Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Powerball is 403 Million!!

Powerball is 403 Million!!

drawing Wednesday!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    6 numbers ?
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    6 numbers ?
    5 from one set
    1 from another
    6 total

Quote Originally Posted by CaseyJones View Post
    What a scam!

minus the government theft - what, around 2 million?
    I'd like my winnings in either gold or BTC please
    Disclaimer: any post made after midnight and before 8AM is made before the coffee dip stick has come up to optomim level - expect some level of silliness,

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by opal View Post
    minus the government theft - what, around 2 million?
    I'd like my winnings in either gold or BTC please
    well 403 is the 25 annual payments amount
    it's 243 million in one lump sum
    about 150 million after taxes if you get decent financial help
    oh and don't live in a state with it's own income tax

I'd rather play nickle-dime poker........

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    What a scam!
    Looking at the odds to win more than 4 , most certainly . Best odds are 1 in 38 of hitting the special number .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by CaseyJones View Post
    well 403 is the 25 annual payments amount
    it's 243 million in one lump sum
    about 150 million after taxes if you get decent financial help
    oh and don't live in a state with it's own income tax
    So , around 142 in a state with income tax , or 100 off the top .
    Do something Danke

1 in 914K to win 50K . Probably will continue my non participation , How many tickets will the sell , 500k ? It seems they sell more when it gets higher . If I was going to buy a ticket , I would buy a Hoosier Lotto when the powerball is high . It would make me feel better that nobody is buying those
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    I'd rather play nickle-dime poker........
    What is the jackpot prize for that game? I hate to say it but I will be buying the lottery tomorrow even though I know in my hearts of hearts that I wont win. But if I win, 100k each to all my RPF buddies and 10k to the ones that annoy me

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    What is the jackpot prize for that game? I hate to say it but I will be buying the lottery tomorrow even though I know in my hearts of hearts that I wont win. But if I win, 100k each to all my RPF buddies and 10k to the ones that annoy me
    Just a reminder: You are favorite!

If you won Jules , what are you going to buy with your winnings ?
    Do something Danke

142 million , hmmmmm , maybe three more rifles , another wagon , a memorial stone for Danke and a new hen house.......
    Do something Danke

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Other than a hunting trip to Africa I cannot think of a way to blow any money......
    Do something Danke

If you won Jules , what are you going to buy with your winnings ?
    You mean apart from sharing my new found wealth with my RPF brothers? I am going to buy a big farm land and become a big time farmer. But then again, before someone tells me that I have next to zero chance of winning, believe me I know that. In fact I rarely check my ticket after buying it, that is how little hope I have in winning the big one.

But yet, I keep paying this voluntary tax and keep dreaming

Someone once told me that the Lottery is just a voluntary tax for people who don't understand math.

I won't be buying in

You mean apart from sharing my new found wealth with my RPF brothers? I am going to buy a big farm land and become a big time farmer. But then again, before someone tells me that I have next to zero chance of winning, believe me I know that. In fact I rarely check my ticket after buying it, that is how little hope I have in winning the big one.

But yet, I keep paying this voluntary tax and keep dreaming
    What do you want to farm ?
    Do something Danke

I may not even plant any potatoes this year .
    Do something Danke

What do you want to farm ?
    I would like an orchard of some kind that would be sorta my pet project where I would experiment with growing out of climate fruits and then regular stuff like corn and soy beans. I would also raise cattle if its not too tasking. There is something about working the soil that appeals to me.

I would like an orchard of some kind that would be sorta my pet project where I would experiment with growing out of climate fruits and then regular stuff like corn and soy beans. I would also raise cattle if its not too tasking. There is something about working the soil that appeals to me.
    Excellent .
    Do something Danke

Other than a hunting trip to Africa I cannot think of a way to blow any money......
    I can!
    Massage therapist
    summer house in each legal weed state (but not DC)
    fly to Italy.. have shoes/boots made that actually fit right
    biggest Halloween party ever.. planning takes time
    Last edited by opal; 02-20-2017 at 06:22 PM.
    Disclaimer: any post made after midnight and before 8AM is made before the coffee dip stick has come up to optomim level - expect some level of silliness,

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living !!!!!!!

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Looking at the odds to win more than 4 , most certainly . Best odds are 1 in 38 of hitting the special number .
    0+1 pays the same as 1+1 - $4 despite 1+1 being 3 times harder to get. Same for 3+1 and 4+0. Is our children learning?

Quote Originally Posted by opal View Post
    I can!
    Massage therapist
    summer house in each legal weed state (but not DC)
    fly to Italy.. have shoes/boots made that actually fit right
    biggest Halloween party ever.. planning takes time
    I have an annual Halloween bonfire already , massage therapy sounds good though
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by Root View Post
    Someone once told me that the Lottery is just a voluntary tax for people who don't understand math.

I won't be buying in
    It's true but "Hope springs eternal" and "You never know when lightening will strike." And .......

Meh, I bought one. It's a pretty good haul. I'd buy a crap load of acreage. I'd do it in a county in which a rather large influx of people could take over the county government. On the property I would set up a tiny home manufacturing company. I'd offer employees a half-acre and a tiny home and offer those that want to found a liberty community the same. I'd like community gardens and a centralized kitchen/eating facility/canning facility where everyone could break bread if they felt like it. I'd set up some forges and a lumber-mill. A pottery building. A machine shop. A small hospital (I'd entice Kotin to come be all of our personal M.D. by paying any school costs. ) I'd build a store on the side of the road leading into the property so that goods from the artisans and the garden could be sold. Boy, I could go on and on if I had $403 million.

I buy 2 tickets whenever the jackpot is over 300 million.
    I hit the 0 + powerball on saturday, $4!! YAY, free tickets for Tuesday!
    If I win, I would take the lump sum and put the money into buying land and other physical assets.

Lotteries: Who says taxation can't be voluntary?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast