Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Trump To Skip White House Correspondants Dinner

The dinner is supposed to be where the president and the media make fun of themselves. Guess Trump doesn't have a sense of humor. Still bearing emotional scars from when Obama joked about him?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I would not go if I were him.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    The dinner is supposed to be where the president and the media make fun of themselves. Guess Trump doesn't have a sense of humor. Still bearing emotional scars from when Obama joked about him?

President Trump does not want to make "fun" with the fakestream media. He wants to destroy them.

I hope he succeeds.
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesiv1 View Post
    Trump doesn't want to "get along" with the fakestream media, he wants to destroy them.

So do I.
    Viva la revolución

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Viva la revolución
    Just a year after Donald Trump skipped the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) amid questions about his conservative credentials, the now-president returned to the event for a hero’s welcome. The conservative movement, long focused on fiscal discipline and reigning in government overreach, was remade in his image.
    SO MUCH WINNING

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    SO MUCH WINNING
    CPAC demonstrates clearly that Republicans know a good thing when they see one.

Unlike the liberal lunatics of the DNC that remain defiant in their denial.

"If you think they are going to give you back your country without a fight, you are sadly mistaken." -- Steve Bannon, CPAC 2017
    Last edited by Jamesiv1; 02-26-2017 at 05:48 PM.
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.

CPAC demonstrates clearly that Republicans know a good thing when they see one.

Unlike the liberal lunatics of the DNC that remain defiant in their denial.
    DNC - the party of Islam.

This thing isn't until April?

Another one of Zippy's jokes ending up flat on their face.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MIND WOULD SKIP THIS??!!

1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.

President Trump does not want to make "fun" with the fakestream media. He wants to destroy them.

I hope he succeeds.

He wants to control the media- most dictator types do. Can't have opposition opinions.

He wants to control the media- most dictator types do. Can't have opposition opinions.
    Please cite any evidence of legislation or other force being used by Trump to control the media.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Please cite any evidence of legislation or other force being used by Trump to control the media.
    He hasn't passed legislation. He is trying to use intimidation and calling what they print "fake news" to try to discredit them ("Fake news" is news Trump doesn't like- even if it is actually true). He is also starting to deny access to press briefings.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifes...=.292d3f5a3836

CNN, New York Times, other media barred from White House briefing

The White House blocked a number of news organizations from attending an informal briefing Friday, a rare and surprising move that came amid President Trump’s escalating war against the media.

White House press secretary Sean Spicer banned reporters from CNN, the New York Times, Politico, the Los Angeles Times and BuzzFeed from attending a “gaggle,” a non-televised briefing, but gave access to a number of other reporters, including those representing conservative outlets.
    The unusual ban came the same day that Trump, appearing at an annual gathering of conservatives, launched another round of complaints about the news media. Speaking at the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC), Trump called reporters “dishonest” and “fake” and denounced the use of anonymous sources in reports about his administration.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 02-27-2017 at 12:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Love that clip showing Trump deciding right then and there to run for Prez. Who's laughing now?

Last edited by openfire; 02-27-2017 at 12:33 PM.

He hasn't passed legislation. He is trying to use intimidation and calling what they print "fake news" to try to discredit them ("Fake news" is news Trump doesn't like- most if it is actually true). He is also starting to deny access to press briefings.

He hasn't passed legislation. He is trying to use intimidation and calling what they print "fake news" to try to discredit them ("Fake news" is news Trump doesn't like- most if it is actually true). He is also starting to deny access to press briefings.

So completely unlike a dictator then? Your implication seems to be that a president should sit back and let the media control the narrative and say what ever they want without being disputed. I don't think either the president or the media should have free reign to say whatever they want without others having the right to dispute them. Him disputing, calling names or discrediting is something anybody in a free society can do (including the president), the moment he starts using government force to stop them, then you can make the dictator claim. Until then it is hyperbolic horse$#@! and you shouldn't take yourself down to that level.

As to not being allowed to attend the WH briefing, IIRC, he invited other groups to attend at the same time. Where is the law or freedom that guarantees CNN or The Times or others access to the briefing? Have there not always been thousands of reporters or outlets not allowed to go to the briefings? I see no problem with it, in fact I think access would should be a randomly drawn revolving pool that nobody is guaranteed access to and anybody can apply.
    Last edited by specsaregood; 02-27-2017 at 12:43 PM.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    He invited "friendly" media like Breitbart and Fox. Even Putin and Xi Jinping don't shut down all media. The media is supposed to be the voice of the people - keeping politicians in check. The Constitution says they are important too. Are you opposed to the freedom of the media? Would you have the same reaction if Obama did the same thing?

