Thread: Alan Colmes dead at 66

Alan Colmes dead at 66

Liberal of course and part of the problem. But he did great, friendly interviews with Ron Paul and defended him more than once:

Partisan politics, misleading or emotional bill titles, and 4D chess theories are manifestations of the same lie—that the text of the Constitution, the text of legislation, and plain facts do not matter; what matters is what you want to believe. From this comes hypocrisy. And where hypocrisy thrives, virtue recedes. Without virtue, liberty dies. - Justin Amash, March 2018

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Jan2017

Hannity nemesis during 2008 debates when RP would win polling for every GOP debate.

Mr. Colmes joined the fledging Fox News Channel in 1996 and hosted the political talk show with Hannity for 12 years. It became the channel’s longest-running prime time program before Mr. Colmes’s departure from the show in 2008.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...=.3e57b0f91b8a
    Last edited by Jan2017; 02-23-2017 at 10:56 AM.

RIP . One of the only liberals I ever meet who was actually sincere in beliefs instead of just a plain evil $#@! .
    Do something Danke

The whole adversarial relationship thing seemed extremely contrived to me. Both are/were weak intellects. But RIP. Alan did strike me as one of the more generally decent people among the looney left, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    The whole adversarial relationship thing seemed extremely contrived to me. Both are/were weak intellects. But RIP. Alan did strike me as one of the more generally decent people among the looney left, though.
    I think he was less looney than he acted, to be honest. His purpose on Fox was to make Hannity look good and sane by comparison, which takes a ton of effort. That's one of the reasons that I didn't like him; it seemed to me that he was playing a role more than providing genuine debate/dissent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Wow - that's too bad. Cancer... The left has lost a strong voice, and a good example of how to debate politics.

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    I think he was less looney than he acted, to be honest. His purpose on Fox was to make Hannity look good and sane by comparison, which takes a ton of effort. That's one of the reasons that I didn't like him; it seemed to me that he was playing a role more than providing genuine debate/dissent.
    That's how all the talking heads operate. I've not watched Megyn Kelly in her new gig, but I'm betting she changes. Juan Williams definitely reflected the agenda of his new employer when he moved. I used to listen to Juan on NPR for ages, and I'm glad Fox picked him up. Juan is another one of those liberals that I disagree with, but I appreciate his demeanor - he's not one of those hyperbolic freaks that cant have honest conversation.

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

That's one of the reasons that I didn't like him;

Of course you will not like someone unless he is ultra left wing.
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by brushfire View Post
    he's not one of those hyperbolic freaks that cant have honest conversation.
    Unfortunately, hyperbolic screeching seems to attract the most attention, particularly for internet-based media... and since that's what makes the money, that's what we get the most of.
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

He's still tweeting though... check it out.
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Well said. ^^ The "token lib'ral" of Faux Nooz, pretty much. Kinda like how closet racist looney lefties have token black "friends".
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Despite his beliefs I always saw him as a genuine nice guy
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

...RIP alan colmes...absolutely THE BEST republicrat talk radio host!!...miles ahead of stinking republicans like rush limbag, beck, hannity, alex jones, etc. ad nauseam, who hardly take an honest call from the public...

...colmes took call after call from republicans who hated him...

....republicans, do you understand what would happen were your stinking radio mouths to honestly take calls from the public?... [hint for dumbasses: that's why your stinking radio-republicans don't honestly take calls..]
    Last edited by H. E. Panqui; 02-24-2017 at 07:13 AM.

R.I.P.
    For the Republic! For the Cause!
    The Truth About Central Banking and Business Cycles
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaxIPPMR3fI#t=186

Remember when Alan Colmes and Ron Paul used to drive Sean Hannity crazy?

When it was announced that Fox News liberal pundit Alan Colmes passed away on Thursday, I couldn’t help but recall one of my all-time favorite memories of him.

The scene was the 2008 election. Congressman Ron Paul’s presidential campaign had begun to gather significant grassroots momentum, and the Republican’s libertarian brand irritated not only most of the GOP – which then was still staunchly in the Bush-Cheney Iraq War defense mode – but Paul’s growing popularity seemed to get under the skin of Sean Hannity.

Especially when Paul kept winning Fox News presidential polls, something Colmes would report with a tinge of glee.

The more this irritated Hannity, the more Colmes seemed amused by it. See for yourself in the short clip below:

“Here we go again,” Hannity says in the clip, talking over Colmes, “It’s driving me crazy.”

In a separate segment, Colmes continued to report that Paul is winning and Hannity protested, “Wait, wait, wait, you know what? They’re redialing by the second.”

Was Hannity saying that Fox News’ own poll, his poll, in a sense, was rigged and of no value?

When the three men shared the television screen during the election, it was often liberal Colmes who was warm to Paul’s antiwar views to Hannity’s chagrin.

Regardless, Ron Paul always seemed amused by Hannity’s antipathy toward him, but Hannity’s longtime friend, Colmes, perhaps even more so.

“It’s like a part of me left today,” Hannity said on Thursday of his friend’s death. “It’s been a really tough day.”

RIP Alan Colmes, and thanks for the memories.
    More: http://rare.us/rare-politics/rare-li...hannity-crazy/
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

he was a better man than Hannity or William Oreilly.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Never cared for his policies but really enjoyed his debates or mostly polite way of answering questions. A shame to hear he passed so young. As I didn't know him, he appeared to be a kind person at least on tv.

In related news:

‘Soulless a**holes’ – Sean Hannity rips into Slate’s scummy Alan Colmes obit

Feb. 25, 2017

You know I’m not a big fan of Sean Hannity, but he did something right for once. He went after Slate for their petty attack on Alan Colmes after his death.

http://therightscoop.com/soulless-ah...n-colmes-obit/

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Despite his beliefs I always saw him as a genuine nice guy
    He was, and bit more principled that most MSM libs.

He was one of the few libs who spoke up against DGP for his crimes against humanity:

Rev. Wright: Martin Luther King Had A Dream; Obama Has A Drone

Posted by Alan | January 15, 2014

Reverend Jeremiah Wright, back in the spotlight because of a speech to the Chicago Teachers Union, doesn’t think his former congregant, Barack Obama, stacks up well against Martin Luther King, Jr.

http://www.alan.com/2014/01/15/rev-w...a-has-a-drone/