Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Trump at CPAC: "It will be one of the greatest military buildups in American history"

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Is Trump inarticulate?

I really dig Trump's body language anytime he comes into a venue. The claps, the thumbsup, feels genuine.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by afwjam View Post
    Can someone explain to me how spending more on the military is conservative?
    Because you hate America if you disagree with this policy.
    No - No - No - No

Quote Originally Posted by rpfocus View Post
    'Upgrading the military' or "one of the greatest military buildups in American history?"
    Here's the Constitutional way to meet his promise.

Requisition and distribute a single M-4 (iron sights only) and 10 cans of ammunition for every male without an arrest record and as defined by the Second Militia Act of 1792. Using 2010 census data the cost would be slightly less than the current annual budget of the Army. Lather-rinse-repeat every five years. Just saved 80% of the Army annual budget AND executed the greatest military buildup in American history.

Mic drop.

XNN
    "They sell us the president the same way they sell us our clothes and our cars. They sell us every thing from youth to religion the same time they sell us our wars. I want to know who the men in the shadows are. I want to hear somebody asking them why. They can be counted on to tell us who our enemies are but theyre never the ones to fight or to die." - Jackson Browne Lives In The Balance

Quote Originally Posted by georgiaboy View Post
    You're gonna need a bigger boat.

XNN
    "They sell us the president the same way they sell us our clothes and our cars. They sell us every thing from youth to religion the same time they sell us our wars. I want to know who the men in the shadows are. I want to hear somebody asking them why. They can be counted on to tell us who our enemies are but theyre never the ones to fight or to die." - Jackson Browne Lives In The Balance

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by asurfaholic View Post
    Because you hate America if you disagree with this policy.
    Hating America is fashionable. That's all that matters. You don't need any flimsy excuses.

XNN

Quote Originally Posted by XNavyNuke View Post

Requisition and distribute a single M-4 (iron sights only) and 10 cans of ammunition for every male without an arrest record and as defined by the Second Militia Act of 1792. Using 2010 census data the cost would be slightly less than the current annual budget of the Army. Lather-rinse-repeat every five years. Just saved 80% of the Army annual budget AND executed the greatest military buildup in American history.

Mic drop.

XNN
    um... just males eh? You have a different weapon and ammo pack in mind for women?
    Disclaimer: any post made after midnight and before 8AM is made before the coffee dip stick has come up to optomim level - expect some level of silliness,

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    What complete and utter bull$#@!. What you're looking at are natural and seasonal fluctuations in the size of the debt. It's tax season. Trump has done exactly dick to reduce spending or the debt.
    Exactly. I've been watching the debt closely for years and you really have to look on an annual basis for it to make sense. You can have 4 or 5 months of nothing and then it'll jump by 300 billion.

So far it looks to me like Trump is making symbolic cuts to tiny things like hiring freezes, but making big increases in other areas (wall, defense) and not touching the big stuff on autopilot like SS and Medicare.

Let's see what happens March 15 when the debt ceiling expires. My guess is the Republicans cave just like the Democrats did and re-suspend the debt ceiling. They'll probably use the same bogus excuse as well, that the money is already spent.

Quote Originally Posted by opal View Post
    um... just males eh? You have a different weapon and ammo pack in mind for women?
    In the 2nd Amendment, the "militia" was local men, 14 & up, who were to be armed and protect their communities.
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by openfire View Post
    I thought the federal hiring freeze was a good start.
    That's like the fat person who orders a diet coke and then follows it with a triple cheeseburger, fries, ice cream, pie ...

Absolutely.

Artillery corps. Unfortunately I suspect a little pushback from the My Damn Wombs Against Cannon Balls. You do have room in your two car garage for an M119, right?

