Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: White House hints at crackdown on recreational marijuana

Quote Originally Posted by JK/SEA View Post
    there's ALWAYS going to be government, or kings, tribal chiefs, etc.

goodluck in whatever utopia you manage to build...this planet ain't big enough to just 'disappear'...can it be done?...the yukon is not far away...lots of game and gold.
    I lived in the arctic for two years, I still needed to eat, but the lack of federal enforcement of what I put in my body did not seem to be a problem. Why does the supposed requirement of government existence justify our government in telling us what to do with our bodies. It was was not the governments business when it was founded, why should it be now? Because the government exists? Or because you want to kick people out of the country and will blindly support a leader on anything as long as he says that?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by afwjam View Post
    I lived in the arctic for two years, I still needed to eat, but the lack of federal enforcement of what I put in my body did not seem to be a problem. Why does the supposed requirement of government existence justify our government in telling us what to do with our bodies. It was was not the governments business when it was founded, why should it be now? Because the government exists? Or because you want to kick people out of the country and will blindly support a leader on anything as long as he says that?

kick people out of the country?...kind of a simplistic statement, but no matter. The point is, this is what we have now in this life plane. Short of an asteroid killing 75% of the worlds population, nothing will really change in regards to the fact there is always going to be people who want to control everything. Resistance is healthy, and does get some results for changes, but...still, we will always be either master or slave. At least we have a choice...lol....

Quote Originally Posted by JK/SEA View Post
    kick people out of the country?...kind of a simplistic statement, but no matter. The point is, this is what we have now in this life plane. Short of an asteroid killing 75% of the worlds population, nothing will really change in regards to the fact there is always going to be people who want to control everything. Resistance is healthy, and does get some results for changes, but...still, we will always be either master or slave. At least we have a choice...lol....
    Makes sense. You don't believe in individual Liberty, why do you come to this forum?

Here is a NORML form letter quick link to congress supporting H.R. 975

http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/o/51046/...tion_KEY=19997

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.

If only someone could point out to Trump or Sessions

that the Feds HOLD A PATENT ON THE MAIN INGREDIENT IN CANNABIS the "war" on the most useful plant on the planet would be over instantly.

Cannabinoids as antioxidants and neuroprotectants

United States Patent 6,630,507
    Assignee: The United States of America as represented by the Department of Health and Human Services (Washington, DC)

Abstract

Cannabinoids have been found to have antioxidant properties, unrelated to NMDA receptor antagonism. This new found property makes cannabinoids useful in the treatment and prophylaxis of wide variety of oxidation associated diseases, such as ischemic, age-related, inflammatory and autoimmune diseases. The cannabinoids are found to have particular application as neuroprotectants, for example in limiting neurological damage following ischemic insults, such as stroke and trauma, or in the treatment of neurodegenerative diseases, such as Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease and HIV dementia...http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-P...&RS=PN/6630507

Oh look- here's ANOTHER one:

Use of cannabinoids as anti-inflammatory agents #6,410,588
    Assignee: The Mathilda and Terence Kennedy Institute of Rheumatology (London, GB)
    Yissum Research and Development Company of the Hebrew University of Jerusalem (Jerulasem, IL)

Abstract

The application relates to the identification that cannabinoids, such as cannabidiol can be used to treat inflammatory diseases. Cannabinoids for use in treating inflammatory diseases, methods of treating inflammatory diseases and cannabinoids in combination with pharmaceutically acceptable carriers are claimed...http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-P...ery=PN/6410588

27 other cannabis related patents and applications for patents http://hempoil.com/us-patent-6630507-cannabinoids/

It's about money and control

A Trump supporter lays down the law......

FJB

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to GunnyFreedom again.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Did the Press Secretary miss Donald Trump saying that he was ok with cannabis in states where it is legal?

I haven't heard Trump himself say anything about enforcing federal cannabis laws in states where it is legal.

If they do start that $#@!, I will be the first one out protesting, but call me skeptical.

Good grief Dannno! For a 9/11 truther you are super gullible when it comes to Trump. Have you never heard of the term "trial balloon?" Trump takes both sides on almost every issue imaginable, tosses up trial balloons and then basis his policy on the way the wind blows. Trump is supposed to be this great manager right? What does a great manager do when an official spokesperson for his company actually goes off script.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Has Trump hisownself made any explicit statements on his views? If not, he ought to. Getting is second hand is bull$#@!, and slinging the "gateway drug" lies does his credibility no favors. If those are his true views, then shame and fie upon him. Otherwise, he needs a new press secretary. Badly.

I cannot quite wrap my head around this. Trump is no dummy, and yet there is this. What is amiss here?

I'm getting a sense of copping-out with saying that enforcement is "a question for the Department of Justice."

OTOH, he could be doing it right, if you think about it. "Policy" should not determine enforcement. Either a statute or law is enforced consistently, or it should be given the heave-ho. Perhaps if he allows Justice to go ape-crazy, the backlash will be sufficient to spur Congress to act. It gets him off the hook and relieves him of acting in capacities not specified in the Constitution. I know that is a bit much for which to hope, but it is not quite far-fetched. It will be interesting to see how this shakes out.

Sessions is a lunatic where the drug thing is concerned. If I heard him speaking about *****s the way he does about drugs, I would be well inclined to view him as a closet case. One can only wonder if there is something going on like that below the surface because he really does seem to protest a bit too strongly, saying impossibly stupid things... "good people don't smoke marriage-000-wanna". For a guy who supposed took the Klan to its knees, I cannot quite fathom why he holds such nitwitish views on this. I am all for people not doing drugs and I agree that many are highly destructive. It is not, however, any man's place to define crimes mala prohibita for any reason whatsoever, no matter how noble sound the reasons. If Sessions has so much all-fired love of the Constitution, he should cut the $#@! and get with the rational program. To listen to him speak about marriage-000-wanna, one would think he man a complete imbecile.

I am hoping Trump has a really clever and righteous strategy behind some of these seemingly questionable cabinet appointments. For once in my life I would like to see some significant good come out of an administration, rather than that which culminated in the Obammy tenure. This crap is gotten impossibly boring.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Has Trump hisownself made any explicit statements on his views?
    Uh, yes, like I said, he said medical cannabis should DEFINITELY be legal. He said cannabis should be legal in states where it is legal.

Very simple.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post

Good grief Dannno! For a 9/11 truther you are super gullible when it comes to Trump. Have you never heard of the term "trial balloon?" Trump takes both sides on almost every issue imaginable, tosses up trial balloons and then basis his policy on the way the wind blows. Trump is supposed to be this great manager right? What does a great manager do when an official spokesperson for his company actually goes off script.

When has Trump flip flopped on cannabis? Never. In the 90s he supported ending the war on drugs altogether. Now he supports escalating the war on drugs, largely by ensuring that drugs don't go across our borders. But he said he 100% supports medical cannabis, and he said he supported cannabis legalization in states that decide to do so. I have never heard him take an opposing view on cannabis specifically.

Read my post again, you are basing his stance on something his Press Secretary said, but wasn't very specific about, and then ultimately said they didn't know and forwarded the question to the Dept of Justice or something.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Banned

Blog Entries
    Has Trump hisownself made any explicit statements on his views?
    He has said medical should be legal, and recreational should be up to the states, multiple times.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Uh, yes, like I said, he said medical cannabis should DEFINITELY be legal. He said cannabis should be legal in states where it is legal.

Very simple.
    So then help my shriveled intellect grasp the other statements about "getting tough" and all that. I must be hopelessly bereft of smarts because I can't tell what's what anymore - who's telling truth v. lies and bull-dinky.

PS: This is yet another reason I am not yet ready to render judgment on Trump. The press hates him with bitter passion, which if we are to grant that what we see isn't 100% theater, must indicate SOMETHING worthy in the man.
    Last edited by osan; 03-08-2017 at 12:08 AM.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

So then help my shriveled intellect grasp the other statements about "getting tough" and all that. I must be hopelessly bereft of smarts because I can't tell what's what anymore - who's telling truth v. lies and bull-dinky.
    When he talks about being tough on the war on drugs, he is more referring to not letting them cross the border. I mean, I'm sure they will still do a lot of the stuff all the other administrations did, but as far as cracking down he usually talks about stopping the drugs from crossing the border.
    Last edited by dannno; 03-08-2017 at 12:10 AM.

When he talks about being tough on the war on drugs, he is more referring to not letting them cross the border. I mean, I'm sure they will still do a lot of the stuff all the other administrations did, but as far as cracking down he usually talks about stopping the drugs from crossing the border.
    OK, so then once again media and certain people here are mischaracterizing his words and positions.

Gee, how shocking.

There are some really bad hombres, when they aren't bringing the drugs, they're doing the raping.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Banned

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    There are some really bad hombres, when they aren't bringing the drugs, they're doing the raping.
    Wait a minute? He said that? Oh, $#@!, better start hoarding up on this legal Washington gorilla glue.

The proof is in the putting on this issue. Lack of clarity has been the only constant in this administration so far.

Los Angeles, CA

The Maryland psychiatric researchers state that Cannabis cause schizophrenia in teens, so in adults. I agree with them. Surely war on drugs is the waste of money, but drugs must be kept illegal.

When has Trump flip flopped on cannabis? Never. In the 90s he supported ending the war on drugs altogether. Now he supports escalating the war on drugs, largely by ensuring that drugs don't go across our borders. But he said he 100% supports medical cannabis, and he said he supported cannabis legalization in states that decide to do so. I have never heard him take an opposing view on cannabis specifically.

Read my post again, you are basing his stance on something his Press Secretary said, but wasn't very specific about, and then ultimately said they didn't know and forwarded the question to the Dept of Justice or something.
    Dannno, you have put your brain in neutral and you are ignoring whatever doesn't support your worldview. Again the people UNDER Trump are attacking medical marijuana! It doesn't fvcking matter if Trump hasn't "flip flopped" on the issue if he has not stopped the people under him from attacking medical marijuana!

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Banned

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Again the people UNDER Trump are attacking medical marijuana!
    I missed the story. Has a medical dispensary been raided? Has a recreational shop in one of the legal states been raided?

In other words....

...proof?

Quote Originally Posted by Chomp View Post
    The Maryland psychiatric researchers state that Cannabis cause schizophrenia in teens, so in adults. I agree with them. Surely war on drugs is the waste of money, but drugs must be kept illegal.
    I have no more faith in Maryland psychiatric researchers than I do Sydney Gottlieb .

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Politi..._of_psychiatry

Political abuse of psychiatry is the misuse of psychiatry, including diagnosis, detention, and treatment, for the purposes of obstructing the human rights of individuals and/or groups in a society.
    Psychiatry possesses a built-in capacity for abuse that is greater than in other areas of medicine
    ^that said^
    I am sure the Maryland psychiatric researchers are full of decomposing excrement.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

That is an incorrect conclusion based on the data.

The data shows that ALL types of substance abuse, including alcohol, precede major schizophrenic episodes. It's funny how they only focus on cannabis. However, that does not mean they CAUSE those episodes. The assumption is that the person does not have schizophrenia until they have a major episode. This is totally false. What happens is the initial symptoms of schizophrenia cause people to seek substances to abuse in order to quell the symptoms. They can choose any number of substances, it doesn't matter, the point is that substance abuse is a symptom of schizophrenia, substance abuse does not cause a person to have schizophrenia.

There are actually scientists and organizations that have come out to admit that cannabis does not cause a normal person to be schizophrenic, but that it may hasten the symptoms in someone who already has it. I believe that is an incorrect conclusion, but it is closer to the truth than what you are spouting.

The data shows that ALL types of substance abuse, including alcohol, precede major schizophrenic episodes. It's funny how they only focus on cannabis. However, that does not mean they CAUSE those episodes. The assumption is that the person does not have schizophrenia until they have a major episode. This is totally false. What happens is the initial symptoms of schizophrenia cause people to seek substances to abuse in order to quell the symptoms. They can choose any number of substances, it doesn't matter, the point is that substance abuse is a symptom of schizophrenia, substance abuse does not cause a person to have schizophrenia.

There are actually scientists and organizations that have come out to admit that cannabis does not cause a normal person to be schizophrenic, but that it may hasten the symptoms in someone who already has it. I believe that is an incorrect conclusion, but it is closer to the truth than what you are spouting.
    Yep- I have a bi-polar friend in Oregon that says cannabis actually helps his condition.
    There is no spoon.

Los Angeles, CA

I agree, those are junk scientists inventing lies for political cases. How about consuming too much caffeine ? Caffeine is a narcotic, if it used in large doses, like in very strong tea and coffee. Also, Coke and Pepsi are caffeinated and kids drink them which turn them mad. So, the Liberal can start war on coffee, tea, and sodas by setting over adult ages 21 or 25 ? If it happens, we live in absurd nation.

So, the Liberal can start war on coffee, tea, and sodas by setting over adult ages 21 or 25 ? If it happens, we live in absurd nation.
    Why not? They did it with Tobacco.

Can't even have a cigarette with a beer anymore.

Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Los Angeles, CA

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Why not? They did it with Tobacco.

Can't even have a cigarette with a beer anymore.

Yep. In libtarded California, Hawaii, NYC and by cities. Go outside these places where tobacco 18+, buy, and smuggle cigs. Black market among 18-21 now in those places. NYC did the experiment in one café as the owner raised drinking from 21 to 25, in order to pacify clients. This was a private law. But the government likely to adopt it. We got many Libtards in both parties, mostly Democrats, who are thirsty for these new law.
    Patrick Henry did right quote, " Give me Liberty or give me death ! " Yes, now, give us death.
    Last edited by Chomp; 03-09-2017 at 03:07 PM. Reason: more

I agree, those are junk scientists inventing lies for political cases. How about consuming too much caffeine ? Caffeine is a narcotic, if it used in large doses, like in very strong tea and coffee. Also, Coke and Pepsi are caffeinated and kids drink them which turn them mad. So, the Liberal can start war on coffee, tea, and sodas by setting over adult ages 21 or 25 ? If it happens, we live in absurd nation.
    Actually, it's recently been discovered that up to 6 cups of coffee (natural) a day has strong health benefits.
    There is no spoon.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Los Angeles, CA

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Actually, it's recently been discovered that up to 6 cups of coffee (natural) a day has strong health benefits.
    Yes, they do. I forgot to mention the energy drinks. They are about to be attacked by the liberals.

Did the Press Secretary miss Donald Trump saying that he was ok with cannabis in states where it is legal?

I haven't heard Trump himself say anything about enforcing federal cannabis laws in states where it is legal.

If they do start that $#@!, I will be the first one out protesting, but call me skeptical.
    I can hardly believe Trump thinks this narrowly. Were I in his position, my press secretary would have leave only to deliver my precisely composed speak on any point. More importantly, anything important would come to the world from my own mouth. I might not even have a press secretary.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast