Thread: Russian state media is falling out of love with Donald Trump

Russian state media is falling out of love with Donald Trump

In the months following Donald Trump’s election, Russian media fell hard for their brash new beau. Television anchors and columnists lauded Mr Trump’s promises to rebuild relations with Russia. Dmitry Kiselev, the Kremlin’s chief propagandist, fawned over Mr Trump on his flagship Sunday-night show, declaring the new American president to be a “muzhik”, or a “real man”—a sharp shift for a programme that had spent years stoking anti-Americanism. (His praise became so effusive that a fringe nationalist group even staged a protest accusing Mr Kiselev of “Trumpomania”.) In January, Mr Trump was mentioned more often in the Russian press than Vladimir Putin himself.

Yet just as suddenly as he appeared, the triumphant image of Mr Trump has largely vanished from Russian television sets. In the past week, as the Trump administration has issued increasingly conflicting signals on its policy toward Russia, the country’s news programmes have overlooked his activities, and commentators have taken up a decidedly more skeptical spirit. The firing of the Russia-friendly Michael Flynn as national security adviser may have caused some consternation in the Kremlin. So too did the White House’s statement last week that it expected Russia to “return” Crimea to Ukraine.

Russia may be realising that, despite Mr Trump’s promises, the bitter relationship with America is unlikely to change much. Konstantin Eggert, a commentator at the independent television network Dozhd (“Rain”), reported that the state-media holdings had received an order from the Kremlin to cut down on coverage of Mr Trump; Bloomberg, citing three anonymous sources familiar with the matter, suggested as much. Mr Putin’s press secretary, Dmitry Peskov, dismissed those claims as “fake news”, but the numbers do not lie. An analysis by RBC, a respected business-news agency, found that mentions of Mr Trump on key Sunday news and analytical programmes fell by 88% in the two weeks from February 5th to February 19th (see chart). So much for love at first sight.
    http://www.economist.com/blogs/graph...n/tw/te/bl/ed/
    "The Patriarch"

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I don't want to say "I told you so" but instead I'd say "I told you mutherfu*kers that Trump is no different from Hillary". Well, except for the awful hair and orange skin. You would think the Russians would be smarter than this.

I confirmed that he was no friend of Russia the moment he went on TV asking Russia to hack Hillary's email while the Russians were busy trying to deny the hacking allegation. Now does anyone really believe the Russians hacked the DNC to install this fraud?

"He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Banned

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    I don't want to say "I told you so" but instead I'd say "I told you mutherfu*kers that Trump is no different from Hillary".
    telling me you told me so based on a fake news article, with silly statements like,
    the bitter relationship with America is unlikely to change much.
    Bitter is it?

citing three anonymous sources familiar with the matter,
    Fake News' best, and most oft quoited journalist, Mr. Sources, Anonymous Sources. But this time there are three! So it mus tbe true this time!!

I read russia today during and after the election. It wasn't nearly as pro-Trump as everyone thinks. It had the show "Redacted Tonight" which was hostile to Trump, and many of the news stories were not favorable. In particular, I noted it called pizzagate "fake news" and a "crazy conspiracy theory".
    Last edited by UWDude; 02-22-2017 at 03:34 AM.

Is that the same website that claims Russia's economy is going to collapse?

I don't want to say "I told you so" but instead I'd say "I told you mutherfu*kers that Trump is no different from Hillary". Well, except for the awful hair and orange skin. You would think the Russians would be smarter than this.

I confirmed that he was no friend of Russia the moment he went on TV asking Russia to hack Hillary's email while the Russians were busy trying to deny the hacking allegation. Now does anyone really believe the Russians hacked the DNC to install this fraud?
    You think you're smarter than you actually are.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Los Angeles, CA

Russia never trust any leader of the US. They know that nowadays America is the devil.

Yep- and now the Trumpster insults shalt roll forth.
    There is no spoon.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.