XNN

Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post
    That's like the fat person who orders a diet coke and then follows it with a triple cheeseburger, fries, ice cream, pie ...
    ....or ordering a salad in public, and chasing it with a half-gallon of ice cream at home.
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

“I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by otherone View Post
    ....or ordering a salad in public, and chasing it with a half-gallon of ice cream at home.
    My favorite is the person who gets a salad and then puts a half-gallon of mayo-based dressing on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Question for anyone who can read this. Has anyone in your personal life who is not a politician or MIC worker said this or similar thing to you. "You know what our country needs? a more advanced equipment and arsenal". I ask this cos you hear so many politicians promise this like there are millions of people out there asking for it.

My quess is that if there are people like that in the world, that wish would still be very low on their needs list.
    Unfortunately, there are a lot of Hannity type people out there.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Related?

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    McMaster on Ukraine/ Russia: http://www.politico.com/magazine/sto...t-study-213811

Lieutenant General H.R. McMaster has a shaved head and gung-ho manner that only add to his reputation as the U.S. Army’s leading warrior-intellectual, one who often quotes famed Prussian general and military theorist Carl Von Clausewitz. A decade ago, McMaster fought a pitched battle inside the Pentagon for a new concept of warfare to address the threat from Islamist terrorists and insurgents in Afghanistan, Iraq and other trouble spots. Now, his new mission is more focused. Target: Moscow.

POLITICO has learned that, following the stunning success of Russia’s quasi-secret incursion into Ukraine, McMaster is quietly overseeing a high-level government panel intended to figure out how the Army should adapt to this Russian wake-up call. Partly, it is a tacit admission of failure on the part of the Army — and the U.S. government more broadly.

“It is clear that while our Army was engaged in Afghanistan and Iraq, Russia studied U.S. capabilities and vulnerabilities and embarked on an ambitious and largely successful modernization effort,” McMaster told the Senate Armed Services Committee last week. “In Ukraine, for example, the combination of unmanned aerial systems and offensive cyber and advanced electronic warfare capabilities depict a high degree of technological sophistication.”

In Ukraine, a rapidly mobilized Russian-supplied rebel army with surprisingly lethal tanks, artillery and anti-tank weapons has unleashed swarms of unmanned aerial vehicles and cyberattacks that shut down battlefield communications and even GPS.

The discussions of what has been gleaned so far on visits to Ukraine—and from various other studies conducted by experts in and out of government in the U.S. and Europe—have highlighted a series of early takeaways, according to a copy of a briefing that was delivered in recent weeks to the top leadership in the Pentagon and in allied capitals.

U.S. military and intelligence officials worry that Moscow now has the advantage in key areas. Lighter armored vehicles like those the Army relied on heavily in Iraq and Afghanistan are highly vulnerable to its new weapons. And main battle tanks like Russia’s T-90—thought to be an anachronism in recent conflicts—are still decisive.

McMaster added that “Russia possesses a variety of rocket, missile and cannon artillery systems that outrange and are more lethal than U.S. Army artillery systems and munitions.” Its tanks, meanwhile, are so improved that they are “largely invulnerable to anti-tank missiles,” says retired General Wesley Clark, who served as NATO commander from 1997 to 2000 and has been sounding the alarm about what the Ukraine conflict means for the U.S. military.

Also on display in Ukraine to an alarming degree: Moscow’s widespread political subversion of Ukrainian institutions, part of what experts are now calling “hybrid warfare” that combines military power with covert efforts to undermine an enemy government. Russia has since then also intervened with ground forces and airstrikes in Syria—apparently somewhat successfully—and flexed its muscles in other ways. This week, two Russian fighter jets and a military helicopter repeatedly buzzed a U.S. Navy warship in the Baltic Sea, despite radio warnings.

McMaster’s response is the Russia New Generation Warfare Study, whose government participants have already made several unpublicized trips to the front lines in Ukraine. The high-level but low-profile effort is intended to ignite a wholesale rethinking—and possibly even a redesign—of the Army in the event it has to confront the Russians in Eastern Europe.

It is expected to have profound impact on what the U.S. Army will look like in the coming years, the types of equipment it buys and how its units train. Some of the early lessons will be road tested in a major war game planned for June in Poland. Says retired Army Chief of Staff General Gordon Sullivan: “That is all designed to demonstrate that we are in the game.”

Karber says the lethality of new Russian munitions has been striking, including the use of scatterable mines, which the U.S. States no longer possesses. And he counts at least 14 different types of drones used in the conflict and reports that one Ukrainian unit he was embedded with witnessed up to eight drone flights in a single day. “How do you attack an adversary’s UAV?” asks Clark. “Can we blind, disrupt or shoot down these systems? The U.S. military hasn’t suffered any significant air attacks since 1943.”

The new Army undertaking is headed by Brigadier General Peter L. Jones, commandant of the U.S. Army Infantry School at Fort Benning, Georgia. But it is the brainchild of McMaster, who as head of the Army Capabilities Integration Center at Fort Eustis, Virginia, is responsible for figuring out what the Army should look like in 2025 and beyond.

Clark describes McMaster’s effort as th
    e most dramatic rethinking since the collapse of the Soviet Union. “These are the kind of issues the U.S. Army hasn’t worked since the end of the Cold War 25 years ago.”

More at link.
    http://abcnews.go.com/International/...grade-45652381
    Along with a steady flow of new missiles, planes and tanks, Russia's defense minister said Wednesday his nation also has built up its muscle by forming a new branch of the military — information warfare troops.

[...]

Speaking to parliament, Shoigu said that the military received a sweeping array of new weapons last year, including 41 intercontinental ballistic missiles.

He added that the wide-ranging military modernization will continue this year, with the air force set to receive 170 new aircraft. The army will receive 905 tanks and other armored vehicles, and the navy will receive 17 new ships.

Also this year, three regiments of Russia's strategic nuclear forces will receive new intercontinental ballistic missiles, Shoigu said. Each regiment has up to 10 launchers.

The rising number of new weapons has raised demands for new personnel. Shoigu said the military currently needs 1,300 more pilots and will recruit them by 2018.

[...]

The weapons modernization effort has seen the 1-million strong Russian military narrow the technological gap in areas where Russia had fallen behind the West, such as long-range conventional weapons, communications and drone technologies.

Shoigu said the military now has 2,000 drones compared to just 180 in 2011. He also noted that Russia has now deployed new long-range early warning radars to survey the airspace along the entire length of its borders.

Shoigu also said the military will complete the formation of three new divisions in the nation's west and southwest, and also deploy a new division on the Pacific Islands, which have been claimed by Japan.

The dispute over the Kuril Islands just north of Japan, which the former Soviet Union seized in the closing days of World War II, has prevented the two countries from signing a peace treaty.

Russia previously has deployed new long-range anti-ship missiles on the Kurils to protect the coast. The deployment of a full-fledged Russian army division there appears intended to stake Moscow's claim to the islands, which have strategic importance and are surrounded by fertile fishing grounds.

Question for anyone who can read this. Has anyone in your personal life who is not a politician or MIC worker said this or similar thing to you. "You know what our country needs? a more advanced equipment and arsenal". I ask this cos you hear so many politicians promise this like there are millions of people out there asking for it.

My quess is that if there are people like that in the world, that wish would still be very low on their needs list.
    The media does a good job fear-mongering people into thinking like that and the fear makes it a higher priority than one may expect. My grandma recently said to me that 'people have a right to be scared', presumably referencing a right to be scared of Muslims. The media does a good job with the 'the state needs to do this, but it isn't!!111!', and people who put faith in those media sources then believe it too. To answer the question more directly, I'm not certain if I have or haven't.

Absolutely.

Artillery corps. Unfortunately I suspect a little pushback from the My Damn Wombs Against Cannon Balls. You do have room in your two car garage for an M119, right?

