Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MSNBC Anchor: "Our Job" Is To "Control Exactly What People Think"

MSNBC Anchor: "Our Job" Is To "Control Exactly What People Think"

During a lively discussion centered on fears that President Trump is "trying to undermine the media," MSNBC's Mika Brzezinski let slip the awesome unspoken truth that the media's "job" is to "actually control exactly what people think."

SCARBOROUGH: "Exactly. That is exactly what I hear. What Yamiche said is what I hear from all the Trump supporters that I talk to who were Trump voters and are still Trump supporters. They go, 'Yeah you guys are going crazy. He's doing -- what are you so surprised about? He is doing exactly what he said he is going to do.'"

BRZEZINSKI: "Well, I think that the dangerous, you know, edges here are that he is trying to undermine the media and trying to make up his own facts. And it could be that while unemployment and the economy worsens, he could have undermined the messaging so much that he can actually control exactly what people think. And that, that is our job."

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-0...t-people-think

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by openfire View Post
    During a lively discussion centered on fears that President Trump is "trying to undermine the media," MSNBC's Mika Brzezinski let slip the awesome unspoken truth that the media's "job" is to "actually control exactly what people think."

SCARBOROUGH: "Exactly. That is exactly what I hear. What Yamiche said is what I hear from all the Trump supporters that I talk to who were Trump voters and are still Trump supporters. They go, 'Yeah you guys are going crazy. He's doing -- what are you so surprised about? He is doing exactly what he said he is going to do.'"

BRZEZINSKI: "Well, I think that the dangerous, you know, edges here are that he is trying to undermine the media and trying to make up his own facts. And it could be that while unemployment and the economy worsens, he could have undermined the messaging so much that he can actually control exactly what people think. And that, that is our job."

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-0...t-people-think
    that sounds edited to me. why cut off abruptly at the end unless your doing a hack job?
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

I'd definitely like to hear a few sentences before and after. It sounds more to me like she's saying journalists' job is to keep the state from controlling exactly what people think. Still, I'll consider it a Freudian slip.

trump will certainly bring this one up at the next press conference regardless.
    Partisan politics, misleading or emotional bill titles, and 4D chess theories are manifestations of the same lie—that the text of the Constitution, the text of legislation, and plain facts do not matter; what matters is what you want to believe. From this comes hypocrisy. And where hypocrisy thrives, virtue recedes. Without virtue, liberty dies. - Justin Amash, March 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesiv1 View Post
    that sounds edited to me. why cut off abruptly at the end unless your doing a hack job?
    This is the new standard after Milo.

Slightly longer version:

"Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Jan2017

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    It sure sounds like she said the characterization that Trump is "undermining the messaging to control minds" . . .
    is really Mika or msm journalists "job"
    Last edited by Jan2017; 02-22-2017 at 10:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jan2017 View Post
    It sure sounds like she said the characterization that Trump is "undermining the messaging to control minds" . . .
    is really Mika or msm journalists "job"
    Yeah, basically Mika is saying that Trump is undermining trust in the media by criticizing them. She thinks it's the media's job to be trusted and control the narrative.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

I don't believe any of them.
    "The Patriarch"

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    I don't believe any of them.
    resistance is futile.

Quote Originally Posted by JK/SEA View Post
    resistance is futile.
    "The Patriarch"

Slightly longer version:

thanks. yes... sounds like "that's our job."

I would expect some Trumptweets about that one lol
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

Mika finally reports the real truth.
    USE THIS SITE TO LINK ARTICLES FROM OLIGARCH MEDIA:http://archive.is/ STARVE THE BEAST.
    More Government = Less Freedom
    Communism never disappeared it only changed its name to Social Democrat
    Emotion and Logic mix like oil and water

I think that's being nitpicky. What bothers me is simply the ratio of negative stories to positive ones. Leading up to the election there were at least 10 times more negative stories on Trump vs Clinton. At least. Of course Zippy would tell you it's because Trump is 10 times worse than Clinton, but I seriously doubt that.

Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post
    I think that's being nitpicky. What bothers me is simply the ratio of negative stories to positive ones. Leading up to the election there were at least 10 times more negative stories on Trump vs Clinton. At least. Of course Zippy would tell you it's because Trump is 10 times worse than Clinton, but I seriously doubt that.
    Well now we know that the MSM knows that people don't trust the MSM- You don't think they know that, you don't think they have internal polling? What idea do you think the MSM sold you? Did they give him the Ron Paul treatment?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    Well now we know that the MSM knows that people don't trust the MSM- You don't think they know that, you don't think they have internal polling? What idea do you think the MSM sold you? Did they give him the Ron Paul treatment?
    Are you ok?

Yeah, basically Mika is saying that Trump is undermining trust in the media by criticizing them. She thinks it's the media's job to be trusted and control the narrative.
    Obviously she meant that the journalists are supposed to check and verify each other's work so we can trust them all. Kind of like how the cops all keep each other on the up and up.

Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post
    Are you ok?
    Seemed like a straight question. Did the media give trump the Ron Paul treatment?
    Partisan politics, misleading or emotional bill titles, and 4D chess theories are manifestations of the same lie—that the text of the Constitution, the text of legislation, and plain facts do not matter; what matters is what you want to believe. From this comes hypocrisy. And where hypocrisy thrives, virtue recedes. Without virtue, liberty dies. - Justin Amash, March 2018

Quote Originally Posted by undergroundrr View Post
    Seemed like a straight question. Did the media give trump the Ron Paul treatment?
    That's because you didn't see the negative rep that came with it.

Quote Originally Posted by undergroundrr View Post
    Yes and no. Total Black out no. Called a Racist, yes. Called crazy yes. Media repeatedly said he would never win, yes. Never treated as a serious candidate yes.
    USE THIS SITE TO LINK ARTICLES FROM OLIGARCH MEDIA:http://archive.is/ STARVE THE BEAST.
    More Government = Less Freedom
    Communism never disappeared it only changed its name to Social Democrat
    Emotion and Logic mix like oil and water

Quote Originally Posted by seapilot View Post
    Yes and no. Total Black out no. Called a Racist, yes. Called crazy yes. Media repeatedly said he would never win, yes. Never treated as a serious candidate yes.
    And if they knew then what they know now, there would have been a total blackout.

“I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by seapilot View Post
    You forgot misogynist, xenophobe and bigot.

And if they knew then what they know now, there would have been a total blackout.
    Or a mysterious heart attack...

“I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Why would making people not trust your brand and then using that distrust to sell your idea not work?

I think Mika and others actually believe that.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Last edited by anaconda; 02-22-2017 at 10:12 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast