Thread: War And Peace In The Age Of Trump

War And Peace In The Age Of Trump

War And Peace In The Age Of Trump

With the new Administration just over a month old, we are seeing hopeful and discouraging signs of how the Trump foreign policy is playing out. Mises Institute Founder Lew Rockwell joins today's program to take a look at Trump thus far - and to announce an exciting new event!
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul
    “They are what they hate.” - B4L

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Party at Ron Paul's house...
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

crap. I don't have 20 minutes. When, where and how much?

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Sounds like it isn't at Ron's house but at a local college in Lake Jackson, TX and the conference is $40 w/ brunch and a cash bar for bloody mary's according to Lew.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    The party at Ron's house is Friday night, and is for those who donate $500 or more to The Ron Paul Institute ...
    Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 02-27-2017 at 03:45 PM.

Symposium with Ron Paul: War and Peace in the Age of Trump
    Ron Paul and Lew Rockwell
    April 8, 2017 - Lake Jackson, Texas

Join us!

The late Murray Rothbard thought war and peace was the most important libertarian issue. He argued that foreign policy should reflect Thomist values of just war doctrine, and therefore we should demand a coherent justification for any military action taken in our name. By this measure, US foreign policy in the 20th and early 21st centuries has been a disaster. Interventionism, nation building, and wars of choice have failed to defend, much less advance, American interests.

Can Trump change any of this? Can he stand against the entrenched mindset that American must intervene in conflicts around the globe? Can he face down the foreign policy establishment and defense industry cronyism, which rely on neoconservative doctrines of pre-emptive war and nation-building? Can Secretary of State Rex Tillerson change the tenor, if not the reality, of our policies? And can a new Cold War with Russia be avoided?

Dr. Ron Paul, David Stockman, Eric Margolis, Lew Rockwell, and Daniel McAdams will assess the prospects for peace in the Trump years. The event takes place in Lake Jackson, Texas, at the Dow Academic Center of Brazosport College—about 45 minutes south of Hobby Airport in Houston. 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. including brunch with cash bar serving bloody marys and mimosas.

Nearby hotels include Holiday Inn Express Clute-Lake Jackson and Hampton Inn Clute-LakeJackson.
    https://mises.org/events/symposium-r...eace-age-trump

Quote Originally Posted by FSP-Rebel View Post
    Sounds like it isn't at Ron's house but at a local college in Lake Jackson, TX and the conference is $40 w/ brunch and a cash bar for bloody mary's according to Lew.
    And Mimosa's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

“We have to start winning wars again,” President Trump told the nation’s governors today. No, Mr. President, America must stop military interventionism. As you have said America spent trillions and trillions of dollars overseas when we should have been spending it here at home, to create jobs and rebuild infrastructure, for example. The long-term cost of US interventions in Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, Syria and elsewhere may reach $6 TRILLION when everything is totaled. US deaths in Iraq and Afghanistan approach 7,000, with tens of thousands permanently injured. Civilian casualties in Iraq alone exceed ONE MILLION, in Afghanistan hundreds of thousands.

A $54 billion increase in the Pentagon budget will not help us win wars. It will help us get deeper into wars which will bring increased threats to our national security. The wars you win are the ones you don’t start. - DEnnis Kucinich, http://ronpaulinstitute.org/archives/peace-and-prosperity/2017/february/28/winning-wars/
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.