Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hanging off a skyscraper...

Quote Originally Posted by Dickens View Post
    The interesting thing is the vicious hatred which some elements feel towards free climbers. The following quotes are from the comments posted to this free climbing video
    That is typical jealous human nature, the "crabs in a bucket" attitude.

They feel that way about all of us "freedom folk", for doing any number of things that they are too scared or unsure to do themselves, but for mostly living life without a government safety rope.

Now, is this my cup of tea? Hell no, I get that tingly testicle/upset stomach feeling just watching it.

But I bet there are any number of things that I do that you wouldn't care for...that goes for all of us.

And the progressive clovers, the nanny state ninnies, the gabbling goose steppers of garroting Grundyism that rule over us, can not stand that.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Ya, I know he is dead, thanks...
    Not a good idea to use a dynamic rope in place of a bungee cord.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by agitator View Post
    If you watch carefully you can see his parachute deployed.

I can't help but think of Mark Thornton when I see this thread bumped.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    That is typical jealous human nature, the "crabs in a bucket" attitude.
    Interesting metaphor. But what about this comment?

This is an incredibly bad idea, obey closure signs and guard rails in national parks. Yosemite SAR doesn't need to have to go through the ordeal of cleaning your body up off the valley floor. I can speak as a SAR person when I say: body recovery missions suck.
    Pretends to be caring for your safety but really a hypocritical way of a crab in the bucket?

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    WTF

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    WTF

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    A daredevil skydiver and former television host who tried to parachute off the Empire State Building has escaped a prison term despite requests from a high ranking police official and the owners of the Manhattan landmark that he be jailed.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...apes-jail.html

Quote Originally Posted by Dickens View Post

This is an incredibly bad idea, obey closure signs and guard rails in national parks. Yosemite SAR doesn't need to have to go through the ordeal of cleaning your body up off the valley floor. I can speak as a SAR person when I say: body recovery missions suck.
    Pretends to be caring for your safety but really a hypocritical way of a crab in the bucket?
    Stick around.

You'll find if nothing else I have a deep contempt for sanctimonious cops and hose heads and "first responders".

More "in my wheelhouse".

Right down the road from me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12