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 02-27-2017 at 12:47 PM.

while I loathe these special folks in general (similar to those attending a "Hollywood fundraiser"), I gotta say that Trump's a pussy.
    Seattle Sounders 2016 MLS Cup Champions 2019 MLS Cup Champions 2022 CONCACAF Champions League - and the [un]official football club of RPF

just a libertarian - no caucus

He invited "friendly" media like Breitbart and Fox. Even Putin and Xi Jinping don't shut down all media. The media is supposed to be the voice of the people - keeping politicians in check. The Constitution says they are important too. Are you opposed to the freedom of the media? Would you have the same reaction if Obama did the same thing?
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances
    Once again, you make an implication that he is doing something that is somehow unconstitutional. Nothing you just cited in that quote says anything about the president ridiculing, disputing or arguing with the media. In fact, it puts a restriction on congress, not the executive branch.

Yes, the media is supposed to be the voice of the people, LOL @ that thought. Did you really say that with a straight face? Who cares if he invited friendly media? He still invited media, are you saying that the friendly media are not the voice of the people and only the unfriendly media is?

If Obama screwed with the media I would be just as supportive of his right to do so as I am Trump. You seem to think the media should control the narrative, I don't.

I think they'll always let pool reporters in.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

He hasn't passed legislation. He is trying to use intimidation and calling what they print "fake news" to try to discredit them ("Fake news" is news Trump doesn't like- even if it is actually true). He is also starting to deny access to press briefings.
    Good. Maybe they'll start actually doing investigative journalism instead of merely reading press releases.

Banned

Blog Entries

Media started the fake news thing, by trying to discredit and censor the opinions they don't like.
    And the blatant censorship is happening to Trump supporters, like David Seaman, Milo Yiannopolous, Sargon of Akkad, Placeboing, and dozens, if not hundreds, if not thousands of other Trump supporting independent media and commentators. They are the ones getting their youtube channels and twitter accounts deleted, they are the ones getting banned from forums and reddit. They are the ones losing advertisers due to outsider pressure. And they are doing so to corporations who held secret meetings and plans with Hillary Clinton to win her the presidency by data mining and shutting off opinions to people based on metadata, as revealed in wikileaks, most notably Facebook and Google.

And trump can deny access to press briefings., In fact, he proposed a larger room,t o allow more press in, b ut the mainstream media threw a fit. And they still throw a fit about Spicer taking Skype questions.

And how is he "intimidating" the MSM?

If Obama screwed with the media I would be just as supportive of his right to do so as I am Trump.
    "If" Let's take a ride on the time machine.
    He hacked CBS reporter Cheryl Atkinson's computers, because she was critical of him.
    He blocked FOX News from multiple "press gaggles" and "private meetings"
    He threw three papers off his campaign plane, (Washington times, New York Post, and Dallas Morning News), claiming there wasn't enough space, but there was enough space for Glamour and Jet magazines.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippy
    Would you have the same reaction if Obama did the same thing?
    Obama did do the same thing....

...and it was indeed his right to do so. Just like it is President Trump's right to exclude press members, like the tabloid rag BUZZFEED, who Obama gave press credentials to.

Going further back, George W Bush basically silenced Helen thomas by having his press secretaries refuse to call on her.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    So, exactly what law has President trump passed, or proposed, even?
    Even Putin and Xi Jinping don't shut down all media.
    Exactly what media has President Trump "shut down"? And I missed the part where President Trump shut down ALL media, "unlike Putin and Jinping."

You are so full of hyperbole and lies.
    Last edited by UWDude; 02-27-2017 at 10:59 PM.

I am not a shill. I always look at both sides of the issue.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Zippy, you discredit yourself.

the left started the fake news narrative after Hillary's defeat. Trump and his supporters are so good that they counter punched attacked with fake news memes that are now hurting even more the liberals and their sockpuppets like you.

With accusing Trump of becoming a dictator, even specsarenogood destroyed you in his reply. You are a sockpuppet. Sybil attacks by CTR.

Quote Originally Posted by Mordan View Post
    Zippy, you discredit yourself.

the left started the fake news narrative after Hillary's defeat. Trump and his supporters are so good that they counter punched attacked with fake news memes that are now hurting even more the liberals and their sockpuppets like you.

With accusing Trump of becoming a dictator, even specsarenogood destroyed you in his reply. You are a sockpuppet. Sybil attacks by CTR.
    We demand higher quality trolls!

He hasn't passed legislation. He is ...calling what they print "fake news" to try to discredit them ("Fake news" is news Trump doesn't like- even if it is actually true)...
    You didn't complain when it was Obama doing it.

During the first part of NBC's "Inside the Obama White House," Brian Williams asked Obama if he watches cable news debates about him. (TVNewser caught the exchange). June 03, 2009
    I generally don't. Mainly because I don't find most of the cable chatter very persuasive. I've used this analogy before, it feels like WWF wrestling. Everybody's got their role to play. I know a lot of these guys. And if Pat Buchanan is having a conversation with Chris Matthews or talking to Keith Olbermann, everybody's got their set pieces and, so, I don't feel as if I'm learning anything from the debate.

Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    I wonder if Trump could just cancel it completely.
    The MSM would cry that Trump is banning free speech. The left is so predictable.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast