Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NAGR is the enemy of gun rights in North Carolina

Angry NAGR is the enemy of gun rights in North Carolina

For 20 years we have had "Grassroots NC" known as GRNC (www.grnc.org) operated by Paul Valone as the no-compromise 100% gun rights advocate in NC. So NAGR decided they are doing to operate in NC. First they create NC Gun Rights and are trying to divert donations away from NCGR by promoting themselves as NCGR instead. Now they are attacking pro-gun legislators and legislation in NC.

WTF are these $#@!s doing?

So far as I am concerned, the NAGR and their affiliate NC Gun Rights is now an enemy of gun rights in NC and across the US, and I consider them to be worse than the Brady people, because at least the Brady people are honest about being antigun instead of trying to steal that shyt in the middle of the night.

You may ask is it possible that NAGR has just made a mistake? no. It's obvious that everything was calculated from right up front. Whatever the fck is going on with NAGR, they are trying to take down pro-gun groups, pro-gun legislators, and pro-gun legisaltion in NC.

Grassroots NC has been around for over 20 years, and I trust them to defend my gun rights in NC more than anybody else in America. Gun Rights NC is a fake spoof organization created by NAGR to divert people away from a real gun rights org and into an org that will take your money while selling your gun rights (and your elected gun rights supporters) down the river.

Today they just sent a mass mailer opposing Constitutional Carry in NC and soliciting money.

These scumbags need outed and shut the fk down.
    http://glenbradley.net/share/aleksan...nitsyn_4-t.gif “And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand?... The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt! If...if...We didn't love freedom enough. And even more – we had no awareness of the real situation.... We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward.” ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Looks to me that NAGR and NC Gun Rights is simply an extension of the Sabre money-grubbing machine. They have never done ANYTHING in support of gun rights but yell "give us money give us money," all the while orgs like Grassroots NC who is ALWAYS at the legislature, holding meeting, hosting gun show booths, sponsoring events, have been working and making real progress here for decades.
    Best I can tell, NAGR is just another arm of this Sabre scam that has glommed on to the Liberty Movement and tried to suck us dry of our funding.

So once again we have Mike Rothfeld and Saber and their legion affiliated orgs attacking liberty and pro-liberty elected people in NC. Is it time yet to just write off Rothfeld, Saber, NAGR, and all such affiliated groups as scammers and thieves yet? Seems pretty clear to me they are just here to divert money and attention from any real groups who may actually be having some success at actually securing liberty, meanwhile all they ever really do is send out emails demanding money, and holding conferences for exorbitant fees where they don't actually teach you anything.

I'm so mad about this I could spit. Who TF are these people to come in here, spend all of 20 fkn DAYS in NC and suddenly start vomiting all over orgs who have been here working for 20 YEARS and trying to shut down the most pro-gun members of our legislature?

How much of this crap is it going to take before we accept the fact that this Rothfeld jerk is in fact an enemy of liberty who has just wormed his way into the Paul sphere in order to take us down from the inside?

True Pro 2nd Amendment folks are rare.

It is a handy issue for politicians,, and a good money draw.. regardless of their party.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    True Pro 2nd Amendment folks are rare.

It is a handy issue for politicians,, and a good money draw.. regardless of their party.
    And it's pretty clear to me that anything touched by Rothfeld/Saber is just a scam designed to separate liberty people from any effective use of our hard earned dollars. This crap is the last straw. I used to consider them mere self-enrichment opportunists. Now I consider them more than that, actual enemies of philosophical liberty. Trying to scam money off of the liberty movement is one thing. Actively trying to subvert the expansion of liberty during the course of scamming that money is another matter entirely.

Well I thought it was particularly appalling anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    Today they just sent a mass mailer opposing Constitutional Carry in NC and soliciting money.
    Before I comment, can you please share some quotes from that where they say they oppose the NC Constitutional Carry bill? Thanks.
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith and stuff View Post
    Before I comment, can you please share some quotes from that where they say they oppose the NC Constitutional Carry bill? Thanks.
    Some more info would be nice, not that I don't trust Gunny.
    "The Patriarch"

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Utter unmitigated bull$#@!. Every single aspect of HB69 is a relaxation of gun regulations. EVERY PART.

http://www.ncleg.net/gascripts/BillL...017&BillID=H69

But that's just the icing on the "trying to shut down NCGR and divert their donations to ourselves" cake.

https://www.carolinafirearmsforum.co...%80%99-a-fraud

Is ‘NC Gun Rights’ a fraud?

[COLOR=#6A6A6A !important]02-05-2017, 06:34 PM

[/COLOR]

Gun Rights Supporters:

For North Carolina Second Amendment supporters, there is a new game in town. Unfortunately, it seems to be a carnival game and, like most carnival games, is probably an illusion designed to empty your pockets.
    Is ‘NC Gun Rights’ a fraud?

In recent weeks, North Carolinians have been receiving email solicitations from the “North Carolina Gun Rights PAC,” which purports to be advocating for constitutional carry in our state.

But here is where things start to get dodgy: The Treasurer for the PAC is one “Melodie Johnson” who, to the best of our knowledge, has never shown her face to advocate gun rights at the NC General Assembly, and who does not respond to inquiries about her “organization.”

Indeed, although the PAC lists a Raleigh post office box, the email “Melodie” lists in PAC disclosure forms is at “rightsidecompliance.com”, an equally nebulous entity which does not list a phone number, but does claim addresses in McLean, VA and Austin, TX.

Who is behind the scheme?

And who is behind this supposed new gun rights advocacy group in North Carolina? Given the non-responsiveness of its representatives, we can only hypothesize, but given similarity of graphics and tactics, the likely culprits are some or all of same operators who created the “National Association for Gun Rights” – a group with a reputation for exaggerating threats to rake in money and, when it actually does do something, attacking pro-gun legislators.

Ironically, the guy who created NAGR and continues to consult for the organization is the same guy who originally trained GRNC in grassroots mobilization back in the 1990s, namelyMike Rothfeld.

Unfortunately, Mr. Rothfeld and his firm,Saber Communications, along with his hand-picked head of NAGR, Dudley Brown
    , appear to have gone awry, and are now using predatory fundraising tactics to line their pockets. For a sample of Saber/NAGR’s various scandals, check Slate.com

Indeed, after NAGR sent a phony fundraiser about Senator R.C. Soles, “the most vociferous anti-gun zealot in North Carolina” (he wasn’t, and had already quit), GRNC warned NAGR that if they persisted in predatory fundraising in NC, we would “out” them.

And so GRNC and NAGR remained in a standoff until December, when a new entity calling itself “NC Gun Rights” and using the address “gunrightsNC.com” (presumably designed to create confusion with GRNC.org) began screaming for money to passconstitutional carry in North Carolina.

But there is a tiny, little problem: By all accounts – including the legislators who actually run GRNC’s pro-gun legislation – they haven’t done anything for constitutional carry or, for that matter, anything else.

Do NOT sign a NAGR petition

Based on the relatively sophisticated graphics, AR-15 monthly giveaways, petitions, hysterical rhetoric, use of cut-outs for PAC treasurers, and expensive swag, the likely puppet master is NAGR.

GRNC recommends that you do not sign a NAGR petition or register for their “giveaways.” Their M.O. is to collect millions of gun-owner email addresses, which they aggressively dun for money. (By some accounts, NAGR might also sell your email address to other groups.)

As we head into the legislative season, GRNC also strongly suggests you regard with extreme skepticism any legislative alert coming from this or similar groups which unfairly maligns pro-gun legislators who are fighting for your rights.

Do not confuse these charlatans with
    Grass Roots North Carolina

In summary, please understand that Grass Roots North Carolina (GRNC, not “NCGR”) is not behind this money-grubbing and that although this charade (and others) might claim to be “North Carolina’s only no-compromise gun rights organization,” in truth that name applies only to GRNC which, since 1994, has brought you:
    • Concealed carry;
    • Concealed handgun reciprocity;
    • Purchase permit bypass;
    • Castle Doctrine/Stand Your Ground;
    • Expansion of concealed carry into restaurants, education properties and many other places;
    • The death of countless gun control proposals and, coming soon ...

Constitutional carry!
    Armatissimi e liberissimi,

F. Paul Valone
    President, Grass Roots North Carolina
    Executive Director, Rights Watch International

Last edited by GunnyFreedom; 02-21-2017 at 01:37 AM.

https://www.grnc.org/defend-your-rig...tutional-carry

Support HB 69 FOR NC CONSTITUTIONAL CARRY!

With GRNC feedback and support, Representative LARRY PITTMAN (R-Cabarrus) today introduced House Bill 69 for what will be GRNC’s main legislative thrust for 2017: constitutional (permitless) carry. In addition to Rep. Pittman, primary sponsors for the bill include Reps. MICHAEL SPECIALE (R-Beaufort, Craven, Pamlico), BEVERLY BOSWELL (R-Beaufort, Dare, Hyde, Washington), and JAY ADAMS (R-Catawba).

HB 69 (“Constitutional Carry Act”):

• Establishes a new Article 54C, under which handguns may be carried concealed without permits;

• Removes the need to have a concealed handgun permit to carry a concealed handgun in restaurants, public assemblies, parades and funerals, and (with the same limitations as currently in law) onto educational properties; and

• Retains the current CHP system for purposes of reciprocity with other states.

HB 69 is designed to be a “clean” reciprocity bill (i.e. without other measures) in order to draw fewer objections from potential supporters. GRNC will shepherd the introduction of additional legislative initiatives in other bills.
    IMMEDIATE ACTION REQUIRED!

Email a copy of the following text to: Tim.Moore@ncleg.net

and also to David.Lewis@ncleg.net

Suggested Subject: "Support HB 69 - Constitutional Carry"

Dear [Speaker Moore or Representative Lewis]:
    A powerful trend is sweeping across the United States in which eleven states have now adopted (or previously had) statutes under which lawful citizens could carry firearms for self-protection without obtaining burdensome permits.

The states with permitless concealed carry now include Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Idaho, Kansas, Maine, Mississippi, Missouri, Vermont, West Virginia, and Wyoming. Indeed, Missouri’s law went into effect on January 1, and West Virginia’s went into effect in May. Additionally, more limited versions of permitless carry exist in Montana, New Hampshire, New Mexico, and Oklahoma.

It is high time North Carolina joined those enlightened states by relieving lawful North Carolinians from expensive and burdensome permit requirements which discriminate against people with lesser means. Accordingly, I ask you to give a prompt hearing to House Bill 69 (“Constitutional Carry Act”), sponsored by Reps. Larry Pittman, Michael Speciale, Beverly Boswell, and Jay Adams.

Each time we have expanded concealed carry – whether into parks, restaurants, educational property or elsewhere – naysayers have predicted gloom and doom. Each time, they have been wrong. In fact, I am aware of no instance in any of the states which have adopted constitutional carry in which it has caused problems.

Again, I urge you to give HB 69 a prompt hearing. I will be monitoring this issue through Grass Roots North Carolina legislative alerts.

Respectfully,
    Last edited by GunnyFreedom; 02-21-2017 at 01:37 AM.

https://www.carolinafirearmsforum.co...a-fair-hearing

GRNC Alert 2-19-17 GIVE HB 69 A FAIR HEARING!

[COLOR=#6A6A6A !important]02-19-2017, 08:55 PM

[/COLOR]

GIVE HB 69 A FAIR HEARING!
    As you know, Representative LARRY PITTMAN (R-Cabarrus) introduced House Bill 69 (with GRNC's feedback and support) to restore our rights to constitutional (permitless) carry. The primary sponsors of the bill include Reps. MICHAEL SPECIALE (R-Beaufort, Craven, Pamlico), BEVERLY BOSWELL (R-Beaufort, Dare, Hyde, Washington), and JAY ADAMS (R-Catawba).

Since its introduction, HP 69 currently resides in House Judiciary I which is chaired by Representative TED DAVIS, JR. We have reported his actions in previous GRNC Alerts and feel strongly that HB 69, if it stays in House Judiciary I under Rep. Davis, will be in danger of being stopped.

GRNC feels strongly that the seriousness of this bill deserves a fair hearing and is asking everyone to contact your representatives to urge them to move HB 69 to House Judiciary II, chaired by Representative JOHN M. BLUST.

To recap the details of HB 69 (“Constitutional Carry Act”) and the reasons for GRNC's support:
    • Establishes a new Article 54C, under which handguns may be carried concealed without permits;
    • Removes the need to have a concealed handgun permit to carry a concealed handgun in restaurants, public assemblies, parades and funerals, and (with the same limitations as currently in law) onto educational properties;
    • and Retains the current CHP system for purposes of reciprocity with other states.

HB 69 is designed to be a “clean” reciprocity bill (i.e. without other measures) in order to draw fewer objections from potential supporters. GRNC will shepherd the introduction of additional legislative initiatives in other bills.

IMMEDIATE ACTION REQUIRED!
    CONTACT SPEAKER TIM MOORE and CHAIRMAN DAVID LEWIS
    at:
    • 919-733-3451, Tim.Moore@ncleg.net
      919-715-3015, David.Lewis@ncleg.net
      Tell them to move HB 69 from House Judiciary I to House Judiciary II in order for it to receive the fair hearing it deserves. You can use the copy/paste text below, under 'Deliver This Message,' to send an email message to Speaker Moore and Chairman Lewis.
    • CONTACT CHAIRMAN JOHN M. BLUST at:
      919-733-5781, John.Blust@ncleg.net
      Urge him to work with Speaker Moore to take the HB 69 into his committee and give it the fair hearing it deserves.
      You can use the copy/paste text below, under 'Deliver This Message,' to send an email message to Representative Blust.

DELIVER THIS MESSAGE
    Here are two suggested messages to deliver:

Suggested Subject: "Give HB 69 a fair hearing and move to House Judiciary II"

Dear [Speaker Moore or Chairman Lewis]:

House Bill 69, sponsored by Reps. Larry Pittman, Michael Speciale, Beverly Boswell, and Jay Adams, has been introduced and currently resides in House Judiciary I, chaired by Rep. Ted David, Jr. I feel that Rep. Davis will not give the bill the fair hearing it deserves and urge you to please move it to House Judiciary II chaired by Rep. John M. Blust.

A powerful trend is sweeping across the United States in which eleven states have now adopted (or previously had) statutes under which lawful citizens could carry firearms for self-protection without obtaining burdensome permits.

The states with permitless concealed carry now include Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Idaho, Kansas, Maine, Mississippi, Missouri, Vermont, West Virginia, and Wyoming. Indeed, Missouri’s law went into effect on January 1, and West Virginia’s went into effect in May. Additionally, more limited versions of permitless carry exist in Montana, New Hampshire, New Mexico, and Oklahoma.

It is high time North Carolina joined those enlightened states by relieving lawful North Carolinians from expensive and burdensome permit requirements which discriminate against people with lesser means. Accordingly, I ask you to give a prompt hearing to HB 69 (“Constitutional Carry Act”).

Each time we have expanded concealed carry – whether into parks, restaurants, educational property or elsewhere – naysayers have predicted gloom and doom. Each time, they have been wrong. In fact, I am aware of no instance in any of the states which have adopted constitutional carry in which it has caused problems.

Again, I urge you to give HB 69 a fair hearing and move it from Rep. Davis and House Judiciary I to House Judiciary II and Rep. Blust. I will be monitoring this issue through Grass Roots North Carolina legislative alerts.

Respectfully,

Suggested Subject: "Please work with Speaker Moore and give HB 69 a fair hearing in House House Judiciary II"

Dear House Chairman Blust:

House Bill 69, sponsored by Reps. Larry Pittman, Michael Speciale, Beverly Boswell, and Jay Adams, has been introduced and currently resides in House Judiciary I, chaired by Rep. Ted David, Jr. I feel that Rep. Davis will not give the bill the fair hearing it deserves and urge you to please work with Speaker Moore to move it to House Judiciary II under your leadership.

As you know, Rep. Blust, a powerful trend is sweeping across the United States in which eleven states have now adopted (or previously had) statutes under which lawful citizens could carry firearms for self-protection without obtaining burdensome permits.

It is high time North Carolina joined those enlightened states by relieving lawful North Carolinians from expensive and burdensome permit requirements which discriminate against people with lesser means.

Again, I urge you to work with Speaker Moore to move HB 69 to your House Judiciary Committee, House Judiciary II, to give it the fair hearing it deserves. I will be monitoring this issue through Grass Roots North Carolina legislative alerts.

Respectfully,

Sincerely,

© 2017 Grass Roots North Carolina. All rights reserved. Reproduction and distribution is permitted provided full attribution is given and the item is reprinted in its entirety. Address questions to: President@GRNC.org

Last edited by GunnyFreedom; 02-21-2017 at 01:38 AM.

Grassroots NC has been in the trenches and making REAL GAINS for 20 fkn years, and these pieces of unmitigated Rothfeld/Saber filth calling themselves "Gun Rights NC" are here for 20 fkn DAYS trying to undo all of our work, and discredit the people we have fighting for gun rights in the General Assembly.

Where the $#@! was Rothfeld/NAGR when we passed Castle Doctrine eh? Where the $#@! was Rothfeld/NAGR when we passed "must-issue" Concealed Carry, huh? Where the $#@! was Rothfeld/NAGR when we passed Restaurant Parks and school carry huh? Where the $#@! was Rothfeld/NAGR when Speciale and Pittman were getting attacked by the left and the right alike for being "too extreme on gun rights advocacy" Huh?

These motherfuckers clearly do not give a flying $#@! about gun rights, all they are here to do is take advantage of well meaning gun rights activists to strip us of our hard earned money that should go to Grassroots NC.

"The Patriarch"

Thanks. Reading the bill, it appears to be far less clean than any Constitutional Carry law. It isn't close to a clean bill IMO because the new section Article 54C. Letters (a), (b), (c), (d), (e), and (f) alone make it not a clean bill. When taken together, they make the bill questionable. Honestly, when the NRA screwed up the NH Constitutional Carry bill in the 2011/2012 session in NH, that version was about what the average state CC law is. We still stopped it because we thought no CC was better for NH than the standard other states pass, only with 2 bad additions. This NC bill is very concerning. This bill could set a dangerous precedent. In fact, I could see something like this passing in TX if it passed in NC. That wouldn't be a good trend, IMO Are you sure you really support it?

Sorry, I could be totally wrong. I'm not trying to undermine you. This is just my take based on my reading of the bill compared to my reading of the CC laws in other states.

(b)
    Carrying Concealed
    Handgun

A
    ny person
    who is
    a citizen of the United States and
    is
    at least
    years old
    may carry a concealed
    handgun
    in this State
    unless
    provided otherwise by
    State
    law
    or
    by
    18 U
    S
    C
    §
    922 or any other
    federal
    law.
    (c)
    Prohibition on
    C
    arrying
    C
    oncealed on
    P
    osted
    P
    rivate
    P
    roperty.

A person
    shall
    not
    carry a concealed handgun on another person
    '
    s private property
    if notice is given that carrying a
    concealed handgun on the premises is prohibited by either
    the
    posting
    of
    a
    conspicuous notice or
    statement by the person in legal possession or control of the premises.
    This subsection does not
    apply to a law enforcement officer who is discharging the officer
    '
    s official duties.
    (d)
    Prohibition on
    C
    onsuming
    A
    lcohol
    W
    hen
    C
    arrying
    C
    oncealed.

It is unlawful for a
    person to carry a concealed handgun while consuming alcohol or at any time while the person has
    remaining in the person
    '
    s body any alcohol or in the person
    '
    s blood a controlled substance
    previously consumed, but a person do
    es not violate this condition if a controlled substance in the
    person
    '
    s blood was lawfully obtained and taken in therapeutically appropriate amounts or if the
    person is on the person
    '
    s own property.

(f)
    Valid Identification Required;
    Disclosure
    to Law Enforcement Officer When Carrying
    Concealed.

When carrying a concealed
    h
    andgun
    , a person shall also carry valid identification
    and
    shall disclose to any law enforcement officer that the person is carrying a concealed
    handgun
    when approached or addressed by the officer and shall display the proper identification upon the
    request of a law enforcement officer.
    Last edited by Keith and stuff; 02-21-2017 at 01:50 AM.
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

Thanks. Reading the bill, it appears to be far less clean than any Constitutional Carry law. It isn't close to a clean bill IMO because the new section Article 54C. Letters (a), (b), (c), (d), (e), and (f) alone make it not a clean bill. When taken together, they make the bill questionable. Honestly, when the NRA screwed up the NH Constitutional Carry bill in the 2011/2012 session in NH, that version was about what the average state CC law is. We still stopped it because we thought no CC was better for NH than the standard other states pass, only with 2 bad additions. This NC bill is very concerning. This bill could set a dangerous precedent. In fact, I could see something like this passing in TX if it passed in NC. That wouldn't be a good trend, IMO Are you sure you really support it?

Sorry, I could be totally wrong. I'm not trying to undermine you. This is just my take based on my reading of the bill compared to my reading of the CC laws in other states.
    You are totally wrong. The part you are looking at is a VOLUNTARY piece which allows interstate reciprocation. You may note that Constitutional Carry States without such a voluntary registry have zero interstate carry reciprocation. Without this voluntary piece I would not be able to CC in Virginia or Tennessee or SC, or anywhere else where we currently have reciprocal carry. You would only need to seek the license if you were carrying concealed into other States for the purposes of reciprocity. You did note the 100% voluntary bit yes?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Looks to me that NAGR and NC Gun Rights is simply an extension of the Sabre money-grubbing machine.
    You have to be able to raise money in order to be consistently effective.

They have never done ANYTHING in support of gun rights but yell "give us money give us money," all the while orgs like Grassroots NC who is ALWAYS at the legislature, holding meeting, hosting gun show booths, sponsoring events, have been working and making real progress here for decades.
    Best I can tell, NAGR is just another arm of this Sabre scam that has glommed on to the Liberty Movement and tried to suck us dry of our funding.
    Uh no. They pick very specific targets where they think they have a chance to achieve victory. They are also responsible for stopping the Toomey-Manchin gun control bill (which the NRA supported).

If they are setting up shop in NC it is because they think they have a chance to accomplish something.

It seems to me that you are just jealous someone who is professional is infringing in your fiefdom. You really should be welcoming the help.

Seems pretty clear to me they are just here to divert money
    There is no way for them to "divert" money from other groups... Seems like you somehow think some groups are entitled to money

Who TF are these people to come in here, spend all of 20 fkn DAYS in NC and suddenly start vomiting all over orgs who have been here working for 20 YEARS and trying to shut down the most pro-gun members of our legislature?
    A few points...

- you should be glad you have help if you really care about the issues, but it sounds like you are jealous. Of course I know the real reason, you are still butthurt that Brannon's campaign didn't hire you.

- if a local group has been operating for 20 years and hasn't already passed Constitutional Carry, especially in a state like NC where it is achievable, then that group is obviously ineffective. This is how it normally is across the country, lots of the state level pro-gun groups are not run by full time professionals and dont know how to raise money or cause political pain, gotv, etc.

- just because a legislator is pro-gun doesn't mean that they are a good legislator. If they aren't willing to vote on pro-gun measures then they are not helping the cause. Only leaders are willing to introduce bills AND force recorded floor votes on these bills.

How much of this crap is it going to take before we accept the fact that this Rothfeld
    I do agree that his personality lends himself to earning that label sometimes.

And it's pretty clear to me that anything touched by Rothfeld/Saber is just a scam designed to separate liberty people from any effective use of our hard earned dollars. This crap is the last straw. I used to consider them mere self-enrichment opportunists. Now I consider them more than that, actual enemies of philosophical liberty. Trying to scam money off of the liberty movement is one thing. Actively trying to subvert the expansion of liberty during the course of scamming that money is another matter entirely.
    LOL, no one is scamming anything from anyone. As someone who has raised money for them and worked for them, I can assure you that they are very frugal and use their money to achieve victories... places like Missouri, Mississippi, West Virginia, and others just to name a few. They are working on getting it passed in SD this year too.

