Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Earache remedies?

Quote Originally Posted by brushfire View Post
    Hot water bottle - use the hottest water you can get from the tap ~115 degrees.

Wrap the hot water bottle with a towel - make sure its comfortable! Adjust how full and how hot based on how it feels over a few minutes.

Once you get the temp and firmness down, lay your bad ear on it and watch some cspan (cspan1, cspan2, cspan3 - doesnt matter).

When I was a child, I had ear aches... I suppose now that I'm an adult I would add to this remedy to have your ear checked by a medical professional if symptoms persist.

Not to terrify anyone, but 10 years ago I had a neighbor who had an ear ache for a week - it turned out to be an infection that later spread to his brain. He woke up in the night and was dizzy - he then fell to the floor and was gone the next day.

Complete freak thing, but it made me reflect on the numerous ear aches I'd had in my life. I still maintain his widow's driveway in the winter...
    Ugh..that would be my luck given my last year!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlybee View Post
    Tried
    Hm...sorry to hear that. Garlic oil works for me. Do you take any Turmeric? You have to get the inflammation down. Turmeric and garlic oil would help tremendously.
    My website: https://www.theherbsofthefield.com/

"No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another. ~ Charles Dickens

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Sometimes all you need is time for it to heal. Efforts to "cure" it may cause more irritation and make it hurt longer.

Donald Trump: 'What you're seeing and what you're reading is not what's happening'

"Truth isn't truth"- Rudy Giuliani

"China has total respect for Donald Trump and for Donald Trump's very, very large brain," - Donald Trump.

"Yeah, I have to say these guys(trolls) are pretty sharp. Sort of good to get a challenge and sharpen your thoughts." NorthCarolinaLiberty

I am Zippy and I approve of this post. But you don't have to.

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Hm...sorry to hear that. Garlic oil works for me. Do you take any Turmeric? You have to get the inflammation down. Turmeric and garlic oil would help tremendously.
    No but Ive been taking Advil

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Sometimes all you need is time for it to heal. Efforts to "cure" it may cause more irritation and make it hurt longer.
    I'm beginning to think that too.

Hit your thumb with a hammer. You will forget wll about your ear.

I know you have had a very hard time lately. Just trying to cheer you up.
    Do something Dodgers.

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    Hit your thumb with a hammer. You will forget wll about your ear.

I know you have had a very hard time lately. Just trying to cheer you up.

If you have a helmet lying around, you can put that on and it will help it go away
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Rand Paul (Vice Pres) 2016!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    be cautious with repeated steroid use; you ears (or eyes) can become prone to fungal and herpes infections which are more difficult to treat and can lead to hearing loss (or blindness)
    I have used this about once a year for about 20 years. What it has done is kept me from getting double ear infections every year. Which I had been getting before I found out about Tobradex.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12