Thread: How does Rand get 5 more votes for cloture on Audit the FED?

How does Rand get 5 more votes for cloture on Audit the FED?

https://www.senate.gov/legislative/L...n=2&vote=00002

Even if Cruz and Coats didn't miss their vote in January, it still makes it 5 votes short of 60 for cloture.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post
    https://www.senate.gov/legislative/L...n=2&vote=00002

Even if Cruz and Coats didn't miss their vote in January, it still makes it 5 votes short of 60 for cloture.
    Supposedly Cruz being absent sunk the deal/negotiating for good. Supposedly there were individuals who voted against it who at least were considering voting for it if it would pass. That is how I remember it being disseminated at least.

Will need seven (not five) additional votes. This Congress has 52 Republican Senators. One Republican voted no but two Democrats voted yes. That makes 53 yes votes.

The seven votes will have to be picked up from these groups:

Democrats up for reelection in states won by Trump:

Brown (OH)
    Donnelly (IN)
    Heitkamp (ND)
    Manchin (WV)
    McCaskill (MO)
    Nelson (FL)
    Tester (MT)

Democrats who voted for/supported bill when they were in the House:

Donnelly (IN)
    Heinrich (NM)
    Hirono (HI)
    Murphy (CT)

Republican who voted no:

Corker (TN)
    Last edited by tsai3904; 03-01-2017 at 11:04 AM.

Corker is up for reelection in 2018, I was kinda hoping he would get picked for a Cabinet position, but we don't really have anyone to replace him.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Actually 60 votes are needed to override a presidential veto. However, since this is a bill that the president would support only 51 votes are needed to pass. The question I have is when will Rand reintroduce Audit the Fed in Congress again? I haven't heard a statement from him since he last mentioned it back in January. Last year there was no holdup. It was the first Bill Paul introduced to the Senate in 2016. Why the delay?

Or, could president Trump sign an executive order that can call for a audit if getting congressional approval proves impossible?

Quote Originally Posted by MrSmart1986 View Post
    Actually 60 votes are needed to override a presidential veto. However, since this is a bill that the president would support only 51 votes are needed to pass. The question I have is when will Rand reintroduce Audit the Fed in Congress again? I haven't heard a statement from him since he last mentioned it back in January. Last year there was no holdup. It was the first Bill Paul introduced to the Senate in 2016. Why the delay?

Or, could president Trump sign an executive order that can call for a audit if getting congressional approval proves impossible?
    Cloture must be invoked, which requires 60 votes, before the bill can go to the floor for final passage, which requires 51 votes.

Rand reintroduced Audit the Fed on the first day of this Congress. The bill is S. 16, the Federal Reserve Transparency Act of 2017: https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-...senate-bill/16

Here is the press release on the reintroduction of the bill:
    https://www.paul.senate.gov/news/pre...-audit-the-fed