Grassroots NC has been in the trenches and making REAL GAINS for 20 fkn years,
    If that is the case, then why haven't they passed Constitutional Carry?

NAGR can pass it anywhere in less than 10 years (CA, NY, IL, MA, CT, RI excluded) and in most cases they can pass it in 4-6 years.

and these pieces of unmitigated Rothfeld/Saber filth calling themselves "Gun Rights NC" are here for 20 fkn DAYS trying to undo all of our work, and discredit the people we have fighting for gun rights in the General Assembly.
    They are not trying to undo anyone's work. But if a legislator doesn't meet their exceptionally high standards, then yeah, they are going to give them some grief.

Where the $#@! was Rothfeld/NAGR when we passed Castle Doctrine eh? Where the $#@! was Rothfeld/NAGR when we passed "must-issue" Concealed Carry, huh? Where the $#@! was Rothfeld/NAGR when we passed Restaurant Parks and school carry huh? Where the $#@! was Rothfeld/NAGR when Speciale and Pittman were getting attacked by the left and the right alike for being "too extreme on gun rights advocacy" Huh?
    Off passing Constitutional Carry in other states. Congrats on your victories though, but you should be excited to have help. Again you are coming off as a whining kid here who doesn't want anyone else playing with his toys. Not to mention that your cussing is exceptionally immature and unprofessional.

These motherfuckers clearly do not give a flying $#@! about gun rights, all they are here to do is take advantage of well meaning gun rights activists to strip us of our hard earned money that should go to Grassroots NC.
    As previously mentioned, you really shouldn't drink and post.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

You are totally wrong. The part you are looking at is a VOLUNTARY piece which allows interstate reciprocation. You may note that Constitutional Carry States without such a voluntary registry have zero interstate carry reciprocation. Without this voluntary piece I would not be able to CC in Virginia or Tennessee or SC, or anywhere else where we currently have reciprocal carry. You would only need to seek the license if you were carrying concealed into other States for the purposes of reciprocity.
    We don't have any of those restricts in New Hampshire. They aren't required. Most states with CC only have 1, 2 or 3 of them.

You did note the 100% voluntary bit yes?
    Thank you. Yes I missed it. Where in the bill does it mention that?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    If naming yourself by the acronym of an actually legitimate Gun Rights org who has been operating here for 20 years is how you are raising money, then you are crooked as hell. If you are trying to take away from a group who is in the General Assembly 3 days a week, every week, for the last 20 years when all your org does is send emails soliciting donations, you are not being effective. Unless your intend is to destroy gin rights organizations.

Uh no. They pick very specific targets where they think they have a chance to achieve victory. They are also responsible for stopping the Toomey-Manchin gun control bill (which the NRA supported).

If they are setting up shop in NC it is because they think they have a chance to accomplish something.
    Shutting down and discrediting NC's only pro-gun legislators? This is what they think they can accomplish?

It seems to me that you are just jealous someone who is professional is infringing in your fiefdom. You really should be welcoming the help.
    Again, your speculation easts you into pure fantasy. I am pro-gun. I myself have not been back to the NCGA in 3 years. These idiot's version of "help" is to destroy the work of gun rights activists. Why would I welcome that?

There is no way for them to "divert" money from other groups... Seems like you somehow think some groups are entitled to money
    Riiight. We've only been here 20 days, but we're just going to pretend to be affiliated with the group that has been here for 20 years when demanding money.

A few points...

- you should be glad you have help if you really care about the issues, but it sounds like you are jealous. Of course I know the real reason, you are still butthurt that Brannon's campaign didn't hire you.
    Once again you are lying and deflecting, which is what you do, therefore I am not surprised. The reason I oppose "Gun Rights NC" is because I am pro gun and Gun Rights NC is actively trying to stop us.

- if a local group has been operating for 20 years and hasn't already passed Constitutional Carry, especially in a state like NC where it is achievable, then that group is obviously ineffective. This is how it normally is across the country, lots of the state level pro-gun groups are not run by full time professionals and dont know how to raise money or cause political pain, gotv, etc.
    Bull$#@!. You don't have the first clue what you are talking about. NC had been under liberal domination since the 1870's. In the five years since Republicans have taken back NC's government, we have made more gun right gains than any other State in the union.

- just because a legislator is pro-gun doesn't mean that they are a good legislator. If they aren't willing to vote on pro-gun measures then they are not helping the cause. Only leaders are willing to introduce bills AND force recorded floor votes on these bills.
    Do you even know who Larry Pittman and Michael Speciale are whom you are accusing of being "Bad Legislators?" Because I know them personally, and I have for over a decade, and you are full of $#@!.

I do agree that his personality lends himself to earning that label sometimes.

LOL, no one is scamming anything from anyone. As someone who has raised money for them and worked for them,
    Well that explains a lot.

I can assure you that they are very frugal and use their money to achieve victories... places like Missouri, Mississippi, West Virginia, and others just to name a few. They are working on getting it passed in SD this year too.

If that is the case, then why haven't they passed Constitutional Carry?

NAGR can pass it anywhere in less than 10 years (CA, NY, IL, MA, CT, RI excluded) and in most cases they can pass it in 4-6 years.

They are not trying to undo anyone's work. But if a legislator doesn't meet their exceptionally high standards, then yeah, they are going to give them some grief.

Off passing Constitutional Carry in other states. Congrats on your victories though, but you should be excited to have help.
    Help destroying gun rights and gin rights activists and gun rights legislators? Thanks but no thanks.

Again you are coming off as a whining kid here who doesn't want anyone else playing with his toys. Not to mention that your cussing is exceptionally immature and unprofessional.
    I don't rightly give a $#@! what personal fantasies you paint me with. I will stand and defend the right to bear arms no matter how mich you wish I would sit down and shut up.

As previously mentioned, you really shouldn't drink and post.
    You do understand that constantly accusing someone of drunkenness whenever you disagree with them is called "Libel" right? If we needed any evidence of your crooked and unprincipled nature, there it is.
    Last edited by GunnyFreedom; 02-21-2017 at 02:41 AM.

We don't have any of those restricts in New Hampshire. They aren't required. Most states with CC only have 1, 2 or 3 of them.
    What restrics? This bill makes no requirements for Concealed Carry except that you can legally possess a gun.

Thank you. Yes I missed it. Where in the bill does it mention that?
    That's the entire point of this bill. If you read it, it says clearly that there is no permit needed to carry concealed. The only reason the permitting process is being retained is for out of state reciprocity.

If Gun Rights NC had spent more than the last 20 days in NC they would have known that we tried this 2 years ago and gun owners freaked out because they were going to lose reciprocity.

A connection to Mike Rothfield/Saber is about all I need to know about this organization. To simply shuffle the acronym for an existing gun rights lobby is about what I'd expect out of them. Thanks for the heads up Gunny. I'll pass the word around and double check who it is soliciting funds.
    Last edited by phill4paul; 02-21-2017 at 09:05 AM.

From an old thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Cowlesy View Post
    I see Mike Rothfield consults with Gun Owners of America. What is our position on Gun Owners of America?
    Well, that makes sense. I'm sure he acquired a rather nice mailing list and decided to cash in on the liberty movement. Again.

You mean like the NRA?

They have been fleecing and screwing gun owners for years. and I expect the same thing here.

and they all support a police state..
    and that is the bottom line.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

What restrics? This bill makes no requirements for Concealed Carry except that you can legally possess a gun.
    And that is an issue that no one will touch.

and it is key.

Possession of any tool of self defense should not be prohibited.. or even questioned.

There should never be any question of legal possession,, unless it is clearly a stolen weapon..(witnessed observation)
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    OK, I realize this thread is about NC. I don't know much about NC so I don't have anything to add on NC I'll defer to members from there like Gunny. I don't have anything to counter his claims about NCGR, sounds like they have screwed up.

That said, as far as NAGR in Texas goes I do have something to add. NAGR and their state affiliate here TXGR are the good guys. the leaders here are respectable grassroots liberty advocates. They are one of the few groups supporting our CC bill here. Their political PAC gets involved in primaries and contributes directly to candidates and sends out direct mail supporting a good candidate or attacking a bad one, and in every case I have seen they are contributing to the right side. Yes, their fundraising can be annoying, but I don't mind a few hundred emails in my spam box when good campaigns are getting $1,000 checks. I only wish they were writing even bigger checks, but hey its better than what most of us can do.

Now, they may be inefficient, I have no doubt there is some waste. And their claim to be the only no compromise group is suspect, bu to be fair there were few if any other active no compromise groups here before they came on the scene. And so far I have never seen them compromise.

They do lobby for good legislation like our Constitutional Carry bill at the capitol and call BS on the leadership when the legislature tries to give us watered down substitute bills instead.

There are few groups around here that have proven trustworthy in this state and so far they haven't been a disappointment. All I know is in this state they have been a force for good. I don't think you will find any informed liberty person in Texas who would claim that we would be better off without them here.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    You mean like the NRA?

They have been fleecing and screwing gun owners for years. and I expect the same thing here.

and they all support a police state..
    and that is the bottom line.
    No, NAGR does not support a police state, and yes the NRA is a bad organization most of the time. NAGR's budget is less than $20 million, the NRA's is more than $100 million. The NRA has also given themselves monopoly status by writing themselves into many state laws for training and qualification.
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

If naming yourself by the acronym of an actually legitimate Gun Rights org who has been operating here for 20 years is how you are raising money, then you are crooked as hell. If you are trying to take away from a group who is in the General Assembly 3 days a week, every week, for the last 20 years when all your org does is send emails soliciting donations, you are not being effective. Unless your intend is to destroy gin rights organizations.
    First off, they are not "taking away" from anyone. If they are better at fundraising than the other group, then it is a free market and they deserve to raise funds. It's not like the previous group "owns" donor's discretionary money

Secondly, about the name, yeah that can create some confusion I don't disagree. However my guess is that they may not have known the other group existed before they set up shop.

Shutting down and discrediting NC's only pro-gun legislators? This is what they think they can accomplish?
    If NAGR is attacking them, then they aren't really pro gun, or at least aren't pro-gun enough. They have very high standards.

Bull$#@!. You don't have the first clue what you are talking about. NC had been under liberal domination since the 1870's. In the five years since Republicans have taken back NC's government, we have made more gun right gains than any other State in the union.
    Ask yourself this... why was NAGR able to pass ConCarry in WV the first year they gained Republican control? Why is it taking you +5 years?

Do you even know who Larry Pittman and Michael Speciale are whom you are accusing of being "Bad Legislators?" Because I know them personally, and I have for over a decade, and you are full of $#@!.
    Are they willing to force a clean ConCarry bill to the floor of each chamber and demand a recorded vote?

You do understand that constantly accusing someone of drunkenness whenever you disagree with them is called "Libel" right? If we needed any evidence of your crooked and unprincipled nature, there it is.
    Then perhaps you shouldn't write as if you are intoxicated.

First off, they are not "taking away" from anyone. If they are better at fundraising than the other group, then it is a free market and they deserve to raise funds. It's not like the previous group "owns" donor's discretionary money

Secondly, about the name, yeah that can create some confusion I don't disagree. However my guess is that they may not have known the other group existed before they set up shop.
    Considering that Grassroots NC has been active in NC for over 20 years and is familiar to every gun rights activist in the state, the fact that they may not have known about them is not exactly a recommendation.

If NAGR is attacking them, then they aren't really pro gun, or at least aren't pro-gun enough. They have very high standards.
    Bull$#@!.

Ask yourself this... why was NAGR able to pass ConCarry in WV the first year they gained Republican control? Why is it taking you +5 years?
    A couple years ago I might have considered that they had something to do with it. Now that I have seen their 'activism' up close and personal I am inclined to believe WV passed it in spite of NAGR.

Are they willing to force a clean ConCarry bill to the floor of each chamber and demand a recorded vote?
    THEY are, like they were in 2015, 2013, 2011; but LEADERSHIP decides what is and is not heard in committee, and leadership is the residue of Thom Tillis. Discharge Petitions do not work. You can introduce a dozen perfect bills, but when the Speaker decides red light green light which bills are allowed to be heard in Committee, and they do not want a bill heard, then you get nothing at all done.

If Gun Rights NC had bothered to actually spend any effort at all to understand the environment here then they might have understood what is going on. This is the same reason Reilly fell apart with Brannon. The Saber orgs want to come into NC and think they can make things happen with ZERO understanding of NC politics. All politics is local. Trying to come at NC as though we were WV or LA does not work. It will not work.

Then perhaps you shouldn't write as if you are intoxicated.
    Perhaps it takes a narcissistic blithering ignoramus to constantly assume anyone who doesn't worship you must be drunk, and a sociopath to not give a $#@! about the real professional harm that can be done by such libelous accusations.

Considering that Grassroots NC has been active in NC for over 20 years and is familiar to every gun rights activist in the state, the fact that they may not have known about them is not exactly a recommendation.
    How big is their list?

A couple years ago I might have considered that they had something to do with it. Now that I have seen their 'activism' up close and personal I am inclined to believe WV passed it in spite of NAGR.
    Because you don't know what you are talking about. You never took the time to learn or understand their strategy therefor you can't comprehend what is going on behind the scenes. I was the guy who first passed in WV, and I assure you, it wouldn't have happened it it weren't for our action. The locals had been working for years to get it done and couldn't.

THEY are, like they were in 2015, 2013, 2011; but LEADERSHIP decides what is and is not heard in committee, and leadership is the residue of Thom Tillis. Discharge Petitions do not work. You can introduce a dozen perfect bills, but when the Speaker decides red light green light which bills are allowed to be heard in Committee, and they do not want a bill heard, then you get nothing at all done.
    Have they ever tried to discharge a bill? If they haven't then that is why they are ineffective. In order to get something passed you MUST have a recorded floor vote. As you have observed, leadership doesn't want that, so you have to force the vote anyway. If the guys in there don't have enough of a spine to do that, then they really aren't helping. If they aren't willing to defy leadership, then they in fact going along with leadership.

Trying to come at NC as though we were WV or LA does not work. It will not work.
    Actually as someone who has traveled the country and operated in many states, I can tell you that it does in fact work the same everywhere. Politics in the US is extremely formulaic.

I skimmed the bill so tell me if I'm wrong. This is for unlicensed conceal carry only, right?

Google tells me that open carry is already legal in NC. It's confusing to have it called constitutional carry when they only seem to reference concealed carry in the bill's description.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast