Thread: Distributism?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Isn't distributism more of a religious philosophy than a developed economic theory?
    NeoReactionary. American High Tory.

The counter-revolution will not be televised.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePaleoLibertarian View Post
    Isn't distributism more of a religious philosophy than a developed economic theory?
    That's what it seems.

HK, I'm sorry I haven't responded yet. I skimmed the material but it was late and I didn't have the time to put together a thoughtful response. Not that that's ever stopped me before, lol, but this sounds interesting, so far. I doubt it's something I could get behind but I do love GK Chesterton.

“It is terrible to contemplate how few politicians are hanged.” – The Cleveland Press, 3/1/21 - GK Chesterton
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

All these "isms" make my head hurt. What's the point?

So far as I can tell, they arise from the minds of people who have no good grasp of the most basic principles of proper human relations, which prompts them to cast about in such manners that result in yet another "ism".
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.