Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: President Trump names McMaster as national security adviser

President Trump names McMaster as national security adviser

President Trump names McMaster as national security adviser
    By Catherine Lucey - February 20, 2017

PALM BEACH, Fla. (AP) — President Donald Trump has tapped Army Lt. Gen. H.R. McMaster as his new national security adviser, replacing the ousted Michael Flynn.

Trump announced the pick Monday at his Palm Beach club and said McMaster is ‘‘a man of tremendous talent and tremendous experience.’’

The president, who has no military experience, has shown a preference for generals in the top security roles. McMaster, who wore his uniform for the announcement, joins Defense Secretary Jim Mattis and Homeland Security Secretary John Kelly, both retired generals.
    Trump made the announcement from a luxurious living room, sitting on a couch between McMaster and Kellogg. The president told reporters as he exited the room that Vice President Mike Pence had been involved in the process.
    McMaster served in the first Gulf War, Afghanistan and Iraq. Considered a scholarly officer, he holds a Ph.D. in military history, and has authored a book called ‘‘Dereliction of Duty: Lyndon Johnson, Robert McNamara, the Joint Chiefs of Staff, and the Lies that Led to Vietnam.’’ He has also written articles questioning the planning for wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.
    More: https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/pol...x1L/story.html
    -----

Edit: Ron Paul discusses selection.

Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 02-21-2017 at 01:34 PM.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The Dangerous Signal That Trump Just Sent By Naming H.R. McMaster His National Security Adviser

President Donald Trump has just named another military man to replace the insane Michael Flynn as his National Security Adviser.

The new NSA, General H.R. McMaster, has Flynn beat in brain power by an exponential quantity. He holds a Ph.D. degree in American history from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.

Here is the problem, when we are talking real world understanding, McMaster for all practical purposes holds a doctorate in military killing. And he has a blind vision that the United States is an Empire that must deal with "strategic interests" around the world, in many cases from a military angle. There is absolutely no indication that McMaster has adopted the view of George Washington that the United States should stay out of foreign entanglements. None.

Whatsmore, he holds the view that U.S. troops on the ground are the only way to solve many conflicts.
    He holds that success requires that ground troops must gain land from the enemy and maintain contact with civilians in the area and also the enemy. He views local troops as "so-called partners." To him "outsourcing the fighting" is an error. Some use of local troops can occur but the driver and main component must be U.S. troops. It can't simply be done with U.S. military advisers.

For McMaster, it is all about "land control" that also includes "military support of governance" for "sustainable political outcomes."

Bottom line: Expect additional U.S ground combat troops, at a minimum in Syria, Iraq and Afghanistan---for the very long haul.

With McMaster being named National Security Adviser, you can throw away the idea that Trump is going to disengage the United States from military adventures. The troops that are already deployed are not coming home. The Empire is about to intensify its global entanglements, with new or additional combat troops, at a minimum, in Syria, Iraq, and Afghanistan.

McMaster is a member of the Council on Foreign Relations.
    More: http://www.targetliberty.com/2017/02...rump-just.html
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

General dissects U.S. approach to war in speech at USF
    By Howard Altman | Published: April 8, 2015

TAMPA — Army Lt. Gen. H.R. McMaster, who spends his days trying to figure out the future of conflict and has gained wide respect for speaking his mind, told an audience at the University of South Florida on Wednesday that the United States needs to do a better job of learning lessons and adapting because of its “narcissistic approach to war.”

And, echoing outgoing President Dwight David Eisenhower’s farewell to the nation in 1961, McMaster urged renewed caution about the military-industrial complex and its influence on how America wages war.

“The future course of war doesn’t depend on what you like to do,” said McMaster, director of the Army Capabilities and Integration Center and Deputy Commanding General at the U.S. Army Training and Doctrine Command. “It depends on enemy initiatives and enemy reactions.”

McMaster commanded troops in Iraq and Afghanistan, served at U.S, Central Command at MacDill Air Force Base in Tampa, earned a doctorate in military history and a Silver Star Medal for battlefield heroics during the first Gulf War. He said the inability of the United States to adapt led to numerous problems, including the creation of the Islamic State.

Before he was killed in 2006, Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, Jordanian-born leader of al-Qaida in Iraq, constantly updated his strategy, eventually taking a page out of previous conflicts in Afghanistan to create havoc in Iraq, McMaster said. That havoc, he said, is still playing out.

Initially, Zarqawi tried to chase the United States out by direct attacks, following up on a tactic started by Saddam Hussein, who passed out copies of the movie Black Hawk Down as proof that violence would chase off Americans, McMaster said.

That didn’t work.

Then the U.S. began to train an Iraqi security force able to stand up on its own against Zarqawi.

“So Zarqawi said, ‘We need to change the strategy,’” said McMaster, explaining that the AQI leader urged attacks on “the nascent security forces ... before they can stand on their own.”

But that didn’t meet Zarqawi’s objectives, either, McMaster said.

By December of 2003, nine months after the invasion, Zarqawi said, ‘What we really need to do is jump start a civil war,’” said McMaster. “And he calls it the Afghan model, harkening back to the Afghan civil war of 1992 to 1996.”

Zarqawi, a Sunni, had plans, said McMaster, “to pit Iraqi communities against each other and create a chaotic, violent environment to take advantage of that chaos, establish controlled territory populations, solidify your control, conduct other attacks and ... keep that cycle of violence going.”

He paused.

“Sound familiar?” he asked. “It’s going on in Iraq again right now,” where the Sunni population, angered by the Shia central government and its ties to Shia Iran, helped support the rise of the Sunni jihadi group Islamic State.

And it is where Shia militias are taking revenge against Sunnis with the same kind of brutality that Islamic State has employed.

McMaster asked another question before again quickly answering it.

“So what did we do to adapt to that, and also to adapt to cope with what the Iranians were doing to further destabilize the situation?” he asked. “We didn’t adapt. We stuck with our plan. Our plan was to accelerate the transition. We wanted to get out.”

McMaster is no stranger to asking tough questions about U.S. military involvement. In 1997 he published “Dereliction of Duty: Johnson, McNamara, the Joint Chiefs of Staff, and the Lies That Led to Vietnam.”

He posed another question to the audience.

“So how do we do war?” he asked, ultimately answering his own question by calling it “a narcissistic approach to war. “We define war only in relation to us... And so here’s our plan, here is where we want to be in 20-whatever, here’s were we are now and we are going to make progress toward that agenda.

“What we don’t recognize, honestly,” said McMaster, “is a continuous interaction with complex environments and determined enemies.”

Laying out a series of what he called fallacies in the U.S understanding of the nature of war, McMaster cited what he called the “RSVP Fallacy, that you can opt out of future war... This is the ultimate in narcissism because wars choose you.”

Among other concerns, McMaster conjured up Eisenhower by saying “the military-industrial complex may represent a greater threat to us than at any time in history.”

The reason, said McMaster, is the jockeying for defense dollars, which mean money for communities and thus gain political support from politicians in those communities.

“And so where are these investments going in defense right now?” he asked. “They are going into areas that involve really big ticket items, that preserves the large capital transfer to defense industries and continue to bolster employment.”

McMaster, who said he is “not criticizing any element of this,” added another element to think about.

The military-industrial complex, he said, “involves increasingly as well think tanks, and when you see studies that are produced about the future of war or studies that are produced about certain aspects of defense strategy, you ought to look to see who is funding it.”

Without naming names, McMaster ticked off a few case studies of why he believes the funding of think tanks matters.

“There is a think tank now, for example, that’s about to publish a report on the future of the Army, and it’s bankrolled by a defense firm whose business model is the integration of high technology capabilities and selling them to the Department of Defense,” said McMaster. “What do you think that answer is going to be?”
    More: http://www.tbo.com/list/military-new...-usf-20150408/

On Lou Dobbs tonight, John Hannah from the neoconservative think-tank Foundation for Defense of Democracies praised the selection of McMaster as a "first rate choice".

The Foundation for Defense of Democracies (FDD) is a neoconservative advocacy organization that was founded in the wake of the 9/11 attacks with the goal of pushing an aggressive “war on terror” in the Middle East and “pro-Israel” policies in Washington. The group initially claimed to wage ideological combat with “militant Islamism” in “a global war … being waged against democratic societies.”

https://twitter.com/BillKristol/stat...69409802022917
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Out of the Flynn frying pan, and into the neocon fire.

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post

https://twitter.com/BillKristol/stat...69409802022917
    He needs to be deported to a nice Libyan villa.

USE THIS SITE TO LINK ARTICLES FROM OLIGARCH MEDIA:http://archive.is/ STARVE THE BEAST.
    More Government = Less Freedom
    Communism never disappeared it only changed its name to Social Democrat
    Emotion and Logic mix like oil and water

It's pretty clear this McMaster guy is straight up horrible, but to argue that he is necessarily horrible just because he's a veteran, is illogical and ignorant. With that sort of thinking we'd reject Smedley Butler, who did more than anyone since the Framers to prevent military rule in the US.

Yeah, this McMaster guy is horrible. But the simple fact that he's a veteran isn't what makes him horrible. WTFO?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Out of the Flynn frying pan, and into the neocon fire.
    Bill Kristol is an amazing moral compass. I'll point myself in the opposite direction of all his positions.
    I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 01/15/24
    Trump will win every single state primary by double digits.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 04/20/16
    There won't be a contested convention
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 05/30/17
    The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

https://twitter.com/AmbassadorRice/s...32835354075137
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    It's pretty clear this McMaster guy is straight up horrible, but to argue that he is necessarily horrible just because he's a veteran, is illogical and ignorant. With that sort of thinking we'd reject Smedley Butler, who did more than anyone since the Framers to prevent military rule in the US.

Yeah, this McMaster guy is horrible. But the simple fact that he's a veteran isn't what makes him horrible. WTFO?
    It seemed like the author was focused more on his positions, rather than the fact that he is a veteran. Washington was a veteran, and is cited as having a good foreign policy. I am not terribly familiar with Wenzel or that website, so I am not sure where he is coming from in general.

McMaster cited what he called the “RSVP Fallacy, that you can opt out of future war... This is the ultimate in narcissism because wars choose you.”
    No wonder we're at war all the time - we are not allowed to "opt out!" The "wars choose us!" Oh good lord, this stooge needs to be run out of town on a rail.
    Last edited by anaconda; 02-21-2017 at 08:10 PM.

We know from 08/12 that Bill Kristol is an neocon idealogical enemy, if he is happy that this guy is in, and Milo is out, Trump is losing the internal battle now.

This new guy is CFR which means he is a globalist.
    It seems when everybody is happy it's the wrong pick.

Meh, the more things change....not really a surprise.
    "The Patriarch"

Very very bad news for the Trump administration. He is caving to the Neocons and the deep state.

Quote Originally Posted by sgt150 View Post
    Very very bad news for the Trump administration. He is caving to the Neocons and the deep state.
    The Media people are working 24h/7h to make sure of that. And too many jump on the emotional bandwagon. Russians!!!.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post

I didn't get that take from the article. The article said he was horrible because of his actual policy mentality:
    "he has a blind vision that the United States is an Empire that must deal with "strategic interests" around the world, in many cases from a military angle. There is absolutely no indication that McMaster has adopted the view of George Washington that the United States should stay out of foreign entanglements. None. ... he holds the view that U.S. troops on the ground are the only way to solve many conflicts ... "
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

Quote Originally Posted by AZJoe View Post
    I didn't get that take from the article. The article said he was horrible because of his actual policy mentality:
    "he has a blind vision that the United States is an Empire that must deal with "strategic interests" around the world, in many cases from a military angle. There is absolutely no indication that McMaster has adopted the view of George Washington that the United States should stay out of foreign entanglements. None. ... he holds the view that U.S. troops on the ground are the only way to solve many conflicts ... "
    It started off with the reason he is so bad is that he is trained to kill.

Trump's brilliant choice of McMaster

This to shows you the U-turn the media will do as soon as Trump does the bidding of the swamp creature. They will grind Trump into pieces. The congress is stalling. Silver lining, Trump red pilled many.

President Donald Trump's appointment of Lt. Gen. H.R. McMaster to be his national security adviser is a brilliant decision.
    McMaster, 54, is the smartest and most capable military officer of his generation, one who has not only led American victories on the battlefields of the 1991 Gulf War and of the Iraq War, but also holds a Ph.D. in history.

McMaster is, in short, both an accomplished doer and a deep thinker, a combination that should serve him well in the complex job of national security adviser.
    http://edition.cnn.com/2017/02/20/op...gen/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by Mordan View Post
    Silver lining, Trump red pilled many.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Silver lining, Trump cucked all his closeted **** supporters
    fixed that for ya.

http://www.tbo.com/list/military-new...-usf-20150408/

"TAMPA — Army Lt. Gen. H.R. McMaster, who spends his days trying to figure out the future of conflict and has gained wide respect for speaking his mind, told an audience at the University of South Florida on Wednesday that the United States needs to do a better job of learning lessons and adapting because of its “narcissistic approach to war.”

And, echoing outgoing President Dwight David Eisenhower’s farewell to the nation in 1961, McMaster urged renewed caution about the military-industrial complex and its influence on how America wages war."

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    fixed that for ya.
    Please expand with a thoughtful reply.

So now you Trumpsters are using CNN talking points to prove his brilliance? Lol, you guys are a joke. You turn on a dime, anything he does is going to be ok with you regardless of what it is.
    "The Patriarch"

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    DJ DonMaster Trump's appointment of Lt. Gen. H.R. McMaster to be his national security adviser is a brilliant decision and brings America one step closer to renewed Greatness.
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

This to shows you the U-turn the media will do as soon as Trump does the bidding of the swamp creature. They will grind Trump into pieces. The congress is stalling. Silver lining, Trump red pilled many.

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/02/20/op...gen/index.html
    NOT ACCORDING TO RON PAUL.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...27#post6421027
    There is no spoon.

Trump indicated that Bolton would receive an unspecified post with the administration.
    http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...curity-adviser
    Partisan politics, misleading or emotional bill titles, and 4D chess theories are manifestations of the same lie—that the text of the Constitution, the text of legislation, and plain facts do not matter; what matters is what you want to believe. From this comes hypocrisy. And where hypocrisy thrives, virtue recedes. Without virtue, liberty dies. - Justin Amash, March 2018

https://twitter.com/SenJohnMcCain/st...94401289793539

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast