Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Podesta attacks Trump for ‘emulating’ Putin’s media manipulation

Podesta attacks Trump for ‘emulating’ Putin’s media manipulation

Podesta attacks Trump for ‘emulating’ Putin’s media manipulation

John Podesta, Hillary Clinton’s former campaign chairman, attacked President Trump late Thursday for “emulating” Russian President Vladimir Putin’s strategy of manipulating and undermining the media.

Writing in an op-ed in the Washington Post, Mr. Podesta accused the president of engaging in a “dangerous” media strategy “used by autocrats” to alter the public’s perception of the press.

“Trump is attempting to build a hall of mirrors where even our most basic sensory perceptions are shrouded in confusion,” Mr. Podesta wrote. “He is emulating the successful strategy of Vladimir Putin. These episodes distort our understanding of reality and put us in danger of experiencing an information void like Russia.”

The article was posted online hours after Mr. Trump blasted the media at a White House press conference for dishonesty and “fake news.” The president has criticized the media frequently, almost daily, since taking office.

Mr. Trump also mentioned Mr. Podesta at his press conference, saying the hacking of Mr. Podesta’s emails during the campaign last year wasn’t as serious an offense as the leaking of classified information by U.S. intelligence operatives to undermine Mr. Trump’s presidency.

“You’re talking about John Podesta saying bad things about the boss [Mrs. Clinton],” Mr. Trump told reporters. “If John Podesta said that about me and he was working for me, I would have fired him so fast your head would have spun. He said terrible things about her. But it wasn’t classified information.”

Mr. Podesta said Mr. Trump “benefited from fake news stories during the campaign; then as president-elect and now president, he has constantly used the epithet against mainstream media outlets that dare criticize him.”

“What’s happening here is more than the simple continuation of Trump’s well-documented tendency as a candidate to lie flagrantly and refuse to back down,” he wrote. “It is more than his narcissistic incapacity to receive bad news. It is more dangerous. Trump is deploying a strategy, used by autocrats, designed to completely disorient public perception.”

Mr. Podesta said Americans can’t allow Mr. Trump to deepen public distrust of the media and other institutions. He said the public “should maintain a heightened vigilance and think more carefully about the veracity of the information they consume.”

“Americans must also be wary of any effort, particularly from the White House, to disorient or discredit reliable information,” Mr. Podesta said.
    http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...putin-media-m/
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Banned

Blog Entries
    Oooh, Podesta says its dangerous!

EMAIL LINK REVEALS CLINTON CAMPAIGNS COZY PRESS RELATIONSHIP

Add CPUd to the list of surrogates

pundits regularly featured on cable news programs were paid by the Clinton campaign without any disclosure when they appeared; several of them are included on this “surrogates” list, including Stephanie Cutter and Maria Cardona:

The Clinton campaign likes to use glitzy, intimate, completely off-the-record parties between top campaign aides and leading media personalities. One of the most elaborately planned get-togethers was described in an April, 2015, memo — produced, according to the document metadata, by deputy press secretary Jesse Ferguson — to take place shortly before Clinton’s official announcement of her candidacy. The event was an April 10 cocktail party for leading news figures and top-level Clinton staff at the Upper East Side home of Clinton strategist Joel Benenson, a fully off-the-record gathering designed to impart the campaign’s messaging:

I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 01/15/24
    Trump will win every single state primary by double digits.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 04/20/16
    There won't be a contested convention
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 05/30/17
    The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

Glenn Thrush , extremely corrupt, dishonest "journalist" writes to John Podesta: "Because I have become a hack I will send u the whole section that pertains to u Please don't share or tell anyone I did this Tell me if I $#@!ed up anything" then he sends a huge part of the article to John Podesta. Absolutely disgraceful. Podesta approves the section of course which showed him in a very positive light to begin with. Don't worry Glenn Thrush of the Politico. I'm sure Podesta won't tell anyone you did this.

https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails...2681#efmAByAEV
    I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

Banned

Blog Entries
    Deep State thinks they can weaponize Podesta. Ha ha ha. That is a guaranteed fail Rovian strategy, and worse, it won't just fizzle, it'll backfire wonderfully. Age of new propaganda. Rove is so 2004. It's 2017, and propaganda has reached a whole new level.

CPUd was supposed to be anti-Trump.

“I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The point man for Hillary Clinton is pointing the finger at others for media manipulation. The irony...
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Podesta still hasn't denied the emails.Yet blames Russia for leaking? even though Russia didn't.

He's so going to get killed in prison.
    For the Republic! For the Cause!
    The Truth About Central Banking and Business Cycles
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaxIPPMR3fI#t=186

Quote Originally Posted by Athan View Post
    He's so going to get killed in prison.
    He will not go to prison.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    He will not go to prison.
    No but his friends are.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    No but his friends are.
    He does not have friends at this level.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    He does not have friends at this level.
    He does the snowflakes who still want Hillary as the queen of the world lol

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    He does the snowflakes who still want Hillary as the queen of the world lol
    Couldn't care less.

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    I am sure there is a message here somewhere.

I am glad somebody deciphered it.

Is this supposed to end him?

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Are you obsessed with Mr. Trump? Do you have small hands?

This sure proves something.

Oh goody. Is this hand image day?

================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Was this before or after Podesta's spirit cooking dinner?
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast