Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump at CPAC: "It will be one of the greatest military buildups in American history"

Quote Originally Posted by openfire View Post
    Not that I agree with it, but we also already knew that he intended to do fiscal stimulus, while cutting wasteful spending. So there is an offset.

Trump has already reduced the debt by $12 Billion in his first month:

Thats a small start, let's cut everything. Nothing individuals couldent do better with the money.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Not that I agree with it, but we also already knew that he intended to do fiscal stimulus, while cutting wasteful spending. So there is an offset.

What complete and utter bull$#@!. What you're looking at are natural and seasonal fluctuations in the size of the debt. It's tax season. Trump has done exactly dick to reduce spending or the debt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    We already knew he intended to upgrade the military.
    'Upgrading the military' or "one of the greatest military buildups in American history?"

Quote Originally Posted by robert68 View Post
    So 2-1=3. In any case the "lower taxes" will be offset by tax increases.
    He can cut taxes and still finance his big govt. All he has to do is borrow and print up the difference. That worked very well for Reagan.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    He can cut taxes and still finance his big govt. All he has to do is borrow and print up the difference. That worked very well for Reagan.
    Reagan also passed huge tax increases. He can do both.

I'm hoping the house Freedom Caucus can block Trump on this, as well as block his proposed increase in infrastructure spending.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Trump has done exactly dick to reduce spending or the debt.
    I thought the federal hiring freeze was a good start.

He "reduced the debt" without actually paying a dime! All in one month! AMAZING!

Then again, he also took credit for strong January jobs numbers despite not actually becoming president until Jan 20th, so...

Quote Originally Posted by undergroundrr View Post
    Maybe he'll offset the outlays by selling the retired surplus weaponry to your local police force.
    More likely sell it to ISIS before he "totally obliterates" them.
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

Question for anyone who can read this. Has anyone in your personal life who is not a politician or MIC worker said this or similar thing to you. "You know what our country needs? a more advanced equipment and arsenal". I ask this cos you hear so many politicians promise this like there are millions of people out there asking for it.

My quess is that if there are people like that in the world, that wish would still be very low on their needs list.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The bigger government gets, the smaller I wish it was.
    My new motto: More Love, Less Laws

Question for anyone who can read this. Has anyone in your personal life who is not a politician or MIC worker said this or similar thing to you. "You know what our country needs? a more advanced equipment and arsenal". I ask this cos you hear so many politicians promise this like there are millions of people out there asking for it.

My quess is that if there are people like that in the world, that wish would still be very low on their needs list.
    I've heard the magic bean argument but not just for military. The government cannot control the price of goods yet most problems that people have with government is the cost. The government is in business to make things cost more, and when they do this, they make people think they have the power to control the price of things.

Its a carrot-stick bull$#@! that goes back since the fed was created. Lots of people want to feel like they are safe, and making the military cost more is one way to make people think that they are getting something high value, while hiding the true cost. With healthcare its the worst, I think that more money would probably get spent on medicine rather then health care if we had honest accounting.

Exactly. The United States already has the most powerful military in the world. Political sensibilities are what keep us from using it to it's full effect. That isn't going to change by carrying out "one of the greatest military buildups in American history."

Quote Originally Posted by rpfocus View Post
    Exactly. The United States already has the most powerful military in the world. Political sensibilities are what keep us from using it to it's full effect. That isn't going to change by carrying out "one of the greatest military buildups in American history."
    The MIC can essentially print money so their advertisements are extraordinary. Selling Americans the most powerful military in the world is like selling ice to an eskimo.

Yeah, those words were followed up with an authorization to hire 10,000 more federal agents with weaponry.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Thank goodness. Alex Jones. Finally an objective voice we can rely on.
    Partisan politics, misleading or emotional bill titles, and 4D chess theories are manifestations of the same lie—that the text of the Constitution, the text of legislation, and plain facts do not matter; what matters is what you want to believe. From this comes hypocrisy. And where hypocrisy thrives, virtue recedes. Without virtue, liberty dies. - Justin Amash, March 2018

Hiring freeze? The Federal "hiring freeze" has an exemption for any job that relates to public safety or defense. That's how they're hiring 15k additional ICE agents. Oh, and they added 16k to the size of the Army. And today he promised more.
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So far it seems growing the government is Trumps priority, not very conservative, in fact he is a liberal, just like the fanatical cucksuckers that think one leader, the right leader will save them. Dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by afwjam View Post
    So far it seems growing the government is Trumps priority, not very conservative, in fact he is a liberal, just like the fanatical cucksuckers that think one leader, the right leader will save them. Dangerous.
    He definitely seems at war with him self at times. When he is not talking out of both sides of his mouth he is downright refuting something he previously said before. This is making America look like a banana republic. Is this the secret Russian deal, do we tell the citizens of the world that freedom isn't real ?

Quote Originally Posted by otherone View Post
    More likely sell it to ISIS before he "totally obliterates" them.
    Thats one way to get some tax dollars back . I like the way you think
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Hiring freeze? The Federal "hiring freeze" has an exemption for any job that relates to public safety or defense. That's how they're hiring 15k additional ICE agents. Oh, and they added 16k to the size of the Army. And today he promised more.
    I may be able to live with that if they would cut two or more from all the unconstitutional agencies for ea one of those .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Thats one way to get some tax dollars back . I like the way you think
    Tax dollars "back"?

All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

Tax dollars "back"?

LOL , I was down there during that time .
    Do something Danke

Can someone explain to me how spending more on the military is conservative?

FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Tax dollars "back"?

$#@! U U LIAR
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

Well, first of all it's a "con" and them you'll be forced to "serve".
    There is no spoon.

I'm sure John McCain could fill you in.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    I'm sure John McCain could fill you in.

'Good point, it does seem the known neocon McCain and Trump agree on spending more on the Military. Since McCain is the opposite of conservative, does that make trump and his cucksuckers liberals?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast