouts "I feared for my life," doesn't justify them in killing others. Why is that so hard to understand that it is the same when it comes to you or I?
    I do think we owe it to our fellow man to walk away from a fight while the other man is still breathing if at all reasonably possible.

And to a degree the trucker did; albeit there was a bit of apparent unwarranted punishment meted out at the end of things.

But can I blame him? I'd say unfortunate but not necessarily blameworthy.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    I endorse striking back when being struck at. Hardly a violation of the NAP.
    Perhaps not. But we are guided by more than just the NAP. The idea of inalienable rights, of permanent rights that cannot and should not be violated, must guide us in all cases. Otherwise I don't see how we ar emuch better than the Statists we detest. Our justifications for overwhelming violence are just slightly different.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Perhaps not. But we are guided by more than just the NAP. The idea of inalienable rights, of permanent rights that cannot and should not be violated, must guide us in all cases. Otherwise I don't see how we ar emuch better than the Statists we detest. Our justifications for overwhelming violence are just slightly different.
    Where does this "we" you speak of come into play?

Huh? Are you talking about the thugs rights to harass and take a swing at someone here? I learned by the 6th grade that if you act like a victim you will be victimized by the bully's/predators. Can't tell you how handy that basic principal of humanity has come in for me. Saved my life once from no other than Ted Bundy. I NEVER start a fight but I'll damn sure end it if I have to. I rarely have had to in my life because I don't act like a victim so they move on.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Ya' know there's really only about three ways to deal with someone who isn't behaving properly in a given situation...

Other misbehavior's could see me walking away, most even if they weren't in public.

It takes a special kind of person to let someone insult you and take a swing at you and then walk away, I'm not that special.

I'm with you here... once the swing is taken, no one is walking away. But the 'fat guy' could have walked away long before it escalated.

- Diogenes of Sinope

I'm with you here... once the swing is taken, no one is walking away. But the 'fat guy' could have walked away long before it escalated.
    Everytime he did, the guy would start to follow him. Probably waiting for an opportunity to sucker punch him from behind.

I would have left a lot sooner, and probably not have allowed it to get to this point.
    That's the what I would expect a grown up to do.

That said, however, the moment someone takes a swing at me with the intent to do me harm, then their life no longer has any value IMHO. I will bend over backwards to prevent a situation from escalating into a fight, but the instant someone lays hand on me to cause harm, that $#@! is over and all I've got left is warrior instinct. It's pretty easy to avoid, don't try to hurt me and they won't get hurt. If they DO try to hurt me and they end up in the hospital or the morgue, then it's their own damn fault. They did it to themselves.
    And this, too. If someone swings at him, I wouldn't expect him to take an ass whipping. Hopefully, he wouldn't stand around and listen to the idiot until it escalates to violence. Edited to add: Mr Animal is the he.

I only ever got into fist fights with my brothers (they thought it was funny to pick fights with me), the little boy up the street (kicking his ass is how earned the moniker Suzanimal), and a girl who was mean to my brother. I picked up a whiffle ball bat and beat that bitch with it all the way back to her yard, five houses down. For the most part, I'm a lover not a fighter and I have no trouble walking away when someone starts running off at the mouth.
    Last edited by Suzanimal; 03-03-2017 at 03:55 PM. Reason: Never get into fights with ugly people, they have nothing to lose.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Though he didn't swing first it seemed to me that trucker wanted it from start to finish. Did he incite the incident himself; did he have a hand in its incitement? I can't help but wonder why was NY dude so disrespectful? Most folks don't just wake up in the morning like that; they tend to get there provoked be it justly or not is unknown. Was there some road rage that premeditated the incident? I suspect there were fighting words all around. Perhaps some direct threats made by the trucker. I don't doubt preliminary comments perched from racial lines.

All we really have is a clip that begins with a first punch but really cuts out everything that led to the hostility.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Any civilization opting for #1 is not long for this world.

#2 is for the free man, whom has a will and a vision for society. A pride and purpose in their being.

#3 is for the slave, whom acquiesces to the vision of others being imposed by force upon them. Those that believe in #1 end up here eventually.

Huh? Are you talking about the thugs rights to harass and take a swing at someone here? I learned by the 6th grade that if you act like a victim you will be victimized by the bully's/predators. Can't tell you how handy that basic principal of humanity has come in for me. Saved my life once from no other than Ted Bundy. I NEVER start a fight but I'll damn sure end it if I have to. I rarely have had to in my life because I don't act like a victim so they move on.
    I'm talking about the human right to life. Just because someone takes a swing at you don't mean you get to kill them.

And no one is talking about acting like a victim. It takes more strength and maturity to walk away from a pointless fight than it does to walk around and preen like a useless cock, crowing with childish braggadocio.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Where does this "we" you speak of come into play?
    We being those who profess a belief in inalienable human rights. Do you not believe in such?

I'm talking about the human right to life. Just because someone takes a swing at you don't mean you get to kill them.

And no one is talking about acting like a victim. It takes more strength and maturity to walk away from a pointless fight than it does to walk around and preen like a useless cock, crowing with childish braggadocio.
    It absolutely does. The moment someone violently aggresses against another human being, so far as I am concerned their life is forfeit. I hold myself to that exact same standard.

If someone doesn't want to get dead, then don't physically attack people. Someone who physically aggresses against another human being, their life is worth zero. Less than zero, in fact, they are a liability for drawing oxygen that other living beings need.

So far as I am concerned, any person who initiates aggressive violence has rendered their own life utterly valueless, and anyone who puts them down has done a public service.

We being those who profess a belief in inalienable human rights. Do you not believe in such?
    The attacker's rights end the moment he physically attacks me.

Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    Though he didn't swing first it seemed to me that trucker wanted it from start to finish. Did he incite the incident himself; did he have a hand in its incitement? I can't help but wonder why was NY dude so disrespectful? Most folks don't just wake up in the morning like that; they tend to get there provoked be it justly or not is unknown. Was there some road rage that premeditated the incident? I suspect there were fighting words all around. Perhaps some direct threats made by the trucker. I don't doubt preliminary comments perched from racial lines.

All we really have is a clip that begins with a first punch but really cuts out everything that led to the hostility.
    My thoughts, as well.
    There is no spoon.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast