Thread: Harrison Ford has near miss with Boeing 737

Harrison Ford has near miss with Boeing 737

Han Solo almost collided with an American Airlines 737 at John Wayne Airport in California. Landed on a taxiway next to the runway. Probably got confused.

USE THIS SITE TO LINK ARTICLES FROM OLIGARCH MEDIA:http://archive.is/ STARVE THE BEAST.
    More Government = Less Freedom
    Communism never disappeared it only changed its name to Social Democrat
    Emotion and Logic mix like oil and water

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Believe it or not, it is easy enough to do.

KSNA is kind of a funny setup with long and short parallel runways that are squeezed together and staggered with a parallel taxiway in between.

It is pretty busy with a lot of rubber buildup on the big runway and the taxiways are dark asphalt, if I remember correctly.

There are only two types of pilots: Those who have had a runway/taxiway incursion and those who will.
    Last edited by sparebulb; 02-19-2017 at 08:57 PM.

Breathless bull$#@! reporting.

Really a fairly common occurrence.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

There is more and more of this BS. Watching local news is like watching an alternate reality.

But Harrison Ford tho
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

If he had been flying the Millennium Falcon this would not have happened.

Last edited by anaconda; 02-19-2017 at 04:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post
    Believe it or not, it is easy enough to do.

KSNA is kind of a funny setup with long and short parallel runways that are staggered with a parallel taxiway in between.

It is pretty busy with a lot of rubber buildup on the big runway and the taxiways are dark asphalt, if I remember correctly.

There are only two types of pilots: Those who have had a runway/taxiway incursion and those who will.
    I'm surprised to hear this still isn't precisely controlled. Because isn't runway misuse what caused the Canary Islands incident?

Quote Originally Posted by anaconda View Post
    I'm surprised to hear this still isn't precisely controlled. Because isn't runway misuse what caused the Canary Islands incident?
    It is precisely controlled.

There was a lot of links in the error chain leading up the Canary Islands crash.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tenerife_airport_disaster

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Yes it is. Remember a few years back Korean Air Cargo took off a taxiway in Anchorage Alaska. Almost hit a large snow pile at the end of it. Controllers screaming at them whole time.

If this was anyone else besides Ford it would not have made the news because there was no collision.
    USE THIS SITE TO LINK ARTICLES FROM OLIGARCH MEDIA:http://archive.is/ STARVE THE BEAST.

There were a lot of other factors such as thick fog, controllers without radar and a star KLM pilot that ignored his copilot. If interested a great video on it here:

I'm surprised to hear this still isn't precisely controlled.
    Good observation.

I've ranted for years about the worthlessness of tower controllers that don't look out the windows to see what is going on.

Granted, the tower controller might not have had a good angle of view on that end of the runway.

But then again, one of the reasons to have a tower is to make sure that airplanes are separated and get to where they are assigned to go.

That, obviously, didn't happen.

So, 100% of this shouldn't land on Han.

pretty sure they'll revoke his license after he plows broadside into a 747, but wouldn't it be cool to be killed by Han Solo in an air crash?...

If it wasn't Ford AND if he hadn't crashed just a year or two ago, you're right, this wouldn't be news.

Perhaps for his own safety's sake Ford will stop flying now.
    The more prohibitions you have,
    the less virtuous people will be.
    The more weapons you have,
    the less secure people will be.
    The more subsidies you have,
    the less self-reliant people will be.

Therefore the Master says:
    I let go of the law,
    and people become honest.
    I let go of economics,
    and people become prosperous.
    I let go of religion,
    and people become serene.
    I let go of all desire for the common good,
    and the good becomes common as grass.

-Tao Te Ching, Section 57

Quote Originally Posted by jonhowe View Post
    If it wasn't Ford AND if he hadn't crashed just a year or two ago, you're right, this wouldn't be news.

Perhaps for his own safety's sake Ford will stop flying now.
    Ford's crash a couple of years back was not caused by any lapses in judgement or flight skill, it was caused by mechanical failure.

In fact, Ford was praised as being quite heroic, in that he calmly and skillfully managed to maneuver the aircraft away from homes and people and managed to get it down without hurting anybody on the ground.

At his age he needs to be flying with a safety pilot who would help catch these sorts of mistakes before they happen.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    At his age he needs to be flying with a safety pilot who would help catch these sorts of mistakes before they happen.
    Oh nonsense.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Ford's crash a couple of years back was not caused by any lapses in judgement or flight skill, it was caused by mechanical failure.

In fact, Ford was praised as being quite heroic, in that he calmly and skillfully managed to maneuver the aircraft away from homes and people and managed to get it down without hurting anybody on the ground.
    You might wish to read this:
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...s-is-no-cowboy

Spoken with all of the confidence of someone who doesn't know what he doesn't know.

Helpful hint: Be sure you tell everyone around you how to better do their jobs. Especially, captains and check airmen. They will respect your input, knowledge, and experience.
    Last edited by sparebulb; 02-25-2017 at 08:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dickens View Post
    http://ecclesiastes911.net/indiana_jones/

I assume that this link is to which you were referring?

If so, may I submit that this Mikhail Simkin is running with pure speculative bull$#@! about most of the factors involved.

Be suspicious of those who gleefully provide "expert" analysis.

This douchebag Simkin might have twice the experience as Collins....which amounts to no experience whatsoever.

Meh...horse$#@!.

Regardless, the crash was not the fault of poor airmanship but mechanical failure.
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

If so, may I submit that this Mikhail Simkin is running with pure speculative bull$#@! about most of the factors involved.
    Can you offer any logical objections?
    He has a map after all

This douchebag Simkin
    He is not a douchebag, he is an orc.

Can you offer any logical objections?

He is not a douchebag, he is an orc.
    First of all, what makes you think that this Simkin douche is credible?

All of us should take care to think for ourselves.

Simkin is a liar.

He claims that HF was at 3000' when his engine failed.

Not true.

He was at 1100' MSL which probably meant that he was 900' above the ground.

That isn't much to work with. I know because I've been there, except much lower and much luckier.

The crash site on the golf course is so close to the approach end of the runway because he was headed toward the airport. duh... I guess only in Kalifornia, where there happens to be a well funded campaign to close the Santa Monica airport does this not make sense and turns into a conspiracy to incompetently crash your own airplane for ????? reason.

The rest of Simkin's bullshat is just afterbirth from a turd baby. He is a liar.

Here is the real information, if you care. https://app.ntsb.gov/pdfgenerator/Re...Final&IType=FA

What the F is an orc?

Is that some homosexual gadgetry?
    Last edited by sparebulb; 02-25-2017 at 06:23 PM.

First of all, what makes you think that this Simkin douche is credible?

All of us should take care to think for ourselves.

Simkin is a liar.

He claims that HF was at 3000' when his engine failed.

Not true.

He was at 1100' MSL which probably meant that he was 900' above the ground.

That isn't much to work with. I know because I've been there, except much lower and much luckier.

The rest of Simkin's bullshat is just afterbirth from a turd baby. He is a liar.
    The 3000 feet number is from the cited newspaper articles. So he is not a liar, but an honest orc. And you are the liar.

Here is the real information, if you care. https://app.ntsb.gov/pdfgenerator/Re...Final&IType=FA
    Which appeared after Simkin's article. But 900 feet should be enough for the hero described in the newspaper articles.

What the F is an orc?
    The one from Mordor.

Thumbs down

Spoken with all of the confidence of someone who doesn't know what he doesn't know.
    It is a known fact that people mentally slow down with age. Judging from your post, you appear to be over 100 years old.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It is a known fact that people mentally slow down with age. Judging from your post, you appear to be over 100 years old.
    I will take it as a complement that you think that I have that much experience.

You can thank Harrison Ford for the tyranny, loss of freedom and abuse of power of the Obama administration of the past 8 years since he contributed $30,000+ to Obama's campaign.

http://web.archive.org/web/201105132...rison_Ford.php

Quote Originally Posted by qh4dotcom View Post
    You can thank Harrison Ford for the tyranny, loss of freedom and abuse of power of the Obama administration of the past 8 years since he contributed $30,000+ to Obama's campaign.

Yes, and poetic justice would suggest that the best thing that could happen is that Ford get grounded because of some bull$#@! regulation that was promulgated by the Obama administration.

But since I'm all about less restrictions and less people being grounded and less people losing a career or a hobby because of a relatively common mistake that, in this case harmed not a single person, I'm not going to jump on that bandwagon.

Quote Originally Posted by qh4dotcom View Post

This explains why the fake news media praised his average performance like that

Harrison Ford crash-landed his vintage plane Thursday after losing engine power, suffering serious but not life-threatening injuries after using his extensive piloting skills to “beautifully” bring down the plane on a golf course and avoid nearby homes.
    — The Associated Press

Harrison Ford "saved several lives" by avoiding crashing his vintage plane into a densely populated area, an eyewitness told NBC News

Harrison Ford heroically “saved several lives” after bravely fighting with the controls of his stricken plane before crash landing, it has emerged.
    — The Daily Mirror

True to the heroes he plays on the big screen, a calm and collected Harrison Ford glided his aeroplane into a crash landing on a Venice, California golf course yesterday.
    — The New Zealand Herald, Harrison Ford's emergency landing reveals crack action-man flying skills
    http://ecclesiastes911.net/indiana_jones/

This explains why the fake news media praised his average performance like that
    Imagine if it was Mel Gibson instead?

Quote Originally Posted by seapilot View Post
    Imagine if it was Mel Gibson instead?
    One would first have to imagine that he flies airplanes.