Thread: Rand Paul Fires Back After Being Called Trump's 'Most Loyal Stooge'

Rand Paul Fires Back After Being Called Trump's 'Most Loyal Stooge'

Rand Paul Fires Back After Being Called Trump's 'Most Loyal Stooge'

Sen. Rand Paul responded this morning after being branded by New York magazine as the "most loyal stooge" of President Donald Trump.

In an article yesterday, Jonathan Chait wrote that Paul has "attached himself to Trump" and refused to support an investigation into Trump's alleged ties to Russia.

Paul said on "Fox & Friends" that the evidence is actually "quite to the contrary," arguing that he's one of the most independent senators in D.C., working with Democrats and Republicans.

"Haters are gonna hate. ... If I like what the president is doing - and I think a lot of what he's doing is good - I'm happy to support it. I'm not embarrassed to support conservative policies," said the Kentucky Republican, noting that he was the only Republican senator to oppose the budget.

The conversation then turned to the GOP effort to repeal and replace ObamaCare, including agreeing on a plan to put forward. Steve Doocy asked about criticism from the left and right about the delay from Republicans in putting forward a new plan.

Charles Krauthammer said last night that the angry response at GOP lawmakers' town hall events is coming from the uncertainty and fear by Americans that they'll lose their health insurance.

Paul said he has put forward a plan and most of the aspects have been around for 20-30 years. He said at least half of his replacement plan comes from prior legislation put forth by former Rep. Tom Price, who is now Health and Human Services Secretary.

He said under his plan, individuals would be allowed to join an insurance "association," creating less expensive insurance and preventing them from being dropped from their coverage.
    More: http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/02/2...mps-top-stooge
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That New York Magazine op-ed was one of the crappiest pieces of journo-crap ever crapped.
    Partisan politics, misleading or emotional bill titles, and 4D chess theories are manifestations of the same lie—that the text of the Constitution, the text of legislation, and plain facts do not matter; what matters is what you want to believe. From this comes hypocrisy. And where hypocrisy thrives, virtue recedes. Without virtue, liberty dies. - Justin Amash, March 2018

Quote Originally Posted by undergroundrr View Post
    That New York Magazine op-ed was one of the crappiest pieces of journo-crap ever crapped.
    This. Nothing more than a hit piece by those that have no scruples.

I'm glad he talked about Tom Price's bill some more. That was a big question, how Rand and Mark Sanford's bills were different from Price's bill.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Well, this is what Rand's shooting for.

He's trying to do what Cruz did in the primaries...except successfully.

Wouldn't have been my strategy, but it's plausible. We'll see.

They're really trying to hit Trump from every angle, get every powerful ally he has.

The desperation from this hit piece is obvious. Not even worth sharing the link, copy paste and ditch the link.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

During the press conference, Rand mentioned something about liking to see a health marketplace where customers would be able to call and check prices from the medical providers and make decisions based upon that. Thing is, nothing that has been proposed thus far does that.

A doctor on Tucker talked about this a couple of nights ago. He said the real problem was the price of medical care and that no one was looking at that. [Neither is Rand] That we wouldn't accept people being charged different amounts for the same good from the same store, but we accept two different people, getting the same service from a medical provider, being charged different amounts. When you ask how much something will cost, you are referred to your insurance company. The doctor said that there were more insurance lobbyists than most all of the other lobbyists combined. He says this is the real problem with medical costs and that until a lot of laws/regulations are ripped out, there will be no real competition in healthcare.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Trump/Paul 2018
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his