Thread: Montana Governor: Individuals can not be trusted on open carry

Montana Governor: Individuals can not be trusted on open carry

Montana I thought was a bastion for Firearm Freedom? Governor knows best. Sarc

Montana Governor Bullock Vetoes Constitutional Carry…Again
    http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...ional-carry-2/

Dean Weingarten
    February 23, 2017

Governor Steve Bullock (D) of Montana has vetoed constitutional carry again. The bill, HB 262 was struck down on Thursday afternoon. In an nbcmontana.com article, Governor Bullock stated that individuals can’t be trusted to decide whether or not to carry firearms.

Bullock noted in his veto letter that he had rejected two bills identical to Harris’ measure in past sessions. The governor says the idea of allowing individuals to decide for themselves whether they are eligible to carry concealed weapons is absurd.

An override attempt of the veto is unlikely. The bill passed with strong margins, about 60% of the votes in each house, but it did not get the two thirds necessary for an override.

©2017 by Dean Weingarten: Permission to share is granted when this notice is included.
    Gun Watch
    USE THIS SITE TO LINK ARTICLES FROM OLIGARCH MEDIA:http://archive.is/ STARVE THE BEAST.
    More Government = Less Freedom
    Communism never disappeared it only changed its name to Social Democrat
    Emotion and Logic mix like oil and water

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Governor Steve Bullock (D) of Montana

If Matt Collins were there, dude would have signed that bill.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    If Matt Collins were there, dude would have signed that bill.
    If Matt Collins were there, they would have voted hard enough to get 67%
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Actually , Montana really does need Collins .
    Do something Danke

The governor says the idea of allowing individuals to decide for themselves whether they are eligible to carry concealed weapons is absurd.
    Without licenses, it would be chaos... blood in the streets.

Please, for the sake of our children, practice gun safety, and carry a license with your weapon at all times.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

You can thank the CIA for this. From false flags to instigating hatred within the Muslim communities. People are paranoid as $#@! on both sides.

Quote Originally Posted by seapilot View Post
    Montana I thought was a bastion for Firearm Freedom?
    That is New Hampshire where we just passed the best Constitutional Carry law in the nation. We have an optional license that is good in half of the states. We don't have any age requirement at all. We don't have a duty to inform the police. We don't have a residency requirement. No other state even comes close!
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This is bad.
    For the Republic! For the Cause!
    The Truth About Central Banking and Business Cycles
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaxIPPMR3fI#t=186

Bullock vetoed one measure Thursday by Republican Rep. Randy Brodehl of Kalispell that would have allowed anyone to carry a firearm in a post office.
    Does MT law specifically prohibit the carrying in a federal Post Office? Why would it do that?
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith and stuff View Post
    Does MT law specifically prohibit the carrying in a federal Post Office? Why would it do that?
    Federal Government property laws. The states are the Unions bitches.

Thankfully this governor is around. How would people in MT know when to eat without Steve

Montana - Summer getaway and Chateau de Versailles for the west coast elite. Bullock thinks he's some kind of big political mover and shaker when he's really a mere estate caretaker for the monied masters.

XNN
    "They sell us the president the same way they sell us our clothes and our cars. They sell us every thing from youth to religion the same time they sell us our wars. I want to know who the men in the shadows are. I want to hear somebody asking them why. They can be counted on to tell us who our enemies are but theyre never the ones to fight or to die." - Jackson Browne Lives In The Balance

Quote Originally Posted by Keith and stuff View Post
    That is New Hampshire where we just passed the best Constitutional Carry law in the nation. We have an optional license that is good in half of the states. We don't have any age requirement at all. We don't have a duty to inform the police. We don't have a residency requirement. No other state even comes close!
    Missouri's seem pretty damn good....

Quote Originally Posted by The Northbreather View Post
    Missouri's seem pretty damn good....
    MO is better than average and just got better. No state has perfect firearm laws, unfortunately. With MO there is a long list of prohibited places. The new law reduces the age requirement from 21 to 19. However, there is no justifiable argument for a 19 year old age requirement. I disagree with states that make it 18, but lawmakers in those states might just be confused. It is my opinion that lawmakers in MO made it 19 specifically to violate the Constitution. http://www.lakeexpo.com/news/lake_ne...22708d618.html

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Opposing legalized open carry is like closing your eyes and putting your fingers in your ears. The guns are still there whether you see them or not.

One person will say, "Why do you want to conceal that? What are you trying to hide? You must be up to something bad."
    Another will say, "Carrying a gun openly will trigger shootouts at high noon. Keep it concealed."

Gun laws in America are retarded and I don't mean that in the way Europeans usually say it. In the US, a short barreled rifle is more restricted than a pistol of the same model of firearm. In Canada, a pistol is more restricted than a short barreled rifle of the same model of firearm. The existence, or lack thereof, of a butt-stock doesn't make it any more dangerous.

"Individuals can not be trusted ________________________."

Fill in the blank. To the Mommy-Staters, everything can go in that blank.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    "Individuals can not be trusted ________________________."

Fill in the blank. To the Mommy-Staters, everything can go in that blank.
    We all should be treated like the toddlers we are, unable to wipe our own ass without the government help.