XNN
    wouldn't it be more practical to have it on a revolving platform on the roof? - please deliver with a crane
    Disclaimer: any post made after midnight and before 8AM is made before the coffee dip stick has come up to optomim level - expect some level of silliness,

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living !!!!!!!

wouldn't it be more practical to have it on a revolving platform on the roof? - please deliver with a crane
    Sorry. Fixed emplacements would only be authorized on waterfront properties for use as shore batteries. Everyone else gets the towed version.

XNN

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    I believe the phrase is "RON PAUL ON STERIODS"
    Yes, and for obvious reasons.
    Trump and Dr. Ron Paul both agree that water is wet, ya know.
    Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
    "I think the propaganda machine is the biggest problem that we face today in trying to get the truth out to people."
    Ron Paul

Please watch, subscribe, like, & share, Ron Paul Liberty Report
    BITCHUTE IS A LIBERTY MINDED ALTERNATIVE TO GOOGLE SUBSIDIARY YOUTUBE

"I'm gonna be like Ron Paul on steroids. On soo many steroids. You guys will be like 'Please Donald! No more steroids!', but I'll keep taking them."

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Trump!

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Yup. Lol. Did you catch the part where he says, "Bernie is right on trade"? Hilarious!

So let's get this straight... HUGE military build-up AND protectionist trade?! Oh, this is going to end well, fo sho!
    You are confused.

Bernie was against the Trans Pacific Partnership and seemingly the other multilateral trade deals. Trump is too; as is Ron Paul. This is what he was referring to.

Essentially, the TPP is one of those backroom globalism deals that only benefit key insiders, like big business and organized labor. It’s not free trade at all. It’s crony managed trade.
    http://economiccollapsenews.com/2016...for-americans/
    Last edited by LibertyEagle; 02-26-2017 at 03:30 AM.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Quote Originally Posted by afwjam View Post
    'Good point, it does seem the known neocon McCain and Trump agree on spending more on the Military. Since McCain is the opposite of conservative, does that make trump and his cucksuckers liberals?
    You flunked logic. Just sayin'.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    You are confused.

Bernie was against the Trans Pacific Partnership and seemingly the other multilateral trade deals. Trump is too; as is Ron Paul. This is what he was referring to.
    No. You are being a dishonest lying apologist for your cult of personality! Trump and Sanders both dislike these deals because they are protectionists. Ron Paul is not a protectionist. He opposes these deals on sovereignty concerns. Ron Paul would have us drop all of our trade barriers regardless of what other nations do.

Damn liars. Still trying to sell the "Ron Paul on steroids" BS! Lies. Damned lies.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by P3ter_Griffin View Post
    The media does a good job fear-mongering people into thinking like that and the fear makes it a higher priority than one may expect. My grandma recently said to me that 'people have a right to be scared', presumably referencing a right to be scared of Muslims. The media does a good job with the 'the state needs to do this, but it isn't!!111!', and people who put faith in those media sources then believe it too. To answer the question more directly, I'm not certain if I have or haven't.
    Yea, I understand people being scared of head chopping militants muslims or not. But does your grandma think we need to more technology advanced technology to defeat them? Maybe I am wrong but I don't think she believes that we need better missile defense systems, new air crafts etc etc just a commitment to fight them in order to defeat them. .

Yea, I understand people being scared of head chopping militants muslims or not. But does your grandma think we need to more technology advanced technology to defeat them? Maybe I am wrong but I don't think she believes that we need better missile defense systems, new air crafts etc etc just a commitment to fight them in order to defeat them. .
    Russia started a fight with a knife and now America has to respond with a gun.

Mic drop.

XNN
    without an arrest record
    Lose that. Make it every willing body outside of a cage.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Lose that. Make it every willing body outside of a cage.
    followed by an executive order stating that for one whole day all crimes committed against American politicians including murder are legal. Specifically give every politician the right to resign with a permanent lobbying ban and on ever holding office anywhere in America.

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    followed by an executive order stating that for one whole day all crimes committed against American politicians including murder are legal.
    No,
    Murder is never legal. nor right.

Just legalize self defense.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast