Thread: Will Donny T's policies result in serious inflation?

Will Donny T's policies result in serious inflation?

My example is avocados since Donny is fond of railing on Mexico. I eat avocados every day, usually 2-3. They're 99 cents in one store we shop, and have been fairly steady in price over a good number of years. They mostly come from Mexico, but you occasionally see labels with California or Peru.

So this prick wants to tax imports. I can't imagine there is much avocado tax right now since the prices are low and they often go on sale for 59 cents (although those are the crappy leftovers). I've heard 20% import tax, which would probably make the avocados $1.19. That's an extra $3.50 per week for me. I doubt food would be exempt from this proposal because many no longer see food as a sacred cow and put a good tax on it.

Now multiply that $3.50 times a lot of other items. It starts to add up. I already work and don't need these ghost jobs he is going to bring back. I don't foresee making more money any time soon. This 4 time bankruptcy loser "president" is not interested in business. Now that he is at the pinnacle, he will only exercise what has always been his business: trying to act like a big shot. I have to wonder how long bootlickers will continue to see this imbecile as Godot. Too bad his parents or somebody didn't shove a rotten avocado up this narcissist's flabby ass when he was younger. He's nothing but a smart ass. F*ck him.

So anyway, what about it? Inflation or not? What happens when other countries that are now part of the global scene retaliate with their own import taxes? How about other products?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I find it difficult to believe a tax increase like that would get through the House , but I worked hard to try and keep a ten cent a gallon gas tax increase from clearing the house here recently and failed , so that shows you what I know .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I find it difficult to believe a tax increase like that would get through the House , but I worked hard to try and keep a ten cent a gallon gas tax increase from clearing the house here recently and failed , so that shows you what I know .

Wow, sorry to hear that, Oyarde. That's not a small amount. I see they want to raise some other fees:

"The bill also would add an extra $15 registration fee on every vehicle, a $150 fee for electric vehicles and also would require a study on toll roads."
    http://www.indystar.com/story/news/p...ease/97989860/

"A study on toll roads."

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    My example is avocados since Donny is fond of railing on Mexico. I eat avocados every day, usually 2-3. They're 99 cents in one store we shop, and have been fairly steady in price over a good number of years. They mostly come from Mexico, but you occasionally see labels with California or Peru.

So this prick wants to tax imports. I can't imagine there is much avocado tax right now since the prices are low and they often go on sale for 59 cents (although those are the crappy leftovers). I've heard 20% import tax, which would probably make the avocados $1.19. That's an extra $3.50 per week for me. I doubt food would be exempt from this proposal because many no longer see food as a sacred cow and put a good tax on it.

Now multiply that $3.50 times a lot of other items. It starts to add up. I already work and don't need these ghost jobs he is going to bring back. I don't foresee making more money any time soon. This 4 time bankruptcy loser "president" is not interested in business. Now that he is at the pinnacle, he will only exercise what has always been his business: trying to act like a big shot. I have to wonder how long bootlickers will continue to see this imbecile as Godot. Too bad his parents or somebody didn't shove a rotten avocado up this narcissist's flabby ass when he was younger. He's nothing but a smart ass. F*ck him.

So anyway, what about it? Inflation or not? What happens when other countries that are now part of the global scene retaliate with their own import taxes? How about other products?
    Look on the bright side, those avacado's will be grown in California and picked by "murican dreamers". Lol, who am I kidding? They won't pick them, it's union avacado's for you, at $2.00 a piece. Makes your patriotic heart just swell, doesn't it? MAGA!
    "The Patriarch"

Check Aldis for your Avocados .
    Do something Danke

So Americans imported Chinese junk and other crap for years and it was never a problem. Americans accepted the big blue box store and its bastard children dollar stores. Americans took the low prices without realizing the lower value.

The crappy value that deflated the economy and standard of living all along in inferior products will now probably be inflated in price. Your junk will now cost more.

Americans become the butt of the joke for the second time.

I don't eat avocados very often
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Check Aldis for your Avocados .
    Yeah, that's who has them for 99 cents. Not bad really. At Food Lion, they were 1.29, then 1.39, and now 1.49. Same size as Aldi. I won't go to the big blue box store, but Food Lion has them beat anyway.

I lived up your way for awhile, except in Indianapolis. I really miss Meijer. Their produce supplier was Melissa's, which had some top quality stuff. Good avocados. They had this really good exotic fruit called Cherimoya. Man, that fruit is so good and outstanding.

Giant Eagle had the best avocados. From mid-May to mid-June. Big and dry to the bone.

Last edited by NorthCarolinaLiberty; 02-19-2017 at 08:53 PM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    Yeah, that's who has them for 99 cents. Not bad really.

I lived up your way for awhile, except in Indianapolis. I really miss Meijer. Their produce supplier was Melissa's, which had some top quality stuff. Good avocados. They had this really good exotic fruit called Cherimoya. Man, that fruit is so good and outstanding.

Giant Eagle had the best avocados. From mid-May to mid-June. Big and dry to the bone.

Yeah ,my youngest sister lives on the West side and she picks up her produce at Meijer .
    . I get muh pineapples and winter pears at an Aldi about 40 miles South of the city.
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    I don't eat avocados very often
    I do not but the Mrs love them .
    Do something Danke

Any sort of import tax will cause inflation .
    Do something Danke

I'm pretty sure if there's any inflation, the Federal Reserve can print money to reduce inflation
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

The price inflation isn't the result of policies, the policies are the cover story for the price inflation. It's always about the money. Always. The policies are to create a plausible explanation for the loss of value of the money. Remember, it's never the bankers. Focus on the President and his policies only.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    I'm pretty sure if there's any inflation, the Federal Reserve can print money to reduce inflation
    The fed can make america great .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    The price inflation isn't the result of policies, the policies are the cover story for the price inflation. It's always about the money. Always. The policies are to create a plausible explanation for the loss of value of the money. Remember, it's never the bankers. Focus on the President and his policies only.
    Are you questioning the invisible hand of the market?

Can Devil21 or anyone explain this with concrete examples? I'm a rookie, but this is what I observe.

Banks pushed easy credit several decades ago through credit cards, student loans, etc. Banks don't have actual money to back up most of it; however, nobody has savings, so there is no danger of bank runs. Interest is incredibly high and collected from a good number of debtors. Defaults are written off by banks through their writing banking laws/regulations. So, banks clean up on 30% interest and break even on defaulters. Net gain.

The above coincided with cheap global products (e.g., Chinese junk) several decades ago. People paid less, but the value was even lesser. Net consumer loss. Products and services continue to decline, so consumers get less value with each passing year. Those consumers are availed easy credit, which is a losing proposition for their junk of diminishing value. The American consumer therefore, is enslaved to a modern day variation of company scrip.

All of this suggests deflation. I mean that in a broader sense. Products and services are crap and getting worse. Food is pretty cheap (e.g., fast food), so people fatten up and contribute to the their own spiraling company scrip enslavement and misery. Bankers will like to eliminate actual money and completely replace it with credit, which would be akin to company scrip vouchers.

This might be naive, but this is what I observe. Am I thinking small potatoes with consumer examples? Is it much bigger than I think? Or, does it all add up? Would it not benefit the Mr. Potters of the world to keep things "deflationary" and Johnny Punchclock tearing out his hair living from check to check? Aren't they cleaning up already in Pottersville USA? Would they favor Donny's protectionist proposals? Or does that even matter?

Please don't tell me to read an Austrian Economics book and whatnot. I would not mind some day, but this can't be that complicated. Can it? Enlighten George Bailey here, please!
    Last edited by NorthCarolinaLiberty; 02-20-2017 at 03:30 AM.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Are you questioning the invisible hand of the market?

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

A couple more questions while I attempt to connect the dots on these economic terms and sh*t. Banks don't make money when cashed is exchanged. They don't get the merchant fee and they don't get consumer interest. So, why were these debit cards introduced? Maybe they want to track people's spending habits and assess the risk of issuing them credit. Start off with a small amount of credit. Sort of like crack cocaine?

I see people use debit at the grocery. Aldi takes debit, but not credit, so I would think any debit card fee is lower than a credit card fee. Do merchants pay a fee? How about the consumer? My wife occasionally uses a debit card (I don't know why), but there is no fee.

And again, is the classic (and probably natural) inflationary-deflationary cycle now obsolete? Or, would creditors make even more money off of schmucks because the interest is higher on higher priced goods? Seems like they eliminated this cycle and it was replaced by a one directional path to hell.
    Last edited by NorthCarolinaLiberty; 02-20-2017 at 04:13 AM.

There is no money. The illusion of money is the illusion of power. Power is fleeting, as is money. Can't take either with you and both only exist in minds as long as they can be correlated. But one can pass the perceptions of money, and therefore the perceptions of power, to the next. If one is a slave to either, or both, one however remains imperfect.
    Last edited by devil21; 02-20-2017 at 04:49 AM.