Thread: Swedes already figured out how to avoid negative interest rates

Swedes already figured out how to avoid negative interest rates

By overpaying taxes. Smart swedes! At least until the government decides to stop repaying over-payments.

http://www.businessinsider.com/swedi...uch-tax-2017-2

The Swedish government is being forced to refund billions in taxes after Swedes deliberately paid too much as a consequence of the negative interest rates being implemented in the country.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    From what I can find, only banks borrowing from their central bank are subject to negative interest rates. Personal accounts are not currently charging them (some are zero percent but so are some accounts in the US like checking accounts. Bank deposit rates: https://sweden.deposits.org/deposits/seb/

I have an account with a life ins co that actually pays interest . My bank accounts amount to nothing as far as paying interest , even at several thousand dollars it is under the reportable amount for filing taxes .
    Do something Danke